Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #4951
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yad View Post
imma take a pic tomorrow cuz here its dark already imma show you how that guy did that, but im looking for the connector
I will let you know which connector you will need on friday when I make it home.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #4952
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okinawandrifter87 View Post
I've looked with no results even looking in the fsm as well unless I overlooked it but there are 3 or 4 fuel hardlines under the s13 and I was wondering what each ones goes to or if someone has a diagram or can draw one or point me out to one? Reason I ask is cause one of the hard lines on my friends car has no rubber hoses connecting to it and I know that its suppose to have something going to it otherwise why would there be a hard line there lol. Im trying to figure out what is missing so I can replace it. Thanks in advance.
Fuel Feed
Fuel Return
Charcoal/Vent

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #4953
alexandria

Trader Rating: (0)
alexandria is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick question: I live in california and thinking of doing a swap in my 240. I have a dad that lives in Missouri that is willing to register and put my car in his name so I dont have to smog my car. Does anyone know if I'll eventually catch crap from cops about my car being out of state if I tell them I'm borrowing my dad's car? Let me know from any experiences you guys have had, thanks!
alexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #4954
Kemps
BANNED

Kemps is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandria View Post
Quick question: I live in california and thinking of doing a swap in my 240. I have a dad that lives in Missouri that is willing to register and put my car in his name so I dont have to smog my car. Does anyone know if I'll eventually catch crap from cops about my car being out of state if I tell them I'm borrowing my dad's car? Let me know from any experiences you guys have had, thanks!
If you have a job in California, are a resident, or rent an apartment, you have 10 days to register your vehicle. If you are just "visiting" in CA, you technically don't have to register your vehicle or get a CA driver's license as long as your home state license and registration is valid.
Kemps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #4955
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Farkel
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
my cusco one, assuming the circuit sports is a direct copy of the cusco one, fits great. I don't know how you put yours on but i dropped mine in boiling water and let it sit for like 5 minutes and held the shifter in a cup of water + ice + salt. Slid on, didn't stretch
But seriously??? You really have to do an entire science project to slip on a solid shifter bushing lol...

I always thought you just push the bushing until it pops on
Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #4956
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Fuel Feed
Fuel Return
Charcoal/Vent
I wasn't for sure on the vent, because I swear mine doesn't have one. There is so much damn pressure in my tank when I open the gas cap.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #4957
alexandria

alexandria is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemps View Post
If you have a job in California, are a resident, or rent an apartment, you have 10 days to register your vehicle. If you are just "visiting" in CA, you technically don't have to register your vehicle or get a CA driver's license as long as your home state license and registration is valid.
Yeah but if the vehicle is not under my name then does that even apply to me???
alexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #4958
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkel View Post
But seriously??? You really have to do an entire science project to slip on a solid shifter bushing lol...

It just helps with fitting together smoothly. I think your method worked just fine. Did it break? or show any cracks? If not, your good to go. Where did you pick one up at? I am looking for one.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #4959
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Fuel Feed
Fuel Return
Charcoal/Vent
Which one is the most inner one to the transmission tunnel?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #4960
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
It just helps with fitting together smoothly. I think your method worked just fine. Did it break? or show any cracks? If not, your good to go. Where did you pick one up at? I am looking for one.
Nope no cracks or anything, but like I said it fits big... I think it'll rattle once in the car. I got mine from Enjuku, you can get it from phase2 as well

Does anyone know where to get these Clear Corner Lights for Zenki S14s?

The Origin ones are backordered for a few months...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #4961
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Does anyone know where to get these Clear Corner Lights for Zenki S14s?

The Origin ones are backordered for a few months...
uuuuh, next time i highly suggest you search "zenki clear corners"

but for now, Vertex Zenki S14 Diamond Cut Corner Lights :: 95-96 240sx Zenki :: Nissan :: Vertex USA

vertex clears. Pretty sure origin copied
Old 03-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #4962
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

hey buddy, they're not in stock either

By "Does anyone know where to get these Clear Corner Lights for Zenki S14s?" I mean does anyone know where to get them that's IN STOCK
Old 03-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #4963
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
Question... LSD

Auto final drive vs manual final drive, differece?

Keep the auto and swap in a Nismo 2 way or find a manual punkin and final drive and swap in a Nismo 2 way?
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #4964
Cali KiD 240

Cali KiD 240 is an unknown quantity at this point
quick question: I was wondering why my windshield wipers suddenly stopped working on my s13. Then I changed the fuse since it was blown, it began working again, but that didn't last very long because later that night i wasn't able to use them! So I'm wondering why do my fuses keep getting blown?
Cali KiD 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #4965
AnotherZenkiKid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AnotherZenkiKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AnotherZenkiKid
just bought a s14 transmission i was wondering how do i determine what year it is?
the guy i bought it from doesnt know
AnotherZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #4966
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
my SR wont turn over and all my crap is just tweaking out.
i turn the ignition key off and pull the key out EGI relay starts to make noises and wont stop and my tachnometer tweaks out like the needle points straight up and the lights on the cluster would not go off(not all the lights though) i have all my wiring connected except for the A/C cuz i took it out. i have my battery relocated in the trunk.

edited: as soon as i connect the battery the EGI relay starts to make noise, and when i turn the ignition key to on position and attemp to start it. it wouldnt turn over or crank, just clicks and as i turn the ignition off the tach starts to tweak and needle points up, even when i pull the key off. some of the lights on the cluster stay on too. also when my tail lights go on? so im really thinking its a wiring problem. but i checked all the wiring, everything is good. not all the connectors are plugged in because i dont have everything back together yet(my car is stripped). i checked all the grounds and everything is good.

i also switched both 12v(green) relays EGI and EGI pump and it doesnt make a difference. so nothing is wrong with the relay
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #4967
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dominic Axelson
Quick question, I just installed new oem brake calipers in the rear of my s13. But when I was putting the cable back on one of the calipers I pulled it out about an inch or so. I was pulling pretty hard when it happened. My question is how can I adjust this back to normal? Thanks, Dominic
Dominic Axelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #4968
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
did you have the e-brake handle up or down when you attempted to do that?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #4969
Kr240sx
Leaky Injector

Kr240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Im just removing my Rear upper control and when i went to loosen the nut off the bolt in the inside of the wheel well it sheared off. I should have no problem getting this out but can you buy these nuts and bolts at any store or will I need to order oem ones from Nissan?
Kr240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #4970
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherZenkiKid View Post
just bought a s14 transmission i was wondering how do i determine what year it is?
the guy i bought it from doesnt know
Does it have a vin number on it?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #4971
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Dominic Axelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
did you have the e-brake handle up or down when you attempted to do that?
Down

Message length
Dominic Axelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #4972
OLDSCHOOLRICER
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
OLDSCHOOLRICER is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
where can i buy adapters from 4 lug to 5 lug 4x114.3>5x114.3? i search and really come up with a place to get them. and no i dont want to go with a 5 lug swap right now
OLDSCHOOLRICER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #4973
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr240sx View Post
Im just removing my Rear upper control and when i went to loosen the nut off the bolt in the inside of the wheel well it sheared off. I should have no problem getting this out but can you buy these nuts and bolts at any store or will I need to order oem ones from Nissan?
inside or out? Inside are special camber adjustment bolts. Outside are pretty standard, though it would only cost a couple bucks at the dealer.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #4974
pepe123
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
pepe123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when u guys are doing a mild wire tuck on a k24de, arte u guys running ALL those wire on the top harness through the the intake mani??? i extended my injector wire already and im thinking of running all the wire through the mani.
pepe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #4975
hartig
Zilvia Member

hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
so i just bought a new isis radiator + hoses.. i installed them and they both seem to be working properly..
but today (its raining outside..) i noticed a shit ton of steam coming from the radiator..

wtf? there is some coolant on my LCA.. has anyone else had a problem with an isis radiator? i have the worst luck, i swear..

so my question is.. could the rain be causing the steam on the hot radiator or is a leak to blame?
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #4976
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:

That's what happens when you get a cheap part. Get a BM and install it as stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
I wasn't for sure on the vent, because I swear mine doesn't have one. There is so much damn pressure in my tank when I open the gas cap.
It's a 20 year old car, the vents suck.

Quote:
hey buddy, they're not in stock either

By "Does anyone know where to get these Clear Corner Lights for Zenki S14s?" I mean does anyone know where to get them that's IN STOCK
Why would you ever expect anyone to know that? Search for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSCHOOLRICER View Post
where can i buy adapters from 4 lug to 5 lug 4x114.3>5x114.3? i search and really come up with a place to get them. and no i dont want to go with a 5 lug swap right now
Have you ever used google? Either way that's a pretty dumbass idea. For the cost of good adapters, the 5 lug swap isn't much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe123 View Post
when u guys are doing a mild wire tuck on a k24de, arte u guys running ALL those wire on the top harness through the the intake mani??? i extended my injector wire already and im thinking of running all the wire through the mani.
Why not just run them underneath the intake?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #4977
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Made a thread on Engine Tech but yeah:

I had to go pick my sister up and after I had to get some gas when I first started my car, the idle level was at 1,000 RPM which is fine. It's pretty hot out in Cali so I turned the AC on. Picked my sister up, drove to the gas station filled the car up and when I started the car, the car started to idle below 1,000 RPM. Like maybe around 500. My car usually idles above 1K and now it's below.

I checked my oil and the oil is right on top of the first line... I'm not sure if that makes sense but here's a little illustration:
if this was the end of the dipstick ---> (====|XXXXX| <----the oil level is here on the first line closest to the part that you pull

Can anybody help me out, I've got class in a couple of hours and I'd like to know before I take it to a shop
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #4978
k3fallout

k3fallout is an unknown quantity at this point
To anyone who has ordered Cibie headlights from Daniel Stern Lighting, how long did he take to answer your email and take your order? I haven't gotten a response in 2 days now.
k3fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #4979
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3fallout View Post
To anyone who has ordered Cibie headlights from Daniel Stern Lighting, how long did he take to answer your email and take your order? I haven't gotten a response in 2 days now.
emailed him once, took about 3-4 days for him to respond "what application is this for"

i said "1991 Nissan 240sx 200mm housing"

Hasn't answered since.. I then bought the headlights through clearcorners, mind this was roughly 7 months ago. Still no answer
Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #4980
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Which is the red sensor (coolant temp sensor?) on the s13 ka24de right before the bleeder screw?

I have both the 1 prong and the clip one...

Anyways, the red one that has the spring retainer, can i just replace it with any good ol wire or should it be a spring type? Mine shot off into the engine bay somewhere and i can't find it