Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #6091
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
^^^Most likely not. I'm sure Acura/Honda is glad the NSX burned at the test track or while its being tested before they sold it to the public. Now they can go back and fix it before selling it as a production vehicle. Isn't that why manufacturers test their products before selling it to the masses?
coulda fooled me lately with all the recent recalls... including the 7.2 million cars on GMs end

just saying...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #6092
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Honda should stick with making CUV's. Seems that's all they are good at now-a-days.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #6093
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
coulda fooled me lately with all the recent recalls... including the 7.2 million cars on GMs end

just saying...
Totally agree with you, but who said its a perfect world? There will always be problems with technology. I'd rather my engine blow or die on the side of the road as oppose to catching fire though. Which situation would you rather be in?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #6094
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
were getting to the point where we are putting TOO MUCH technology into these rolling shit boxes. why is it so few 90s cars require recalls? because they were much simpler, they didnt heat your ass, they didnt have 94 speed automatic transmissions, they didnt come with 1000 times a second checking traction control, the engines used a very basic and easy to deal with form of fuel injection and computer management, the ECU didnt cost more than the engine, your car didnt come with a "POWERED BY INTEL" badge on the dashboard.

there is something to be said about simplicity. the more and more technology crap that is crammed into cars is just going to cause more and more problems. im just waiting for the day when people start "hacking" cars as they drive by. at the moment, were basically in the age of Windows 95 as far as cars are concerned. itll be interesting the day when youre driving along and all of a sudden you gauge cluster shows you the blue screen of death right before you drive into oncoming traffic because ALL of the systems that control your input are now shut down and there is no manual based control.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #6095
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
pretty sure someone got fired for that one...
I see what you did there lol
Old 07-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #6096
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I see what you did there lol
lol actually there was no pun intended, but i knew someone was gonna say something about it hahahha

Old 07-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #6097
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Next gen Camaro going 4 cylinder turbo!?!?! say what in the butt?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/17/c...spy-shots-zl1/
I actually look forward to this. I drove the ATS 2.0T and thought the powertrain was really good for a turbo 4.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #6098
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
were getting to the point where we are putting TOO MUCH technology into these rolling shit boxes. why is it so few 90s cars require recalls? because they were much simpler, they didnt heat your ass, they didnt have 94 speed automatic transmissions, they didnt come with 1000 times a second checking traction control, the engines used a very basic and easy to deal with form of fuel injection and computer management, the ECU didnt cost more than the engine, your car didnt come with a "POWERED BY INTEL" badge on the dashboard.

there is something to be said about simplicity. the more and more technology crap that is crammed into cars is just going to cause more and more problems. im just waiting for the day when people start "hacking" cars as they drive by. at the moment, were basically in the age of Windows 95 as far as cars are concerned. itll be interesting the day when youre driving along and all of a sudden you gauge cluster shows you the blue screen of death right before you drive into oncoming traffic because ALL of the systems that control your input are now shut down and there is no manual based control.
Totally agree with you. No argument there, that's why I still have my s13. And the whole hacking thing you mentioned, already possible. It just hasn't caught on yet.

Lastly, funny how you mentioned mentioned the BSOD because the Hyundai Veloster forum I frequent. A member posted a thread on there today that his Veloster's front passenger wheel locked on him during a turn and he spun out. He's not sure if its torque vectoring or traction control that did it. He's gone through the same stretch of road with the same car lots of times and this was the first time it happened. The car was towed to his nearest dealership! Take that!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #6099
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
(movie promo voice) in a world where everyone drives I4 2.0l turbos............
Old 07-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #6100
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:

I was just saying this to saying the other day. Now I think I know how the old fogeys with their simple 60's & 70's muscle cars feel us with our relatively more complex 80's & 90's rides with our turbos, ABS, LSDs, power everything, etc...
Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #6101
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
As much as I like the look of the E46 M3 and it's supposed performance the electronics in it scare the hell out of me in a repair situation. Heh and that is not even as bad as the newer BMW's.
I do totally agree with the consensus of way more electronics than is needed. Hell that whole debate is going on in F1 right now. The whole Liter of fuel per hour rule causes a limit on RPM's and Horsepower of the engines. Hence the engines are limited to 11000 rpm vs the typical 16-18k and drivers must manage their fuel just to make it the end of the race. It's like driving a fricken taxi in a race.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #6102
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The issue I see is how poorly they handle all the electronics. They don't come across at all as consumer electronics. It's a bunch of overly complicated buggy systems that aren't very well integrated into a robust whole.

I think these car companies can do with some help from other industries when it comes to electronics.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #6103
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
All of this arguing about simplicity and electronics reminds me of the whole ECM vs carburetor debate. Not that I disagree. I don't want my car to be a media center.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #6104
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

neat little tidbit i found this morning...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11405267...aled-for-japan

Old 07-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #6105
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Wow. What shit performance figures that motor puts out. Unimpressed & uninterested. Try again, Mercedes.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #6106
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO9LYepgRq0
Old 07-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #6107
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

the eau rogue Q50 prototype has been driven by an actual person!

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/28/2...-review-video/

also for those interested in the IDx, i put a question up on Autoblog for their next podcast to address. i would really appreciate it if you guys would go give this a thumbs up as i would love to hear a solid answer...

http://vhm.me/35dmd?fb_action_ids=10...ref_map=%5B%5D

Old 07-31-2014, 02:33 AM   #6108
RedRedWine
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (26)
RedRedWine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_iRcpJ1Z1U
RedRedWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #6109
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedWine View Post
September 3 can't come sooner. I wonder if mazda can make it look pretty.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #6110
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
September 3 can't come sooner. I wonder if mazda can make it look pretty.
I actually think the current 6 and 3 are the best direction Mazda has went style wise since the 90's.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #6111
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I actually think the current 6 and 3 are the best direction Mazda has went style wise since the 90's.
Agreed. There are a few 2015 Miata concept renderings with the current design language and they look damned good. I would LOOOOVE it if they brought back the Mazdaspeed version with an optional turbo motor.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #6112
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Agreed. There are a few 2015 Miata concept renderings with the current design language and they look damned good. I would LOOOOVE it if they brought back the Mazdaspeed version with an optional turbo motor.
I wish they'd do a proper hardtop too. They could kill two stones with one bird then and not even have to bother with a new RX.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #6113
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-conte.../Mazda-157.jpg

Japan-only model. Please do it again, Mazda!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #6114
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I wish they'd do a proper hardtop too. They could kill two stones with one bird then and not even have to bother with a new RX.
That is a good idea there, sir.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #6115
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-conte.../Mazda-157.jpg

Japan-only model. Please do it again, Mazda!
That looks pretty cool. A whole lot better than the regular Miata. lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #6116
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
To hell with the roadster. Make them all mini coupes.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #6117
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Since everyone was talking about terrible electronics, can we all agree that touch-screen anything in a car is a bad idea?

They banned using 'touch-screen' phones in cars in many states and that is less dangerous than the interface for most cars. At least with a phone I can hold it above the steering wheel.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #6118
RedRedWine
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (26)
RedRedWine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
there has been a lot of speculation in the above clip that it sounds like a turbo motor.
RedRedWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #6119
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews

http://www.carthrottle.com/exclusive...ill-look-like/

is this it???
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:08 AM   #6120
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

if thats it, i just shat my pants!!! that thing is hotness! screw the RX7 revival, thats business right there!