Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #6181
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Kevin_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post

what rims are on this kouki? and if possible what wheel spec?

thank you in advance
owner is JDM671 on here. pm him
Kevin_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #6182
bnadeau73

bnadeau73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
where can i get this license plate bracket?
I have a similar bracket, I believe I got it at a yellow hat in japan. Try rhdjapan.com (they take parts requests if they don't have it in stock).

-Brandon
bnadeau73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #6183
srstan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
srstan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEightyNine View Post
If im installing an aftermarket header and the egr pipe wont fit onto the header due to angle can i just plug up the egr pipe with no problem or do i need to do the complete emissions delete if i plug it? Just wondering if there will be any ill effects
thanks
plug the egr on the intake manifold and plug the port on your header and your good to go.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #6184
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
I'm trying to find out who makes/made these wheels and what they're called. They kinda resemble the Mercedes-Benz 5-spoke AMG rims
(pic for reference)

Coincidentally, I have them on my S14 in Gran Turismo 4 (but in the game they're concave and...6-lug?

So I did a little research and found similar ones on a BMW from some HellaGhey meet

So far the only name I've been able to come up with is "Star Form" wheels, but Google didn't yield much information regarding them. If anyone knows what these are (or a comparable design), particularly the ones in the game, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #6185
240sx-pat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
240sx-pat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sx-pat Send a message via MSN to 240sx-pat
Hey guys quick question, I need to know which vacuum hose is hooked to the FPR on the s13 SR20DET

Current my set up is:

Top left nipple at the throttle is for my BOV and boost gauge

Top right is going to the canister

Bottom of the throttle going to the canister

I've been reading and see people hooked up it to the top left where the BOV and boost gauge is. However on another website they have theirs hooked up to the top right. I'm confused I just want my car to run safely please help
240sx-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #6186
srstan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post

So far the only name I've been able to come up with is "Star Form" wheels, but Google didn't yield much information regarding them. If anyone knows what these are (or a comparable design), particularly the ones in the game, I would greatly appreciate it.
rotiform super concave wheels

http://www.oemconcept.com/images/For...cave%20NUE.jpg
Old 05-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #6187
trentjsd
Zilvia Member

trentjsd is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know the part number to oem silvia side skirts?

trentjsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #6188
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Got these cause the set I wanted was on back-order and I had horrible rear camber. When I pulled them a month later one of the retainers had blown out. Wondered where that clicking came from...
How did the aluminum part held up. I'm thinking about welding stock with polyuretane bushing on that heim anyway.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #6189
iLOVEASIANGIRLSS
Zilvia Member

iLOVEASIANGIRLSS is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone know any good 350z forums.. google ones were lame
Old 05-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #6190
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Has anyone ran 'image c2' brake pads? I can pick up a set for a he'll of a deal. Right now I am running sumitomo pads on my 300zx track set up. I'm on the market for some new pads. And input would be nice! Or a great cheap pads that doesnt have any or much fade under the roughest condition?
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #6191
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobis13hb View Post
Has anyone ran 'image c2' brake pads? I can pick up a set for a he'll of a deal. Right now I am running sumitomo pads on my 300zx track set up. I'm on the market for some new pads. And input would be nice! Or a great cheap pads that doesnt have any or much fade under the roughest condition?
What do you do with the car? Is it track based, or is it a street car that sees track once a year?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #6192
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs13 View Post
I cannot get my timing right at all, the marks are all correct and the cas was installed correctly. The only way I can get 15* is when the cas is all the way clockwise. Is my cas bad?
Try stabbing it a little more to the left or right when you initially put it in. In the grand scheme of things, so long as you can get 15* on the timing gun, it makes zero difference where it is adjustment wise

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 05-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #6193
Jdm240sx123
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Jdm240sx123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Small question. No way in he'll was I Gona make a thread for this...

Will a Nismo clutch pedal bracket fit my 14 even though on frsport it says it's for RHD vehicles????????

Thanks again for your time..
Jdm240sx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #6194
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
what rims are on this kouki? and if possible what wheel spec?
XXR 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
where can i get this license plate bracket?
JDM License Plate Bracket by Zealous Japan
Quote:
I'm trying to find out who makes/made these wheels and what they're called. They kinda resemble the Mercedes-Benz 5-spoke AMG rims

The actual wheels you have in the game are for a Dodge Viper.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #6195
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I suck at comprehending this diagram. Can someone tell me which are the important bolts to hold the bellhousing to the engine!?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #6196
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
You need part #s 32010F (x4), and 32010FA (x1).
Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #6197
codyace
Post Whore!

Truthfully the more the better...no reason not to put them all in. With that in mind though, the most important ones are all of the ones that engage the back of the engine block itself...so essentially the upper half of the bolts

Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #6198
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
What do you do with the car? Is it track based, or is it a street car that sees track once a year?
The car is dd//track. Car does see a good couple events a year. And I do spirited drive more often now
I used to run on 180brakes PMU Hc titian pads. I really loved those.

