Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #31
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I lifted for 8 months every day for at least an hour. and after it was all over, i looked the same and could bench 10 lbs more. I think i will wait until out of the millitairy, juice for a couple of cycles, and if that doesn't help me out, just live with the fact that i will not be any mre muscular than i am right now. ever.

also 420sx, i will be needing an engine hoist soon, I'll buy the beer if you come over and lift the engine/trans out of my car. (since you're already almost there)
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2005, 03:08 PM   #32
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu
I lifted for 8 months every day for at least an hour. and after it was all over, i looked the same and could bench 10 lbs more. I think i will wait until out of the millitairy, juice for a couple of cycles, and if that doesn't help me out, just live with the fact that i will not be any mre muscular than i am right now. ever.

also 420sx, i will be needing an engine hoist soon, I'll buy the beer if you come over and lift the engine/trans out of my car. (since you're already almost there)
It could have something to do with your work schedule and how much rest you're giving your muscles. But most likely its your eating. If you're burning more calories than you're putting in, you wont gain any mass. I'm a hard gainer too, so i know how that is. I've changed my diet and how much i run and it has really helped me a lot. You basically have to eat all the time, like every few hours. So about 6 times a day. Make sure its quality food and good calories though and you want to take in atleast 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. There's other stuff too, like your water and good carbs, but thats pretty easy. But yeah, the main thing with getting bigger is eating. And fwiw, the only supplements i take are protein shakes and regular vitamins.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:59 PM   #33
publicenemy137
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
publicenemy137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to publicenemy137
Quote:

what revat said and maybe you are lifting wrong and not hard enough? you should give your muscles a rest to rebuild themselves. or you might not be having the right workout. You should do around 9 sets a muscle and lift as hard as you can.

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY CARDOMAIN!

help me decide my next set of rims
publicenemy137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 01:02 AM   #34
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:

hehe yea the last 2 swaps i had to lift up the engine a few times to adjust a few things, its really not that heavy. and tranny is light anyway. benching the block however is a lil more problematic
Old 11-27-2005, 04:37 PM   #35
YakuzaS14
Zilvia Member

YakuzaS14 is on a distinguished road
what kind of supplements do u guys use.
YakuzaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:51 PM   #36
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
I use a protein supplement only. Just your regular "powder form and mix with water" type. Well that and a regular multi-vitamin. Creatine monohydrate is a popular supplement as well, but imo, its soooorta "cheating". Creatine has causes your cells to hang on to more water than they normally would, so in turn you get a ballooning effect. You look bigger, but its not all muscle. Plus once you come off of a creatine cycle, you lose some of your bulk because its not in your system causing your cells to hold the water anymore. It does however have the benefit of helping your muscles recover faster. Its not reeeeally cheating, but you see what i mean? So really its up to the person. I've thought about trying it myself, but i want to see how far i can get just by changing my diet and doing the protein thing.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:24 PM   #37
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
i used creatine for a year and i get really good gains. but then also my genetics is excellent and i get gains fairly easy. now im 5'10, at 225 lbs, about 6-7% body fat. but lately i used twinlabs isolate for my protein since its cheap, sometimes i get perfect Rx as my afterworkout, it comes in 20lbs buckets and fairly inexpensive too.

for creatine Optimum nutrition would do just fine. load for 4 days, then maintain and repeat every 3 months. 5grams at a time 4 times a day while loading.
btw, dont spend all your money on crap. creatine is creatine. Optimum is cheap and very reputable.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:04 PM   #38
revat619
Retired General

+ 1 for Optimum Nutrition products. I just switched to using their protein a few months back and i'm very pleased.

420sx, 5' 10" at 225 and 6-7% body fat...

Geeez fool! You sound like a monster! Now the Drago quote in your sig makes sense! hahaha
Old 11-27-2005, 07:07 PM   #39
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
easiest way I noticed is get the work out routine from college football teams. they also have a chart that lists what your max is, and in relation to how many reps and sets you do, that determine the weight you should train at. I know in high school I increaseg my bench about 5 pounds every 2 weeks from using that method. I peaked though in my leg lifts 405 squat, 425 deadlift, and 205 clean. Also countered by the fact I was at 170 at the time.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #40
drivens13
Zilvia Member

drivens13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dang son,yeah i remember back in high school as a freshmen i was able to bench like 170 and i only weighed 141.Now i'm getting older and some fat on me and work out about once or twice a week if i have the time.One thing i do know is i love being sore,strange as that sounds.
drivens13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:06 PM   #41
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Best I've heard is to hold off on the creatine until you hit a plateau and are having a lot of trouble gaining any more mass, But I think the thing to do if you cant pick up more weight, is to eat eat eat.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:34 PM   #42
420sx
Post Whore!

^thats right. eat eat eat workout eat and sleep.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #43
Romeyo07
Zilvia Member

Romeyo07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Romeyo07 Send a message via MSN to Romeyo07 Send a message via Yahoo to Romeyo07
Snail, I called this weekend to see if you wanted to grab a beer, I just gave it up. Oh well. I feel fat and there's a pair of $60 pants I want to fit in again. I know I sound like a chick, but I'm pissed cause I like them.

I'm getting a nutrition analysis today to tell me to quit eating garbage.
Romeyo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:03 AM   #44
Djrepete

Djrepete is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a volunteer fire fighter with my local town. I'm currently in a contest that for 1st phorm. They're going to sponsor 5 athletes. I need to gain followers on social media ie Facebook Instagram. If you guys could help me out I would be eternally grateful. My Instagram is @djrepete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Djrepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #45
S14_kouki504
Zilvia Member

S14_kouki504 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to S14_kouki504
I started going back to the gym about 3 months ago. Marriage does take a toll on your body and fitness. i go on average about 5 days a week for about 2 hours a night. i've lost about 20 lbs and about 1 inch off my waist. i've also increased my muscle mass. I started out with 15" arms now about 16.5" arms. When i started 3 months ago, i had to fight to do one sit up or push up, i can now do about 50-75 pushups and sit ups a night.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #46
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
This is a god damn 9 year old thread!
We already have a body bulding thread. Use that.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote