Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #541
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
CODYACE I am almost convinced on getting the JWT cams
so basically the S3 are better if i dont want to upgrade springs and c1's will need to upgrade the springs correct? I checked the price on the website its jsut about $550 bucks is that for the set or each cam?
thats what is keeping me from buying them so far..

now question on the tomei poncam's any good? if they are what woudl you reccomend from them?

of course i am running
S14 SR
JWT ecu
2871r
855cc inj
etc.....
thanks ahead, i am getting ready to buy this week!

Last edited by GabeS14; 10-06-2008 at 02:36 AM..
GabeS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #542
sbanzer123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
sbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
740s should be pleanty
sbanzer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #543
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Man, I wish those guys would post up! Thats the whole reason I made this thread.

Do you have anymore info? What boost levels are they hitting at?
I don't recall. I know I've seen them, but all at big boost.

In all actuality though, I would much rather see guys wanting that power, go with 30r based setups. Less PSI needed, equal spool up, and generally easier on the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyS14DET View Post
What T-stat are you running ??
Heat soak is a Bitch !!!
It most certainly is. Water Injection (Which I still need to get fixed) will help solve that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe╚╗14 View Post
CODYACE I am almost convinced on getting the JWT cams
so basically the S3 are better if i dont want to upgrade springs and c1's will need to upgrade the springs correct? I checked the price on the website its jsut about $550 bucks is that for the set or each cam?
thats what is keeping me from buying them so far..
That is for both. You should be sure to check SR20 Forum as well, as guys are always selling used ones online. FWD cams will work with RWD, as long as the FWD isn't from a Roller Rocker engine. (The newer, 99/00 and up engines)

S3's will rock rock.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #544
Halu
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (0)
Halu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey guys if i am making a 400hp at wheel what is the best turbo, cam and injector to get? 400hp at wheel = how much hp at engine? i sux at turbo..

my mod done so far
Tomei Headgasket
Tomei Rocketarms
Tomei Valvespring
(this 3 item done is becoz of my headgasket was going to spoil so i change 1st haha)
Apexi PowerFC w Commander
Apexi AVCR
Custom Manifold
Custom Downpipe
Custom Cat
Fuji RM01 exhaust

if i am gg for ard 370 - 400hp at wheels (maybe pushing it higher later part)
Turbo (which one shld i get?) if i am gg for Garrett (GT2871 .64 / GT2871.86 / GT3037/71?)
will it lag?
Injector (which one shld i get?)if i am gg for Tomei
Cams (which one shld i get?) if i am gg for Tomei
and what else do i nid?
Halu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #545
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post

It most certainly is. Water Injection (Which I still need to get fixed) will help solve that issue.
So cody, water injection helps a lot with heat soaking ? Also why not run race instead of water injection ? Can you explain the major differences ?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #546
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^^^ I think he means water spraying on the intercooler. Water/Methanol Injection is more commonly known to increase octane which it does... but its hard to tune for it unless you have like a 1 gallon tank in your trunk lol, in case you are boosting and spraying...

I have a done a lot of research about the snow perf and other out there. It can spray based on triggers such as RPM, gearing, etc etc, but I just don't like it how you have to know if it is out (granted some have lights or warning meters), but still I just don't want one more thing I need to check where JUST in case I run out my motor blows.....
Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #547
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halu View Post
hey guys if i am making a 400hp at wheel what is the best turbo, cam and injector to get? 400hp at wheel = how much hp at engine? i sux at turbo..
Every question you have asked, is answered in this thread and on the forum. I hate to sound like 'one of those guys', but simpyl reading this thread from start to end will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15specR View Post
So cody, water injection helps a lot with heat soaking ? Also why not run race instead of water injection ? Can you explain the major differences ?
Race Gas = To much money.

With Water Injection, you can run it all of the time, and really gain the advantages of a cooler combustion, without sacrificing anything. While some guys tune for more boost with it, I like it's safety advantages at the pump level. I love race gas, but do not think it should be part of a street based car.

With the water injection (I use bug juice) it's super cheap, can be found everywhere too.

On the Sentra, we used the actual windshield washer fluid reservoir...on an entire HPDE day, it will only use about half of it. It sprays above 3500/4k only, and you use the jets for the appropriate jet size. You can really notice the difference in response as well at the end of a long session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
^^^ I think he means water spraying on the intercooler. Water/Methanol Injection is more commonly known to increase octane which it does... but its hard to tune for it unless you have like a 1 gallon tank in your trunk lol, in case you are boosting and spraying...

I have a done a lot of research about the snow perf and other out there. It can spray based on triggers such as RPM, gearing, etc etc, but I just don't like it how you have to know if it is out (granted some have lights or warning meters), but still I just don't want one more thing I need to check where JUST in case I run out my motor blows.....

It's easy to tune, and can be activated by WOT, RPM, or anything. Even a simple hobbs switch can work. Mine is controled by the JWT ECU.

As far as when you know you're out....some come with warning lamps. I've seen some guys wire up a switch into the tank and then ativate a bulb in the dash. I bet ultimatly, you could order an OEM winter kit, that comes with the low fluid kit, and use that to trigger as well....tons of stuff. I stimply just check the tank.

No offense, but if you're not constantly looking over/checking the car out, then a high power turbo car isn't something you should have. If you check the oil, you can easily check the tank.

The main thing, IMO ONLY, is that you should use meth as a safety feature. I don't trust using it 'increase' boost.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 10-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #548
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
good info....want to sell me yours ?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #549
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15specR View Post
good info....want to sell me yours ?
Nope, I need to quit being lazy and get a new pump.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #550
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
I That is for both. You should be sure to check SR20 Forum as well, as guys are always selling used ones online. FWD cams will work with RWD, as long as the FWD isn't from a Roller Rocker engine. (The newer, 99/00 and up engines)
S3's will rock rock.
thanks a bunch!
they dont answer emails anymore lol
Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #551
Halu

Quote:
Every question you have asked, is answered in this thread and on the forum. I hate to sound like 'one of those guys', but simpyl reading this thread from start to end will help

Race Gas = To much money.

With Water Injection, you can run it all of the time, and really gain the advantages of a cooler combustion, without sacrificing anything. While some guys tune for more boost with it, I like it's safety advantages at the pump level. I love race gas, but do not think it should be part of a street based car.

With the water injection (I use bug juice) it's super cheap, can be found everywhere too.

On the Sentra, we used the actual windshield washer fluid reservoir...on an entire HPDE day, it will only use about half of it. It sprays above 3500/4k only, and you use the jets for the appropriate jet size. You can really notice the difference in response as well at the end of a long session.

It's easy to tune, and can be activated by WOT, RPM, or anything. Even a simple hobbs switch can work. Mine is controled by the JWT ECU.

As far as when you know you're out....some come with warning lamps. I've seen some guys wire up a switch into the tank and then ativate a bulb in the dash. I bet ultimatly, you could order an OEM winter kit, that comes with the low fluid kit, and use that to trigger as well....tons of stuff. I stimply just check the tank.

No offense, but if you're not constantly looking over/checking the car out, then a high power turbo car isn't something you should have. If you check the oil, you can easily check the tank.

The main thing, IMO ONLY, is that you should use meth as a safety feature. I don't trust using it 'increase' boost.
cody i have been reading the forum from page one. and knowing u use a .64 extruded. but till the end i dun quite understand. so i nid to double check from u guys that why i ask again...
Old 10-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #552
codyace
Post Whore!

The Extrude process essnetially 'polishes' the entire inner surface of the manifold and turbo. It improves effeiciency, and flow greatly.

for more pictures: Gallery :: Extrude Honed Turbine and Manifold

Old 10-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #553
Halu

Quote:
The Extrude process essnetially 'polishes' the entire inner surface of the manifold and turbo. It improves effeiciency, and flow greatly.

for more pictures: Gallery :: Extrude Honed Turbine and Manifold
so i mean

if i am making a 400hp at wheel what is the best turbo, cam and injector to get? 400hp at wheel = how much hp at engine? i sux at turbo..

my mod done so far
Tomei Headgasket
Tomei Rocketarms
Tomei Valvespring
(this 3 item done is becoz of my headgasket was going to spoil so i change 1st haha)
Apexi PowerFC w Commander
Apexi AVCR
Custom Manifold
Custom Downpipe
Custom Cat
Fuji RM01 exhaust

if i am gg for ard 370 - 400hp at wheels (maybe pushing it higher later part)
Turbo (which one shld i get?) if i am gg for Garrett (GT2871 .64 / GT2871.86 / GT3037/71?)
will it lag?
Injector (which one shld i get?)if i am gg for Tomei
Cams (which one shld i get?) if i am gg for Tomei
and what else do i nid?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #554
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
get the gt3076 topmout with 264/264 cams 11.5 lift and 740cc injectors. (Halu)

Last edited by SoguRacing; 10-09-2008 at 01:39 AM..
SoguRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #555
Halu

??????????
Old 10-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #556
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
??????????
Yes I think his response was driected to you.. I agree with his reccomendatin, that should put you over 400hp
Old 10-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #557
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Yeah,,,,,,,,,THats great Biut fucke man.KIK]kik]lol
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #558
Halu

1stly guys i am really sorry i keep asking the same question. coz i dun really understand.. i hope u all can help me out.

2ndly it hard to find a good workshop in SG that tune SR well & if it have it so F**in EX to tune in SG..so i hope that can get a ideal one and that it.

if i am going for 370hp at wheel at least and my setting will be

Tomei Head Gasket (alrdy in my car)
Tomei Rocket arm (alrdy in my car)
Tomei Valve spring (alrdy in my car)
Tomei 270 Cams (planning on which to get)
Tomei 740cc Injector(planning on which to get)
Apexi Power FC (alrdy in my car)
Apexi AVCR (alrdy in my car)
Walbro 255l F/P (alrdy in my car)
Custom Manifold (alrdy in my car)
JIC Magic Downpipe (alrdy in my car)
JIC Magic Cat (alrdy in my car)
Fujitsubo RM-01 Exhaust. (alrdy in my car)

which turbo will be ideal (coz mayb in the later part i will increase abit of HP but i think the most i will go to is 450hp)
if using .64 will it push the turbo too hard in the end if i increase?
if using .86 will it lag? if i start from 370hp
Old 10-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #559
codyace
Post Whore!

If you want 450 whp, go with a 30r

If you want 380-420, go with a 2871r .64, and smaller cams.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #560
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
also, this depends on which dyno his car would be tuned on.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #561
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoguRacing View Post
also, this depends on which dyno his car would be tuned on.
My dyno is the trap speed dyno

Old 10-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #562
Halu

Quote:
If you want 450 whp, go with a 30r

If you want 380-420, go with a 2871r .64, and smaller cams.

i wanna ask a stupid ques. 450WHP is ard 500hp at the engine?

smaller cams as in 256 or 260 tomei

injector is ok at 740?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #563
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

from what I've read..and not from experience I would go with a 3076 which is what steve shadows has. he's got 264/264 cams a q45 throttle body, greddy intake plenum, and 740's. he's got 400 to the ground. stupid fast!! stock bottom end.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #564
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
i wanna ask a stupid ques. 450WHP is ard 500hp at the engine?

smaller cams as in 256 or 260 tomei

injector is ok at 740?

I understand that you're new to this, but PLEASE do some searching around on the forum. You're asking very simple questions, while we're trying to keep this thread somewhat technical about the turbo at hand.

Quote:
from what I've read..and not from experience I would go with a 3076 which is what steve shadows has. he's got 264/264 cams a q45 throttle body, greddy intake plenum, and 740's. he's got 400 to the ground. stupid fast!! stock bottom end.

As soon as you posted the dyno comment, I knew that SK had manipulated you Darn you SoCal suckerrs! haha (SK and I make love). Tell him he shoulda just went 35r and been done

Old 10-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #565
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Quote:

I understand that you're new to this, but PLEASE do some searching around on the forum. You're asking very simple questions, while we're trying to keep this thread somewhat technical about the turbo at hand.

As soon as you posted the dyno comment, I knew that SK had manipulated you Darn you SoCal suckerrs! haha (SK and I make love). Tell him he shoulda just went 35r and been done
haha. I' let him know next time I see him. 3 weeks or so when i make the final tune on my rebuild . Manipulated? no haha just makes sense to what dyno you're dealing with when it comes to a numbers game like it seems to be on zilvia (zilvia love baby) I'm sure he'll see this thread before i have time to tell him.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #566
rotation3x
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
rotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rotation3x
I Have had a problem with blowing headgaskets left and right and was thinking it could possibly be my tune on my power fc.

I will start off by saying I don't have a power excel dealer or support shop to tune my car so it has been done using FCdatalogit.

Would it be a good Idea to ditch the power fc and get a tuned computer from rs-enthalpy or JWT instead of using power fc or does anyone know of a place that can tune my power fc and send it back with out having my car.

My setup is simple
gt2871r .64
hks 740cc injectors
z32 mafs
apexi pfc

I am thinking that the timing map in the tune is off causing detination leading to my past 3 blown HG. Can anyone confirm that detination can cause blown headgasket problems.
rotation3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #567
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Dyno, there's a 10-13% correction so whatever that calculates

Old 10-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #568
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
haha. I' let him know next time I see him. 3 weeks or so when i make the final tune on my rebuild . Manipulated? no haha just makes sense to what dyno you're dealing with when it comes to a numbers game like it seems to be on zilvia (zilvia love baby) I'm sure he'll see this thread before i have time to tell him.
Hehe, I know his thoughts. He makes 100% sense, but it's kinda hard to make sense in the numbers jet world. This is why I rely on trap speeds anymore...hard to deny math

Steve is a good guy. He needs to come out to the East Coast !

Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #569
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotation3x View Post
I Have had a problem with blowing headgaskets left and right and was thinking it could possibly be my tune on my power fc.

I will start off by saying I don't have a power excel dealer or support shop to tune my car so it has been done using FCdatalogit.

Would it be a good Idea to ditch the power fc and get a tuned computer from rs-enthalpy or JWT instead of using power fc or does anyone know of a place that can tune my power fc and send it back with out having my car.

My setup is simple
gt2871r .64
hks 740cc injectors
z32 mafs
apexi pfc

I am thinking that the timing map in the tune is off causing detination leading to my past 3 blown HG. Can anyone confirm that detination can cause blown headgasket problems.
Could me many things. What headgasket are you using? Is it installed correctly? Is your block/head surface perfect? Are you using studs or new bolts?

Tuning could also be an issue, but most MLS gasket are pretty good at resisting simple detonation. As you said, you can always get your money back out of the ApexI unit and switch to a rom tune pretty easily.

Do you have any more info on your setup?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:01 AM   #570
Halu

Quote:

codyace thx so much for ur help..really..thx...

u all wouldn't recomend to put a .86 in SR right.