Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #4981
pepe123
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
pepe123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ya i could run the under the intake,but i would have to extend the injector wires even more. anyone ran then under?
pepe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #4982
Mel-O

Trader Rating: (0)
Mel-O is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Soo i dont drive my car often but i start it up like once a week even if i do drive it, well my dad put injector cleaner in there with not much gas(less than a quarter tank) and now its smoking at about 4k and up. im hoping its the cleaner and that its a simple fix, but could my head gasket be the issue?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #4983
k3fallout

k3fallout is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
emailed him once, took about 3-4 days for him to respond "what application is this for"

i said "1991 Nissan 240sx 200mm housing"

Hasn't answered since.. I then bought the headlights through clearcorners, mind this was roughly 7 months ago. Still no answer
Bah, thank you. I mentioned to him in the email I was a first time customer and my car. If he doesn't answer in another 1-2 days I'm just going to spend the extra $30 to buy from clear corners. How long did it take for them to send it out to you?
k3fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #4984
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
Which is the red sensor (coolant temp sensor?) on the s13 ka24de right before the bleeder screw?

I have both the 1 prong and the clip one...

Anyways, the red one that has the spring retainer, can i just replace it with any good ol wire or should it be a spring type? Mine shot off into the engine bay somewhere and i can't find it
The one prong is the cluster gauge. The clip is the ECU sensor. You could probably make one out of straight wire(rod). I have bought them and got them at the junkyard.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 AM   #4985
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Would it be counter-productive to have a short shifter and a bubble shift knob?
Just wondering
Old 03-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #4986
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStayBroke View Post
Would it be counter-productive to have a short shifter and a bubble shift knob?
Just wondering
Depends on which short throw shifter you're going with. BM wouldn't make any difference as the pivot actually changes.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #4987
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im dropping a stock redtop SR into my 240 and was initially going to drop it in with the t25, even though i have a t28 sitting in my garage. I have since decided to just go ahead with the t28, and am ordering injectors, turbo gaskets, and all that good stuff. I bought Isis stainless steel lines for bottom mount SR's, and hooked them up to the t25. As Im reading about the t28 upgrade, Ive read a few things talk about oil restrictors. How do I tell if my lines have them?
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #4988
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
Im dropping a stock redtop SR into my 240 and was initially going to drop it in with the t25, even though i have a t28 sitting in my garage. I have since decided to just go ahead with the t28, and am ordering injectors, turbo gaskets, and all that good stuff. I bought Isis stainless steel lines for bottom mount SR's, and hooked them up to the t25. As Im reading about the t28 upgrade, Ive read a few things talk about oil restrictors. How do I tell if my lines have them?
The oil fitting that screws into the top of the turbo(oil in) will have a pin hole on one end and full size on the other. If the fitting is full bore all the way through it's not.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #4989
spent27
Leaky Injector

spent27 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a T25 and instead of having the traditional 2 bolt oil drain, it has a threaded ~1/4 inch barb. Does this provide any insight into what the turbo was from? He said it was from a SR in an s14, but I'm not sure what the SR was originally from...

I'm trying to get another one to do twins on my VQ35, and I just want both turbos to match...
spent27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #4990
iKxGaMeX

iKxGaMeX is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't get this damn tube off of my header to save my life. As long as I plug the whole on my new header, could I just cut off this pipe and weld it shut without making any other modification?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110311_234515.jpg (397.5 KB, 13 views)
iKxGaMeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #4991
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
The one prong is the cluster gauge. The clip is the ECU sensor. You could probably make one out of straight wire(rod). I have bought them and got them at the junkyard.
Aaah ok, thank you sir. I got a twist tie and used it for the time being so hopefully it holds up till i can get better wire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3fallout View Post
Bah, thank you. I mentioned to him in the email I was a first time customer and my car. If he doesn't answer in another 1-2 days I'm just going to spend the extra $30 to buy from clear corners. How long did it take for them to send it out to you?
From clearcorners, about 3 days to Illinois. I paid 250$ for the headlights and bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKxGaMeX View Post
I can't get this damn tube off of my header to save my life. As long as I plug the whole on my new header, could I just cut off this pipe and weld it shut without making any other modification?
That is called the EGR Tube, which leads to the EGR Valve. Look it up if you wanna know what its for, but pretty much you can remove it by plugging the hole with some thread sealant and the bung-plug for the O2 sensor on the new headers. There are many ways to plug the pipe, search EGR block off or EGR removal

Depending on if you have a california model or not, you may get CELs thrown if you remove it. I just stuffed shit in mine, and covered it with a rag for about 5 months until i finally removed the whole thing.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #4992
chiboy002
Post Whore!

do you guys know which wire is the Illumination wire that leads to the gauge clusters? I can't tell from the FSM, i found the (+) and (-) but idk which is for the lights.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #4993
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkel View Post
But seriously??? You really have to do an entire science project to slip on a solid shifter bushing lol...

I always thought you just push the bushing until it pops on
not really, it helps the bushing expand and the shifter contract so it doesn't stretch when i put it on. It fits like a glove and has minimal play, just like the oem one.

Salt + water + ice makes the ice melt slower, if you didn't know, and since my shifter was warm i used that to keep the ice longer... nothing special
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
It just helps with fitting together smoothly. I think your method worked just fine. Did it break? or show any cracks? If not, your good to go. Where did you pick one up at? I am looking for one.
The one he has is made of some metal, like my cusco one. Improved shift feel but i added some other stuff so idk by how much.

Frsport sell em, i'd just get the cusco since its a couple bucks more and apparently is better than the CS one...

Circuit Sports CS-SS-NS240B Solid Shifter Collar Bushing 240sx S13/14
Cusco 220 940 A Shifter Lever Collar Nissan 240sx S13/S14
Old 03-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #4994
sviellvoicae
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
sviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enoughsviellvoicae will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
two questions.

First what does disk mean on wheel sizes? Like this r-disk and o-disk?
Sizing: 18x9 +0 Front (R-Disk; Clears BBK), 18x10 +0 Rear (O-Disk)

Also is there anything you can do if you have rims that fit your lug pattern but done fit over the hub itslef? Like the circle center part of the wheel is smaller than the hub itself. Thanks
sviellvoicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #4995
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Schassis707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKxGaMeX View Post
I had the same problem, Get a big friend and a monkey wrench, put the cheater bar from the jack over the end and viola. With a shit ton of penetrating oil too. Oh and by the way there is an OE part that plugs off the egr and the AIV. Idk the part number i have them in my header and deleted the emissions with them. I know under there system it is call PLUG TAPER.
Schassis707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #4996
jdm240sx122
Zilvia Junkie

jdm240sx122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quik question, Will an S14 splash guard fit an S13 ???
jdm240sx122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #4997
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink godzila View Post
Question... LSD

Auto final drive vs manual final drive, differece?

Keep the auto and swap in a Nismo 2 way or find a manual punkin and final drive and swap in a Nismo 2 way?
The diff and FD are the same.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #4998
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sviellvoicae View Post
two questions.

First what does disk mean on wheel sizes? Like this r-disk and o-disk?
Sizing: 18x9 +0 Front (R-Disk; Clears BBK), 18x10 +0 Rear (O-Disk)

Also is there anything you can do if you have rims that fit your lug pattern but done fit over the hub itslef? Like the circle center part of the wheel is smaller than the hub itself. Thanks
if the hub bore doesnt fit (smaller than 66.1mm) then you can probably have a shop bore it out OR they sell hub-centric rings. I don't know how reliable a step-down ring would be though.

I may be wrong, but the disk size means how far 'offset' the spokes are from where the hub mounts. For example, a Lo-Disk would be very minimal clearance, so where the wheel meets the hub would be about 1-5mm more inward than where the back of the spoke is.

Usually you want a Hi-Disk if you have big brakes, as there is better clearance
Old 03-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #4999
jlm_photo

jlm_photo is an unknown quantity at this point
3 Questions: What is the clear tube that hangs down inside the bodywork in front of the wheel well? How do I get to the licence plate lights to unplug them and pull the wiring back into the passenger compartment? Last...what is the other clear tubing that runs beside the passenger seat under the door sill? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance!
jlm_photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #5000
180wanabe1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
180wanabe1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ if your talking about the rear wheel well then its for your sunroof drain it needs to be there, there are 4 of them by the way. also to remove the wiring you have to remove the bumper and theres a connector attached to the back of the bumper support that you have to unplugh.
180wanabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #5001
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

I wanted to clarify up some confusion i have. So this is my plan.
I want to swap the vlsd into my s13 pumpkin. Im confused with the whole output shaft swap with keeping my gear.
So, If i keep my gear from my diff, I dont need to swap the output shafts correct?
Ive just read about j30 abs pumpkins killing rear seals and carrier bearings, dont want to deal with all of that.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #5002
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Farkel
I'm trying to wire up a headunit to a Scosche or Metra wiring harness (95+ s14)

My question is, for the Black ground wire on the headunit's harness, do I screw it in directly to the car's chassis and ignore the black wire from the Metra harness... or can I connect the 2 wires together (harness to harness)?

Second question is, the Metra harness has a Black w/ White stripe Amp Ground Wire that's just hanging, where does that go?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #5003
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'm trying to wire up a headunit to a Scosche or Metra wiring harness (95+ s14)

My question is, for the Black ground wire on the headunit's harness, do I screw it in directly to the car's chassis and ignore the black wire from the Metra harness... or can I connect the 2 wires together (harness to harness)?

Second question is, the Metra harness has a Black w/ White stripe Amp Ground Wire that's just hanging, where does that go?
Yes use the car's chassis for the ground. I actually just used the lower mount for the stereo bracket

IIRC, That other ground just uses the factory harness as a ground for the amp.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #5004
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180wanabe1 View Post
^ if your talking about the rear wheel well then its for your sunroof drain it needs to be there, there are 4 of them by the way. also to remove the wiring you have to remove the bumper and theres a connector attached to the back of the bumper support that you have to unplugh.
no its for the power antenna, the ones for the sunroof go through the pillars
Old 03-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #5005
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Farkel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schassis707 View Post
Yes use the car's chassis for the ground. I actually just used the lower mount for the stereo bracket

IIRC, That other ground just uses the factory harness as a ground for the amp.

Hmmm okay so the headunit wiring harness's Black ground wire goes directly to chassis, what do I do with the Black ground wire coming off the Metra harness? Can I just remove it entirely?

I'm still not sure what to do with the Black/White Amplifier Ground wire coming off the Metra harness though...
Old 03-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #5006
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hmmm okay so the headunit wiring harness's Black ground wire goes directly to chassis, what do I do with the Black ground wire coming off the Metra harness? Can I just remove it entirely?

I'm still not sure what to do with the Black/White Amplifier Ground wire coming off the Metra harness though...
splice it into the stock harness and ground that to the chassis or ground both to the chassis. Transmission tunnel is easiest
Old 03-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #5007
SocalCirca

SocalCirca is an unknown quantity at this point
Noob question but, Does anyone know on average the price to ship coilovers from Cali to Florida? I haven't hit USPS yet and FedEx wants to know the weight. I need these out by Monday so I wanna be sure it's the right amount? I never shipped before so I don't need any problems. Thanks in advance guys!
SocalCirca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #5008
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalCirca View Post
Noob question but, Does anyone know on average the price to ship coilovers from Cali to Florida? I haven't hit USPS yet and FedEx wants to know the weight. I need these out by Monday so I wanna be sure it's the right amount? I never shipped before so I don't need any problems. Thanks in advance guys!
I shipped some PBM coils to my friend from CA to Las Vegas with 1000 dollar insurance via USPS for 40 bucks.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #5009
Neon_rain519
Zilvia Member

Neon_rain519 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wondering what bumper this is... Thank you
Neon_rain519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #5010
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_rain519 View Post
Just wondering what bumper this is... Thank you
Looks like your typical eBay "Nismo Racing Bumper".

AKA, "Sarona".