Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #31
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here in DC, I'd ask at least $9k for it.

I'd TAKE $8k, probably.

I sold my Silver Moss '98, bone stock, in 2006 and I got $10,250 for it. I guess prices have come down some mostly because there are so many other things you can get for $10k now, like AP1's, IS300's, etc.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #32
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganRunner View Post
Here in DC, I'd ask at least $9k for it.

I'd TAKE $8k, probably.

I sold my Silver Moss '98, bone stock, in 2006 and I got $10,250 for it. I guess prices have come down some mostly because there are so many other things you can get for $10k now, like AP1's, IS300's, etc.
That was a LONG time ago, the economy has tanked since then, and the drift tax has lifted on the east coast. No way this car is worth 9k, or even 8k on the east coast, is that saying someone with money wouldn't pay that for it? No, but you would have to hold on to it long enough to find the dumb......er right buyer.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I searched for 6 months for a black stock kouki with under 80k miles.

Settled for a silver moss w/ 52k and am kicking myself for it.

That car will pull 8k no problem
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #34
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
Settled for a silver moss w/ 52k and am kicking myself for it.
Hmm.

Want to un-settle? I miss mine, I'd kind of like to have another one.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #35
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
^^ I was thinking the same thing, I searched for a nice silver moss SE sunroof car for over two years and never found one. Bought my black LE because I settled. If you ever want to sell that silver moss, let me know
Old 03-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #36
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm halfway through an SR swap right now. If someone wanted to trade shells, Id be down if they were in similar condition. My silver moss has 95k now and the paint reflects that. It looks good, but is no showcar. I was planning to repaint it the same color (as much as I want to paint it black). Itd be a slap in the face to all you silver moss lovers if i painted it black lol.

Something about a slammed black kouki on equips makes me nut my pants. Cant help it. Silver moss just doesnt do it for me. lol
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #37
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I say 7-8k on a good day. These cars have gone up in prices dramatically. I bought mines in 03' for $4900 and it's still here. Stock 5spd, SE with sunroof and 5 lug.

Silvermoss does it for me!

dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #38
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (37)
andy107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
I agree. 6-8k easy. But please don't sell it to a 16yr old drifto fan-boy wanna be. I would hate to see another rare 240 wrecked.

The white s14 is an 98 SE auto I found locally for a little over $1500. It has slight body damage all around but for a mint example like yours is surely a collectors item with a fine price.

[IMG]Delete*[/IMG]

Last edited by andy107; 09-21-2013 at 09:27 AM..
andy107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:40 AM   #39
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I always wonder when I see pre 2k cars with under 100k miles on them. Had to have had "weekend cruiser" status or sat in storage for years. I put 5k on my bike yearly and I only get 4-5 months a year to ride, weather permitting.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #40
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ive never understood the value people see in the s14

being that ive owned the s13 since the 90s, when the s14 came out i test drove it and found little to desire over the s13.

i like the 97-98 j-spec silvia in terms of styling. i think the US cars need work, regardless if theyre 95-96 or 97-98... and obd-II sucks even more about 97-98 us cars.

in the end, i never could justify the costs of the s14. the non-springy "clamp style" steering adjustment was the immediate notice, to me, that this is a cheaper car.

i guess the 5-lug option is a plus, but it ends there.

even at 6k, thats a lot of money to spend on a crappy car. what i mean is, in comparison, i picked up a silver sc300, black interior w/ ~80k on the odo and a lill over 6k. different car, apples with oranges, but 46k sticker vs what... 25k sticker? toyota vs nissan build quality. weight aside, its a reasonable comparison.. except one car is much more expensive to tune.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #41
xclusive

Trader Rating: (0)
xclusive is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any updates on this?

BTW PM SENT.
xclusive is offline   Reply With Quote