Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 02:33 AM   #31
camppain
Will never get banned...

Trader Rating: (0)
camppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to camppain Send a message via MSN to camppain Send a message via Yahoo to camppain
this is why i just search for ot stuff now and dont even bother to check the tech forums cause I hate answering the same question 547 times. though a forum is for discussion and not just for search alot of topics can be avoided.

I no longer have my coupe only reason I still come on here is for the people I know from the begining. Other than that I have no reason (besides to whore, which I havent done)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2003, 03:24 AM   #32
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
d00d no matter how hard the wannabes try, their cars will never look as fuxored up as mine. You can try to emulate me and try hard, but you'll never be as l337 as me and my piece of **** 240sx!! w007 w007! I'm hard core man! living up the 240sx style since late March 2002! (or thereabouts) iRock. No 240 on the road will ever look as good (bad) as mine!

I haven't taken a ride with drfthvn yet... when will it be my turn?
Old 04-22-2003, 09:37 AM   #33
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
Quote:
Originally posted by ca18guy
The first big influx of newbies I remember was in March 2002. Seriously look around, alot of the high posters on the site are Mar2002, it was the first big wave of new people and most actually stuck around. Anyway it was the same then, alot of people with crap dribbling out of their mouth, and the regulars complaining. Right now the magazines really have the ignorant masses whipped up into a frenzy, eventually though they need to move onto a different car cause their narrow attention span won't let them day dream about 240's forever. Then whats left over will be the regulars much like what most of the remaining Mar2002's are. Atleast I can hope thats what will happen, do we really need another newbie bashing thread?
LMAO!!
yup im guilty..
i remembered those days when i joined zilvia.. i asked a bunch of stupid questions hahahhaa...
i remembered one of the post i made "if i swap an sr, should i take off the a/c?"
and now.. i still drive a 100% stock s13.. i think i had too much fun autoXing forgetting about all those mods i wanted to do..
but now im a lot more focused in organizing my plans..
first things first and the stock KA does the job for my driving purposes..
im more into learning how to drive faster rather than making my car fast

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Old 04-22-2003, 09:59 AM   #34
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
Yes, i have noticed the Super Street and SCC and IT ppl are taking other this board. I had my car before the big craze, i wanted it for 3 years, and i got it like 2 years ago.

Right when i bought my car no one knew what it was, they called it a probe, a talon and everything that came in HB and pop up lights. Now everyone comes up to me asking How my HP my SR is pushing, and then they laff at me cuz i dont have one, or they think im lieing... I explain to them that I like my KA24E very much, its quite reliable and i dont have the money for the engine swap, they eather laff or say, whats a ka. Its quite annoying, i remeber when drifter x's car was the only s15 hb conversion around, now everyone and their mother has a sil80-15.

It becomes ever harder and harded to do somthing diffrent, thats the main reason i bought my car, to be diffrent, and have a great car. Now everyone is jumping on, and i just feel like just another car owner. The only ppl in the import tunning world i can talk to now is the drifter, only the old ones, not the n00b ones, cuz they just try to power slide their sr's and think its drifting. I can talk to them about things other than when im going to do my engine swap.

I understand where you folks are comming from.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:23 AM   #35
nrcooled
Nissanaholic!

nrcooled is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to nrcooled
I have owned my 240sx for 6 years. I decided to start modding and tried to figure out the best way to go about it. So just as I was about to purchace I/H/E from enjuku I started talking to the wife about the plans. A few months back I told her about the SR (which I learned alot about from HT site and others) then we decided to do the swap.

This all took place 2 1/2 yrs ago. Three or four months after that the infamous SCC article came out. After that anywhere I took my car people were asking "you got the SR?" First it was cool (thinking that they were fellow enthusiests) then it just got annoying (cause they were idiots that just read the article). The fact that I got my SR a while ago doesn't make me special nor does it make me different. I just wanted to raise the performance level of "my" 240. I got bored w/ the power.

As far as the n00bs go I am all about new fellow 240 lovers and I will help them whenever possible but the level of "I will mention the SR so they know I'm serious" is getting annoying. All you have to do is seek and ye shall find. All the info is out there they are just to lazy to find it
Old 04-22-2003, 11:35 AM   #36
Evil S14
Zilvia Addict

Evil S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Evil S14
wow theres only 3 people in this thread who have been around longer than me... why am i so old
Old 04-22-2003, 11:56 AM   #37
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by Evil S14
wow theres only 3 people in this thread who have been around longer than me... why am i so old
my old SN was dousan
but it got lost w/ the conversino and my lack to update. i had it sicne around feb 01, because i had my car in nov 2000
Old 04-22-2003, 12:48 PM   #38
Foxcolt
Zilvia FREAK!

Foxcolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Foxcolt
I like it when people(noobs) call my car a silvia...cause I'm too scared you guys'll yell at me if I start calling it that
Old 04-22-2003, 01:13 PM   #39
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Quote:
Originally posted by Foxcolt
I like it when people(noobs) call my car a silvia...cause I'm too scared you guys'll yell at me if I start calling it that
I also hate that! A 240sx hatchback with SR is more a 180sx than a freakin' Silvia. Silvia this and Silvia that... Seems it's on everybody's lips right now.

I got my car in October 2000! Way before that infamous article. I got the car because I loved how it looks, how it felt and the decent amount of power it had. I grew to adore RWD. This was my first true sporty car. I took care of her. I used to drive around and people would ask what kind of car it was. "2-40-what?? That has a small V6 right??" Now it all about Silvia engines and conversions, drifting and I want to get the same setup you got!

Oh well, we have to live with it.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
Old 04-22-2003, 01:46 PM   #40
Evil S14
Zilvia Addict

Evil S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Evil S14
"You got a silvia swap... why dont you put sivlia headlights on it?... im putting an sr20 in my civic"

yes i hear all of these from time to time

ooh ooh and the one this weekend
the guy who ran 13s in his s14, stock engine, auto, BUUUT he took the interior out so it made him that much faster
Old 04-22-2003, 02:06 PM   #41
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's hard to gauge how long people have been active in the 240SX community by their sign-on date here... I'd already owned my car for 3 or 4 months before signing on here. That doesn't count the years before that I'd been "in the know" - but that's just the kind of person I am. I like cars, I have a long list of cars I need to own. So many conflicting interests!

What's funny is that even with the constant noob BS (on both sides) the 240SX still has some of the best internet community surrounding it.

I used to really like the VW community... extremely friendly people... but it's nearly impossible to find anyone interested in the later model Golfs (MkIII and MkIV) for anything other than *bling* or drag racing. Nothing against *bling* or drag racing, but neither are really my bag. Tho the vwvortex still owns, mostly for The Car Lounge because it's totally random and non-make-affiliated.

I used to like the Neon community, then "camp wars" tore it apart. Basically, people lined up in support of one or the other of the two major dealers/manufacturers of Neon parts and it's been a stupid, petty fight ever since. If I ever own a Neon again, I'll probably never visit Neons.org except to look up tech.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #42
Foxcolt
Zilvia FREAK!

Foxcolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Foxcolt
Here's an idea:

I've noticed a few people including myself doing this to questions that have been talked about before.

I just link google and put a click here msg on it. Done that's it. Usually a mod comes along and locks the thread. Done!

Now what if someone programed a button that would automaticly to that and send an alert via email or PM to a mod so they could lock it. Seems simple enough and in a sense we could moderate the info ourselves.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:29 PM   #43
Zenki_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Zenki_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
it doesn't matter how long you've had your car or how much you know about cars. just don't be an asshole. you were once a newbie yourself. respect others and we're cool.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:36 PM   #44
logo20
Zilvia Junkie

logo20 is an unknown quantity at this point
it can only get worst, just wait until june to see this

go to http://chris.d2g.com/gallery/album07 if you wanna see the pic, it a 240sx.

Last edited by logo20; 04-22-2003 at 05:50 PM..
Old 04-22-2003, 05:37 PM   #45
Jim96SC2
Zilvia Junkie

Jim96SC2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jim96SC2
I remember telling someone in ~1999-2000ish to get a 240sx and swap in a SR20DET. Of course the kid didn't listen to me. He got this rusted chassis corvette that he sold cause he was having way to many problems with it.

I got my Chevelle a few years ago. It sat for about a year while I tried to save money, but that wasn't happening. So I just sold it to a buddy of mine and looked for something that I could go around turns with. I knew a bit about the 240sx, brushed up on some stuff and here I am. Unlike many big talkers who say things about the SR I actually have one and the questions I ask pertain to problems I'm having with the swap.
Swap DONE: 40K Redtop, Greddy Turbo extension, Greddy DP, Greddy V-SPL FMIC, Greddy Hotpipe, HKS SSQV, Koyo Radiator, Toda Ultralight FW, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, ATS 2-way Diff., Rice-Boy Red Air Filter.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:12 PM   #46
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Pretty soon I can see this forum getting hit with multiple questions on how to do a RB swap.

How did you become a MOD mrmephistopheles?

Honestly......I have no idea how my post count got so high.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:53 PM   #47
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Quote:
Originally posted by GT specR
Honestly......I have no idea how my post count got so high.
I do.

The official Post-Whoring Thread.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:55 PM   #48
hookedup240
Zilvia FREAK!

hookedup240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hookedup240
for some reason i don't know why but i didn't post once in that thread...o well i'll just have to make up for it now.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:29 PM   #49
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i dont think it's so much that they're interested in the car, it's the way they go about it and why the car interests them.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 04-22-2003, 09:04 PM   #50
hookedup240
Zilvia FREAK!

hookedup240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hookedup240
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Some owners have sold their car attributing the fact to newbies.....
How do newbies/interest affect your personal enjoyment of your own car?
Yes i don't understand that one either, you buy a car because you enjoy it for yourself. I would never sell my car because of someone else.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #51
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've never seen a car forum with so many members bitch and moan so much about newbies interested in the car.
Why is that?
Because they're not intersted in the car, they're interested in some warped notion of the car, some image.

Quote:
Nobody I know has sold their car because of newbies directly.

When the inmates start running the asylum and the entire scene around a car starts to look like "newbies"... that sucks. That hasn't happened with the 240SX yet and I'll fight to educate or otherwise drive away the ignorant people to keep it that way. I mentioned neons.org... I have a friend who has all but given up on his Neon drag car, because while he had fun racing it, the Neon community has become so ****ty over the past couple years that he can't stand being their (anti)hero anymore. Edit: his situation is special because he can't avoid the idiots... the idiots come to him. For most of us we can just quit a forum and move onto the next if we don't like the way one forum is run.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:25 PM   #52
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

Quote:
Some owners have sold their car attributing the fact to newbies.....
They don't affect my enjoyment of my car if they don't come to me (on the street) and ask me "dumb" questions. I love my car and I enjoy myself or with friends, not with anyone that think they have a right to know how everything is done while not knowing how to change sparkplugs on their old rusted Civic.

I accept newbies. I don't mind them, but they should at least have common sense to search a bit before posting all kinds of questions that are covered every second day because they read it in some hype magazine.

Also, too much attention gets cop attention and I wouldn't like cops to detect 240sx because the new trend is SR20DETs in that car. Civic often get busted for loud exhausts in my area. 240sx's rarely turn a head in a Police car. I want to keep it that way.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:58 PM   #53
RearWheel
Leaky Injector

RearWheel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RearWheel
I'm basically a newb. I didn't purchase my 240 because it's the latest craze. I bought it because my crappy 87' Nissan pickup with 245k didn't help me get any chicks. I also bought it because I got a pretty good deal on it and really like the looks of it and it was something that not many of my friends had. The 240 was something new to learn about and fix up. No... I haven't even began to do anything to it. And, I'm not very sure that I want to do anything to it as far as modifcations anymore. It's a great Jap car. I might just rebuild the engine with stock parts. I don't care if some kid puts Altezzas on his car or fixes his car up because his parents has a crap load of money. And by the way, I purchased my car with my own money. All $2500 of it. Anyways, let these kids or us kids or whatever........ do what they want to do.

Because in the end....
MY CAR LOOKS BETTER THAN YOURS!!! AND I DON'T SPEND MY LIFE ON THIS BOARD!!! (no offense to those who do... actually nevermind)

Everyone chill out and smoke a cigarette or something!!

Oh yeah... Sorry... I was one of those that didn't do the searches.. I apologize.... I was just a lazy ass bastard!! LOL Again... I apologize. I am doing searches now if it keeps everyone else from crying!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 02:18 PM   #54
Potatoskins02
Zilvia Member

Potatoskins02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Potatoskins02
i didn't really read this thread... but to the defense of some... i think one of the reasons for an increase of members over the past year was the switching of 240sx.org to the NICO boards. Which is what happened to me... after they switched I went over here.

friend MSP owner... "I need to save my gas...... shit its beginning to boost!" *shifts*
Old 04-23-2003, 04:48 PM   #55
MorganS13
Zilvia Addict

MorganS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
everyone who registered after 2001 is a newbie to me... thats all i have to contribute to this thread
Old 04-23-2003, 06:13 PM   #56
coolerow2
Zilvia Member

coolerow2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to coolerow2
Theres no such thing as newbies, noobs, duhrifters, racers, etc.!!!

We're just all kids/guys/old farts who have a hobby. So let's all just calm down and go back to our lives before this board goes down the drain.

As for the 240sx women/girls/ladies, you rock!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:17 PM   #57
RearWheel
Leaky Injector

RearWheel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RearWheel
Quote:
As for the 240sx women/girls/ladies, you rock!
Hell Yeah!!! I like girls... I don't know about you guys.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:26 AM   #58
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
Quote:
Originally posted by RearWheel

Everyone chill out and smoke a cigarette or something!!

*light up a cigarette*

im more worried about my finals rather than thinking about newbies and such..
besides im pretty sure there are some newbies who have more knowledges than some of the senior members..
lets make this forum a community..
community = friends = family = ::thumbsup::
we all sare the same interest
although we may have some difference in a sence of style

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Old 04-24-2003, 10:14 AM   #59
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
i guess im a n00b. oh well.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:56 AM   #60
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Evil S14
Make that 4. You too, Morgan!

Quote:
Originally posted by Foxcolt
Now what if someone programed a button that would automaticly to that and send an alert via email or PM to a mod so they could lock it. Seems simple enough and in a sense we could moderate the info ourselves.
There is. See at the bottom of every post, there is an underlined link that says "Report this post to a moderator." I wish more people would use it.
It sends an email to every mod and admin, with a link to the offensive post. USE IT PEOPLE!

Quote:
Originally posted by logo20
...if you wanna see the pic, it a 240sx.
That's a Skyline, big guy. Yea.. it looks like the new F&F2 Skyline. Aww... we all mourn for the dearly departed sports car.

And GTSpecR... MrMephistopheles became a mod very shortly after I did. Maybe even the same day.
-Jeff