Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #31
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
except they built the Mustang to handle much better than the Camaro. Gm did an awesome job, but i think alot of the Camaro's succes has to do with the 8 year absence. next year will be interesting, we can see if the Camaro stays on top. i think if they bring out the Z28 they may.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #32
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
iirc, the z28 was the Camaro's equivelent to the Mustang Shelby 500 or whatever.
Totally different car in the 40k-50k price range.
Kinda redundant as at that level, the Camaro is priced the same as a C6 Corvette.
If I had 50k to blow, a Vette or M3 are the best contenders imo.

Come to think of it, the value of the 30k GT now is just so much better than the 48k Shelby 500.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #33
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
iirc, the z28 was the Camaro's equivelent to the Mustang Shelby 500 or whatever.
Totally different car in the 40k-50k price range.
Kinda redundant as at that level, the Camaro is priced the same as a C6 Corvette.
If I had 50k to blow, a Vette or M3 are the best contenders imo.

Come to think of it, the value of the 30k GT now is just so much better than the 48k Shelby 500.
vette is a whole nother type of car though.

No back seats, lol.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #34
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
anyone ever drive a new camaro? IMO, it's a joke. you cant see shit, the interior is nice looking, but shitty to operate. that car has so many blindspots! and for such a huge car, you cant fit jack shit in it! the 2 2010 mustangs i drove were much nicer to drive. new model should be even better. no to mention, mother-effing grabber blue.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #35
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
2011 mus stank .. is ghey.. Found On Road Dead, Fast Only Rolling Downhill, Fix Or Repair Daily.. never liked mustangs, never will.. just my opinion

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #36
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Ohh, shut up.

Ford is the only American automaker that's doing things right. With the exception of the Corvette and their trucks, GM is garbage. Chrysler isn't doing any better.
wasn't saying it was any better than any of the other american car companies... actually, tesla is better than ford, but besides them, they're all the same.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:57 AM   #37
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Like someone said.. I'd rather get a c6 vette. Even if it's a "whole other car." Value is better, the car is just... better.
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:48 AM   #38
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
I think it's safe to say the Genesis Coupe is irrelevant now. The V6 Mustang is even going to give the 370z it's run for the money.
It seems a little like that... Factory turbo power is nice and all... but the little 2.0L's powerband ain't gonna compare to these big boys. It's like the 90's entry level sports car market all over again... Well, maybe not with the RX8 and Sk2 bowing out, but almost...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #39
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincity_sil80 View Post
2011 mus stank .. is ghey.. Found On Road Dead, Fast Only Rolling Downhill, Fix Or Repair Daily.. never liked mustangs, never will.. just my opinion
How's it feel to be an ignoramus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
wasn't saying it was any better than any of the other american car companies... actually, tesla is better than ford, but besides them, they're all the same.
lol, Tesla, really? You're joking, right?

These guys...
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #40
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
30k and the car goes to 60 in 4.3 seconds stock

thats MIND BLOWING

all these ig'nant folks whining about how bmw's are better blah blah blah, domestics make me burn when i pee,, wah, wah, wah

that new 5.0 will kill nearly all contenders within 15 grand of its price point.

we're 240 enthusiasts, we're about underdog low buck performance cars.

the new GT is ridiculously dominant and none of the objections presented as of yet address the fact that the numbers just bury naysayers.

it still would be nice if it was lighter but nobody makes lightweight mainstream cars anymore. maybe the new ft86 will have a ballsy engine option, who knows. with segment competition like v6 mustangs, the new ft probably will need a higher hp model

Last edited by ranger240; 04-18-2010 at 04:16 PM..
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #41
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Have you ever owned a Ford or do you just think "I'm gay and joined a nissan forum cause everyones doing it and I think all american cars are gay buts everyone else does" ? my parents have owned plenty of Fords and over course there are the ones that are always gonna have problems, but there are also the ones that run flawless for example my dads 93 bronco ran like a champ up until 275xxx miles and the tranny blew out but there is also my sisters 2000 v6 mustang that has gone through one engine and about 4 alternators. So it goes to show there will always be two sides to each story
franklin93zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #42
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
LOL you seriously have to be Joking first off the Tesla uses a Lotus Chassis. Second off when compared to how a real Lotus is its a pile of shit. Its heavy , It wallows in the corners and is just stupidly overpriced for what you get.

Its a rich persons "I am trying to look green" status symbol, by driving an electric sports car and nothing more.

As far as sports cars go I would just as soon save 60k and Buy the Lotus. Great gas mileage goes like stink and handles like a bat out of hell.

Tesla is not even worth mentioning in this convo as well as the Mustang would make mince meat of it.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 04-19-2010 at 12:04 AM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #43
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I was never really into Mustangs. I always thought they were the cliche American-person-car to buy since forever.

However I really did like their retro styling on the newer Mustangs. It definitely kept the car true to its roots, unlike the Foxbodys etc which were terribly ugly.

Overall, they're pretty neat now.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #44
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
30k and the car goes to 60 in 4.3 seconds stock

thats MIND BLOWING
yes, we will see what happens when it reaches the dealer with the markups and whatnot.

Are any of those prices officially released by ford?
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #45
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
You can already 'build your own' on the Ford website.
Imo, you have to watch the options.

A 30k GT base trim seems reasonable enough.
Add the $1600ish brembo pkg, the $400 axle upgradw,
$600 hids, $1,300 stereo, etc,
it can run well beyond 40k before you know it.

I wouldnt be to concerned with the weight of the car.
It does well with the specs & reviews.
Besides 3500 isnt far from the norm.

ill try to test drive the Mustang the next few weeks.
The GF wants a new car & likes the V6 base trim.
soon youll be buried in option costs.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #46
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
I was never really into Mustangs. I always thought they were the cliche American-person-car to buy since forever.

However I really did like their retro styling on the newer Mustangs. It definitely kept the car true to its roots, unlike the Foxbodys etc which were terribly ugly.

Overall, they're pretty neat now.
I forgot in what advertisement but they actually stated that they are trying to get the attention of the "younger female" crowd ranging from ages 16 - 24 or something like that, and yes the foxbody was definitely the ugliest along with the generation that followed it
Old 04-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #47
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
How's it feel to be an ignoramus?

lol, Tesla, really? You're joking, right?

These guys...
I admit..my comment was ignorant in stating that i never will, but as i previously mentioned, its just my opinion, i personally dont like the styling of recent mustangs or a majority of them for that matter. but most of all i just dont like the type of people that drive them from my own personal experiences. that is all

Old 04-19-2010, 12:05 AM   #48
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin93zx View Post
Have you ever owned a Ford or do you just think "I'm gay and joined a nissan forum cause everyones doing it and I think all american cars are gay buts everyone else does" ? my parents have owned plenty of Fords and over course there are the ones that are always gonna have problems, but there are also the ones that run flawless for example my dads 93 bronco ran like a champ up until 275xxx miles and the tranny blew out but there is also my sisters 2000 v6 mustang that has gone through one engine and about 4 alternators. So it goes to show there will always be two sides to each story
Do you think i've owned a ford based off of my comment??and it was a joke!! hence the abbreviations. I know all fords or any car for that matter dont require maintenace daily. but i guess your too simple minded to have even noticed. and really..?? look at the dates that we both joined.. yours is after mine you dumbass, so does that mean you just go around accusing people of what your probably guilty for.. and not once in my previous comment did i ever say that all domestics are gay, you automatically assumed my preference thus making yourself look like an idiot, lastly learn how to write, your sentences dont make sense "I think all american cars are gay BUTS everyone else does" "and over THE course "<---(i capitalized your mistakes for you.. maybe you'll notice this time around)

Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #49
Murphy_Skate
BANNED

Murphy_Skate is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the mustang downgraded from the previous generation as far as looks go. The new ones look like a weak chick version.
Murphy_Skate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #50
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
best fucking Mustang ever made. period.
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #51
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
YES! Bring the Terminator back, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #52
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
look at the dates that we both joined.. yours is after mine you dumbass,
a three month difference really? hahaha i was apart of 300zxclub and nico and I was getting bored with 3zc and nico is gay as shit so I decided to see how I would like zilvia so I decided to creat an account. But whatever I did make myself look like an idiot and you are entitled to your opinion
Old 04-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #53
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_kidd View Post

Not quite.

240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #54
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_kidd View Post
WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxcure View Post
Not quite.

and WRONG

wow with people thinking fox bodies and crappy s/c ones are the greatest its no wonder that mustangs have crappy reputations
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #55
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:

I think it's safe to say the Genesis Coupe is irrelevant now.
The V6 Mustang is even going to give the 370z it's run for the money.
I wouldn't buy the Mustang over the Gen Coupe. I just don't like it enough. I do think the Mustang is a better bang for your buck, but it's styling is not for me.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #56
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
actually, tesla is better than ford, but besides them, they're all the same.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

How can you compare a cottage industry firm with an as-yet not mass market technology to a Fortune 100 household name automaker?

I'll admit that the muscle car aesthetic isn't my bag, but the Stang GT outbrakes the M3, accelerates almost exactly the same, is lighter, is half the price, etc etc etc. If this isn't at all compelling to you than you're obviously not basing your auto-buying decisions on performance.

The V6 with 300hp and 31mpg for $23k is astonishing.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #57
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
the V6 will own anything in its price range.

the 2011 V6 Mustang is as quick as a 2010 GT
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #58
1_Bad_Silvia
Leaky Injector

1_Bad_Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
i still dont respect american cars... it will break down sooner or later..it will become a junk car...and it doesnt deserve to b in this forum
1_Bad_Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #59
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Bad_Silvia View Post
i still dont respect american cars... it will break down sooner or later..it will become a junk car...and it doesnt deserve to b in this forum
^^
I'm not the "rah rah patriotism" type, but this is a seriously ignorant comment.

Do you look at rankings or read automotive news? Is it generally important to you to know what you're talking about before you speak?

Ford handily beat both Nissan and Infiniti in 2009-10 Initial Quality and Dependability rankings.

Toyota and Honda were still higher on both, but Ford ran over Nissan/Infiniti/Mazda (and all the Germans other than Porsche)

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #60
peetiewonder
Zilvia Junkie

peetiewonder is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to peetiewonder
i love the new motor and suspension on the 2011 mustangs but i personally think the body is booty on them compared to the 05-09... i could be a little biased though

if i had the coin i would swap a 5.0 into my 06 in a heartbeat. that motor is bad ass.

My Car is a Hybrid.
It Burns Gas and Rubber.
peetiewonder is offline   Reply With Quote