Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #6691
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Why not? 3" exhausts bolt to the stock cat, and the flanges of the stock cat are the same on both sides (except for the way they're clocked), thus, a 3" exhaust would bolt to the stock downpipe, THUS, the 3" Catco would work fine, even with a stock DP and catback. Although, a 3" cat with stock everything else would be silly, but I doubt that's the case here.
for a while I was running 3" downpipe -> 2.5" cat -> 3" exhaust, and it was a little tricky to get it to seal properly.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #6692
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Thats what I would think. But apparently people dont care about exhaust leaks.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #6693
machuca212
Leaky Injector

machuca212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by machuca212 View Post
quick question would the catco 3in high flow cat on enjuku racing directly fit the ka?
yea sorry forgot to put in the little details.... i have a stock down pipe connected to a 3in test pipe which is connected to 3in isis straight pipes. the only reason im looking into a cat is because i need to pass my emission testing in a couple weeks
machuca212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #6694
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Thats what I would think. But apparently people dont care about exhaust leaks.
fucking hate that shit, super raspy
Old 07-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #6695
andy95ka

andy95ka is an unknown quantity at this point
weird idling problem 95 240 ka24de

Wats up guys I recently finished my ka24de build all forged internals complete motor build from sensors to lines etc and I am running this motor in my s14 planning.to go turbo but recently I have been having issues with my idling like I changed plugs everything basicly and nothing I just took off the trottle and cleaned it all looks like new and still nothing idk I know how to get around a motor I just need a some tips of wat u guys think it might me send me a message let me know thatnks guys
andy95ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #6696
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy95ka View Post
Wats up guys I recently finished my ka24de build all forged internals complete motor build from sensors to lines etc and I am running this motor in my s14 planning.to go turbo but recently I have been having issues with my idling like I changed plugs everything basicly and nothing I just took off the trottle and cleaned it all looks like new and still nothing idk I know how to get around a motor I just need a some tips of wat u guys think it might me send me a message let me know thatnks guys
Wait, take a breath. What exactly is happening? Elaborate on "issues with idling?" Saying just that is too vague for any help.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #6697
andy95ka

andy95ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Like I turn on the car for a second its good then it just goes down to like 500 then 200 like that constantly but wen I'm driving it it runs good idk wat else it could be
andy95ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #6698
srstan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
srstan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ you really need to learn how to use periods in your posts. You used one and it was mid sentence. it sounds like you might have a vacuum leak.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #6699
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
What is this line for/where does it go?

Brake Booster.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #6700
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy95ka View Post
Like I turn on the car for a second its good then it just goes down to like 500 then 200 like that constantly but wen I'm driving it it runs good idk wat else it could be
vacuum leak
Old 07-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #6701
yongai27
Leaky Injector

yongai27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know a good place in the irvine/Anaheim/long beach area to get your wheels powdercoated? I found a place called americoat in orange, they charge 65 a wheel, can anyone vouch for them?
yongai27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #6702
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Good evening Zilvians. Just a quick question, will '99 Q45 brakes clear 16x8 +0 xxr 002's? Thank you fellow Zilvians!
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #6703
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
I know of the Chasebays Tucked Radiator kit for S14, but has anybody else done it before not using this kit? Possibly there is a stock cars radiator out there that fits under the rad support?

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #6704
silver04rsx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
silver04rsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Can I get a mod to change my name to Briggs? I dont own a silver04rsx anymore...
silver04rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #6705
budding240

budding240 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13

Nooby question here, but how do you tell which front coilover is driver side and passenger side for s13? I just got some coils and new to installation. They aren't marked. Thanks
budding240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #6706
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton1o View Post
I know of the Chasebays Tucked Radiator kit for S14, but has anybody else done it before not using this kit? Possibly there is a stock cars radiator out there that fits under the rad support?
I have looked into the same thing. but didnt go any further than looking. Measure the area you want to fill, go to mishimoto's website and find the closest size radiator you can. I believe the RSX was the closest to what i found for a s13 that has the same hose outlet locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver04rsx View Post
Can I get a mod to change my name to Briggs? I dont own a silver04rsx anymore...
$5 bux under where you buy a premie membership. So....

Home > premie membership(on the left) > Click here to order! > Change username (bottom of page)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budding240 View Post
Nooby question here, but how do you tell which front coilover is driver side and passenger side for s13? I just got some coils and new to installation. They aren't marked. Thanks
Look at the direction your brake line brackets are facing when you take the old ones off. Also the should be a L and R somewhere on the shock itself to tell you the side.
Btw brake line bracket should be pointing towards the rear.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #6707
SilEightyRHD
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
SilEightyRHD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
turbo install

I'm putting in a new t28 s15 turbo into my black top sr20det...and i figure since i have everything out why not get a new turbo elbow. Looking for some recommendations on good turbo elbows. I was looking at a trust turbo elbow. Any ideas.
SilEightyRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #6708
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
What gauge wire does the S14 fender harness use? If it matters it's a '96. My tire ate through the harness because I guess it wasn't pulled up good enough, and I need to replace wires... Please and thank you.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #6709
jdmjap808
Leaky Injector

jdmjap808 is an unknown quantity at this point
I need help with setting my aem true boost gauge for a redtop with minor mods. Ive looked all over the web and i cant find a good setting for a t25 setup.
i want to run 12 psi dd but it spikes to 18+psi and it freaks me out. Any true boost users out there can help me out PLEASE!!!
jdmjap808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #6710
SmokeCircle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SmokeCircle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Would it be straight to run only two of the hex bolts used in the camber plates for front coilovers?Im running PSM comp coilovers if that matters. I need to do this only until i can get s14 LCAs.
SmokeCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #6711
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I have looked into the same thing. but didnt go any further than looking. Measure the area you want to fill, go to mishimoto's website and find the closest size radiator you can. I believe the RSX was the closest to what i found for a s13 that has the same hose outlet locations.
Thanks alot mate, will have to do something like that altho im in a different country so the RSX may be a bit hard for me to find here, thats for the help

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #6712
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilEightyRHD View Post
I'm putting in a new t28 s15 turbo into my black top sr20det...and i figure since i have everything out why not get a new turbo elbow. Looking for some recommendations on good turbo elbows. I was looking at a trust turbo elbow. Any ideas.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #6713
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by budding240 View Post
Doesn't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilEightyRHD View Post
Trust/Greddy Turbo outlet is the way to go. Just make sure you use high temp anti sieze on the threads when isntalling it, in the even you ened to take it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
What gauge wire does the S14 fender harness use? If it matters it's a '96. My tire ate through the harness because I guess it wasn't pulled up good enough, and I need to replace wires... Please and thank you.
18 maybe? Just clip a piece off, take it to the store, compare size, and buy a roll of it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvia? View Post
Would it be straight to run only two of the hex bolts used in the camber plates for front coilovers?Im running PSM comp coilovers if that matters. I need to do this only until i can get s14 LCAs.
It's not proper nor right, but it should be ok. Just check frequently to make sure they aren't moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
While a nice piece, the one piece design IMO is a PITA in the even you need to ever take the turbo/manifold/downpipe/exhaust off the car, as getting to the 5 bolts on the turbine outlet are a cocksucker at best. I like split downpipes as getting to the lower 3 bolts is 100% easier.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #6714
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anton1o View Post
Thanks alot mate, will have to do something like that altho im in a different country so the RSX may be a bit hard for me to find here, thats for the help
RSX = Honda integra everywhere else in the world. DC5 chassis code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Doesn't matter
I was in shock/strut land, didnt think about coils.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #6715
jdmjap808
Leaky Injector

jdmjap808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone answer my question? Youtube, Aem forums, and google doesnt help. i need advice from people that had problems then had people help them or figured it out themselves.
jdmjap808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #6716
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjap808 View Post
I need help with setting my aem true boost gauge for a redtop with minor mods. Ive looked all over the web and i cant find a good setting for a t25 setup.
i want to run 12 psi dd but it spikes to 18+psi and it freaks me out. Any true boost users out there can help me out PLEASE!!!
AEM TRU-BOOST Gauge / Boost Controller - Monitor and Control Boost 30-4350
http://www.aemelectronics.com/Images...%2030-4350.pdf

There is a whole video series on the first link how it works.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #6717
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
I'm Ditching the Instant Gentleman Zenki Aero on my S14 and later on Planning Kouki Aero within the year but Not quite ready yet.

I need a Bumper retainer Badly and Wondering will the Kouki S14 one Work decent for now to support my Zenki OEM bumper untill I get the rest of the Aero to go Full Kouki?
I need to support my bumper with Something because Mines Gone on the car I bought. I don't want to have to buy a Zenki Support when I'm going Kouki later.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #6718
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Anybody ever seen a 240 with a louvered hood? I've seen datsuns with them, think it might be cool.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #6719
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i'm upgrading to j30 front brakes and i know all j30s have abs but it connects differently than my s13 with abs. so my question is: can you put j30 brakes on an abs equipped s13 and is there anything different i have to do to make it work?
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #6720
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontxploitme View Post
i'm upgrading to j30 front brakes and i know all j30s have abs but it connects differently than my s13 with abs. so my question is: can you put j30 brakes on an abs equipped s13 and is there anything different i have to do to make it work?
If the plugs are different, just splice it into the S13 setup and go from there.