Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #4891
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennex06 View Post
I got a problem, I hosed down my engine and now my car wont start. I checked the maf, cleaned/ dried up the plugs, changed out the ignition coil, wiped down the cap and rotor, checked the fuses and fusible links, etc. pretty much the fuel pump primes, the car turns over but it wont start. Im not getting any spark from anywhere. Any idea what the problem could be?
Has always been my biggest fear. Did you disconnect the battery when you did it? I degreased my engine but only around the valve cover, then used a cup to rinse it. But I let the car sit in the sun>with the batt disconnnected< for about 5 hours before i turned it on, and thats after I used the blower to dry it
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #4892
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
O hello I was going to ask a q too...

so searched and got two answerrs... What are the weights for the stock base 4 lug 97 240 15 inch wheels, MESH style I guess you can say. I got 15 lbs or 18 lbs. can anyone confirm?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #4893
rwdaccordswtf
Leaky Injector

rwdaccordswtf is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to rwdaccordswtf
I have a s13 open diff, pulled the gear box out to get it plate welded had no idea this came out and the DIY of pulling it out I used didnt mention this part and I have no idea where it goes I know its not the 2 small spacers you put on the other piece that goes on the bearings so wtf is it?

rwdaccordswtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #4894
Origin
Zilvia Member

Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a turbo that came with m car, the serial number says its a T-23753 but is not listed on their website. It is a genuine turbonetics. Turbonetics 50 trim .63 T3/T4 polished is what the for sale page said, but there is no t3/t4 on their website. Only t3/to4e(B). Can anyone help? I don't have pictures right now.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #4895
lennex06
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
lennex06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lennex06 Send a message via Yahoo to lennex06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
Has always been my biggest fear. Did you disconnect the battery when you did it? I degreased my engine but only around the valve cover, then used a cup to rinse it. But I let the car sit in the sun>with the batt disconnnected< for about 5 hours before i turned it on, and thats after I used the blower to dry it
no i didnt disconnect the battery. My friend does this to his car every time he washes his car to keep the engine bay clean and it starts up every time. anybody else have some insight?
lennex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #4896
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Farkel
How crucial is to tuck up the wiring harness under the front fenders? Can you get away with not doing it on a S14 if you're lowered, but not ridiculously slammed
Old 03-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #4897
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
^you're gonna need to still tuck the harness. my friend is only 3-4inches high, from the front lip, and he rubbed his harness a little bit.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #4898
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
180SX headlights with NSX headlight coversion, are they still motorized or do they then become fixed to only be sleepy eye or full ?

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #4899
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
My OEM DIN pocket is 7 1/4" x 2 1/4"
thanks brotato - it should be the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by anton1o View Post
180SX headlights with NSX headlight coversion, are they still motorized or do they then become fixed to only be sleepy eye or full ?
they become sleepy/permanent cause the nsx headlights don't come up as much so theyll angle super high up on 180sx
Old 03-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #4900
Origin
Zilvia Member

Between the Apexi Power FC and AEM EMS which is better for a ka-t? Is there a page somewhere discussing this?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #4901
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton1o View Post

You would probably have to do a fixed sleepy eye

towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #4902
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
Between the Apexi Power FC and AEM EMS which is better for a ka-t? Is there a page somewhere discussing this?
KA-T.org - The Home of 1000+ whp/7 sec Turbo KA's
Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #4903
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanerwitasr20 View Post
this might be a stupid question thats already been asked but how do i remove the intake manifold from an sr20?
i need to get to one of the coolant hoses underneath it.

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance
search: intake manifold removal. Read past the first 3 results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timinthehood View Post
im getting 14mpg, my idle is fine, but my iacv is not responding to adjustment, the maf is at the right voltage, could it be my O2 sensor?
Could be multiple things...did you try pulling codes? Crapped out O2's will certainly do that though. If KA, so will faulty ignition components as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13.4coupe View Post
i want slip on spacers, i dont need them i just want a wider stance, im getting the arp extended studs,as for the spacers has anyone used the spacers they sell at pepboys or advance? are they any good? and would a 10mm spacer make a noticeable difference?...thank you!
They are all the same stuff. THANKFULLY you know to run longer studs, unlike so many haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennex06 View Post
I got a problem, I hosed down my engine and now my car wont start. I checked the maf, cleaned/ dried up the plugs, changed out the ignition coil, wiped down the cap and rotor, checked the fuses and fusible links, etc. pretty much the fuel pump primes, the car turns over but it wont start. Im not getting any spark from anywhere. Any idea what the problem could be?
See if you are getting spark at the sparkplugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdaccordswtf View Post
I have a s13 open diff, pulled the gear box out to get it plate welded had no idea this came out and the DIY of pulling it out I used didnt mention this part and I have no idea where it goes I know its not the 2 small spacers you put on the other piece that goes on the bearings so wtf is it?
It's a large spacer. that goes between the shim and the actual side of of the differential case, on the passenger side.

Here is an FSM page that I found after about 2 seconds of google searching for 's13 differential teardown' as I couldn't remember for the life of me which side it went on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkel View Post
How crucial is to tuck up the wiring harness under the front fenders? Can you get away with not doing it on a S14 if you're lowered, but not ridiculously slammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
^you're gonna need to still tuck the harness. my friend is only 3-4inches high, from the front lip, and he rubbed his harness a little bit.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #4904
Origin
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I have a turbo that came with m car, the serial number says its a T-23753 but is not listed on their website. It is a genuine turbonetics. Turbonetics 50 trim .63 T3/T4 polished is what the for sale page said, but there is no t3/t4 on their website. Only t3/to4e(B). Can anyone help? I don't have pictures right now.
This. anyone have a clue?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #4905
s13.4coupe

s13.4coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
im trying to change my headlight, but the screws on the metal trim wont come out even with pb blaster..if i brake the trim off is there a way to hold the headlight? would the plastic hold them in place?...help me! i need to drive at night
s13.4coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #4906
towlie
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13.4coupe View Post
im trying to change my headlight, but the screws on the metal trim wont come out even with pb blaster..if i brake the trim off is there a way to hold the headlight? would the plastic hold them in place?...help me! i need to drive at night
As you can see here, the plastic trim is just a cover (#8)
The top metal plate/cover does not support anything. (#9)
The headlight support bracket (#5) is held on by 4-5 bolts and will not be affected by removing any trim

Old 03-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #4907
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Ah K, yep understand now how if you would have them at Full Open the entire headlight would be pointing to the sky, Looks like they have to be fixed at the correct pointing angle.

Thanks chiboy & towlie.

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #4908
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
This. anyone have a clue?
That's what it is.

T3/T4 is just a generic forum name/abbreviation that people use for the T3/T04x (x being a variable letter to determine housing type). Turbos.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #4909
06sti
Leaky Injector

06sti is an unknown quantity at this point
will s14 se 5 lug hubs fit directly into a non se s14 or would i have to switch anything out?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #4910
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sti View Post
will s14 se 5 lug hubs fit directly into a non se s14 or would i have to switch anything out?

Remember when you were in highschool and you had to type up a report about, I dunno, Frogs. You don't know shit about toads, so you went to google, or the magazine search thingy, and typed in 'Frogs'...and that got you results. Then you needed to find out how Frogs's mated and whatever. So you typed in, 'Frogs Mating' or 'Frogs reproducing'...

...well that same sort of stuff applies to cars, and the car forum. Instead of sifting through 8 pages of false wiki pages, and other shit, the forums have a search button. You type in 's14 hub swap' or something like that into the search and you read through the results...or you even goto google and do it.

When well these guys realize tis isn't the 'Small questions thread, post hhere instead of searching' thread...the last 10 pages have been full of the same nonsense.

PS: In case you wanted to know, here are two toads humping at the pond back at my parents house. Pretty load for being so little. Croaking and stuff.

Unrelated, but it works.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #4911
towlie
Post Whore!

Codyace- awesome.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #4912
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Codyace, I love you. LOL. No homo
Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #4913
06sti
Leaky Injector

06sti is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post

Remember when you were in highschool and you had to type up a report about, I dunno, Frogs. You don't know shit about toads, so you went to google, or the magazine search thingy, and typed in 'Frogs'...and that got you results. Then you needed to find out how Frogs's mated and whatever. So you typed in, 'Frogs Mating' or 'Frogs reproducing'...

...well that same sort of stuff applies to cars, and the car forum. Instead of sifting through 8 pages of false wiki pages, and other shit, the forums have a search button. You type in 's14 hub swap' or something like that into the search and you read through the results...or you even goto google and do it.

When well these guys realize tis isn't the 'Small questions thread, post hhere instead of searching' thread...the last 10 pages have been full of the same nonsense.

PS: In case you wanted to know, here are two toads humping at the pond back at my parents house. Pretty load for being so little. Croaking and stuff.

Unrelated, but it works.

cool thanks dick..
Old 03-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #4914
vtund777
Zilvia Member

vtund777 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vtund777
OK here's an odd Q as this is bothering me. I like to keep my car nice and clean inside and outside. After cleaning the interior, I notice that after a week the interior builds up a good amount of dirt and dust. I keep my windows shut and recirculate the air, but it seems as if there isn't a filter keeping the dirt out from the vents. I know the car doesn't have a cabin filter. Is it possible that I'm getting dirt filtering past the door jams in between the door weather stripping? I got rid of my wheel wells and have reason to believe that this is contributing as well, but all my air vents are covered with dirt and dust. Any suggestions to keeping a clean interior?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:35 AM   #4915
BradGriffith1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
BradGriffith1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtund777 View Post
OK here's an odd Q as this is bothering me. I like to keep my car nice and clean inside and outside. After cleaning the interior, I notice that after a week the interior builds up a good amount of dirt and dust. I keep my windows shut and recirculate the air, but it seems as if there isn't a filter keeping the dirt out from the vents. I know the car doesn't have a cabin filter. Is it possible that I'm getting dirt filtering past the door jams in between the door weather stripping? I got rid of my wheel wells and have reason to believe that this is contributing as well, but all my air vents are covered with dirt and dust. Any suggestions to keeping a clean interior?
The earth has dirt... keep cleaning, keep it under a cover, or don't drive it.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 AM   #4916
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtund777 View Post
you removed your wheel wells or the lining?

The lining will cause a lot of shit to come into the cabin, since air flow is directed right into the door seam instead of under the car now. These cars are old as hell too, the foam seals on all the vents and all the piping has been long worn out, they're dry and don't really serve a purpose anymore. The dust behind the dashboard probably is sucked in with that and gets blown into the cabin rather than staying behind the dash. The weather stripping might not be so much of a problem but it also adds to this, seeing as those are probably going out as well.

Solution? There isn't really much you can do other than completely get rid of all the dust everywhere in the car and clean it routinely, removing most of the dust will keep it from recirculating but more will always continue to come into the car.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #4917
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sti View Post
cool thanks dick..
Your welcome...but my name's Ace?

Old 03-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #4918
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I have a 96 240sx it was converted to 5 speed. Check engine light for neutral position switch and knock sensor. My question is if I get the 96 manual ecu for it and a new knock sensor the check engine light will go away right?
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #4919
towlie
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
you removed your wheel wells or the lining?

The lining will cause a lot of shit to come into the cabin, since air flow is directed right into the door seam instead of under the car now. These cars are old as hell too, the foam seals on all the vents and all the piping has been long worn out, they're dry and don't really serve a purpose anymore. The dust behind the dashboard probably is sucked in with that and gets blown into the cabin rather than staying behind the dash. The weather stripping might not be so much of a problem but it also adds to this, seeing as those are probably going out as well.

Solution? There isn't really much you can do other than completely get rid of all the dust everywhere in the car and clean it routinely, removing most of the dust will keep it from recirculating but more will always continue to come into the car.
If you really wanted to get anal about it you could buy a bunch of spray foam insulation and go crazy.

Overkill, if you ask me.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #4920
imverus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
imverus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i have 17x9 +12 215/40/17 up front and 17x9.5 +12 235/40/17 in the back..

What camber specs will i need for it to be flush but not crazy flush, It'll be my daily driver.

I have coils and full arms, i'll roll my fenders if i need to.
imverus is offline   Reply With Quote