Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-29-2011, 12:55 AM   #6271
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Really?
I would have said superstar leon hardiritt ordens
I checked out SuperStar's website (in Japanese no less..thank god for pictures), and saw that the Hardiritt Beils actually appear closer in design than these. Unfortunately they are still not the culprit, as I noticed a couple differences. Here's a comparison:

SuperStar Leon Hardiritt Beils:

Wheels in question:

If you look closely, the Beils have 5 bolts between each spoke vs. 4 for the BMW. Each spoke on the Beils also has a sort of groove in it towards the lip and seems to curve inward (convex) whilst the Bimmer's do not have grooved spokes and look to be curving outward (concave) more instead. Maybe I'm just a wheel noob and these are the same but this is bugging the crap out of me and I need it to be put to rest, lol. I appreciate everybody's responses.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:47 AM   #6272
namfbroh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
namfbroh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Okay, I'm thinking this should be a fairly easy question to answer lol. I've got an NRG hub and quick release, and for the horn there's the power and ground, but my horn button only has one prong... wtf should I do? I know it seems like a silly question but I'm kinda stumped about this...
namfbroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:50 AM   #6273
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Im gonna try and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
I'm trying to find out who makes/made these wheels and what they're called. They kinda resemble the Mercedes-Benz 5-spoke AMG rims
You mean these....

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness!
Coincidentally, I have them on my S14 in Gran Turismo 4 (but in the game they're concave and...6-lug?
These were answered here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post

The actual wheels you have in the game are for a Dodge Viper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness!
So I did a little research and found similar ones on a BMW from some HellaGhey meet
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3381/3538860725_ed4007435b_o.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3614/3539673116_3775c2a83f_o.jpg[/IMG

So far the only name I've been able to come up with is "Star Form" wheels, but Google didn't yield much information regarding them. If anyone knows what these are (or a comparable design), particularly the ones in the game, I would greatly appreciate it.
These are Starforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
I checked out SuperStar's website (in Japanese no less..thank god for pictures), and saw that the Hardiritt Beils actually appear closer in design than these. Unfortunately they are still not the culprit, as I noticed a couple differences. Here's a comparison:

SuperStar Leon Hardiritt Beils:
[IMG]http://www.superstar-wheel.com/products/leonhardiritt/images/beil/beil_spolish.jpg[/IMG
Wheels in question:
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3614/3539673116_3775c2a83f_o.jpg[/IMG
They are not Beils or ordens.

Similar wheels would be
Zauber

Super stars

But what you want is something that flares on the spokes. the wheels previously posted are all straight spoked.

Work Euroline/SSR viennas are a good example but obviously have a different center.

I recognize the face with no center cap but cant place the name at the moment. hope this starightens some of your prior questions out.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #6274
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
Nice, and all this with a 15/16 bmc and stock manual booster.? I'm currently upgrading brakes on mine. I was debating on keeping stock rear calipers or not, but right now I think im just going to do similar to yours. 15/16-manual booster, z32 30mm calipers and rotors, stock rear with altima rotor. You say the pedal feel is same to stock?
The pedal feel is about as close as you'll ever get to to stock, as the 15/16 BMC and the stock booster is what Nissan put on the Silvia K's car that had the z32 calipers/stock rear calipers factory in Japan.

Now if you were going to the rear Z32 calipers, then you should look into the dual diaphragm booster and the 17/16" Z32 BMC.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #6275
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Grabbing a motor from a s13 into a s14. What all is different?
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #6276
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
Grabbing a motor from a s13 into a s14. What all is different?
When you were in highschool and had to write a paper on the Battle of Waterloo, how did you find your information?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 05-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #6277
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I've run the stock S14 (non abs) power booster on my 15/16th now for about 4 years, and have no complaints at all with the pedal feel...in fact it feels just like stock did. I personally didn't like the dual diaphragm feel, kinda mushy to me...way over assisted.

With that said the Z32 ones require 'fitting'...whereas the 240sx ABS cars do not...keep that in mind as well.

Also, the booster needs to be from an ABS car...Automatic/Non ABS cars used the single diaphragm just manual/non abs cars.
Quote:
The pedal feel is about as close as you'll ever get to to stock, as the 15/16 BMC and the stock booster is what Nissan put on the Silvia K's car that had the z32 calipers/stock rear calipers factory in Japan.

Now if you were going to the rear Z32 calipers, then you should look into the dual diaphragm booster and the 17/16" Z32 BMC.
cool beans man i will be just running the z31 bmc then i'll let you know how it goes! thanks again
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #6278
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
When you were in highschool and had to write a paper on the Battle of Waterloo, how did you find your information?
my bad i forgot you all were anal about that. I did both, but posted here first. might just take it down to the long block.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #6279
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
you ask some of the easiest o answer questions and then call people anal when they tell you to search. Not a good way to get people to help, when they are obviously already dis-interested in helping you.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #6280
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I recognize the face with no center cap but cant place the name at the moment. hope this starightens some of your prior questions out.
This intrigues me.

Not Euroline DH
Not SSR Vienna
Not SSR Adrenaline Dish
Not Amistad Dish
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #6281
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
you ask some of the easiest o answer questions and then call people anal when they tell you to search. Not a good way to get people to help, when they are obviously already dis-interested in helping you.
well its only true. if its a simple ? then it can be answered. I specifically wanted to know about pumps etc.(things that I did not find). If I could have deleted my post i would have, it was just first nature to hit up this thread on my iphone, and being away from a big computer to search. Not being cocky.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:37 AM   #6282
namfbroh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
namfbroh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
OKAY, I'm HOPING somebody can answer a serious question for me now so I don't need to make a thread. I'm looking at R32 GTR 4piston calipers and rotors drilled for 4lug for my S13. I'm looking into brake lines, but I'm wondering if I can just use Z32 lines? Or do I need GTR lines? :S

Would really appreciate some input. Thanks!
namfbroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #6283
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What rear overfenders are these anyone?

ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #6284
Discoballer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Discoballer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
S13 Aero mierrors....does anyone aside from craft square make these things for the s chassis? Not to mention they only make em for the s15....either that or that's all Evasive can get.

Craft Square Carbon Touring Competition Mirrors - Nissan S15 Silvia: Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST

Not to mention 600 bucks non refundable is a little out of my price range for a set of mirrors LOL. I was thinking if not I'd try to Frankenstein something together....
Discoballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #6285
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
well its only true. if its a simple ? then it can be answered. I specifically wanted to know about pumps etc.(things that I did not find). If I could have deleted my post i would have, it was just first nature to hit up this thread on my iphone, and being away from a big computer to search. Not being cocky.
Convenience should not ever be an excuse for something.

Yes I am anal about that stuff (telling people how to search) as that's how you really learn about things. Sure there is a ton of useless banter in threads, but if it wasn't for reading through them there are countless things that I'd never know.

I went to google, typed in s13 and s14 parts interchange, and found information in the 5th result that will work for you. There are a lot of answers and things to look at in this thread http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/180073-s14-ka-s13.html Not a bad idea to PM some of the guys with 'experience' in there for help too.

Again, I may be anal, but it's only for your good. Protip: Use google, and don't even bother with the search feature here. Google allows you search for smaller terms/words that the forum search can't.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #6286
jdmjap808
Leaky Injector

jdmjap808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can i find/buy a miracle crossbar (Xbar) type 1 for my fastback? Is ebay xbars real and are they made of good quality?
jdmjap808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #6287
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Can someone tell me what's going on with this setup?
8 injectors? Sorry, if this was covered before.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #6288
driftthis
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
driftthis has a spectacular aura aboutdriftthis has a spectacular aura aboutdriftthis has a spectacular aura aboutdriftthis has a spectacular aura aboutdriftthis has a spectacular aura aboutdriftthis has a spectacular aura aboutdriftthis has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What oil filter(s) fit this oil filter mount (EAR-2178ERL)?
Earl s Performance 2178ERL - Earl's Temp-A-Cure Remote Oil Filter Mounts - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Old 05-31-2011, 01:14 AM   #6289
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ok i got in a debate over this today. My battery is in the trunk and the power cable runs right next to the ecu cables, pretty much touching them. My friend swears it will kill my ecu.

I say not, i put split loom on the power cable because it has the (air) gap so static electricity wont build up, plus its a thick ass wire with a thick cover on it. So who's right? Should i move my power cable?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:48 AM   #6290
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Does nobody know what the 'identify this thread' is?

@singlecamslam- you'll be fine as long as there is no exposed wire. Just make sure you have it wrapped up.

Does anyone know where I can purchase some of these clips? They're to hold the shoulder strap up out of the way on older cars with the 2 piece belts (lap belt w/ optional shoulder strap).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beltclips.jpg (43.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-31-2011, 04:03 AM   #6291
slpery86

slpery86 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys

just have 3 quick questions, any help would be great!

1. vs-xx, do o-disk centres have less 'curve' then a-disk? (flatter face)

2. would o-disk clear factory kouki 180sx front calipers? (pretty sure they're 2 pot)

3. do you think it's possible to find new 17" vs-xx centres anywhere? (old stock somewhere or something)

cheers!!
slpery86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #6292
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
No sir.....
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #6293
t_rempel
Leaky Injector

t_rempel is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, I'm putting in some autometer gauges, and I would really like it if I could dim the gauge lights along with the rest of my interior lighting. Wiring them in normally is simple enough, but this has me a little confused.
What's a good way to accomplish this?
I've spent some time looking at the FSM's wiring diagram but don't really know what I'm looking at...
t_rempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #6294
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_rempel View Post
Hey guys, I'm putting in some autometer gauges, and I would really like it if I could dim the gauge lights along with the rest of my interior lighting. Wiring them in normally is simple enough, but this has me a little confused.
I've spent some time looking at the FSM's wiring diagram but don't really know what I'm looking at...
tinted lenses or wire them into your dimmer switch.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #6295
track_warrior

track_warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys i have a s14.5 im wondering if i should buy a carbon fiber cooling plate for a s14 or s15 any ideas on what cooling plate i should use on my s15 conversion??
Old 05-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #6296
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift/this View Post
Buy this instead. I installed it recently and OEM filter worked just fine. Fitment and quality is top notch.

Oil Filter Relocation Kit Miata 1.6 1.8L Nissan S13 S14 | eBay
Old 05-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #6297
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_240sx View Post
Can someone tell me what's going on with this setup?
8 injectors? Sorry, if this was covered before.
Big power setup, dual injector per cylinder helps support and provide the fuel for that hairdryer on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift/this View Post
What oil filter(s) fit this oil filter mount (EAR-2178ERL)?
Ford Domestic FL1A Filter Works perfect, however I wouldn't waste the money on the earls setup, get the the Perma-cool one (same deal) that is 20 bucks.

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase some of these clips? They're to hold the shoulder strap up out of the way on older cars with the 2 piece belts (lap belt w/ optional shoulder strap).
Older mustangs had them
www.cjponyparts.com They freakin carry everything, ship fast, and are well priced. Great guys too, buy from them all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_240sx View Post
Buy this instead. I installed it recently and OEM filter worked just fine. Fitment and quality is top notch.
That's actually a slick little piece for sure, but man do the threaded sections look cheap casty looking.

Last edited by codyace; 05-31-2011 at 01:00 PM..
Old 05-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #6298
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

@singlecamslam- you'll be fine as long as there is no exposed wire. Just make sure you have it wrapped up.

Paint stores might have those clips. EDIT Codyace got it..

The power cable isnt exposed at all, some of the ecu wires are sort of exposed from the factory, i'm going to just black tape it all up
Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #6299
GoToast
Leaky Injector

GoToast is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GoToast
Quote:
Originally Posted by namfbroh View Post
OKAY, I'm HOPING somebody can answer a serious question for me now so I don't need to make a thread. I'm looking at R32 GTR 4piston calipers and rotors drilled for 4lug for my S13. I'm looking into brake lines, but I'm wondering if I can just use Z32 lines? Or do I need GTR lines? :S

Would really appreciate some input. Thanks!
If i can remember correctly Z32, R32, R33 caliper threads are all the same. Try too search the web for s13 to z32 conversion lines. And I believe
that your stock rotors will work, depending on if your putting on 26mm, 28mm or 30mm calipers.

Quote:
I thought those were window net clips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_rempel View Post
Get a wiring pinout for an s13 dimmer switch, use a communal ground for all the gauges and then figure which wires you have to tap in to. Your gauges should have a total of 5 wires in all. 1 ground, 1 signal, 1 12v Acc, and 2 paired wires that will go to the dimmer ground and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by track_warrior View Post
Guys i have a s14.5 im wondering if i should buy a carbon fiber cooling plate for a s14 or s15 any ideas on what cooling plate i should use on my s15 conversion??
Try an s15 cooling panel. My buddy had a s13.5 and ran no panel at all without issue. But worst case scenario, use the Google to find a s14.5 cooling panel.
GoToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #6300
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post

The power cable isnt exposed at all, some of the ecu wires are sort of exposed from the factory, i'm going to just black tape it all up
Yea I'd not worry about it at all. Get some generic loom for it and call it a day.