Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #4351
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post

disclaimer: i actually do watch MCM sometimes and realize most of what they do is just fucking around, but $10k+ into a subaru to run low 12's is kind of lame

Truth.

They dump shit tons into that car with the starting premise of "building a $500 junker".

Could have spent another $1,000 and had a sweat GC WRX/STI roller to build on.

As far as sleep... It's turbo, are you really fooling anyone?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #4352
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^until you step on it, probably yeah. Not saying it's worth the money or that I would do it, but 12 seconds is shitting on any kid in an sti assuming it's relatively stock, and making him extremely mad doing it.

Also:

Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:53 PM   #4353
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Truth.

They dump shit tons into that car with the starting premise of "building a $500 junker".

Could have spent another $1,000 and had a sweat GC WRX/STI roller to build on.

As far as sleep... It's turbo, are you really fooling anyone?
what crack are you smoking?? there are no $12000 wrx/sti's that will run an 11 second pass.. an 11 second wrx is 3 seconds faster than its stock time, so substantial work would need to go into it to get it there..

Also that defeats the purpose of the entire series because a wrx is the exact opposite of a 'sleeper'.. Building an 11 second sleeper with 10ish grand is nowhere near as easy as you are making it out to be..
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:19 AM   #4354
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180 View Post
what crack are you smoking?? there are no $12000 wrx/sti's that will run an 11 second pass.. an 11 second wrx is 3 seconds faster than its stock time, so substantial work would need to go into it to get it there..

Also that defeats the purpose of the entire series because a wrx is the exact opposite of a 'sleeper'.. Building an 11 second sleeper with 10ish grand is nowhere near as easy as you are making it out to be..
he obviously didnt mean buy an already running and driving wrx or sti....

also this legacy they claim to be an "11 second car" ran a slew of 12 second passes and ran very high 11's one time in the best conditions

sounds like a 12 second car to me
Old 05-11-2015, 01:49 AM   #4355
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
They are doing this sort of silly stuff to keep it interesting for themselves and their viewers. If they would be serious all the time the show probably wouldn't be as popular as it is. Which would cause them to have a lower budget/less sponsorships making it impossible to build a serious car like Gramps from time to time. And as their audience is still growing I can only see the show getting better.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:25 AM   #4356
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
he obviously didnt mean buy an already running and driving wrx or sti....

also this legacy they claim to be an "11 second car" ran a slew of 12 second passes and ran very high 11's one time in the best conditions

sounds like a 12 second car to me
What did he mean then? they made a video about making an 11 second sleeper, and corbic said they should have spent a grand or so more and bought a wrx.. Literally noone in the world thinks that a WRX is a sleeper, so why would it even be bought to the conversation?

You may be right about the 11/12 second thing though, i don't really know drag racing.. Does a car have to run an 11 second pass a certain amount of times to be considered an 11 second car? I just assumed that once you went under 12 seconds one time it became an 11 second car..
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:56 AM   #4357
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by razmus View Post
That seat has one of my stickers from my brand on it....jeez
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:08 AM   #4358
Corbic
Post Whore!

"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

Quote:
What did he mean then? they made a video about making an 11 second sleeper, and corbic said they should have spent a grand or so more and bought a wrx.. Literally noone in the world thinks that a WRX is a sleeper, so why would it even be bought to the conversation?

You may be right about the 11/12 second thing though, i don't really know drag racing.. Does a car have to run an 11 second pass a certain amount of times to be considered an 11 second car? I just assumed that once you went under 12 seconds one time it became an 11 second car..

Harris, go re-read my post. MCM made a big fucking deal how they spent ONLY $500 on that wagon. $500 car running 11's bro!

It's Australia, Japan's dumping ground. So since I can already buy a 90's GC Impreza here for $1,500, a SVX for $1,500 and maybe even a GD roller for around those parts... I'm fairly confident they could as well.

They could even buy a nice 90's GC WRX and part the engine out. Then at least they'd have a cool car.

Second, Sleepers are stupid. Seriously, who the fuck are you fooling? Trying to shock that ignorant hill-rat who thinks his dad's '89 Camaro RS 305 HIGH-OUTPUT is a 10-second car? Trying to sleep past that soccer mom while stopping in at the Target? Hoping the referee at the emission center won't notice the giant turbo? Maybe that cop will let you off with a warning for doing a 4-wheel burn out?

It's 2015. Show up with an AWD Turbo car at the strip and we're ready for anything. Pop the hood at your local meet and they'll believe you're stories of 12 second domination.

Is this a sleeper too?

So like I said, the build was neither cheap nor impressive and I'm not "shocked" that a gutted 90's Subaru ran 12 seconds with a 3.6L Turbo engine. Actually, maybe I'm shocked it didn't go faster with all that money and tuning.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:19 AM   #4359
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Harris you eating that Aboriginee peyote again?

Never talk in ultimates. No $12k 11-second Impreza's? I'm sure if you look around they exist used.

Also a running-driving GC Impreza is only a $3,500 car. I'm not talking no 2015 new shit. This thing...

Even then, I know you can get daily-driving Bug-Eye WRXs here for $6k, I'm sure they are cheaper still down under.

As far as your idiotic statement of "3 seconds faster than stock, substantial work needed"...

NO MORE FUCKING WORK than what they put into that stupid wagon!!! They could have just dropped the turbo 3.6 into a GC/GD/SVX.. Legos Bro, Fucking Legos.

Hell, an SVX would even be more sleeper. When's the last time you saw a 6spd turbo SVX?
Old 05-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #4360
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I missed the memo where this thread was about Subarus in Australia.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #4361
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I missed the memo where this thread was about Subarus in Australia.

I'll add you to the distribution list.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #4362
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
this should be impreza gc thread lolz.

gc's are so sexy!

alas even if we were to convert this to gc thread, people (harris) would still find a way to troll it. like recommending that we trash all gc imprezas and stuff
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #4363
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 05-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #4364
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
The sticker on the windshield that says "ruined" explains it all.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #4365
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
jesus christ you dudes are fucking nerds.

This thing was at No star bash at gingerman raceway lurking the pits.
"Lt Dan"
Old 05-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #4366
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
"Lt Dan"
Old 05-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #4367
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
You people are obsessed with arguing about shit no one else cares about. Post content.

Unpainted body kits grind my gears.

And check out this nice primer two tone.

Not even sure what to say about this...
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #4368
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbberish View Post
You people are obsessed with arguing about shit no one else cares about. Post content.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbberish View Post
Not even sure what to say about this...
I think it's pretty clear what's going on here...

Old 05-11-2015, 12:01 PM   #4369
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #4370
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
I think it's pretty clear what's going on here...

Naw, bet the one guy had a stock red coupe and swapped fronts with a bro that had a Sil80.

That's doing it right - returning to the natural order.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #4371
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Naw, bet the one guy had a stock red coupe and swapped fronts with a bro that had a Sil80.

That's doing it right - returning to the natural order.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:06 PM   #4372
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
FOA shocks, reinforced suspension, abrasion resistant steal plates for armor, 6061 spawl lining.
Yeah i'm sure its easy for Mad Max to acquire and fabricate those things in the post apocolyptic world.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #4373
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Yeah i'm sure its easy for Mad Max to acquire and fabricate those things in the post apocolyptic world.

Go "protest" (loot) your local metal service center...

Mad Max is going to have access to LS swaps and welders? He'll have access to brand new AT tires?

Why would he waste his time gluing Alumium foil over his rear quarter windows and riveting on a tin sign in place of the rear glass?

I'm willing to bet that the OEM glass offers more ballistic protection then that metal.

I was taking about this with a friend the other day. I'd also install a 55gall tank for clean water. Salvage a military Alternator and convert to points and carb - I'd likely build this around a Ford 302. Mechanical everything - EMP bro.

Also, since you all forgot...

This is the original Interceptor. Note the lack of stupid shit.

The "Road Warrior" update simply adds two huge fuel tanks.

The reality is, if the world ended you'd steal the newest full size truck you could find and load it down with food, water and fuel.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #4374
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
I'm willing to bet that the OEM glass offers more ballistic protection then that metal.

I was taking about this with a friend the other day. I'd also install a 55gall tank for clean water. Salvage a military Alternator and convert to points and carb - I'd likely build this around a Ford 302. Mechanical everything - EMP bro.

The reality is, if the world ended you'd steal the newest full size truck you could find and load it down with food, water and fuel.
would watch Mighty Corb Mods
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #4375
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Go "protest" (loot) your local metal service center...

Mad Max is going to have access to LS swaps and welders? He'll have access to brand new AT tires?

Uhhhh... the fuck happened to this thread?

Old 05-11-2015, 04:20 PM   #4376
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
OT the new Mad Max Fury Road looks amazing.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #4377
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
1Day is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hope the blower is actually real/functional this time. The original car with its fake supercharger is right at home in this thread.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #4378
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
I hope the blower is actually real/functional this time. The original car with its fake supercharger is right at home in this thread.
it's a movie car….

and the original was shot on a shoestring budget.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #4379
derek king
Nissanaholic!

You guys for real in here talking shit about the original Mad Max movie? You nerds need to go read a book or something.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #4380
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
NSB had some interesting participants

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote