Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #601
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
"Fakers"....really?

They're old at the point guard position. Everywhere else is pretty solid.
Not only do we need a new PG, we need at least a few more playmakers and shooters.

The Lakers have had enough time to adjust to some type of system. It seems as though every team has a solution for this offense.

Mitch needs to make some moves. It's frustrating as a Laker fan to see them lose on the road.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #602
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Not only do we need a new PG, we need at least a few more playmakers and shooters.

The Lakers have had enough time to adjust to some type of system. It seems as though every team has a solution for this offense.

Mitch needs to make some moves. It's frustrating as a Laker fan to see them lose on the road.
I agree, but the fact is that the offensive system that Mike Brown coaches is unsophisticated usually defaults to "give the ball to [superstar]" when it is all over, not terribly difficult to beat

And I write too!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #603
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thought this was basket ball, not soccer.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #604
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
watching the min vs lac was a pg'o'rama. except cp3 was on the side line.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #605
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I only know football...

do my knicks stand to do well in the east?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #606
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
I only know football...

They're in 8th place in the east right now, and still reeling... it would totally not surprise me to see them miss the playoffs, but they will likely be a 7 or 8 seed

And I write too!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #607
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Lakers two horrible games in a row. When they're bad, they're horrible.

The Clippers game was really exciting! Disappointed they lost their huge lead. It seems like the refs were really helping out Minnesota at the end.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #608
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Man I thought my home town team was bad but...I'd hate to be a Knicks fan right now.

Knicks are 20-21 in their first 41 regular season games together after the Melo/Billups trade.

Celtics went 34-7 their first 41 regular season games together after the KG/RAYRAY trades.

Lakers went 35-6 their first 41 regular season games together after the Gasol trade.

Knicks sold their future for an average team that has the second round of the playoffs as their ceiling. And realistically probably won't make it past the first round for years.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #609
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't believe the Knicks are really this bad, 6-9 and they lost to a winless road team while their most talented player sat out. The sad part is that all the Knicks fans that called the Melala trade a must at the expense of their young, talented core don't mention how well Denver turned out in this trade. 2 overrated stars and an overrated Defensive stopper in the middle and the Bricks seem to be on the outside looking in come playoff time.... L2MS....
Old 01-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #610
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
Lakers two horrible games in a row. When they're bad, they're horrible.
I don't see the Lakers doing well this season, at all. If they do well, I'll be glad to quickly admit that I doubted them.

I honestly think that the Lakers are having a mental block. They can't seem to run their offense the way that they want to on the road. Every team that's played the Lakers on their home court have seem to gotten sucked into that mindset. It's definitely not the Lakers' defense that caused a commotion

As a coach, Mike Brown needs to step it up. Lebron was a young man when he was a coach, he needs to adjust to the fact that the Lakers are a really really slow halfcourt veteran team.

You can't defy age.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #611
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
I only know football...

It's ugly. But i still watch it unlike some overnight heat fan scrub don't know wtf he's talking about.

Until we get rid of this coach, we won't progress any further. A pg would also help. Rumor baron will probably Play soon by the end of this month.

To some it up
1. Pg
2. Fire coach
3. Somebody tell amare to stop dropping his head & driving and look for the open man.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #612
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
It's ugly. But i still watch it unlike some overnight heat fan scrub don't know wtf he's talking about.

Until we get rid of this coach, we won't progress any further. A pg would also help. Rumor baron will probably Play soon by the end of this month.

To some it up
1. Pg
2. Fire coach
3. Somebody tell amare to stop dropping his head & driving and look for the open man.
Lmao! Now I'm an overnight Heat fan? So all the bullshit you have been spewing for pages has been proven wrong and I'm the overnighter? I as well as others on here have called you on all your lack of NBA knowledge and just pure ignorance to the game and you start taking personal shots like some bitch ass 12 year old girl? Thats fine, i'll end my dialog with you on basketball all together because I'm not going to get into internet name calling with some bullshit kid that feels like a big man to get personal when his team is horrible. Takecare kid and you should stick to the Espn msg boards with temper tantrums like that...
Old 01-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #613
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Lmao! Now I'm an overnight Heat fan? So all the bullshit you have been spewing for pages has been proven wrong and I'm the overnighter? I as well as others on here have called you on all your lack of NBA knowledge and just pure ignorance to the game and you start taking personal shots like some bitch ass 12 year old girl? Thats fine, i'll end my dialog with you on basketball all together because I'm not going to get into internet name calling with some bullshit kid that feels like a big man to get personal when his team is horrible. Takecare kid and you should stick to the Espn msg boards with temper tantrums like that...
you call him kid, yet he is 2 years older than you!?!?!?!?

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #614
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
you call him kid, yet he is 2 years older than you!?!?!?!?
He can be 20 years older than me and still be a kid mentally, thats my point. Calling someone names online because that person frustrates you with the truth is what a 12 year old child does because of their limited intelect. I'm fine with a heated sports debate with anyone but once you revert back to middle school you lose my respect. Thats why I'm done talking basketball with someone with limited basketball knowledge.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #615
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Knicks needs a new coach badly, as well as a real point guard - right now we have a rookie as a point guard, who is made for a shooting guard and a shooting guard forced to be a point guard!! This coach is insane!! I am disappointed, and probably continue to be until the coach is gone or until we acquire a real point guard - looks like Baron might be coming back soon, but he cant play 48 minutes. Another thing i hate is the switching on defense, where most the time a guard is picking up a center or PF.. sad.. The pieces are there, the current coach should not! And Amare.. the guy needs to get back into his game!

I like how Riq was absent throughout the heat's losing streak, but once they win, he pops back his head into this thread to shit on the knicks..

Lakers looks old and lost.. the new players are garbage - reminds me of the knicks' bench lol..
Old 01-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #616
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
Knicks needs a new coach badly, as well as a real point guard - right now we have a rookie as a point guard, who is made for a shooting guard and a shooting guard forced to be a point guard!! This coach is insane!! I am disappointed, and probably continue to be until the coach is gone or until we acquire a real point guard - looks like Baron might be coming back soon, but he cant play 48 minutes. Another thing i hate is the switching on defense, where most the time a guard is picking up a center or PF.. sad.. The pieces are there, the current coach should not! And Amare.. the guy needs to get back into his game!

I like how Riq was absent throughout the heat's losing streak, but once they win, he pops back his head into this thread to shit on the knicks..

Lakers looks old and lost.. the new players are garbage - reminds me of the knicks' bench lol..
Actually, I did pop up on here during the 3 game losing streak, I even left a comment about the Lakers. No one was talking about the Heat losing so it wasn't talked about. I check in on this thread atleast once a week. If no one is posting about a subject that I care for I don't comment. There has been alot of king kong shit talking coming out of NY for years so why would you get hurt when someone jumps on the team for sucking so hard? Had the Heat been this bad there would be alot more shit being talked to Heat fans. Would I get sensitive if the Heat were to lose 5 in a row and you Knicks fans would start popping off at the mouth? Hell no... Why? Because the Heat went through a 5 game losing streak last year as well and still got to the finals. My team has proven that this roster can win. The Knicks on the other hand have proven that their roster has been a mistake so far. Can it change? Yes, so there is no need to turn in a 12 year old when so one gives you a hardtime. So don't worry, I don't feel the need to hide from anyone when my team loses, after all it's just basketball.

Either way, the Knicks will win it all this season and Dantoni will win coach of the year.... LETS GO KNICKS....

Last edited by Riq; 01-21-2012 at 08:57 PM..
Old 01-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #617
Riq
Zilvia Addict

I was able to catch the Knicks vs Nuggets game just after the Heat game. I must say Melala was on fire at the end of regulation and both overtimes but he also went into his blackhole mode and you kinda got to see why Denver never got anywhere with him on their roster. At the end of the first overtime he got the ball at the too of the key. Everyone on the floor knew he wouldn't pass it so 3 nuggets players swarmed him, instead of passing the ball to an open shooter on either side of the court he kept it and threw it out of bounce trying to draw the phantom foul. Amar'e was no where to be found in overtime either, that guy gets paid too much to not out rebound Nene. Overall a fun game to watch at the end but overtime was lost by the Knicks and not won by the Nuggets, hell I actually saw the Knicks play good D but their offense was pure Heroball.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #618
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I agree - melo was hot and was not looking to make plays when there were at least 2 open men on the floor.. The D was good, but they switched way too much - at one point shumpert was guarding nene. it was a fun game to watch and gallo, like any subpar player had a great night against the knicks..
Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #619
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

kind of worried where melo's mentals state is heading. he's starting to doubt and when that happens it lowers confidence. nky needs him shooting confident. amare is just lost, there's nobody confident right now. without harrelson and with jordan on dleague we're mad gimped when Tchandler gets in trouble. out of shape and injured, i think nky should sink this season.

lol at this guy
http://www.msg.com/our-teams/knicks/...ts-121-1.81467
Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #620
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Lets go Bulls.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #621
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
With football season winding down...time to start watching basketball again.

With that said...HOW THE FUCK ARE THE 76ers 11-5 and the Pacers 11-4?!?!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #622
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

76ers are legit. dont sleep on them.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #623
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Lets go Bulls.
as long as the white mamba is a back up...i still believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wQSqqSGHaQ
Old 01-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #624
rob22
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
rob22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
went to the clipper-toronto game today.
easy win.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:14 AM   #625
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
With football season winding down...time to start watching basketball again.

With that said...HOW THE FUCK ARE THE 76ers 11-5 and the Pacers 11-4?!?!
Super condensed schedule with back-to-back-to-backs favors young high energy teams that kept their cores intact. I don't think that will translate to a deep playoff run for either of those teams though.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #626
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Super condensed schedule with back-to-back-to-backs favors young high energy teams that kept their cores intact. I don't think that will translate to a deep playoff run for either of those teams though.
Both were playoffs teams last year, I think this is as much natural progression of young teams as well as what you said.
Indy is built to shock some people

And I write too!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #627
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Man I thought my home town team was bad but...I'd hate to be a Knicks fan right now.

Knicks are 20-21 in their first 41 regular season games together after the Melo/Billups trade.

Celtics went 34-7 their first 41 regular season games together after the KG/RAYRAY trades.

Lakers went 35-6 their first 41 regular season games together after the Gasol trade.

Knicks sold their future for an average team that has the second round of the playoffs as their ceiling. And realistically probably won't make it past the first round for years.

Now I think of it, nyk was pretty bad opening last season before they went on a crazy streak. Nyk has improved even when theyre struggling. Blame on melo is
Ridiculous. Most of that blame goes to the coach. As for Melo making amare play bad well hes not, thats mostly amare and lack of pg. That average team wasn't going no where. I believe nyk is just couple pieces and adjustment away before turning it around.

War fields! I'm positive thinking here.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 01-23-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Old 01-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #628
---+
Leaky Injector

---+ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Now I think of it, nyk was pretty bad opening season before they went on a crazy streak. Nyk has improved even when theyre struggling. Blame on melo is
Ridiculous. Most of that blame goes to the coach. As for Melo making amare play bad well hes not, thats mostly amare and lack of pg. That average team wasn't going no where. I believe nyk is just couple pieces and adjustment away before turning it around.

War fields! I'm positive thinking here.
Stat works better in a pick and roll/pop since that's how he got most of his points in Phx. Wonder why none of the guards or Melo can run that effectively in NY.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #629
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
To an extent, I can agree but with the wins piling in for those high energy teams, it leaves veteran teams either out or in trouble late in the season and in the playoffs.

High energy teams are definitely favored in this season whether they have their shit together or not actually.

Last night's Laker-Indiana game made me upset. Being a Laker fan this season will be a roller coaster for sure.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #630
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Well, Boston is defying that right now. Layed a ass whooping on the magic.

***ooOoh add spurs on that list.
Closed Thread