Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #421
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Here's my personal album from work today. + a short video. Enjoy.

Picasa Web Albums - Daniel Pham - Ice Cream San...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX4btquQzUE

Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #422
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
We're less than two hours away from the Hong Kong event.

7pm pst.

androiddevelopers's Channel - YouTube for the live stream. Be there for the latest news.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #423
ReaperBJJ
Leaky Injector

ReaperBJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Soooo, I rooted my droid x2 and used titanium back-up to wipe some bloat where. I must have missed backing up something I deleted because now I can't get the new ota update to work. I tried temporarily unrooting it but the update still fails when I try to install the update. What are my options?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #424
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
4G for VZW just went live in my area this morning and it's AWESOME. Almost makes me like my Droid Charge again.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #425
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperBJJ View Post
Soooo, I rooted my droid x2 and used titanium back-up to wipe some bloat where. I must have missed backing up something I deleted because now I can't get the new ota update to work. I tried temporarily unrooting it but the update still fails when I try to install the update. What are my options?

i think if you sbf back to froyo using rsd lite you should be able to then get the ota update. or you can download a 2.3.4 sbf file and use pete's one button root if you want to remain rooted.

at least that's what i did for my dx2 since i wanted to have a rooted 2.4.3

ps. daniel you have a fun job i'm jealous
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #426
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I really like what I see in ICS and I can't wait to pick up the Galaxy Nexus!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #427
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Here's what we've been working on for the past few months. A little preview of ICS and the Galaxy Nexus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpLjvrKtOT4
Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #428
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
When will the US get the phone? I heard Nov.10.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #429
Daniel.
Post Whore!

That hasn't been announced yet.

Some more cool stuff.
Exclusive: Matias Duarte on the philosophy of Android, and an in-depth look at Ice Cream Sandwich | This is my next...

Check out the home page for This is my next... too. Lost of great articles on ICS there.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #430
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Fuck. First no S2 now i must wait forever for this! I also read a early July release.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #431
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Why would it take nine months to release this device when it's clearly almost baked?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #432
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why Google doesn't (and shouldn't) care about tablets yet - CNN.com
Old 10-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #433
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
got my Samsung Infuse about 3 days ago, my first smartphone (droid) i love it, but im lost as to what good apps, n widgets i should get on it first. any help?

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #434
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
I call BS on that article. It has some good points but it should care and it does. Or they wouldn't have put out any version for tablets at all.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #435
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyflip445 View Post
I call BS on that article. It has some good points but it should care and it does. Or they wouldn't have put out any version for tablets at all.
You should check out the link I posted. Matias' interview should shed some light on why we released Honeycomb in the first place.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #436
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I need some help. I'm getting frustrated as hell with my phone.

I have the original Droid and I'm constantly getting the "low space" icon at the top. I hardly have any apps and the majority of the apps I've moved to the SD card. The SD card still has like 13.43GB of space available and the internal phone storage has 26.09MB.

I'm constantly deleting my texts messages, and then going in and clearing the cache from some apps and clearing the data (which sucks because then I have to re-log into shit) and I'm still getting the message on almost a daily basis, until I got an delete shit.

What am I missing? Is there stuff being stored somewhere that I'm missing that I can delete? Like pics? Like for instance when I capture a pic in a text, is that going somewhere specifically other then just in the text?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #437
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
You should check out the link I posted. Matias' interview should shed some light on why we released Honeycomb in the first place.
I think people are taking the one quote out of context though. He's obviously very passionate about the Android experience. Because of this, Honeycomb was made to stop "silly things like taking a phone UI and stretching it out to a 10-inch tablet."

So why would you revise an entire OS to keep people from doing that? Because they care about the experience people have on a tablet. Everyone has their own opinion but the title of the article posted by CNN just rubbed me the wrong way. It's sounded as if to say that,"Hey, you should just buy an Ipad!" Which is not the case for everyone.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #438
s14>integra
Zilvia Member

s14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

I have the original Droid and I'm constantly getting the "low space" icon at the top. I hardly have any apps and the majority of the apps I've moved to the SD card. The SD card still has like 13.43GB of space available and the internal phone storage has 26.09MB.

I'm constantly deleting my texts messages, and then going in and clearing the cache from some apps and clearing the data (which sucks because then I have to re-log into shit) and I'm still getting the message on almost a daily basis, until I got an delete shit.

What am I missing? Is there stuff being stored somewhere that I'm missing that I can delete? Like pics? Like for instance when I capture a pic in a text, is that going somewhere specifically other then just in the text?
maybe you should check if the storage for your camera is your phone or if its your sd card. that could be whats taking up all your space.
s14>integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #439
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My friend just got a Transformer on the Black Friday sale. It has the same issues I have had with the ipad. Trying to run phone apps on the tablet. At least the app store has separate sections for iphone/ipad.

Is there a way to make the android/amazon store to only show tablet apps?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #440
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Someone explain to my why my HTC Evo hasn't been able to connect to wifi since updating to 2.3.3? I called HTC and they said they don't know why... WTF?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #441
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
My friend just got a Transformer on the Black Friday sale. It has the same issues I have had with the ipad. Trying to run phone apps on the tablet. At least the app store has separate sections for iphone/ipad.

Is there a way to make the android/amazon store to only show tablet apps?
The short answer is no.

The long answer is below:

The thing is that we don't want to separate the applications into different buckets. The crappy thing to do would be to force developers to spend engineering resources developing the same app in parallel for both tablets and phones and to create a separate app for each.

The short term problem is that not all applications (read most apps on Android Market) are not optimized for tablets (XLARGE screens in the device manifest).

The long term solution is Ice Cream Sandwich. The latest platform release allows for thousands of new APIs which lets developers make one application optimized for any screen size or form factor.

You have to look at the Android device ecosystem and realize that there are so many different hardware form factors currently available, and dozens more coming to market. It's extremely limited to categorize them as just phones or tablets. It makes much more sense to make one app which will work on any device running android regardless of form factor.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #442
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Where is the Galaxy Nexus/ Prime!?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #443
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Ya that started happening with my LG. Turns out the phone needs at least 25mb of free space at all times to operate properly. Once you go under that it starts telling your storage space is low. Oh and it starts messing with your text messaging saying your text messaging is full and refuses incoming texts even if you only have like 5 texts stored.

Blame part of it on the phone manufacturer installing bloatware, you will hate or never use on the phone for adding to the problem.

LG stuck a bunch of crap I would love to delete and the only way to delete it is to root the phone and install a custom rom. I just want my phone to work without having to much with constant customization because the manufacturer could not leave well enough alone.

That is way the best Android Phones are the ones with Plain old Android and nothing custom.

I.E. Nexus line, etc....

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #444
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
Where is the Galaxy Nexus/ Prime!?
It's already out in Europe. HSPA+ version though. If you want it now, buy it through Expansys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya that started happening with my LG. Turns out the phone needs at least 25mb of free space at all times to operate properly. Once you go under that it starts telling your storage space is low. Oh and it starts messing with your text messaging saying your text messaging is full and refuses incoming texts even if you only have like 5 texts stored.

Blame part of it on the phone manufacturer installing bloatware, you will hate or never use on the phone for adding to the problem.

LG stuck a bunch of crap I would love to delete and the only way to delete it is to root the phone and install a custom rom. I just want my phone to work without having to much with constant customization because the manufacturer could not leave well enough alone.

That is way the best Android Phones are the ones with Plain old Android and nothing custom.

I.E. Nexus line, etc....
+1 to that.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #445
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
How much capacity does the phone have if you have began to take it all the way down to 25MB free? It must be tiny!

I believe that now that the phones are 'faster' bloatware is not to much of an issue, with the Galaxy S II in Australia we get ALOT of bloatware but since the phone is so much most people dont touch roms, or rooting etc.. Most leave as is cause they are more than happy with it, even Tech people..

With the Galaxy S I though because speed/battery life wasn't achievable on the stock rom everybody began to play with custom roms instantly.

Atleast 50% of the people i know who were doing custom roms on the SI stopped doing it when they moved to the SII just because they saw no need to do it.

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #446
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton1o View Post
How much capacity does the phone have if you have began to take it all the way down to 25MB free? It must be tiny!

I believe that now that the phones are 'faster' bloatware is not to much of an issue, with the Galaxy S II in Australia we get ALOT of bloatware but since the phone is so much most people dont touch roms, or rooting etc.. Most leave as is cause they are more than happy with it, even Tech people..

With the Galaxy S I though because speed/battery life wasn't achievable on the stock rom everybody began to play with custom roms instantly.

Atleast 50% of the people i know who were doing custom roms on the SI stopped doing it when they moved to the SII just because they saw no need to do it.
Well most likely only the latest and greatest have enough internal memory not to run into the problem but it all depends on the manufacturer. A lot of manufacturers still only put 512k internal memory with the the thought that because you have a memory card its fine. The minimum memory needed on any smartphone is at least 1GB and only a few are currently being manufacturer with that amount the SG SII being one of them.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #447
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Daniel- Should I get the Rezound or wait for the Nexus? Im tired of Tmobile and planning on going Verizon soon. Big HTC fan, but hate tmobile network. What do you think? should I wait?

Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #448
Daniel.
Post Whore!

If you're interested in an overweight, gimmicky phone then get the Rezound. If you're interested in something cutting edge, beautiful, slim, light, then get the Nexus.

The Droid Razr is also great.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #449
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
a buddy of mine mentioned that we should be getting an update for droid x2 to ice cream sandwich a couple days ago.. anyone know of an expected date for when that should happen?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #450
Daniel.
Post Whore!

The SDK was just released a few weeks ago, so probably not till the end Q1. Verizon has to do their carrier testing on it as well.