Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #5401
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffandpuff00 View Post
What's stock 2 piece driveshaft weight with carrier bearing?
The s14 driveshaft is about 30lbs.

googled it, first try with "240sx driveshaft weight", third link down, also found a result on wiki
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #5402
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
is it true that the q45 fuel pump is 175lph and is better than the walboro 255lph?
Old 04-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #5403
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
is it true that the q45 fuel pump is 175lph and is better than the walboro 255lph?
i hate you

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #5404
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Well I ask because I've heard people say that its a shitty pump, that it doesn't do consistent load very well. I know it pumps more than the z32 and the z33, and considering i'm trying to finish the vq swap, I want to know would the q45 pump be better? I already have a walboro. And I know eventually, when I go supercharged that I will need to go with a stronger pump anyways.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #5405
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
not necessarily, some trunks came without the 3rd brake light. I believe crimsonrockett had one for sale
IIRC 100% of USDM s14's came with a factory third brakelight in the trunklid. because it is required by law that all new cars sold in the US have 3 brake lights. The s14 never sold in the US with a factory brake light in the wing. Canadian models might be different.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #5406
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
do nissan ring gears have a serial number on them to identify them? i'm about to crack my housing open to see which ring gear is installed on my hlsd.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #5407
irax
Post Whore!

yes they do
Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #5408
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for different R34 differentials?

I bought a supposed R34 clutch type and I want to know what model it may have come out of.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #5409
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Well I ask because I've heard people say that its a shitty pump, that it doesn't do consistent load very well. I know it pumps more than the z32 and the z33, and considering i'm trying to finish the vq swap, I want to know would the q45 pump be better? I already have a walboro. And I know eventually, when I go supercharged that I will need to go with a stronger pump anyways.
Oooh I thought you were being a smart ass hahaha

Keep the walbro. No reason to do the job twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
do nissan ring gears have a serial number on them to identify them? i'm about to crack my housing open to see which ring gear is installed on my hlsd.
They do, but you can also count the teeth on the ring gear, and divide it by the teeth on the pinion gear.

OR you can jack the rear of the car up...and spin the tire over, and then count the driveshaft revolutions. Do the math to determine your ratio. You'll know a 4.08 froma 4.3 to a 4.6 for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for different R34 differentials?

I bought a supposed R34 clutch type and I want to know what model it may have come out of.
I'd check the FSM for this info, as that would be the most reliable source to me. I know the 240 ones have info on VLSD and Open diffs.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 04-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #5410
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Right I dont know which FSM to check. Im sure they arent all the same for different trim levels of skyline right?

I mean a GTS FSM wont be the same as a GTR or GT right?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #5411
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
IIRC 100% of USDM s14's came with a factory third brakelight in the trunklid. because it is required by law that all new cars sold in the US have 3 brake lights. The s14 never sold in the US with a factory brake light in the wing. Canadian models might be different.
oh true that, i thought you meant s14s in general
Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #5412
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
Hi,
Anyone know how to troubleshoot a greddy electronic warning boost gauge?

when i plug it in with a working sensor (i use it for my profec) it lights up but does not do any sweeps or read anything at all - how do i know if it's the control box or the gauge itself?

thanks!
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #5413
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Right I dont know which FSM to check. Im sure they arent all the same for different trim levels of skyline right?

Hard to say really, Nissan is kinda oddball with how they put together their FSM's.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #5414
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

The Aussie sites have all in one translated FSMs.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #5415
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
what are these worth in america???

nismo 260 kph clocks

Old 04-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #5416
hunterw

Trader Rating: (1)
hunterw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yo...i just got thde info back on my mines wc s14 ecu and i have a few questiosn. as i am still new to sr20s and well fuel injection in general

Dear Mr. Hunter,
The specs for the ecu that you have is
Fuel mapping has been optimized
Injection and ignition timing adjusted
Speed limiter has been cut
Rev limiter has been raised 500 rpms

Designed to run on 100 RON(at the least 98 RON) rating octane gasoline

Max Boost set at 0.8kg (set at a safe level. Possible to boost higher depending on the circumstances, but boost at your own risk.)
Best Regards,
Daniel Larson
Mine's Co., Ltd.
5-7-25, Hayashi, Yokosuka-City,
Kanagawa, Japan 238-0315
TEL : +81-46-857-3313
FAX : +81-46-857-2708
Email : [email protected]
URL : Mine's

im worried about the the ignition and injection timing being adjusted. as far as i know everything is stock in the motor. guy thinks it might have aftermarket cams. but i havent checked. do i need to be concerned about it? or what else should i know about it? thanks for the help
hunterw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #5417
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Could an EVAP leak be causing my car to idle rough when the motor is properly heated up? On colder days, the motor stays cooler because my thermostat is stuck open, but on warmer days, when it heats up my car idles from 800-200rpm constantly, and gets super close to just choking out.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #5418
vboy720
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
vboy720 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vboy720
just picked up a used toda lightweight flywheel for an SR. Are s13 and s14 flywheel interchangeable?
vboy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #5419
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
yo...i just got thde info back on my mines wc s14 ecu and i have a few questiosn. as i am still new to sr20s and well fuel injection in general

im worried about the the ignition and injection timing being adjusted. as far as i know everything is stock in the motor. guy thinks it might have aftermarket cams. but i havent checked. do i need to be concerned about it? or what else should i know about it? thanks for the help

Sell it, and purchase a Jim Wolf Technology or RS Enthalpy ECU. The JDM ecu's are not setup for USDM based cars at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboy720 View Post
just picked up a used toda lightweight flywheel for an SR. Are s13 and s14 flywheel interchangeable?
Yes

Old 04-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #5420
Driice
BANNED

Driice is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know how low SPL KTS coilovers can go? I'm looking to pick up a set and want to slam my car.
Driice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #5421
Wake
Premium Member

Damn dude you just dont like my opinion or what?

Here is proof. KTS goes low.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #5422
irax
Post Whore!

what ever happened to Nismo Nancy?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #5423
Driice
BANNED

Driice is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Damn dude you just dont like my opinion or what?

Here is proof. KTS goes low.
How about on an S14?
Driice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #5424
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Where can I find an r33 caliper rebuild kit?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #5425
jdmjap808
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmjap808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can a downpipe off a t28 elbow fit on a t25 elbow?
jdmjap808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #5426
hunterw

Trader Rating: (1)
hunterw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
are cam angle sensors the same s13 sr20s and s14 sr20s?
hunterw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #5427
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driice View Post
How about on an S14?
How about you google it like i did to get that pic i posted?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #5428
jdmjap808
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmjap808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
are the downpipes for the SR's all the same size? like can i put a downpipe from a t28 elbow to a t25 elbow? anyone?
jdmjap808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:59 AM   #5429
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjap808 View Post
Can a downpipe off a t28 elbow fit on a t25 elbow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjap808 View Post
are the downpipes for the SR's all the same size? like can i put a downpipe from a t28 elbow to a t25 elbow?
Yes

Tip:Google, took me like 5 seconds
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 AM   #5430
2slow2go
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
2slow2go will become famous soon enough2slow2go will become famous soon enough2slow2go will become famous soon enough2slow2go will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
does anyone know which year/model the tweeters came in the s14's exactly?

I had a 95 se with leather option and it did have the tweeters. my 97 and 98 se don't have it. but my friends le does. Do the 97-98 only have tweeters on the LE models? and 95-96 se's tweeters comes on all?
2slow2go is offline   Reply With Quote