Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #5041
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Geezus... it's even uglier than the photoshop. Everything from the headlights back is ok-ish, but that nose?

Do not want. At all.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the center part of the grill either. I've always hated that shape. Even on Ferarri's. Over-all I like it. And it's just a concept so it'll change somewhat before it hits production.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #5042
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i get the nasty feeling that if toyota releases it, the stupid thing will wind up wearing a lexus badge

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #5043
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
interesting news from kia...

Kia GT4 Stinger Concept: The Kia Genesis Coupe 'Coming Now'

Old 01-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #5044
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i get the nasty feeling that if toyota releases it, the stupid thing will wind up wearing a lexus badge
Lexus' current design language is ugly AF to me. But even that would be an improvement on this concept.

Or if this concept is a hint on where Lexus design language is headed...

Thank you for posting something to wash that Toyota taste out...

Kia, listen: You have a hot looking hatch concept with nice engine specs by apparently adding DI to the GC's 2.0T finally. But if you want it to be successful, you have to overcome the Genesis Coupe's perceived failings - It's weight! The extra power is great, but detractors are still gonna call it a fat pig if it tips the scale around the same as the GC.

But asking for a 200 to 300 lbs weight cut is probably asking for too much. I imagine it will be poised to compete against the 2.3t Mustang in performance, weight and price, rather than being an FRS fighter. 315hp is too much power to pack into a car like this if it weighed under 3000 lbs.

Either way, I've said it before: I love the Genesis coupe. This looks like an improvement on it in every conceivable way. I'm down. They might be able to keep the cost down since they're sharing parts with Hyundai. The 2.0t GC starts at $25k with 274hp and the 3.8L V6 GC is priced at ~$29k with 350hp. Where do you guys speculate this car will be priced, considering Kia is supposed to be the lesser marquee brand of the two?

Nissan... You guys better release some IDX specifics and quick, because Kia is coming for your lunch.

Actually... even if the Nismo IDX were running a 240hp version of the 1.8t Juke engine, I'd probably lean more towards the Stinger at this point. Shit is pretty damn sexy without having to explain why the IDX's retro quirkiness looks good to you all the damn time.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #5045
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
^
Holy Fuck I love that!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #5046
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TNoJWW8jTOs
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #5047
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Uh-oh... the Internet is blowing up for this ugly car. After successfully campaigning the 86, Toyota's hype machine gets back to work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO0T-eb1jrI

Seriously, Toyota's PR team is fucking elite. The marketing completely sells the car. Hyundai and Kia better take notes.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #5048
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
That FT1 concept is gorgeous. I love that design language. At 50-60k I am guessing its mention to compete with the gt500, m3, C7 and boxter aka staying out of GTR territory.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #5049
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
That FT1 concept is gorgeous. I love that design language. At 50-60k I am guessing its mention to compete with the gt500, m3, C7 and boxter aka staying out of GTR territory.

This.

Looks like a supercar to me. Will probably use alot of the LFA tech.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #5050
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
DAT PROFILE

The nose reminds me of the Ferrari Enzo or a F1 car. Liking this concept.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #5051
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
try 20 lbs
it was an exaggeration. Regardless, the car is not anything to consider imo. It's clear you like the car, which is fine. I'm glad you enjoy it.

New FT is pretty cool. I like the use of wild functional aero. Side profile is pretty damn good. Wonder what the final product will bring, performance wise. I like the interior to from what limited things I saw. Pretty neat overall. Looks like it could be a fun track car. What you guys thinking it will have hp wise 450? More? The only thing that I kind of am not liking is the two fans in the front ducts. Reminds me of the batmobile or something. But it's not a game breaker lol. For 50-60k, seems pretty nice.

That front nose cone reminds me of panoz in a way

Last edited by BossHogg; 01-13-2014 at 12:39 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #5052
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
it was an exaggeration. Regardless, the car is not anything to consider imo. It's clear you like the car, which is fine. I'm glad you enjoy it.

New FT is pretty cool. I like the use of wild functional aero. Side profile is pretty damn good. Wonder what the final product will bring, performance wise. I like the interior to from what limited things I saw. Pretty neat overall. Looks like it could be a fun track car. What you guys thinking it will have hp wise 450? More? The only thing that I kind of am not liking is the two fans in the front ducts. Reminds me of the batmobile or something. But it's not a game breaker lol. For 50-60k, seems pretty nice.

I'm guessing an linline 6 turbo or a V8.

They did talk about how it is related to the old Supra in the video and about inline 6 turbos.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #5053
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
What you guys thinking it will have hp wise 450? More? The only thing that I kind of am not liking is the two fans in the front ducts. Reminds me of the batmobile or something. But it's not a game breaker lol. For 50-60k, seems pretty nice.

How much HP? I'm thinking about the same as a similarly priced BMW. Weren't they supposed to be partnering on engines?

I think the nose reminds me of a jewish Enzo.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #5054
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
I'm guessing an linline 6 turbo or a V8.

They did talk about how it is related to the old Supra in the video and about inline 6 turbos.
I don't think Toyota has an inline 6 at the moment do they? Are they introducing a new engine too?
Old 01-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #5055
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
A bare bones FR-S is only 18 lbs lighter than a BRZ Limited with all of its goodies. The FR-S Monogram is essentialy a BRZ Limited and at the same price. I would have had considered it if it was available at launch and Scion wasn't on that pure pricing bullshit but it is worth it.

The FT-1 is nice and I'm very interested in what makes it to production. And it will make it to production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I don't think Toyota has an inline 6 at the moment do they? Are they introducing a new engine too?

Rumor is this is a joint venture with BMW and will be the new Z3 and Supra.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #5056
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

What happened to the S16 concept or the production ready idx?
Old 01-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #5057
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Lexus' current design language is ugly AF to me. But even that would be an improvement on this concept.

Kia, listen: You have a hot looking hatch concept with nice engine specs by apparently adding DI to the GC's 2.0T finally. But if you want it to be successful, you have to overcome the Genesis Coupe's perceived failings - It's weight! The extra power is great, but detractors are still gonna call it a fat pig if it tips the scale around the same as the GC.

But asking for a 200 to 300 lbs weight cut is probably asking for too much. I imagine it will be poised to compete against the 2.3t Mustang in performance, weight and price, rather than being an FRS fighter. 315hp is too much power to pack into a car like this if it weighed under 3000 lbs.

Either way, I've said it before: I love the Genesis coupe. This looks like an improvement on it in every conceivable way. I'm down. They might be able to keep the cost down since they're sharing parts with Hyundai. The 2.0t GC starts at $25k with 274hp and the 3.8L V6 GC is priced at ~$29k with 350hp. Where do you guys speculate this car will be priced, considering Kia is supposed to be the lesser marquee brand of the two?

Nissan... You guys better release some IDX specifics and quick, because Kia is coming for your lunch.

Actually... even if the Nismo IDX were running a 240hp version of the 1.8t Juke engine, I'd probably lean more towards the Stinger at this point. Shit is pretty damn sexy without having to explain why the IDX's retro quirkiness looks good to you all the damn time.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #5058
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
In the video the designer said Lexus has the LFA and Scion has the FR-S so this will definately be a Toyota.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #5059
simmode1
Post Whore!

I think, if you compare the Genesis Coupe and the Stinger concept, the Kia's lines seem to hint at a much smaller car. What do you guys think? Wishful thinking?

Old 01-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #5060
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
1. Fuck an F1 front end on any production car ever ever ever. If it isn't functional(and it isn't) then the form is a useless waste of space.

2. It is too much and upscaled FR-S. I don't see much of a reason to jump the price up if all I'm getting is a longer wheelbase and more power. For that money I can get the power out of an FR-S.

3. Everything about that Kia is on point. I have no complaints. Even the grill headlights look good. Lots of great details that could make it to production. The IDx Nismo now has serious heads up competition.

Edit
Dare I say it? The Kia does what the IDx Nismo does visually and does it better. I still like the details of the IDx Nismo a ton but the Kia is just immediately good looking.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #5061
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

not sure why theres so much hate directed toward the Gennie's weight. It tips the scale at the same weight as the 350z/370z/G35 (the G37 gained some serious blubber at almost 3800lbs). the current model 4 cylinder produces the same numbers that the 350z/G35 produced from a V6 and performs damn near the same for less than what those cars cost new years ago.

just because its not pulling the same weight as the FRS doesnt mean its overweight. ive driven a few genesis coupes (pre-facelift) and to be honest, i was impressed. compared to an S13 or S14 theyre heavy yes, but as a modern day car goes, its not bad!

Old 01-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #5062
simmode1
Post Whore!

Oh shit! Shots fired!!!
Kia GT4 Stinger concept is a 'totally selfish design' - Autoblog

Quote:
With a 103.1-inch wheelbase and an overall length of just 169.7 inches, it's only a few inches longer than a Scion FR-S and is considerably shorter than the 182.3-inch Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Compared to the FR-S, the GT4 is lower and wider, both of which portend good things for its agility. This is a bit of a featherweight, too, weighing in at just 2,874 pounds. It's also somewhat unusual for an automaker to disclose a concept's weight – by our read, that further suggests eventual production is in mind. The footprint issue is an important one, as it hints that if/when we see a production GT4, it looks like it'll be more of an FR-S/Subaru BRZ/Mazda MX-5 Miata fighter than a rival to the Genesis Coupe or the upcoming four-cylinder turbo Ford Mustang.
Drift_Freak and Racepar... I remember once you guys saying car makers would never build a car that I'd be happy with because I was too picky. Yes, I am pretty damned picky. But I must say, if this one gets made, I would have absolutely nothing to complain about with it. If it's priced similarly to what it's competing against (FRZ & Miata), this car would actually exceed what I would want from a new car.

