Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #5821
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
your question actually wasnt as bad as some of the others but can still be easily answered with a google search.

What do you need an o2 adapter for?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #5822
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I was wondering if anybody knew of a company that made front bumpers for an S13 that is made out of polyurethane bc I live in NY and you can't avoid EVERY pothole.

Thanks
JDM SPUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #5823
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I believe chaser, shine, and extreme dimensions all have urethane versions of certain bumpers.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #5824
heavyd06
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
heavyd06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 crankcase vent ??? im lost

well im gona add a catchcan to my redtop sr and i was wondering where does the back of the T connect too i have read that it goes to the crankcase vent but where is that at im lost? i have seen pictures of catch can setups that jst plug the backside of the T fitting, but i also hear thats bad.. any help would be awsome thx guys or girls
heavyd06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #5825
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Sup guys, real quick question.

So I just installed my new coil overs yesterday. Ran fine. Decided to lower it quite a bit today. Drove around I would hear some grinding noise sometimes. I knew what it was and checked and yup! My wheel was slightly hitting my springs.

Now I'm wondering, this is only happening on the driver side. After trying to camber it out, it happened less frequently but still happened. So my question is, is this mainly because since new suspension/lower, my alignment is all messed up, thus my toe is probably all fucked? Making it so that my driver side touches the coils and the passenger side doesn't?

I'm aware some spacers would help that out. I have 10mm in the front now, 15mm in the back and may swap em around real quick but I figured my toe may be messed up and causing this. If so I am going to raise it and drive to the alignment shop and lower it there. Or figure something out.

Thanks
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #5826
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Any suspension work requires an alignment. If only the drivers side is rubbing obviously you need one
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #5827
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Any suspension work requires an alignment. If only the drivers side is rubbing obviously you need one
Yes I understand that but my question is do you guys think it's my toe that's fucked up? I'm going to try to adjust it myself today so I can make it to the alignment shop but that's what I was asking before Hand
Old 05-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #5828
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Are you adjusting camber at the knuckle or at the tophat?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #5829
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Are you adjusting camber at the knuckle or at the tophat?
I did it at the top hat yesterday, was looking into other ways to do it since when doing it by top hat it wasn't going to change much in my mind but would definitely help if done by the knuckle. I'll go look that up in a bit unless someone doesn't mind telling me how since I never have before.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #5830
s13brandon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s13brandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
finally got my 18s orderd and need help trying to figure out what size tire to run on them
i wanna run some what of a stretch and go 30mm widebody in the rear. im going to be running s13.4 so the front will have wider fenders then stock
the wheel size are 18x8.5+35 and 18x9.5+36
also wondering what is a good brand of tire to stretch

thanks
s13brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #5831
dillardkid121
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
dillardkid121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What's a good set of coilovers for an S13 for daily driving and some drifting on the side?
dillardkid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #5832
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13brandon View Post
finally got my 18s orderd and need help trying to figure out what size tire to run on them
i wanna run some what of a stretch and go 30mm widebody in the rear. im going to be running s13.4 so the front will have wider fenders then stock

thanks
Yokohama S-drives are pretty popular to stretch. You can easily find out TONS of information about stretching tires by googling "stretched tires" and by going to tyrestretch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillardkid121 View Post
What's a good set of coilovers for an S13 for daily driving and some drifting on the side?
I'd say get some Powered by Max coilovers. They're a site sponsor, so you can find a link on the home page. They're good, affordable coilovers with a sweet warranty. 8/6 kg spring rates are going to be best for a daily driver.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #5833
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Any tips/tricks you guys have on removing the driveshaft bolt that connects to the diff? I've PB blasted the shit out of it and it won't budge. It also still moves a bit when I try to turn the bolt, I've put the tranny in fifth gear and still I can't get the bolt to move and the little movement it does have it's just the shaft moving. Everything else is fine, I just can't get the four specific bolts to move at all.
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #5834
lg54
Zilvia Member

lg54 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys, can you talk to me about weight distribution of an rb25 into an s13, i know it has been covered a lot but im still a bit skeptical. how does it affect it for drifting and such..

thanks
lg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #5835
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So last night I noticed the smell of coolant when I pulled in the garage popped the hood and noticed my upper radiator hose had a hole through it.

Take that hose off the upper coolant neck and notice that not only is there a hole in the hose but one in the coolant neck as well.

WTF could have caused this. There appears to be another one forming as well on the coolant neck.

For reference Imagine there was a hole left of the clamp through the rubber and end of the coolant neck. About big enough for a 2 toothpicks to go through.

Last edited by Persona; 05-01-2011 at 06:03 PM..
Persona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #5836
KenTaoyan

KenTaoyan is an unknown quantity at this point
help with stock project

Does anybody know where to get replacement wire harness plug connectors?

I have an 89 240sx with most of the harness connectors either broken or brittle. One in particular would be the Temperature sensor that reports back to the ECU.

Any link or help would be appreciated.
KenTaoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #5837
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
So last night I noticed the smell of coolant when I pulled in the garage popped the hood and noticed my upper radiator hose had a hole through it.

Take that hose off the upper coolant neck and notice that not only is there a hole in the hose but one in the coolant neck as well.

WTF could have caused this. There appears to be another one forming as well on the coolant neck.

For reference Imagine there was a hole left of the clamp through the rubber and end of the coolant neck. About big enough for a 2 toothpicks to go through.
That's kinda odd lol. Are you running 50/50 antifreeze/water mix? You could even just use redline water wetter and water, it would be have less wear. This water neck must be a common part to fail, I replaced mine to. Maybe grab a thermostat while your at it

Genuine OEM Nissan Thermostat Housing 240SX 91-98 KA24DE

Quote:
I don't see any reason for overfenders with those wheel sizes?

Falkens, yokos, Dunlop, etc all stretch pretty nice. Cruise the fitment/stretch threads, and check out rimtuck/tyrestretch
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #5838
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What are really nice grippy tires for a good price? Soft compound and just really good track tires. Thanks
singlecamslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #5839
s13brandon
Zilvia Member

s13brandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks and I didn't want the s13.4 fenders to be wide in the front the back be all stock
s13brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #5840
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
I did it at the top hat yesterday, was looking into other ways to do it since when doing it by top hat it wasn't going to change much in my mind but would definitely help if done by the knuckle. I'll go look that up in a bit unless someone doesn't mind telling me how since I never have before.
Stock adjustment is to loosen the top bolt on the strut to knuckle mount and ajust.
loosen both bolts then pull out on the knuckle and hold tension outwards while tightening the bottom bolt. Then tighten the top bolt.

This will pull the wheel away from the strut body.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #5841
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
i wanna run some what of a stretch and go 30mm widebody in the rear wheel size are 18x8.5+35 and 18x9.5+36
18x9.5 +35 sits pretty flush on stock fenders with some camber... i run 265 and it is square with the wheel, if you run 245 and less camber you will be stretched and poking for sure...and if you want to run 30mm overfenders you will need at least a 25mm spacer

most passenger car tires can be streched....but summer tire with a stiff sidewall is best IMO, regardless of brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
What are really nice grippy tires for a good price? Soft compound and just really good track tires. Thanks
Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec...hands down, cant be beat.

just one of many credible reviews...search on timeattackforums.com aswell
Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

although they didnt test the hankook ventus RS3 which is in the same category as Z1's in terms of price and performance
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #5842
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
upper intake manifold... if the only way to remove this by dropping the bottom or removing the head?
Also, oil on spark plugs - what can be the problem? I can't figure it out, replaced gaskets already but it seems like its still in plug well 2/3

I'm fine with doing the latter, but just wanna check

gotta replace a head gasket.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #5843
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

^ on what engine? I can remove my intake mani without removing the head. Takes a little work but doable.

Which gaskets did you replace? How about from the valve cover? I just helped my buddy do his supra, his spark plugs were swimming in oil. He was leaking from the valve cover.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #5844
vboy720
Zilvia Member

vboy720 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to vboy720
I have a fmic that does NOT have a nipple for the wastegate, before the intercooler like most i have seen. Should i plug the wastegate up to the nipple that is on the coldpipe (the only nipple on the entire fmic kit), OR plug it up to the intake manifold?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #5845
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
So i took off my 10mm spacer now that i have better fitting rims, I bought some lug nuts from autozone (yea those cheap wannabe tuner lug nuts) my question is because they are extended lug studs what kind of lug nuts do i need to buy? I would like one with locks.
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #5846
bluuuurr
Leaky Injector

bluuuurr is an unknown quantity at this point
Are all coilovers rebuildable? I'm thinking about picking up a used set off E-bay.. they aren't blown yet, but they are pretty old. If so, where do you take them?
bluuuurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #5847
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know Auto Parts Stores/Chains that carry this damn Thermostat housing for a KA24DE.

So far autozone and advanced are both telling me that they dont carry it along with napa.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #5848
bluuuurr
Leaky Injector

bluuuurr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
Anyone know Auto Parts Stores/Chains that carry this damn Thermostat housing for a KA24DE.

So far autozone and advanced are both telling me that they dont carry it along with napa.
Genuine OEM Nissan Thermostat Housing 240SX 91-98 KA24DE
bluuuurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #5849
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the contact points for the distributor are located in the cap right? If mines are corroded, I only need a cap and not the whole thing?
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #5850
KrazyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (28)
KrazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Yes, you only need the cap. Also, while you're in there go ahead and replace the rotor as well. It's cheap and corrodes/fails over time.
KrazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote