Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #31
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R33E8 View Post
Yeah, I don't see any advantages to swapping to an SR motor.. I would rather swap an f20 into my 240 than a shitty fan-boy hyped sr20...

AAAAAHAHA.....Wait what?!?...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #32
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisoka View Post
nice car mate, very cool.

that vmount setup pretty nice .

in ausutralia theres a guy doing a f20c into a s13 if you guys wanna check it out lol. this is way cooler imo

funny how people on the australian site dont like the idea of f20c into s13, they rather the normal, but on here you guys dont like idea of sr20 in s2000 you rather the normal
Actually if you search you will find that there was a guy on here that stuck a F20C in a S13 and some of us puked over it.

Seriously there are plenty of good Nissan engines or even the bad ass LS1 you can put in a S chassis that make more sense than putting a Honda engine in. LOL

Oh and yes F20C is a pretty dope 4 banger and taking it out of the S2k to replace it with an SR makes absolutely no sense whatsover. Like I said earlier.

I don't hate SR's I hate bad idea's.

Now I propped him for the work and I propped him for the Originality , Fuck the concept though. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #33
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
AAAAAHAHA.....Wait what?!?...
obvious troll is obvious tricky lol. yeah I'll have my fc20 with a side of bent valves from daily driving kthx. Some dude on NWP4LIFE gave up his s2k for an evo 9 and some idiot was like "oh you'll be back to honda's in no time the s2k>evo" hahaha I almost barfed in my mouth.

I would take a fucking EVO 10 over my car, and I could butrape a stock evo. But a modded evo makes black dynamite it's bitch.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #34
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This is cool and all, but I guess I'm just wondering why? Seems like a hell of a pain in the ass for something a supercharger and two hours of your life would accomplish just as well. None the less nice execution!
Shadowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #35
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the f20 sucks no tourque sounds shitty and honda like revs to 15k but makes no power. na to turbo is never the same no matter what anyone says. Im the kids best friend it has a 300zx rear inline pro swap already when he destroyed the stock rear on power. Its gonna be sweet it will be at night moves i will drive it hopefully and at monticello on the 8th. Just pulled it outta the garage 10 min ago and going on a trailer to je import performance tomorrow to get wired.
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #36
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
the f20 sucks no tourque sounds shitty and honda like revs to 15k but makes no power. na to turbo is never the same no matter what anyone says. Im the kids best friend it has a 300zx rear inline pro swap already when he destroyed the stock rear on power. Its gonna be sweet it will be at night moves i will drive it hopefully and at monticello on the 8th. Just pulled it outta the garage 10 min ago and going on a trailer to je import performance tomorrow to get wired.
ouch, trying to read what you wrote above, hurts my head. Please, try to write legible sentences. Not just run ons with a few periods.

Oh and I still say putting a SR in a S2k is a waste of effort. If you really want a SR? Get a 240 and put a SR in it. LOL. Much less trouble and easier to deal with.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:17 AM   #37
sil80 monster
BANNED

Trader Rating: (5)
sil80 monster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
nice work, but i gotta agree with dave ^^
sil80 monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:30 AM   #38
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice work!! Glad to see some peeps from the Firty Jerz doing it up! Hopefully see you at night moves!
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #39
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
When RS-R made that drift S2K, didnt they jump thru fucking hoops to make the car actually drift since it only wanted to grip? I know they ended up change the steering on it and changed the whole damn rack to something else.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #40
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Nice work man.You should have gone ls1 BROOOO. I don't understand for everyone to repeat the same shit the poster above them said. Im sure the op knew the cons and pros of both motors before doing this. Next time put a jet engine in your car so zilvia can hang by ur nuts while going sideways in to space.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #41
mrphams

mrphams is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going to go against the grain here, and say this is damn awesome!

I've owned an S2000 and sure the initial fun of revving to 9000rpm is great, but I soon got tired of it. The thing has not much torque either.

Good work mate
mrphams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #42
sr20d's2k
Zilvia Member

sr20d's2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVGASM View Post
I'm curious to what rear end you're gonna use, i pretty much grenaded my rear end with stock power. I know inlinePro had a Z32 rear end swap but it was like a million dollars.

have you figured out a way to use the factory digital gauge cluster

That was my first install of Nissan it's in my car already lmao
sr20d's2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #43
sr20d's2k
Zilvia Member

Ok here is why I did it:
S2k power band sucks
Costs 7000+ to boost with out engine build
Selling my shit to pay for this cost me 3000 roughly maybe less
I love fabricating and building it's my hobby not a chore.
I have a car that is extremely rare.
It's factory designed for boost thus more reliable and not 11.1 to 1 compression
I love nissans and I pretty much have a sick looking good handling 240 now lol
I can put a new trans in it for 200 bucks instead of 1200 and new block for 800 instead of 2500 if something happens
Tuning solutions are cheap.
It's sick as fuck.
It sounds cooler.
It has a torque (more then 6 lbs/ft like an f20c1)

Let's all be happy and go do burnouts.
I have no regrets
Old 09-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #44
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20d's2k View Post
Ok here is why I did it:
S2k power band sucks
Costs 7000+ to boost with out engine build
Selling my shit to pay for this cost me 3000 roughly maybe less
I love fabricating and building it's my hobby not a chore.
I have a car that is extremely rare.
It's factory designed for boost thus more reliable and not 11.1 to 1 compression
I love nissansand I pretty much have a sick looking good handling 240 now lol
I can put a new trans in it for 200 bucks instead of 1200 and new block for 800 instead of 2500 if something happens
Tuning solutions are cheap.
It's sick as fuck.
It sounds cooler.
It has a torque (more then 6 lbs/ft like an f20c1)

I have no regrets
I like the SR but I think the 240's look is ...semi dated. Problem solved. This is not a build that was meant to make sense from any point of view except the "I love to work on cars, I love the SR, I love my s2k" point of view. They talk of making sense because they don't have the money. I don't know if your loaded but it seems like you are and rich people will do stupid stuff with their money, so power to you. Good luck with that, OP.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #45
Dazzla
Zilvia Member

Dazzla is an unknown quantity at this point
Kudos for being different. Good luck with the rest of your build !!
Dazzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #46
Zach-sr
Leaky Injector

Zach-sr is an unknown quantity at this point
You could make it 9k rpm sr... Best of both worlds.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #47
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
This is not a build that was meant to make sense from any point of view except the "I love to work on cars, I love the SR, I love my s2k" point of view. They talk of making sense because they don't have the money..
Ah speak for yourself. Just do not assume, because we feel its not a worthwhile swap does not mean we do not have money.

Fact is I would not own a S2k to begin with. I do not like the look of the car without the hardtop. Second I do not like Honda's. The only Honda I would own would be a NSX.

I do not think the S2k is a successor to the 240 in the looks department either. It is barely same level at best. Plus its ten times more impratical. LOL

I would buy a 350z , 370z or a C6 or even a New Mustang! before I even thought of purchasing a S2k. LOL

Oh and just because someone has money to spend, does not give them an excuse to do things that do not make sense. People without money do things that do not make sense as well. LOL

Now this is a Nissan forum and to post something like what the OP did and not bother Nissan owners? Well that is just a fail right there.

This is what happens when Honda kids get involved with Nissan's. It gets ugly.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #48
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
love it! it doesnt have to make sense to me. im sure your enjoying not sounding like every other honda. props
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #49
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Quote:
Ok here is why I did it:
S2k power band sucks - not if you add a properly sized turbo and forced induction
Costs 7000+ to boost with out engine build - you wouldnt need to build the engine, the engine is one of the most stoutest engines ever built, good engine management, nice manifold and turbo, you could do it for 4-5 gs if you knew where to look.
Selling my shit to pay for this cost me 3000 roughly maybe less and....
I love fabricating and building it's my hobby not a chore. - thats a plus
I have a car that is extremely rare. somebody could mold dildos to a car, sure its rare, but it doesn't make sense
It's factory designed for boost thus more reliable and not 11.1 to 1 compression - thats where proper tuning, good engine management system, and everything comes together. Stock block S2000s that are properly done can do fantastic- a local friend of mine had a 700whp YouTube - 701hp S2000 From Hell-Part1
I love nissans and I pretty much have a sick looking good handling 240 now lol - 2 completely different chassis - motor doesnt make a car
I can put a new trans in it for 200 bucks instead of 1200 and new block for 800 instead of 2500 if something happens Reasonable arguement, though you shouldn't have to calculate grenading engines into cost if you didnt do it right the first time
Tuning solutions are cheap. - not a safe mental position to have, then again you'd expect to calculate your blowing of blocks within the cost
It's sick as fuck. invalid statement
It sounds cooler. this is also false
It has a torque (more then 6 lbs/ft like an f20c1) - does the f20c1 really have 6 ft lbs? Get off the exagerations and spit real facts, compare a similarly boosted s2000 and who laughs at torque numbers.

I have no regrets

I still think this is stupid
Old 09-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #50
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Cool swap but I hate honda's and will never ever own one.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #51
apexis13sx
Zilvia Member

apexis13sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats a perfect s2k great work, ive only seen one other s2k with an sr but that was in a issue of super street magazine!!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #52
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2F0-T View Post
I thought this model was the k22c?
I think you mean F22C.

There is no K22 (maybe K20 modded up to 2.2), just K20's and K24's.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #53
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Who gives a fuck. Telling him how terrible of an idea it is now isnt going to change anything this was a fun project he had the money to do. So he can have a fun car beat the shit out of it blow it up do whatever with. Not how much cooler the f20 is.
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #54
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
Who gives a fuck. Telling him how terrible of an idea it is now isnt going to change anything this was a fun project he had the money to do. So he can have a fun car beat the shit out of it blow it up do whatever with. Not how much cooler the f20 is.

You sound like his buddy defending him. LOL He posts here and we expressed our opinions. You don't like it? Leave! Last time I checked? It was perfectly all right, to tell someone their idea was fail, or you don't like it.

Who gives a fuck? . LOL Obviously you do give a fuck because you posted defending him. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #55
Kouki_monstr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Kouki_monstr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Its diffrent but i like it! Cant wait to see how it performs. Much props to you. throw some vids up when you can.

P.S. you dont have to explain yourself to these guys. Keep up the good work.

97 Kouki- Third times a charm Instagram@Koukimonstrr
Kouki_monstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #56
sr20d's2k
Zilvia Member

Im not worried i posted it on zilvia cause they would hate on anything and i wanted to hear what was out there. I could tear everyone apart verbally i know the s2000 in and out im a heavily active member on s2ki and have had mine for four years. I even have my vin memorized for christ sakes. If there arent haters youre doing something wrong. Im proud of the work i put in. End of story. I wish all you luck and keep lovin the hobby
Old 09-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #57
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
i bet the nicoclub guys are giving you hand jobs on lock
Old 09-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #58
sr20d's2k
Zilvia Member

I wouldn't know but thanks for the heads up I love hand jobs!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #59
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Im not worried i posted it on zilvia cause they would hate on anything and i wanted to hear what was out there. I could tear everyone apart verbally i know the s2000 in and out im a heavily active member on s2ki and have had mine for four years. I even have my vin memorized for christ sakes. If there arent haters youre doing something wrong. Im proud of the work i put in. End of story. I wish all you luck and keep lovin the hobby
Now the first part of this statement is pretty smug. First off there are a lot of things we do like here. Just some of us do not like your concept.

Saying you could tear apart everyone verbally really is asking for a fight. LOL

If you wanted to hear what everybody said? Then why respond with you could tear everyone apart verbally. That sounds more like you think you know it all and are looking for a fight.

After all you posted your car. It looks and sounds by your own statements that you were trolling. Especially with your comments about posting on Zilvia because you knew there would be haters.

That regardless of your build quality and workmanship is douchy maneuver.

To use the excuse of if there are not haters your doing something wrong is well a cop out.
Better to say I know I will not please everyone.

Now I complimented you earlier on your work but your attitude and your concept blow chunks. In my opinion.

Have a nice life and thanks(not ) for trolling Zilvia.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #60
JosiahP
Leaky Injector

JosiahP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JosiahP
i think this is a really cool project man!!
post vids up! wanna see this thing in action.
JosiahP is offline   Reply With Quote