Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #31
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
oh its party time alright!!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #32
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Yeah i'm fitna get drunk.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #33
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
im having flashbacks of election night oh boy here we go again..
Old 01-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #34
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ask if I care... nope, sure don't...

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #35
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
the speech was good. heard it on the radio on my way to work. only time will tell how obama does, but I hope for everyone sake he can clean up the mess we're in. we'll need miracles.

I kinda wish they didn't hire that circus/wrestling announcer though. Guy was very annoying and inappropriate for the occasion.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
What? You mean there wasn't a teleprompter?
No, he decided to do the swearing in with no notes...
Old 01-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #37
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I saw a commercial where he plugs a site called "america volunteers" or some shit.
Basically sounds like get off you're ass and help this muthafucka out!
this one made me harhar

Old 01-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #38
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Funny how the public and especially the media tore up Bush, at his last inauguration, for running up a bill of $40 million dollars
(btw that was private donations).

Yet, this $150-170 million dollar day, is a "historic occasion" a day to celebrate. Aren't we in a recession?
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #39
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
Yet, this $150-170 million dollar day, is a "historic occasion" a day to celebrate. Aren't we in a recession?
Word......
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #40
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Haha he fumbled the swearing in part.

Damn fine speech though.

Obama day sucks! I start college today =(
Actually Roberts recited the oath wrong, hence why Obama paused, because he knew it was not right (look out for that in your local news...excluding FOX).

He speech was really good....quite lengthy...but still good. He hit a lot of points and had quite the underlying messages.

My biggest worry is Afghanistan. Right now I'm like "OMG...really? Do we need troops there?"

Quote:
Funny how the public and especially the media tore up Bush, at his last inauguration, for running up a bill of $40 million dollars

Please...this was donated money and a drop in the bucket to compared TARP. Consider it intense mental therapy for the public

Anyone else like the limo-suv-tank hybrid ?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #41
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
i hope all goes well. my biggest fear is our national security.

and i predict bush will get more credit for sticking to his guns (not a pun.) as time goes on.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #42
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I can see Bush getting credit for Iraq (in a good way).....yup...and I'm not being sarcastic...
Old 01-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #43
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
not even that specifically. he stuck to what he thought was the right thing, and even with all the lack of support, he carried on. very few people in todays world would go about that way.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #44
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
psh... he's just a dude.

i'm going to celebrate just because i want to celebrate.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #45
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
wheres my change damnit
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #46
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
Quote:

Can we say double-standard, boys and girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
i hope all goes well. my biggest fear is our national security.

and i predict bush will get more credit for sticking to his guns (not a pun.) as time goes on.
Yes, he will.

Thank you, President Bush.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #47
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
the speech was good. heard it on the radio on my way to work. only time will tell how obama does, but I hope for everyone sake he can clean up the mess we're in. we'll need miracles.

I kinda wish they didn't hire that circus/wrestling announcer though. Guy was very annoying and inappropriate for the occasion.
We don't need miracles, just a productive economy. Unfortunately Obama doesn't understand the difference between Employment and Productivity.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #48
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #49
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:

The $40 million cost of Bush's inauguration does not include the cost of security, the cost of which has not been released, and which is the most expensive factor. The $150-170 million cost of Obama's inauguration is with the security included, and you can only imagine what kind of security precautions were taken, with the nation and the world being in the state it is in, and on top of that with the president being "different" and all.

It is comical to me how closely this inauguration was monitored and covered by every media outlet there is, and how the media pretty much kept a journal of all of Obama's days leading up to his presidency, just because he's the first "different" president. Everyone's hovering over his shoulder waiting for him to slip up or catch him off guard, and scrutinize and pick apart his every word and move. I don't remember any previous president elect being watched this closely.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #50
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
^
I don't think people cared about Bush's security.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #51
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Im against the hype, Fuck Obama
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #52
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Sucks for him he's got alot to deal with coming into this, and that in and of itself may set him up for failure. Some people don't understand presidential decisions don't make changes overnight.

I did not vote for either candidate btw.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #53
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatchie View Post
wheres my change damnit
Sir you only gave me $10.

Longest parade EVAR! lol FAMU's band FTW.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #54
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
Im against the hype, Fuck Obama
damn, you are such a rebel, go you.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #55
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
Sucks for him he's got alot to deal with coming into this, and that in and of itself may set him up for failure. Some people don't understand presidential decisions don't make changes overnight.

I did not vote for either candidate btw.
Josh, you and I are good friends, so please know that I am AGREEING with you, especially in response to what you were responding to, even though I know who you voted for last time and the time before it...
People, there is NOTHING a president (or president-elect, as some of you fuckers have been suggesting to have the power of a goddamned DEITY since 11:15pm on November 4th) can do that will take immediate effect, PERIOD. Yes, the line was "change," and the difference in the color of his skin is the first and likely most obvious change. If he stays committed to progressive causes, then the "change" will continue.
Standing around baselessly bitching because the person you wanted to win did not will do NOTHING to help shit. I have said it before, I will say it again... The bed is made and now we will lay in it. Fact, here, is that people are NOT giving the man a fucking chance, which is clearly laughable in the face of the 8-year hostage situation that FINALLY drew to a fucking close at noon today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Longest parade EVAR! lol FAMU's band FTW.
FUUUUUUUUUCK FAMU... NC A&T State University, kiddo (yes, I know we weren't invited, but hey)

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #56
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, I don't like the school, just the band. lol. I used to be in band and know a few people that went to play for them.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #57
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Hey, I don't like the school, just the band. lol. I used to be in band and know a few people that went to play for them.
Then you should understand I was only messing with you, as an alum of A&T.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #58
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Josh, you and I are good friends, so please know that I am AGREEING with you, especially in response to what you were responding to, even though I know who you voted for last time and the time before it...
People, there is NOTHING a president (or president-elect, as some of you fuckers have been suggesting to have the power of a goddamned DEITY since 11:15pm on November 4th) can do that will take immediate effect, PERIOD. Yes, the line was "change," and the difference in the color of his skin is the first and likely most obvious change. If he stays committed to progressive causes, then the "change" will continue.
Standing around baselessly bitching because the person you wanted to win did not will do NOTHING to help shit. I have said it before, I will say it again... The bed is made and now we will lay in it. Fact, here, is that people are NOT giving the man a fucking chance, which is clearly laughable in the face of the 8-year hostage situation that FINALLY drew to a fucking close at noon today.
You're right, the feds are printing the money right now but the inflation won't hit overnight. It'll take 3 years or so.

Why should anyone with a brain (or just a decent understanding of non-Keynesian economics) follow the plan he has revealed to save the economy when it has been tried before and each time it failed spectacularly?

A very smart man once said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting difference results.

This was the same mindset that got us into the "hostage situation" for the last 8 years. After 9/11 everyone got behind Bush and we rushed off to War. No one dared offer opposing views. We need to get behind the President! We need to stand united!

The guy once said he was looking to FDR and study what he did during the Great Depression. Milton Friedman and his wife totally blew the mainstream historian view of the depression out of the water and demonstrated what had happened. That the GD was caused by liquidity issues and the central bank that was created for the specific purpose of covering banks in case of a bank runs didn't do exactly that and it caused bank failure.

Never mind the "deficits don't matter in the short run! run em up till the economy is fixed!"

And we're suppose to take him seriously.

Oh and just for the record, I do more then "bitch". I'm active in politics in my city.

YouTube - End The Fed - Houston Rally with Ron Paul Pt.1

I was there, in front of the ugliest fucking building in Houston. (The Houston branch of the Federal Reserve)
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #59
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Then you should understand I was only messing with you, as an alum of A&T.
I know I know
Old 01-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #60
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
damn, you are such a rebel, go you.
Yes I am, I could get arrested for that statement now.

Obama this, Osama that - everywhere I turn OBAMA BITCH! Fuck him and fuck all his worshipers. I have never seen people so weak. Do me a favor and interview 10 cops. One world One religion - my beef isnt with Obama, its with the US- Democratic congress and a bunch of fucked up american citizens. All the hood rats that are getting the wrong idea that they can stab, kill and shoot at white people because obama is back.
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote