Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Grocery Cart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I wouldn't really blame frsport, especially since it was during the holidays.
At least not for the shipping part.. Their customer service is usually way better than that for me, they shouldn't make you pay anything. at all. If anything you should be getting a discount.
I had a similar experience like this with my first purchase from Enjuku. Very frustrating when you need your car on the road and they charge you twice for parts and then it's "declined". They did take care of me in the end which I'm happy about, and have since ordered a few more times with no issue.
However I've never had any issue with frsport, and their customer service has always been the best from any other site I've ordered from.
Grocery Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #32
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
vinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Well I got a call back last night and the women I spoke to agreed that if I don't get the part by 7pm CSD tonight then 1 of 2 things will happen.

Either A. if the item shows up (after today) I can return it [for free] and get a full refund.

or B. if the item doesn't show up today they will file it as lost and it will take 5-10 business days for me to get a refund.
vinnyjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #33
8sixS12

Trader Rating: (0)
8sixS12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't post here much but I saw the op's thread. Not to thread jack but I just had my own customer service issue with FRsport. I was also shopping on black Friday and I noticed they had a set a four HKS 555cc injectors listed for 194.95! I decided to add it to my cart and the discount made the 174.95! I also ordered a few other small items to complete my SR build. The following Monday I got an e-mail saying that I should have gotten free shipping with my order and they apologized for the mistake btw, they went on to say the fuel injectors you ordered were priced per injector. Then they went on to say that if I still needed them that the price would be 750! I was like wow! I mean, I understand that the listing was incorrect but it took these guys like a week to even offer me an alternative and what they offered me wasn't even for the price I paid! They wanted me to pay more money. I mean a set of four Circuit Sports were $242. These guys can't even eat $67 to keep a customer that has already spent 3k in the last year?

I work for the largest mail order and retail performance parts store in the country and I am in management so understand that there is a disclaimer on the site as we have one on our site as well. However, I myself would have at least found a comparable part and offered it to my customer without asking them to pay the difference. Besides all that if I wouldn't have found this mistake on their website they would have never even known about it potentially causing future upset customers. Meanwhile, My order is still sitting in California and another week has gone by with out any contact from FR to resolve the issue. Furthermore, they didn't even have the decency to call me on the phone all correspondences have been via e-mail.

If I didn't need some of these parts to finish my build, I would just have them refund my money altogether so I can certainly see that FRsport definitely has some opportunities in the customer service department.

As for the quoted shipping times, yes the salesperson was indeed wrong for saying that the shipment would arrive in 2 days. Although I agree that the shipping is in fact out of their hands once the parts leave their facility, they should have at least waived the 20% restock fee (which btw I think is completely non-customer oriented) for the mere fact of them quoting you an incorrect shipping estimate. JMO
8sixS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #34
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive ordered plenty from FRSport with no issues. But I have experienced something like this when I ordered from another supplier and I to had a message on the tracking saying like "Missed pickup / Train Delayed"
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #35
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
So...lessons learned from this thread i hope, don't ever depend on online based stores to get you your part on time if you have to have it to operate your car(especially if it's for your daily driver, or matter of fact your only car). But I do fully understand the customer's frustration on this and also the company's frustration.

with that out of the way, I actually prefer to deal with 240sxmotoring/CIP or Enjuku, hell even Drift speed rather than FRSport for price and customer service I've received before.(I don't like getting run around answers from customer support.)
Old 12-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #36
8sixS12

8sixS12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sixS12 View Post
I don't post here much but I saw the op's thread. Not to thread jack but I just had my own customer service issue with FRsport. I was also shopping on black Friday and I noticed they had a set a four HKS 555cc injectors listed for 194.95! I decided to add it to my cart and the discount made the 174.95! I also ordered a few other small items to complete my SR build. The following Monday I got an e-mail saying that I should have gotten free shipping with my order and they apologized for the mistake btw, they went on to say the fuel injectors you ordered were priced per injector. Then they went on to say that if I still needed them that the price would be 750! I was like wow! I mean, I understand that the listing was incorrect but it took these guys like a week to even offer me an alternative and what they offered me wasn't even for the price I paid! They wanted me to pay more money. I mean a set of four Circuit Sports were $242. These guys can't even eat $67 to keep a customer that has already spent 3k in the last year?

I work for the largest mail order and retail performance parts store in the country and I am in management so understand that there is a disclaimer on the site as we have one on our site as well. However, I myself would have at least found a comparable part and offered it to my customer without asking them to pay the difference. Besides all that if I wouldn't have found this mistake on their website they would have never even known about it potentially causing future upset customers. Meanwhile, My order is still sitting in California and another week has gone by with out any contact from FR to resolve the issue. Furthermore, they didn't even have the decency to call me on the phone all correspondences have been via e-mail.

If I didn't need some of these parts to finish my build, I would just have them refund my money altogether so I can certainly see that FRsport definitely has some opportunities in the customer service department.

As for the quoted shipping times, yes the salesperson was indeed wrong for saying that the shipment would arrive in 2 days. Although I agree that the shipping is in fact out of their hands once the parts leave their facility, they should have at least waived the 20% restock fee (which btw I think is completely non-customer oriented) for the mere fact of them quoting you an incorrect shipping estimate. JMO
Update: Spoke with Katherine @ FRSport and she was very understanding of my situation and actually offered me a reasonable solution to my problem. She asked me if I made this post and I was impressed that FRSport actually keeps up with what's going on with their customers which shows that they really are true enthusiasts themselves. Because of Katherine, my view of the company has changed for the better. Thank you Katherine you just retained a customer!
8sixS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #37
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
vinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I spoke to Cat as well and she told me she would send me a return label to ship the item back (which it has arrived now) and issue me a full refund. She also sent me an unexpected free gift box with a CS-X3 Air Freshener, a Bride T-Shirt, a Tomei mouse pad, a Swift Racing license plate frame, a Koyo funnel, a FRSport key chain, and a handwritten apology letter

I think she also retained a customer out of me as well. Her customer service has also definitely given me a more positive view on the company. This is good customer service.

Since it's hard to read, the note says, "To: Vinny, Please accept our apologies. Enjoy the gift. Happy Holidays! From: Your friends @ FRSport"
vinnyjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #38
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
There's a lot of spoiled and entitled-minded individuals in here that are really trying to debate about something that should be taken up with the shipping carriers.

Once it leaves a vendor's facility, they are in control just as much as you are in control of when it arrives to your doorstep. The month of December sees so much mail and parcels, it's crazy. So as redundant and as repetitive as it sounds: EXPECT DELAYS.

Remedy for delays? Order locally at a vendor that has your part in stock.

As for the customer service, FRSport did everything that a rep needs to do. Had this thread not been on Zilvia or any form of social media, they wouldn't have sent you jack shit and why would they need to? Once the item leaves their facility, it's out of their hands and literally, the best thing to do is to contact the shipping carrier.

The reason why they couldn't send you a full refund is because the item was in transit. As a vendor, the purchased items aren't within the facility, so why should I refund you the full amount while the item is still in transit? If any of you actually read their policy, a 20% restock fee was and still is a part of their policy. By ordering through them and clicking agree before checkout, you have agreed to THEIR terms. So fuck your "customer is always right" mentality when you're the kid who clicked "agree".

OP, your whole paragraph about how it is supposed to be the vendors responsibility screams that you're a whiny entitled kid. If you were really in a hurry and wanted answers, an adult (like you portrayed yourself as in your essay) would have tried all means possible which is definitely not what you did.

So really, if anybody with common sense reads this, FRSport is as legit as they come. The car community of tuners are real lucky to have them around and running successfully. This review should be void and it doesn't reflect much about FRSport but rather about online shopping, how much crap gets shoved into shipping carriers facilities, and why you should order locally or within reasonable proximity of your location when you're trying to meet a deadline.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #39
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
^ agreed +10000000

I have ordered a lot of things from FRsport and have never had any issues. If there was a issue (such as a backordered part) I received a call from one of the reps and an email explaining the situation. They either said I could wait, or receive a refund, no questions asked.
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote