Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #5701
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Can someone tell me what part of this T-valve is? I would have searched it but I don't have a name for this. Also, the SR guide I'm using (Heavy Throttle) doesn't really address what this is or what connects to it? Some input please and thank you

Last edited by jontron5000; 05-23-2011 at 08:02 PM..
jontron5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 06:38 AM   #5702
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Looked it up on wiki but didn't research it too hard, I really just don't care that much. You knew what I was talking about and its just refering to a couple of pieces of fiberglass. Changed it to 'kouki' to clarify, though.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #5703
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontron5000 View Post
Can someone tell me what part of this T-valve is? I would have searched it but I don't have a name for this. Also, the SR guide I'm using (Heavy Throttle) doesn't really address what this is or what connects to it? Some input please and thank you
that part runs to the turbo's intake pipe with the filter and maf, theres a hole in the stock piping for it.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #5704
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
that part runs to the turbo's intake pipe with the filter and maf, theres a hole in the stock piping for it.
thank you sir!

I am running an ISIS Air Intake kit, I'm assuming there should be some sort of nipple for the hose to connect to on this?
http://www.cimotorsports.net/isis-ai...20det-s13.html

Last edited by jontron5000; 04-22-2011 at 01:50 PM..
jontron5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #5705
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
When did you put the rotors on?
four or five days after i put on brake pads. they were squeaking before and after i put on the rotors.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #5706
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Any good wheel locks out there??
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #5707
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Where can I buy r33 front brake rotors?

Vivid has Rotora oe replacements, overpriced IMO

DBA makes them but they are call to order, I need something readily available

Anybody know of any places? Or any Nissan dealerships that can get them
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #5708
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
to those who have owned a yashio factory water temp gauge

what does the number "2." mean?

it flashes sometimes, it'll show 2. then it'll show me the O2 sensor code, then back to temp. I still cant figure out what it means, did tons of searching online
Old 04-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #5709
mightymike130
Leaky Injector

mightymike130 is on a distinguished road
Im about to install some new Energy Power Steering rack bushings, But the Drivers side bushing is a solid piece. Im pretty sure im supposed to cut it? But i want to make sure before i start hacking away.
mightymike130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #5710
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hey... i have a question

why is it that fucking idiots on zilvia nowadays, are making individual threads for:

"what color should i paint my car, POLL"
"what rims should i install, POLL"
"how much should i sell my car for, POLL"
"i'm going to sell these bullshit brackets, but i'm not a vendor yet... interested? POLL"

like seriously... do people print these threads out and keep them in their car? that way when someone asks "dude you painted your car PINK, how fucking LAME"
the guy busts out the thread which he printed out and says
"sorry, but i made a thread and took down the poll figures, everyone agrees that pink is RAD"

what happened to the good threads on this forum? i want to take a fat shit and eat it for breakfast. you guys are really making me want to fucking PUKE.

i think i will make a thread that says "how many people here think i should eat my own shit.... POLL"

lets all vote that tomorrow, i eat shit. that would be awesome. more entertaining than most of the threads on here, that i can guarantee you.

FUCK
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #5711
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Generally, what size are OEM spark plug wires (not the length of the wire but the diameter for the wire)? --I'm looking to replace my distributor cap and rotor as well as my spark plug wires. I was looking at PDM's site and they offer a 7mm and a 8.5mm wires, would 7mm be the same size as OEM?

And if OEM was 7mm, would going up to 8.5mm harm my engine?

EDIT: under a lot of dirt and grime, I found the 7mm on the wires. So my question is will upgrading to 8.5mm wires do any negative damage? Or is it good for a bit but will cause more harm in the long run?

Last edited by zooopreme; 04-23-2011 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: found the OEM measurement
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #5712
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Kevin_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
hey... i have a question

why is it that fucking idiots on zilvia nowadays, are making individual threads for:

"i'm going to sell these bullshit brackets, but i'm not a vendor yet... interested? POLL"

like seriously... do people print these threads out and keep them in their car? that way when someone asks "dude you painted your car PINK, how fucking LAME"
"sorry, but i made a thread and took down the poll figures, everyone agrees that pink is RAD"

what happened to the good threads on this forum? i want to take a fat shit and eat it for breakfast. you guys are really making me want to fucking PUKE.

i think i will make a thread that says "how many people here think i should eat my own shit.... POLL"

lets all vote that tomorrow, i eat shit. that would be awesome. more entertaining than most of the threads on here, that i can guarantee you.

FUCK
everyone agrees that eating your own shit is RAD.
Kevin_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #5713
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
hey... i have a question

FUCK
With you bitching all the damn time doesnt make it any better. If you dont like the forum, you dont have to come to it. Just Saying.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #5714
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontron5000 View Post
thank you sir!

I am running an ISIS Air Intake kit, I'm assuming there should be some sort of nipple for the hose to connect to on this?
ISIS Air Intake Kit for Nissan SR20DET S13
yeah there should be a nipple on there. if i remember ill take a pic of mine so you can see how its routed.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #5715
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
I bought a 5 lug conversion, along with q45 front brakes, and z32 rears, a long time ago. They are project mu rotors all around. My question is, project mu doesn't make rotors for the q45. My question is, what rotor can be run with q45 calipers that project mu makes? I know that it can't be z32 rotors. I have included some pictures just for reference. I was also told by the seller, that my front hubs are 5 lug Nismo hubs. When I did a search, I came up with nothing. Did Nismo ever make a 5 lug hub conversion?

speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #5716
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I love that both the people that responded mikes rant, joined in the past year. You fucks should be begging mike to let you eat HIS shit. You have no clue who your talking to and he has a valid point. Just because he likes to be an asshole to prove his points doesnt make them any less valid. You guys dont even know who your talking to yet you choose to continue the trends that people like mike and all the rest of us that were here before, lets say 05 just to make it a nice round number.

The "scene" as it were is going to shit. And some of us are pretty upset about it. maybe you kids should recognize that and try to do something about it instead of compaining that you get your feelings hurt on the nternet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
I bought a 5 lug conversion, along with q45 front brakes, and z32 rears, a long time ago. They are project mu rotors all around. My question is, project mu doesn't make rotors for the q45. My question is, what rotor can be run with q45 calipers that project mu makes? I know that it can't be z32 rotors. I have included some pictures just for reference. I was also told by the seller, that my front hubs are 5 lug Nismo hubs. When I did a search, I came up with nothing. Did Nismo ever make a 5 lug hub conversion?
I dont know the answer to your project mu/q45 question, but if you PM member UNISA_JECS he will probably be able to tell you. I do know there alot of other companies that make performance rotors for the Q45.

As far as nismo hubs are concerned. I dont think nismo made a complete hub assembly but they did make extended studs and it looks like your studs are longer in front. The dealer may have been talking about just the studs specifically.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #5717
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I love that both the people that responded mikes rant, joined in the past year. You fucks should be begging mike to let you eat HIS shit. You have no clue who your talking to and he has a valid point. Just because he likes to be an asshole to prove his points doesnt make them any less valid. You guys dont even know who your talking to yet you choose to continue the trends that people like mike and all the rest of us that were here before, lets say 05 just to make it a nice round number.

The "scene" as it were is going to shit. And some of us are pretty upset about it. maybe you kids should recognize that and try to do something about it instead of compaining that you get your feelings hurt on the nternet.

I dont know the answer to your project mu/q45 question, but if you PM member UNISA_JECS he will probably be able to tell you. I do know there alot of other companies that make performance rotors for the Q45.

As far as nismo hubs are concerned. I dont think nismo made a complete hub assembly but they did make extended studs and it looks like your studs are longer in front. The dealer may have been talking about just the studs specifically.
Although I don't personally know the guy that made the rant, I completely agree with you. All these kids coming into the scene these days are spoon fed little bitches. Then they cry when they come on zilvia, and get their shit pushed in for asking stupid questions. Seriously, wtf happened to building a car, how YOU want?! Building a car to me, is self expression. Coming on a forum to ask what color to paint your car, or what rims to run is fucking lame. If you can't decide what to run on your own fucking car, then the import scene is obviously not a field in which you should venture into.

Thanks I'll pm him later when I get home.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #5718
PREPMO_EAN

PREPMO_EAN is an unknown quantity at this point
stock ka24e 1990 s13,guy before me had it sitting awhile from the looks of it,obviously used alot of stop leak in the radiator,been flushing and flushing,used dish washer liquid also and still gunked up..my problem is it keeps over heating cuz all the gunk.anyone have any idea of how to clear it up.ive already replaced 2 radiators and hoses,water pump cuz there was nothing left of the blades,and thermostat thinking it may have stuck closed...pm me with any ideas or solutions cuz this is my daily driver
PREPMO_EAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #5719
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
hey... i have a question

FUCK
LOL. you mad brah.... yeah you do have a point.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #5720
GWB654
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
GWB654 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
anyone know what the stock sr20det VSS PPM is?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #5721
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Dont really care what mike is, what he has done. Just because he's been in the game for a long time does not make him better. Yeah, theres noobs asking stupid question. Can we stop it? no. Live with it.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #5722
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
People like you make me want to slap children.

Thats the exact attitude we are tired of. You want to come in here and ask questions because WE KNOW THE ANSWERS. Show some respect you fucktard.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #5723
mightymike130
Leaky Injector

Anyone know about the power steering bushings? the Drivers Side is solid. Am i supposed to cut it and install it? I'm pretty sure i am, but some confirmation would be great.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #5724
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike130 View Post
Anyone know about the power steering bushings? the Drivers Side is solid. Am i supposed to cut it and install it? I'm pretty sure i am, but some confirmation would be great.
Whatwhatwhat

These are power steering bushings you are talking about?

http://www.frsport.com/Energy-Suspen...CK_p_8084.html

Exactly what would you be cutting
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #5725
mightymike130
Leaky Injector

the drivers side is a solid piece. those are the ones. but the nismo version is sliced so you can just slip it over.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:17 AM   #5726
mightymike130
Leaky Injector

The Drivers side is solid. but the Nismo version is sliced like this.. Nismo 54444-RS520 Steering Rack Bushing S13 S14 Right Side
Old 04-24-2011, 06:38 AM   #5727
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
s14 OEM tire brand for s14?

anyone know for a fact which brand tire and model of tire was used on s14?

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Brentbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #5728
lg54
Zilvia Member

lg54 is an unknown quantity at this point
what dump pipe will fit my rb20 on my 240sx? without hitting my steering column

will this one fit?

Nissan RB20DET Screamer Turbo Dump Pipe Turbo Outlet | eBay
lg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #5729
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Is it possible to mount a camera on a weather vane? If it is, is it possible the miniaturize this setup and put it on a car so when you go drifting it always looks the correct direction?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #5730
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:

I'll tell you this much the Q45 90-96 front rotors are 11" diameter x 28mm thick, so you can go with that knowledge and see if project mu sells the rotors you are looking for.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote