Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #391
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
Please elaborate How so? Wait! Ya know actually I honestly don't give 2 craps now that i think of it. Not gonna get dragged into a tit for tat! I see where this is going. please ignore my posts and carry on!

For the record my SIMPLE MINDED BAIN comments are for the SIMPLE minded!
Look up "Green mailer", "Junk bonds" and " Michael Milken" then tell me if you are still cool with Bain and other private equity type firms and what they actually do to companies/corporations. We could also play some DGCL trivia just to see how cool it is to use fake money to buy real companies so you can bankrupt them and take real money out of them and never be accountable for all that fake money. Shits pretty cool man. Just saying...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #392
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuXunulTYpU
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #393
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedone View Post
Look up "Green mailer", "Junk bonds" and " Michael Milken" then tell me if you are still cool with Bain and other private equity type firms and what they actually do to companies/corporations. We could also play some DGCL trivia just to see how cool it is to use fake money to buy real companies so you can bankrupt them and take real money out of them and never be accountable for all that fake money. Shits pretty cool man. Just saying...
What needs to be understood is that companies just aren't parading they're asses out on the side walk looking for money. Now if A company accepts money from one of these so called devilish enterprises then guess what? They were indeed parading they're asses on the sidewalk to be peddled. Alot more is involved in big business then just fat cutting. Yes the nature is not pretty. But these deals are made with CEO's and CFO's who 99% of time are looking for a way to restructure without completely shuttering.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #394
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Quote:
What needs to be understood is that companies just aren't parading they're asses out on the side walk looking for money. Now if A company accepts money from one of these so called devilish enterprises then guess what? They were indeed parading they're asses on the sidewalk to be peddled. Alot more is involved in big business then just fat cutting. Yes the nature is not pretty. But these deals are made with CEO's and CFO's who 99% of time are looking for a way to restructure without completely shuttering.
Well, you have no idea what you are talking about. Whether or not a corporation needs money/restructuring/etc. has little to no bearing on whether the company/corporation is vulnerable to a leveraged buy out or any other swanky M&A move.

The deals are not exclusively made with the Board, they are often made with shareholders. To make a long story short - buy enough shares you get control of the board.

Private Equity/Corporate Raiders have no interest in whether or not a business stays open - they want to make money for their SH or their own pocket. Whether that comes from saddling the overtaken corp with huge debt to pay "consulting" fees and/or then liquidating the corp and paying yourself first before other creditors/SH (90% of deals) or by the corp continuing to strive (like Dicks in the case of Romney) is of no concern.

I mean honestly this subject is way to hella complex to even begin to explain on a forum. What you need to understand though, is you have no clue what PE does and what its purpose is. Bain is not a good/evil thing. It is a question of whether or not you are prepared to be sold out because you can make a few extra dollars closing the place down rather than keeping you open.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #395
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedone View Post

I mean honestly this subject is way to hella complex to even begin to explain on a forum.
You mean to understand yourself. You just contradicted yourself to redeem credibility. Bottom line is if you have shareholders and they see it fit to restructure who's fault is that? the shareholders you seek'd in the first place. And who offers shares in the first place? Don't try to learn about this now for a forum!

BTW I made one comment on how Bain shouldn't be a topic or viewed as this devilish entity which it is portrayed as on ads and your still going back and forth. Nothing to see here.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #396
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You mean to understand yourself. You just contradicted yourself to redeem credibility. Bottom line is if you have shareholders and they see it fit to restructure who's fault is that? the shareholders you seek'd in the first place. And who offers shares in the first place? Don't try to learn about this now for a forum!

BTW I made one comment on how Bain shouldn't be a topic or viewed as this devilish entity which it is portrayed as on ads and your still going back and forth. Nothing to see here.
You are right I do not fully understand it - and I bet I have A LOT more experience/knowledge about the subject. I mean, I have a 20+ page law review article just on the topic of whether "business performance" means anything within the Boards duty to monitor. So please, enlighten me on where you get your corporate law acumen.

As to shareholders - first you need to classify if you mean institutional or individual, controlling or minority, preferred or common, etc. etc. etc.

When PE does leveraged buy outs, they do not come in saying they will fix stuff, they buy the shares on the open market and when they cross a certain percentage of ownership a whole slew of fun things begin to happen. That is why we have things called poison pills (shareholders rights plans) - the defense to a hostile takeover (go ahead look it up have fun figuring it out!).

I never said Bain was devilish, just that type of business experience is not what most people would want in a president. Again, look up Michael Milkin, Carl Icahn, T. Boone Pickens, any of these PE/Corporate Raider guys. Making money does not mean making better policy/jobs/etc. Again, his business sense is not whats best for the company (aka, the country) it is what is best for his own interest. So again, if you are cool with being sold out for an extra few dollars so be it.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #397
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RoboRomney

This one is good. You can generate a video of Romney taking every single side of every position.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #398
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
I really think they should have rethought the location for these ads. There are other rooms in the house...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NFDKgXRb1U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyzhGiHfYt0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTyiwsW3fxs
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #399
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
My state always votes Republican anyway, so my vote doesn't really count. Voting for Gary Johnson this time.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #400
S14DB
AFC #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDxOSjgl5Z4
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #401
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^ No wonder he has been dicking Black America... Obama just sees them a mindless political tool.

African-Americans Still Behind President Obama Despite Tough Times
Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #402
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Really cant wait til this is all over... Fuckin up my tv shows.....
Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #403
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Want More Capital and Jobs in the US? You know who to vote for then.

Otherwise be ready for the same crap, more and more and more of it...

That's all I'm going to say.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #404
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
So who is actually voting?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #405
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
So who is actually voting?
Not me.. but next time I will be able to.

I still could have done it tough like many other voting scam people who does not have right to vote but they still can vote anyways?

I rather be honest than vote to support any candidate.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #406
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post

Didnt Romney invest in overseas jobs? ? *confused*

I voted for Obama. I have 2 stable jobs so its not like im collecting unemployment like some thinking putting him in the next term they'll continue to have it. Which i doubt. The lines werent that long either since i went early in the am.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #407
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post

Obama?
Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #408
ZEB808

ZEB808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Again! Liberalism is a Mental Disorder! Fire Obambi...
Old 11-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #409
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I try to respect the views of others, but you're an idiot who doesn't deserve the privilege of voting. Do you see any 'liberals' saying a statement like that about 'conservatives'?

For a 40 year old man, you seem to have the immaturity of one of those redneck wanna-be farmers in a hick town high school.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #410
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection

I found this on web... Even though I dont support him it looks disturbing..

Some gambling company posted that ad on new paper in Ireland..
Old 11-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #411
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm starting to think electoral votes should be given out by acreage.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #412
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Things don't go your way and you want to revolutionize things? Awesome.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #413
K_style
Post Whore!

Talking Points Memo

This seems very unfair... voting only because of Race?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #414
1sickS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
1sickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Wow I thought this would be a close race but Obama won by a landslide towards the end!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #415
nismostormtrooper
Leaky Injector

nismostormtrooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea buddy go obama!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #416
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lol. America is screwed thanks to those who voted for obama.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #417
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
Lol. America is screwed thanks to those who voted for obama.
No kidding.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #418
S14DB
AFC #1

Futurama Farnsworth - good news everyone no more awful campaign ads on tv
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #419
K_style
Post Whore!

Barack Obama wins election for second term as president | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

I guess it done..
Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #420
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickS14 View Post
Wow I thought this would be a close race but Obama won by a landslide towards the end!
you should double check those numbers.

As of this second, romney is leading obama by about 75k in the popular vote.
Closed Thread