Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #451
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Thanks dudes!

The car is on the road- drove it for the first time yesterday in just over nine months. Still working on setting the timing and adjusting the idle because it idles low and wants to stall sometimes right now. Then it will be off to Monkey Wrench Racing for a dyno tune. It felt great to drive the car and see it out and about- I really missed it!

My family came out last night to visit and see the new house all set up, so it was an awesome day to have the car out. My grandpa thought it was pretty awesome, haha:

With my brother's new car:

So yeah- just little details and a tune now. I'm hoping to have it tuned, insured, and the front ride height set a bit lower by late next week. Really good feeling to have it back on the road!

*I'm having some issues with ImageShack- some images are being cut off. I'll get the pics all fixed up tonight when I get home.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:04 PM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #452
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Damn that thing looks bad ass CamryOnBronze you should post a vid of the car driving if you can
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #453
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Looks Awesome, what exhaust is that?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #454
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
congrats! glad to see all the hard work paid off ! she came out super clean man,

now enjoy her!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #455
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Soo beautiful! One of my favorite cars on the entire board.
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #456
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
you win,......i quit
Old 07-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #457
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Grandpa represent!!! It's nice to see it on all fours! I love it!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #458
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Clean..... Subtle......Detailed.............................. .....FANTASTIC!!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #459
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Looks awesome, especially that shot from the back! Great work and I guess all that hard work was worth persevering for and getting it done right! 9 months later, what a great outcome.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #460
40cal
BANNED

40cal is an unknown quantity at this point
that is one clean hatch.
makes me want one again.
40cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #461
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Thanks for all of the compliments guys, I really appreciate it! It's an awesome feeling to have the car actually start up and drive again after all of that work- there were so many things that I learned to do during this last rebuild session, it's a lot of fun!

Now it's off to drop some coin on tuning... ugh. When will it end?! lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #462
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

Now it's off to drop some coin on tuning... ugh. When will it end?! lol.
NEVER!!!! You wallet will hate you for the rest of your life when it comes to cars...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #463
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
looking great. It's nice to see it out on the road again.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #464
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks dudes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Looks Awesome, what exhaust is that?
I forgot to respond, sorry man- the catback is from D-Max.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #465
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yea you told me you would make me a sound clip, so i can keep drooling b/c i went BC instead
Old 07-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #466
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got my vent gauge pod and angle rings today.
any tricks or tips for installing?
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #467
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

haha you're right Dori, I will make a sound clip and a video as soon as the car is tuned!

As for the vent pod, I just filed the holes down a bit so that the gauges would fit in on an angle. I also sprayed it with some textured black rustoleum. I used some "Automotive Goop" adhesive to hook the gauges to the rings, the rings to the pod, and the pod to the dash. It dries but stays pliable so that you can remove everything completely if you ever need to take it out for any reason. I think Toby made a better system with some brackets, but I am lazier than he is, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #468
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Broadfield Gauge Package Broadfield's Blog
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #469
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
I'm proud of you fella.

I can say I wasn't to pleased with the orig State/direction of your car in its early days of this thread.Attention to detail even then was Spot on.Just Exterior was where you Flipped it ALL around.

Kouki Aero is always a Great way to go.N1 vents up front and You WIN!Thats all i could possibly add.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #470
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
perfect car. I love to see threads like this, excellent! Congratulations!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #471
kennyword1

kennyword1 is an unknown quantity at this point
dam great job just went thru the whole thread!!!
kennyword1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:46 AM   #472
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks a lot guys!

And thanks MrFairlady- looking back, I am for sure not a fan of the CF pieces. The hatch looked kinda cool, but I do like the new look a lot better. I am considering some N1 vents for the front for sure- the painter I used for a lot of the aero was a hack job, so I might need to have the front bumper resprayed at the end of the season anyway- it would be a great time to add the vents.

And thanks for the link Kyles1988, that's exactly what I was thinking of. You're the one that takes a lot of Toby's pics, right? I'd love to make it down there to chill with you guys sometime!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-31-2010, 10:03 AM   #473
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I take a lot of his pictures. He's due for a serious re-shoot but we're both really busy. It really spoils me shooting a car as spotless as his, then when I go to shoot another car I have to hide certain aspects of the car because they're not presentable.

Your hatch build (along with kuRuptR's, admittedly) made me realize I really want to sell my coupe and pick a hatch up haha.

I'll try to talk Toby into doing another Nissan guy cookout this year. That might be out of the question though as I think he'll have another munchkin runnin around his house come fall. He did a cookout 2 or 3 years ago and invited a bunch of Nissan guys from the forums over to chill for a while then go for a cruise around town.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #474
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
omg ur car is way to orgasmic!i love it and its my inspiration to mine and a billion other builds..
angel mkiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #475
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

That would be sweet Kyle, I'd love to meet him in person sometime and see the shop! I totally know what you mean with being busy, life gets crazy for sure- I forgot that I read that Toby has another little one on the way- crazy! It cracks me up when my car gets compared to his once in a while... mine is not so pretty in real life, haha.

Thanks angel mkiv, haha. I haven't been on the Nissan scene for very long, but there are for sure some very inspirational cars on here- I don't think my car would have come out nearly as nice if it weren't for the people and cars I met that influenced my choices on this forum!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #476
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
180sx

Beautiful. That's all I can say. You did a very good job Damon. It's funny that I had to check Zilvia instead of your own blog to see pictures. I also think your Granpa will be the coolest Granpa if he owns your car.
Hey Kyle. I will be coming to pick up my car next week end. I hope to see you that day and chill with you and Toby. I will be bringing some drinks.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:07 PM   #477
WholeGrainS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
WholeGrainS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Legit 240. How did you remove the sound deadening if you dont mind me asking?
WholeGrainS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #478
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks! I used a hammer and chisel for most of the sound deadening- dry ice for the tricky spots.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #479
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
Nacho_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
This is by far my favorite thread on zilvia. Your car has been an inspiration to me even before all the kouki aero.

Do you mind sharing how you installed the type x lip? Did you have to drill into the bumper side extensions on the side facing the wheel-well?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #480
j20accord00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
j20accord00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to j20accord00
car came out great man. your a lucky guy to still have your grandpa around to share cool moments like this with.

enjoy the time man!