I don't mind changing pads before events but thatching of stupid I know there is a pad out there that would be great for both and that can handle a good auto x event// drft. I can get the image c2 for 75$.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #6199
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
The car is dd//track. Car does see a good couple events a year. And I do spirited drive more often now
I used to run on 180brakes PMU Hc titian pads. I really loved those.

I don't mind changing pads before events but thatching of stupid I know there is a pad out there that would be great for both and that can handle a good auto x event// drft. I can get the image c2 for 75$.
I've never even heard of Image c2, so that fact alone makes me not even consider their stuff. At 75 dollars for a set, I can't see them being that good.

I am a personal fan of Carbotech brakes. With what you described you'd probably be best with an Panther+ (80% street/20%track) or a Xp10 (50/50) compound. If you want some hardcore stuff, check out the XP12's.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #6200
lg54
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
lg54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does it hurt an engine running it without coil pack cover? overheat or something?

rb's
lg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #6201
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I've never even heard of Image c2, so that fact alone makes me not even consider their stuff. At 75 dollars for a set, I can't see them being that good.

I am a personal fan of Carbotech brakes. With what you described you'd probably be best with an Panther+ (80% street/20%track) or a Xp10 (50/50) compound. If you want some hardcore stuff, check out the XP12's.
Im getting the pads for 75% off haha! I know that the pads are not sold here only in Japan, they are a track pad that can be used on the street, I know drifters in Japan use them also for autox. But I was concisering carbotechs. Do they hurt the wallet? I am willing to pay 120-150 for pads.
Like I said before, I don't care about brand I just want to know they are good. Cheapest place you know to get carbotechs?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:03 AM   #6202
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
(pic for reference)
good thing i am a former benz owner hehe. those wheels came on the SLK and CLK amg mercedes. hopefully these links help.
Mercedes Wheels
SLK Mercedes 4 Wheel Packages
Old 05-25-2011, 06:08 AM   #6203
srstan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg54 View Post
Does it hurt an engine running it without coil pack cover? overheat or something?

rb's
no it doesnt hurt.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #6204
srstan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm240sx123 View Post
Small question. No way in he'll was I Gona make a thread for this...

Will a Nismo clutch pedal bracket fit my 14 even though on frsport it says it's for RHD vehicles????????

Thanks again for your time..
First off its HELL not he'll and no it will not fit your lhd s14.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #6205
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg54 View Post

rb's
As said before, no it won't hurt at all

Quote:
Im getting the pads for 75% off haha! I know that the pads are not sold here only in Japan, they are a track pad that can be used on the street, I know drifters in Japan use them also for autox. But I was concisering carbotechs. Do they hurt the wallet? I am willing to pay 120-150 for pads.
Like I said before, I don't care about brand I just want to know they are good. Cheapest place you know to get carbotechs?
While I have nothing against the japanese stuff, I typically try to stay away from them as most information about them is limited at best. C2 may make a great pad, but with so many decent American made pads, I'd rather stick to proven stuff from Carbotech/Hawk/etc etc.

I personally just buy the pads directly from carbotech...can't say I've ever really shopped around for them, as it's easy to call/get their opinions/have it shipped same day. (Plus they are east coast which rocks for me hhehe)

Check this link, and go from there: Carbotech Performance Brakes: Products-Nissan Brake Pads & Shoes

To me, it seems like the Panther+(AX6) compound would work best, but if you're looking for something a little more track based, look at the XP10. I personally run XP12 and will admit they are def a track pad.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #6206
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
XXR 521

[IMG]http://www.finishlinewheels.com/prodimg/ALY02117U.jpg[/IG]
The actual wheels you have in the game are for a Dodge Viper.
Really?
I would have said superstar leon hardiritt ordens
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #6207
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a full set of teardrops, one is on the car in this pic:

They are all painted the same, but the paint has become pretty haggard. I want to refinish them cheaply and put them back on the car for the time being. Should I try to polish them or paint them and what color should I go with for paint? I was thinking the gunmetal dupont wheel paint
Steinkrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #6208
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
whats that green box serve for the s13 located on the driver side in the engine bay.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #6209
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLOVEASIANGIRLSS View Post
does anyone know any good 350z forums.. google ones were lame
my350z.com
Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #6210
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post
I have a full set of teardrops, one is on the car in this pic:

They are all painted the same, but the paint has become pretty haggard. I want to refinish them cheaply and put them back on the car for the time being. Should I try to polish them or paint them and what color should I go with for paint? I was thinking the gunmetal dupont wheel paint
paint them silver with the incents or whatever(the teardrop part) gunmetal it looks real clean
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote