Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-13-2008, 01:49 AM   #31
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
been running the OBX header on my SOHC for 3 years now. No problems(except like mentioned above about the firewall and the EGR doesnt line up perfect) and it sounds great
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #32
Dfigga
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dfigga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks alot guys for helpin me out, i should be getting them in next week, ill see if i could post a review with some pics.
Dfigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #33
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
only problem is the flange, you cant mate it up to a 3" testpipe else it will leak.
That happens with pretty much any header, no matter what brand. Mine stopped leaking after I switched to a paper gasket in the size of the header, which is 2.75" I believe, instead of the 3" graphite one that came with the test pipe.

Also, the EGR tube is not necessary, I just cut mine off behind the motor and plugged it. I plan to get the EGR block-off plate someday.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #34
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres the problem with the EGR bung, You cant use the nickle trick, because most of the times the nickle wont be flush with the concave of the bung.

Be carefull because the bung will flex very easily, I almost thought I was gonna snap it off while torqing the EGR fitting/nickle.

I then ordered the OEM nissan plug,

Now I have to fix one of the studs I snapped off flush with the head......so depressed
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #35
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Nissan sells O2 plugs? Where can I buy a couple, are they available at dealerships?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:59 PM   #36
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

14052-21r00

14052-21r00, at least I hope so! Havent gotten the plug yet, but heres a pic
Old 12-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #37
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybonds84 View Post
I'm about to gamble on ebay, Im going to buy the CAI too, i'll post up some reviews on those.
I gambled on the knock off of the injen intake and extension setup...the maf adapter didn't sit flush on the maf sensor and left a gap. I was pissed and sent back for refund. Also I think the paint on already started pealing before i got it on.

Just heads up. I have injen now, and have no regrets. Noticed diff in quality. Some things you can cheap out on and some you can't I guess.
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #38
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

^^My ebay intake didnt even fit, not even close, the pipe was angled towards the exhaust manifold.

However these ebay header's are fantastic, thin walled, but hopefully when I get a welder I will never have an issue.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #39
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
On another note...say if you don't wanna gamble on ebay header. what about just gutting the actual cat on s14, since the headers for em do away with the cat anyway right?

Whats the best way since its angled and part of downpipe. Any potential for check engine light though? Like I said s14 headers delete cat anyway?

Then again you got that open area once you got it out, might slow down exhaust flow? Don't know if it's worth it now.

hmmm....
Old 12-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #40
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13pignose View Post
On another note...say if you don't wanna gamble on ebay header. what about just gutting the actual cat on s14, since the headers for em do away with the cat anyway right?

Whats the best way since its angled and part of downpipe. Any potential for check engine light though? Like I said s14 headers delete cat anyway?

Then again you got that open area once you got it out, might slow down exhaust flow? Don't know if it's worth it now.

hmmm....
Dont do it! Have you gutted a cat before? Its nearly impossible to get all the ribs out of the canister, which will only cause turbulent flow. Get a downpipe if anything, but the KA's love the 4-2-1.

Honest reccomendation is get a lincoln welder at sears for 299.99, cut the collector off, and weld in a flex pipe with a 3" flange. Weld the EGR bung shut.

Close to the price of a DC header, but you also get a welder, and unlimited repairs on your header!!!!

The OE manifold Wont crack, but if you weld in a flex to the ebay header, that wont eather!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #41
8Nismo9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 8Nismo9
ever think of the DC or megan headers?plus im wondering which is better or if they are the same
8Nismo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #42
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Read there's some fitment issues with the megan as well, and thats a 4-1 header if I recall correct. Think I'm gonna skip gutting the cat. Though about running a 3" downpipe before from the manifold, but someone said there's no DP that will fit. Also that you can't bolt on say a catco cat on the end, cause the flange won't line up????
Old 03-05-2009, 01:12 AM   #43
DriftDamage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
DriftDamage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I need to replace my entire exhaust system and I have to look into the headers too. I dont wanna pay much either. Does anyone know if there is a real difference with the S13 and S14 headers? Is it just the cat included in the s14? Or whats the deal. I tried searching and couldnt come up with an answer.

I ask because the ebay headers for s14 are about $100 shipped. S13 headers almost $200 shipped. Kinda a price jump.
DriftDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:40 AM   #44
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy13 View Post
it is pretty easy to fuck up welds .
my thoughts on it anyways
White Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:31 AM   #45
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDamage View Post
I need to replace my entire exhaust system and I have to look into the headers too. I dont wanna pay much either. Does anyone know if there is a real difference with the S13 and S14 headers? Is it just the cat included in the s14? Or whats the deal. I tried searching and couldnt come up with an answer.

I ask because the ebay headers for s14 are about $100 shipped. S13 headers almost $200 shipped. Kinda a price jump.
An S13 header will have an EGR, AIV, and O2 sensor port. An S14 header will have an EGR and two O2 sensor ports. As far as being able to interchange (if you're deleting emissions while you're at it), I'm pretty sure they have the same physical dimensions.

Buuuut..... quit being a cheapskate. Just get a quality piece, you'll be much happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #46
DriftDamage
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 View Post
An S13 header will have an EGR, AIV, and O2 sensor port. An S14 header will have an EGR and two O2 sensor ports. As far as being able to interchange (if you're deleting emissions while you're at it), I'm pretty sure they have the same physical dimensions.

Buuuut..... quit being a cheapskate. Just get a quality piece, you'll be much happier.
See thats what im thinking... I already eliminated all of my emissions so thats not a problem.

I have to work within a budget and paying $300+ for a header is not something that will make me happier. My current exhaust set up is all jacked up and I want to replace everything so I can bolt on an exhaust. Everything is welded together atm and it sounds like horrible crap (worse than a civic!), and I cant change out exhausts.
I'll put pics up later this week as I take pics in the "Post your Muffs" thread. Plus I am thinking of buying the BC Spec II and I cant bolt up the way mine is right now....

I found this.... Its a two piece header. Top + Downpipe.... Im curious, can this downpipe be used for a Turbo/SR set up later?
lol... i think this might be going a lil too far for being cheap on this part haha

eBay Motors: Nissan 240SX 91-93 94 95 96 97 98 NT Header & Downpipe (item 110349269160 end time Mar-11-09 09:51:46 PDT)
Old 03-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #47
warumono
Leaky Injector

warumono is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive used an ebay one and an obx. I actually perfer the ebay one, fitment was better.
warumono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #48
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

hmmm...lol how much better..like egr and firewall?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #49
Dream240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Dream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I just recently ordered the ebay header for my S14. I'll post up a write up on it and a new CATCO CAT once I get the parts in.

I've owned Hotshot before, great power results, crappy fitment. I had to grind down the steering knuckle a bit to get it to clear the header on turns. And the CAT flange was warped, had to use an extra gasket to seal it.

I've also had this problem with some aftermarket CATs. Magnaflow and Random Technologies (WAY overpriced junk IMO).

The best setup so far I've found is, stock header(S13), CATCO 2.5" inlet/outlet CAT, and HKS NA catback exhaust. Good sound, good fitment, noticeable performance gains.

The trick is to try to stay with the same size inlet/outlet on each piece. Keeps the turbulence down, and flow up.

Also on the ebay intakes, I bought one once for my old 97', was able to custom fit it for my current 95'. Only thing that was dumb was the CAE piping. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FITTING THE CAR WITHOUT SOME SERIOUS CUTTING. I had to cut away my own hole to fit the piping in the car. Good news if I ever decide to go turbo. Half the intercooler piping work is done!!

I'll post up a review once I get the parts installed.
Dream240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #50
warumono
Leaky Injector

warumono is an unknown quantity at this point
obx, egr was fine, but it would hit the firewall. I ordered it a couple of months ago. but from what I hear that was a problem with the old obx headers.

ebay fitment was fine, but I didnt use the egr so I dont know.
warumono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #51
SILVIA_KIDs14.5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfigga View Post
what do you guys think about BBP 4-2-1 headers for ka24e? legit or nehhhh? anyone try em?
i have one for sale lol yeah i was good took it to the welding shop down the street and he said welds were good
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #52
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I had an ebay header on my S14 for a little bit. 4-2-1 style that replaced everything from the head to the dummy cat under the car.

Fitment was great, weld quality was great, sound was great, power difference was noticeable (probably mostly from getting rid of the cat). I recommend it.

KAs sound great with headers. Deep and LOUD.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #53
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramp_drift240 View Post
i had an OBX on my single cam and i thought it was pretty decent. like someone said, the O2 sensor hit the firewall, but i just dented the firewall in a bit to clear.

and mine turned gold and blue as well. which i like way more than just polished silvery lameness.

just dont ever buy pacesetter. ever.
whats wrong with pacesetters? my buddy just order them ???

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #54
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori_sil8t View Post
whats wrong with pacesetters? my buddy just order them ???
They're shitty as fuck. A friend's S13 came with a pacesettter header. Horrible bastard. Bad fitment, crappy design.

I got a DC 4-2-1 used locally for $125. A header is a header as long as it's not all fucked up. I buy tons of parts like that used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:12 AM   #55
gotspins13
Zilvia Addict

gotspins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gotspins13
well you get what you pay for and that will be ebay stuff
gotspins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #56
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Hmm might do the ebay deal...btw any of you s14 guys get a check engine light since you no longer had a cat (unless u bought one) after putting on the header?
Old 03-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #57
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
I had one of my coupe. Fit like a glove.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #58
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

jserman is an unknown quantity at this point
I ordered mine last week should have it soon... prob do a custom exhaust with a flex pipe so no breaky...
jserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #59
DriftDamage
Leaky Injector

Just an update. S13 & S14 Headers turned out to have same dimensions. So if anyone with an S13 was looking at the price difference on Ebay... just get the S14 ones and save $100.
I just had the EGR hole cut off and welded since I deleted that a while back, and plugged the second o2 sensor with my old one.

I replaced everything I had with the S14 XTune/Ebay 4-2-1 Header, straight test pipe, & Buddy Club Spec 2. Awesome ground clearance. All fits nicely tucked. Headers turned gold and look pretty sick!
BC2 is ridiculously loud lol
Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #60
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

jserman is an unknown quantity at this point
i got mine... haven't put it on yet welds look okay.. plan on doing a flex pip on custom exhaust so it doesn't crack...

this is the BBP one... like 90 bucks shipped on EBAY

should have some pics of it on the motor next week.....
jserman is offline   Reply With Quote