This article and the Jalponik piece seem to be conflicting on whether or not the Stinger is headed for production. If it gets produced with specs remotely resembling the concept, it's gonna to murder anything that I can think of under $40k. Fuck waiting for a new Silvia.

Edit: I'm probably getting excited for nothing. This is too much of a good thing to actually see production, IMO.

Last edited by simmode1; 01-13-2014 at 02:41 PM..
Old 01-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #5063
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
2. It is too much and upscaled FR-S. I don't see much of a reason to jump the price up if all I'm getting is a longer wheelbase and more power. For that money I can get the power out of an FR-S
the FRS is marketed to a different group of folks. the modern supra will be for the person that buys a GTR or Corvette. the majority of them dont mod cars, they just want something fast out of the box with no modding needed! the FRS is for folks like you and i that get a kick out of spending 10-15k on mods and beating the snot out of cars that cost 2-3 times more (in a 240s case, 30-40 times more with current KBB on the car around $2500)

Quote:
3. Everything about that Kia is on point. I have no complaints. Even the grill headlights look good. Lots of great details that could make it to production. The IDx Nismo now has serious heads up competition.
the IDx had serious competition with the FRS already. the car is scions top seller, its EVERYWHERE in the tuning world (hell, every 2 out of 3 booths at SEMA the last 2 years had one) and toyota is already talking about ramping up the power in the car with either turbo, hybrid or displacement. even the genesis has an edge over the IDx, it hit the market well before the IDx was a thought in some designers head, its got quite a few years worth of tuning goodies and puts out good numbers on a motor that was co-developed along side mitsubishi + chrysler and the market is filled with good condition used examples.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #5064
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:

That's pretty. With some work, it could be beautiful.

It looks small, to be that heavy.... it'd be awesome if it was like 2500lbs.

Looks sort of like the s code z cars. Especially from the rear.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #5065
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
That's pretty. With some work, it could be beautiful.

It looks small, to be that heavy.... it'd be awesome if it was like 2500lbs.

Looks sort of like the s code z cars. Especially from the rear.
Peep my last post. They're targeting a little over 2800lbs with 315hp on deck from a detuned Pirelli World Challenge racecar engine.

But now that I think about it, I think there is less and less a possibility of the Stinger going to production. A car that light, with that much power, priced around $26k? That's probably good for about 4.8 sec 0-60 or a 13 sec quarter mile. Young idiots will line up to buy this car and get killed in it.

Is there any law of gentlemen's agree anymore limiting power production/per $? Because the Stinger seems to be breaking all the rules.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #5066
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
As long as our power comes from burning coal internal combustion is still the way to go.

That BladeGlider shit is so intensely French. Dictating to the market what futuristic bullshit it will like and buy.
There's a bit of 2cv in there.... But there's nothing wrong with an aggressive market - if they miss, they try again. All sorts of things are marketed that way, from the iPhone to the GTR.

But that's not entirely true about internal combustion. It's VASTLY more efficient to do all your burning in one bigger, hotter fire.

What we need is battery technology. And it's getting better fast.

Of course we all understand that without a petrol backup or generator, electric cars are not the way to drive clear across kansas - so?

You're not going to drive that delta-thingy across kansas either, is the thing. So it hardly matters if it's battery can't make it across kansas.

That thing aside, electricity makes a lot of sense for a lot of automotive applications, from motorsports (Still waiting on a serious electric 240 - could be made to compete with ls cars) to toodling around town for pennies. Don't latch on and hate electric because it's not currently targeted at you, or it's the cool thing to do. It's not inherently inferior.

As to the comment that smart cars sharing the road with lifted trucks is stupid: Not really, there's nothing wrong with driving anything you want. Is it also stupid that I ride my bike, just because people drive big trucks? Even though they do have a tendency to be overcompensating douchebags, it's STILL the truck driver's responsibility to not harm others or damage anyone's property. If he does so, he's the only stupid one. I mean, you could say it's stupid for lifted 4x4's to share the road with little 240s.... but it's not. They're different tools and primarily do different things, but there's nothing wrong with each operating on the same road.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #5067
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The IDx and FR-S are going for something completely different with styling. As it was the IDx would have been the only boxy coupe style out there in that market. Now with this Kia potentially out there as well Nissan has even more pressure to refine the IDx.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #5068
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
But that's not entirely true about internal combustion. It's VASTLY more efficient to do all your burning in one bigger, hotter fire.
Nope. Burning gas in an internal combustion engine is vastly more efficient than any coal burning out there, especially if you are trying to generate electricity from the combustion.

Mining coal to burn to make electricity to plug a car in. . . That is a massive waste of resources and we haven't even gotten to making the batteries.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #5069
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Not RWD but here's the new Maxima.Nissan Sport Sedan Concept foretells a future Maxima - Autoblog
Old 01-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #5070
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Lego team photochop!

PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote