Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #5281
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
I didnt see any price on the wisefab rear kit. Do you guys know it ? I'll have to source and S14 subframe too
It's 1500 Euros plus shipping. They make kits for S13 and S14 subframes, you just have to specify when ordering.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #5282
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Since this is suspension thread for angle. does changing your sway help, is there a company that makes a sway bar?
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #5283
kewilso3
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kewilso3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrfiter22 View Post
Since this is suspension thread for angle. does changing your sway help, is there a company that makes a sway bar?
Page one JohnnyBoy, Cor Integration makes a sway bar with extra clearance:

The Sikky bar also has a tad more:

kewilso3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #5284
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
Quote:
I didnt see any price on the wisefab rear kit. Do you guys know it ? I'll have to source and S14 subframe too
If you are using an S13 as your car, keep the S13 subframe, s14 when extremely lowered loses its anti-squat and goes to pro-squat resulting in less forward bite

Last edited by Motary; 05-02-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #5285
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
I use my S13 to grip, and not exactly scratching the frame rails on the ground I currently cant get much higher actually, maybe 1/4" but not much more. i maxed the rear coilovers height.

As far as i can see, the wisefab rear kit seems to be available for S14 and S15 subframe. The S13 one is different and the kit wont fit, unless they provide the different misalignment spacers.

edit:
damn, didnt read the previous posts. thanks guys.

Driftshop ... well there are some reasons i am not keen on doing business with them. The first one being the business is declared as a software making business.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #5286
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
I use my S13 to grip, and not exactly scratching the frame rails on the ground I currently cant get much higher actually, maybe 1/4" but not much more. i maxed the rear coilovers height.

As far as i can see, the wisefab rear kit seems to be available for S14 and S15 subframe. The S13 one is different and the kit wont fit, unless they provide the different misalignment spacers.
I talked to wisefab about this. They said they have a kit for the S13 subframe, you just have to specify when ordering.

I have no idea why you'd want the wisefab kit if you're that high though, your camber and toe curves are probably very manageable. Not to mention you'd probably want to run a sway bar for normal track use.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #5287
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Yup, didnt see there was no sway bar attachment. My bad.

These are the reasons i wanted the kit:

1- i think my knucle bushes are shot and i cant be arsed to change them. They are the last oem bushes on the car. Just changing them for ball joints would cost me 300+ € already, and that is without labor. I need new traction and toe arms too, which are going to set me back another 240€. I think that is already half that kit price.

2- weight reduction.

3 - it looks cool and i can afford it (i should not come on that thread on payday really )

But yeah, no swaybar is a no go. I went back from a very stiff bar to the oem one, but am not ready to drive without one.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #5288
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewilso3 View Post
Page one JohnnyBoy, Cor Integration makes a sway bar with extra clearance:

The Sikky bar also has a tad more:
Thanks for posting the side by side pic, I've always wondered what that looked like.

Quote:
Yup, didnt see there was no sway bar attachment. My bad.

These are the reasons i wanted the kit:

1- i think my knucle bushes are shot and i cant be arsed to change them. They are the last oem bushes on the car. Just changing them for ball joints would cost me 300+ € already, and that is without labor. I need new traction and toe arms too, which are going to set me back another 240€. I think that is already half that kit price.

2- weight reduction.

3 - it looks cool and i can afford it (i should not come on that thread on payday really )

But yeah, no swaybar is a no go. I went back from a very stiff bar to the oem one, but am not ready to drive without one.
I'm not sure how easy it is for you to get stuff from Australia but GKTech is supposed to be coming out with a forged aluminum version with spherical bearings later this year.

While driftworks might not be the lightest or have sphericals, they're better than your stock bushes and there is 45mm of drop there.

GKtech also has really light RUCA's and Toe arms.

BTW guys, this thread is now the biggest in Tech Talk. Pretty cool

Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #5289
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
agreed. i paid in full for the knuckles months ago. it would be nice if they would at lest send an email notifying me that they planned to add another decade to them already taking fucking forever.

I called them last week and asked them and was like god dammit.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #5290
Wisefab

Wisefab is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

One little correction, allthough it is not seen on the pictures or video, production version of our rear kit will have mounting points for the anti-rollbar.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #5291
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Thanks for posting the side by side pic, I've always wondered what that looked like.

I'm not sure how easy it is for you to get stuff from Australia but GKTech is supposed to be coming out with a forged aluminum version with spherical bearings later this year.

While driftworks might not be the lightest or have sphericals, they're better than your stock bushes and there is 45mm of drop there.

GKtech also has really light RUCA's and Toe arms.

BTW guys, this thread is now the biggest in Tech Talk. Pretty cool
Driftworks upright retains stock camber curve which is pretty damn steep compared to wisefab one, more suited for jelly 185/60/15 tyres and stock suspension
Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #5292
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisefab View Post
Hi,

One little correction, allthough it is not seen on the pictures or video, production version of our rear kit will have mounting points for the anti-rollbar.
Damn.

Release date ? Pricing for a front & rear kit ?

As far as driftshop goes, i have trouble dealing with an official importer that declares its business as a software company. Maybe the info is not up to date though, still i found that info on 4 other websites that are supposed to have info updated since may 1st.

**edit:** The websites i got my info from were not up to date. driftshop IS correctly registered (confirmed on score3.com and verif.com).

I based my info on societe.com, vilokal.fr, france-prospect.fr ... and on verif.com too. All 4 of them indicated driftshop is software programming company. The first 3 still indicates that. Data on verif.com has been updated though, but it still shows on google search as a programming company (probably because it needs to be indexed again, last sweep indicates it was like that on 8th of april)

verif.com gives the correct info now.

That and I usually bring my car to another shop that i trust for various reasons (i have known the people who work there for years, i know they do very good work although they lack a bit or organization; but they are the only ones i trust to drive my S13 without flashing a valet mode in the ECU). I wont say their name, but i think you know them already, they are in Fontenilles. One of the drift S13 they work on has a front wisefab kit.

Anyway... is there a way to get that kit directly from you, or from another dealer ?

Last edited by Croustibat; 05-04-2013 at 07:29 AM..
Old 05-03-2013, 04:20 AM   #5293
Wisefab

Wisefab is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, shoot me an e-mail to [email protected] and we will find a way.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #5294
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend fab's knuckels, based out of Mooresville, NC. This are his V2 kit, it's set for 0 ackerman and has RC correction. They are paired with S14 LCA which have been boxed in and bump stops removed, and Ikeya formula inner tie rods/S14 outers. I love it! I also am running a 15mm bolt on spacer and my wheel wells have been cut out. We raised it a bit after the initial install and I never got around to lowering it because it just drives so well at the current height. I may lower it in the future, we will see. I am running about 5.5* camber all around and have a nice, flat contact patch.

Been running for about a year now:

On the ground

Running tandem with my friend Ivan, who also has these knuckles installed.

Running against Forrest's LS S14 at Streetwise drift. Probably near full lock

A fun run at SWD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2S6bk0NY10

A local track we use to practice at.. Some decent GoPro footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsUKh2lnmY8
TrustS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #5295
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustS13 View Post
My friend fab's knuckels, based out of Mooresville, NC. This are his V2 kit, it's set for 0 ackerman and has RC correction. They are paired with S14 LCA which have been boxed in and bump stops removed, and Ikeya formula inner tie rods/S14 outers. I love it! I also am running a 15mm bolt on spacer and my wheel wells have been cut out. We raised it a bit after the initial install and I never got around to lowering it because it just drives so well at the current height. I may lower it in the future, we will see. I am running about 5.5* camber all around and have a nice, flat contact patch.
Those look pretty nice man. How much caster are you running?

This front kit should be showing up at my door this coming Friday...

Old 05-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #5296
GKTECH
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
GKTECH is making a name for him/her selfGKTECH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
agreed. i paid in full for the knuckles months ago. it would be nice if they would at lest send an email notifying me that they planned to add another decade to them already taking fucking forever.

As the knuckles were in development up until just a month or so ago there have been many delays and then as the engineers took so long to sign off on the design, we lost our 5 week time allocation that we had scheduled on the CNC machines so that pushed things back a few weeks. We are working as fast as possible and unfortunately our system doesn't have a way to email the 90 or so people that have knuckles on order to inform them however we have posted multiple posts on our FB page and spent $50+ promoting each post notifying people of the delays.

That said, as the knuckles cost us more to manufacture than what we sold them we are more than happy to offer a refund. If you do want a refund email [email protected] and we will get that sorted right away.

I personally have both my cars in pieces waiting for the knuckles so I understand the frustration and we are doing everything we can to get everyones knuckles out ASAP. 27 sets are going out on Monday with another 5 later in the week and then the remainder should be out within 2 weeks or so.

Greg
Old 05-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #5297
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Should have just given someone $50 and told them to email the 90 or so people.
!Zar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #5298
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKTECH View Post
As the knuckles were in development up until just a month or so ago there have been many delays and then as the engineers took so long to sign off on the design, we lost our 5 week time allocation that we had scheduled on the CNC machines so that pushed things back a few weeks. We are working as fast as possible and unfortunately our system doesn't have a way to email the 90 or so people that have knuckles on order to inform them however we have posted multiple posts on our FB page and spent $50+ promoting each post notifying people of the delays.

That said, as the knuckles cost us more to manufacture than what we sold them we are more than happy to offer a refund. If you do want a refund email [email protected] and we will get that sorted right away.

I personally have both my cars in pieces waiting for the knuckles so I understand the frustration and we are doing everything we can to get everyones knuckles out ASAP. 27 sets are going out on Monday with another 5 later in the week and then the remainder should be out within 2 weeks or so.

Greg
i was posting regarding PBM taking forever, not you guys.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #5299
Amelia617

Amelia617 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah that's right, it makes sense to me again. I had forgotten how I had to think of it to make sense, haha.
Amelia617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #5300
GKTECH
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
GKTECH is making a name for him/her selfGKTECH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Should have just given someone $50 and told them to email the 90 or so people.
It's not about emailing 90 or so people, it's getting all of the data out of our system of who the 90 people are that ordered the knuckles. Unfortunately it's quite restrictive like that and would be a completely manual process that would take hours upon hours and be so easy to miss people.

Quote:
i was posting regarding PBM taking forever, not you guys.
Oh right... good to see it's not just us that can have delays however in that case, we can't refund you haha
Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #5301
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Discovered something interesting about my S13 that has front mounting point of the rear lower arm lowered ~60mm while designing a new upright:

Anti-squat is dynamic!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #5302
SoCalDrifter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
SoCalDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
kinda just jumping into all this for one question but what would you guys do if you were planning on purchasing a angle kit for your track car right now?

I see alot of people are saying theres alot of down time for parts to come in but i dont mind waiting alittle while as long as its not anything crazy like 5 months haha thinking more along 1 or 2 max..... so with that said what angle kit would you guys go with? i was planning on having someone custom make me one but i feel its a better idea to go with a name brand with a rep behind it.... thanks in advance
SoCalDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #5303
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDrifter View Post
kinda just jumping into all this for one question but what would you guys do if you were planning on purchasing a angle kit for your track car right now?

I see alot of people are saying theres alot of down time for parts to come in but i dont mind waiting alittle while as long as its not anything crazy like 5 months haha thinking more along 1 or 2 max..... so with that said what angle kit would you guys go with? i was planning on having someone custom make me one but i feel its a better idea to go with a name brand with a rep behind it.... thanks in advance
Are you talking about buying new knuckles, or having yours sent in and modified? If you have to send yours somewhere, just find someone parting their car out and then you'll have zero downtime.

If you're buying new stuff, just see if the company has it in stock. I know driftworks and wisefab are known to have things in stock and ship fast. Other companies are made in smaller batches or JUST coming to market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motary View Post
Discovered something interesting about my S13 that has front mounting point of the rear lower arm lowered ~60mm while designing a new upright:

Anti-squat is dynamic!

This is interesting. What are the horizontal and vertical axis?

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 05-06-2013 at 12:24 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #5304
shirunai

shirunai is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it a mistake not to use a "lock stop" while drifting?
I use Driftworks offset spacers so i guess they may have to take some pounding? since the rack is limiting how much lock i can have

Driftworks offset spacer
Driftworks geomaster knuckle
Driftworks R33 GTR kinked tension rods
28mm extended s14 LCA

By the way its on a s14

shirunai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #5305
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
This is interesting. What are the horizontal and vertical axis?
Sorry about that, Horizontal axis is bump for positive and droop for negative value, vertical axis is anti-squat percentage
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #5306
SoCalDrifter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
SoCalDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Are you talking about buying new knuckles, or having yours sent in and modified? If you have to send yours somewhere, just find someone parting their car out and then you'll have zero downtime.

If you're buying new stuff, just see if the company has it in stock. I know driftworks and wisefab are known to have things in stock and ship fast. Other companies are made in smaller batches or JUST coming to market.
i was probably going to take them off and have them fabbed up and ill put them back on... i know someone who does them for about 300-350 but if i were to buy knuckles from a company which would you guys say is the best all around?? reliability, angle, price
SoCalDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #5307
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Sorry about that, Horizontal axis is bump for positive and droop for negative value, vertical axis is anti-squat percentage
Interesting. So as the car squats, it wants to squat more and more.

Quote:
i was probably going to take them off and have them fabbed up and ill put them back on... i know someone who does them for about 300-350 but if i were to buy knuckles from a company which would you guys say is the best all around?? reliability, angle, price
That is a very hard question to answer. It depends totally on how you want the car to drive and behave while drifting. Cor Integration knuckles are a lot cheaper than your guy, and include roll center correction.

I guess figure out what you want out of your front suspension, then see what gives you what you want, and if it's in your budget.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #5308
slidewayz240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
slidewayz240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Is there a reason you dropped the front instead of raising the rear? I was going to bring the back up because I thought raising the mounting point on the rear would help with the antisquat, and RC correction slightly.
slidewayz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #5309
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
Is there a reason you dropped the front instead of raising the rear? I was going to bring the back up because I thought raising the mounting point on the rear would help with the antisquat, and RC correction slightly.
It also changes your bumpsteer quite a lot.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #5310
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
We are just 3 weeks from the new forged roll center super angle knuckle stock arriving. They are $400 which is slightly over that budget but there is quite the convenience factor and plenty of savings by not shipping your knuckles in 2 directions to be modified, plus your stock ones are worth maybe $150 on ebay.

Theres no way that any welded knuckle mod can compare to the accuracy and consistency of a pair of our CNC machined forged blanks.

Reserve a pair by clicking here.

How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote