Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #391
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
A lot of the JDM injectors are just re-branded Denso. SARD, PE and NISMO included.
That may be the case, however, the Nismo/Tomei units are type 1 injectors where as the Sard/PE are type 2.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #392
801nismo104
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
801nismo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
what cams are you guys running with this turbo? im still debating wether i should get tomei 256/256 or tomei 260/260
801nismo104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #393
turbolino

Trader Rating: (0)
turbolino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a s13 with a s14 engine I want the Tial 44MM Wastegate MVR on my GT2871R A/R64 turbo
someone recommended the ATP t25 EWG housing
turbolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #394
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If you are still running the OEM manifold I would just keep your .64 exhaust housing and either have codyace weld you a MVS (NOT MVR!) on to the manifold, or you could get a shop to try to weld the v-band flange to the side of your .64 housing and make it like the ATP t25 housing.

the ATP housing flows like a T3 and is .72 so im pretty sure it will be less responsive.
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #395
turbolino

help

my setup
power fc
hks 740cc injectors
tomei 256 cams
GT2871R A? R 64
Cp 86.5 pistons
eagle r
ARP heat s
1.1mm metal heat g
tomei expreme manifold
3''cat back
ect

the first time in the dyno make 297 WHP at 16 psi
The tuner said there was not enough gas for more psi
i do not think that was right
I am not happy with the tune.
the injector duty cycle is 50%

when driving my car for first time after the tune
was make only 10 psi, then I call the tuner and he said my car make 16 psi on the dyno, I would not argue with him and said nothing.
I then realized that I only make 16 psi when I was in 4 and 5 gear at 4500rmp.
this means that the lol tune the car at boos creep and make 16psi at top end and not at low rpm as all

question if I change my tuner
you think I can make 20 or 18 PSI? in any gear, not just 4 or 5 at 4500rpm
with the stock gt2871r wastegate and my AEM tru boos control, making agustes in the internal wastegate
which is the maximum psi on stock internal waste gate

Please help
ideas to get 320WHP
and a good tuner in New Jersey or Pennsylvania
Old 08-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #396
JFoxx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
JFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolino View Post
Please help
ideas to get 320WHP

buy my turbo for sale...... i ran 17 psi on pump gas and made 389 to the wheels.....(HKS GTRS)
JFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #397
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffandpuff00 View Post
If you are still running the OEM manifold I would just keep your .64 exhaust housing and either have codyace weld you a MVS (NOT MVR!) on to the manifold, or you could get a shop to try to weld the v-band flange to the side of your .64 housing and make it like the ATP t25 housing.

the ATP housing flows like a T3 and is .72 so im pretty sure it will be less responsive.
We can do MVR 44 now as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801nismo104 View Post
what cams are you guys running with this turbo? im still debating wether i should get tomei 256/256 or tomei 260/260
Tomei 260's for sure.

Quote:
the first time in the dyno make 297 WHP at 16 psi
The tuner said there was not enough gas for more psi
i do not think that was right
I am not happy with the tune.
Sounds like your tuner is junk. Find a new one ASAP! Where in NJ are you?

Quote:
this means that the lol tune the car at boos creep and make 16psi at top end and not at low rpm as all
That's the downfall of the internal gate. Send a stock manifold to me, I'll have a Tial Wastegate flange welded onto it, and you'll never have boost issues again (I have one in stock as well,

You can also use a decent EBC to help control it and while it may, it's still a major PITA to set them up with Internal Gates to work 100% money all the time.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #398
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Hey Cody my car's at the shop now getting all my parts installed and then it will be tuned. My buddy who works there says one of his customers made 389whp with an internal wg setup. What they did is let it spike to 24lbs then settle down to 18 then it becomes stable. I have the hks gt-rs and the maximum boost efficiency is 24lbs so I was thinking about doing the same for now. He's been running that setup for awhile with no problems. Any thoughts?

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #399
turbolino

07011 clifton 15m from new york

I want to use the housing Turbin EWG ATP t25
but I see almost no one who has.
if I change my A/R64 to the A/R72 will be better or worse?

if a A/R86 is better than a A/R 64,
Why? a A/R72 no better than a A/R64, how big is the difference for not doing the ATP housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFoxx View Post
buy my turbo for sale...... i ran 17 psi on pump gas and made 389 to the wheels.....(HKS GTRS)
I have to sell my gt2871r first and now I want to find solution for the same

Hey Cody, you've ever weld a 44 mm flame in A/R housing as the ATP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalineS14 View Post
HOT DAMN! can wait for numbers, this is a nice little setup though
that is the différance on my gt2871A/R64,to your turbo?
you believe the t25 atp ewg housing work on my turbo?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #400
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
07011 clifton 15m from new york

Why? a A/R72 no better than a A/R64, how big is the difference for not doing the ATP housing
.72 housing flows like a t3!
I think of it like:
T2(.86) = T3(.63)
T2(.xx) = T3(.72)

My last dunno with the .72 housing was full boost(18.96) at 4200rpm, and I think if I ran a smaller A/R T3 housing ie .63, full boost would be around 4000 or maybe lower...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #401
turbolino

th

Quote:
.72 housing flows like a t3!
I think of it like:
T2(.86) = T3(.63)
T2(.xx) = T3(.72)

My last dunno with the .72 housing was full boost(18.96) at 4200rpm, and I think if I ran a smaller A/R T3 housing ie .63, full boost would be around 4000 or maybe lower...
before you had the 72 housing
what kind of turbo and housing you used
and what you like best the old or the new turbo setup with 72 housing
Old 08-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #402
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Im having a similar problem as turbolino also, i have gt2871r .64, 740cc, tomei expreme manifold and turbo elbow, stock motor, hallman pro rx mbc, and nistune, running 10 lbs but i dont hit 10lbs in 1st or 2nd, i also am looking to hit 320hp once i get dyno time and another tune.
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #403
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
before you had the 72 housing
what kind of turbo and housing you used
and what you like best the old or the new turbo setup with 72 housing
My original setup was a GT28RS w/ .86 housing(internal gate), equal length manifold, stock top/bottom, full 3" exhaust, 550 DW inj.

Presently I have the same GT28RS w/ ATP .72 housing/MVS and switched to stock manifold, sard 850cc inj, PBM oval exhaust... Dyno'd the other day 305whp/288trq

same tuner, almost same boost...lost 24hp/27trq...had issues with wastegate and i think there was a lot of heat soak.

this winter ill be looking into extrude/hone mani and .63 T25 Plus w/ either my MVS mounted on mani or on housing.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #404
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector

unijabnx2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a .63 T31 vband with my gt28rs and at 17psi , 335whp
I can't wait to get the gtx2867

unijabnx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #405
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

^^Cams? Stock manifold? T25 plus housing?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #406
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector

Quote:
^^Cams? Stock manifold? T25 plus housing?
jwt s3 cams, protech tubular manifold, map/iat, tial MVS, T31 housing (not T25+)
I thought this was good for 8.5:1 compression
Old 08-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #407
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Hey Cody my car's at the shop now getting all my parts installed and then it will be tuned. My buddy who works there says one of his customers made 389whp with an internal wg setup. What they did is let it spike to 24lbs then settle down to 18 then it becomes stable. I have the hks gt-rs and the maximum boost efficiency is 24lbs so I was thinking about doing the same for now. He's been running that setup for awhile with no problems. Any thoughts?

Making big power is totally possible with the internal gate setup...I'll certainly never deny that. The big issue with that is the fact that you need to deal/expect/wish that the spike and drop method works...instead of just going pure runaway and creeping upwards (as either scenario is possible)

With that considered, most internal gate/small turbo/overworked turbos do that...but the issue with the GT28XXX and GT-RS type turbos is that they still make power up there, and can handle the speed (well maybe not make a ton of power but aren't just blowing hot air)...while most small turbo setups just run out of steam.

My personal car made 400 whp, as did my roomates, as did my other good friends as well...same exact setups. Issues we had were the creep and the internal gates eventually wearing out (we tried all sorts of different ones, pre load vs no preload, different EBC's...there was just a point where it wasn't reliable enough to work (atop of that, it wouldn't vent enough either).

Ever since going to EWG though, those issues stopped overnight. The boost slings up to 20 and holds, responds a bit sooner as I can hold the gate shut longer, and doesn't have that creep issue at all. Sentra guys had been doing that to GTiR manifolds (Andris used to weld them up way back when) and they've always been the ticket manifold choice for the 28RS, so I knew it was the way to go with these as well.

Quote:
As stated above it flows like crap (I believe you're the same person who emailed me about these too right?)

Quote:
I'll maintain .64 is best (for now)

Quote:
Hey Cody, you've ever weld a 44 mm flame in A/R housing as the ATP?
I have not welded them on the turbine housing, and would not (unless of course someone did want it done) for these main reasons:

1. Fitment. Every car will be different depending on how stuff is, and I hate doing stuff without a car to test on

2. Cost. Now atop of getting the welding done you've got to also spend money fabbing up a little elbow to fit, and then also spend more money on the Tial flanges and V band. So instead of 100 dollars you're not looking at 200ish all said and done for the same exact thing.

With that all considered I also am not a fan of the ATP housing for that same reason too.

250 for housing, 25 (?) for the little elbow, 25 for the additional V band flange, the cost welding etc etc...So now you're 300+ dollars into that, with a lazier housing. (compared to 100 dollars to have the manifold welded, and then 15 bucks for the flange)

...but then again I've told you and others this forever and everyone somehow still gets confused or worried on it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepGoesPowPow View Post
Im having a similar problem as turbolino also, i have gt2871r .64, 740cc, tomei expreme manifold and turbo elbow, stock motor, hallman pro rx mbc, and nistune, running 10 lbs but i dont hit 10lbs in 1st or 2nd, i also am looking to hit 320hp once i get dyno time and another tune.

With any of these cars you're not going to see 20 psi in first gear ever, maybe this side of slicks and full traction. 2nd gear though should see 20 without issue (with traction)...I think it's funny to see people claim their cars spin the tires so easy (which they do) with bald Sumitumo's or some nonsense, and think it's super fast because of that.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #408
codyace
Post Whore!

This is the recent MVR job, along with the trimmed OEM heatshield

Came out really slick!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #409
turbolino

oooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
This is the recent MVR job, along with the trimmed OEM heatshield

Came out really slick!
looks good,you the man
Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #410
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Can anyone confirm T2 vs T3 exhaust housing a/r are different?

ie T3(.64) = T2(.86)

I'm confused by ATP's statement that a T2 housing can "flow like a true T3"

It seems mathematically ar is just:
Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #411
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
That may be the case, however, the Nismo/Tomei units are type 1 injectors where as the Sard/PE are type 2.
True and for the love of god will people please stop using sti injectors...oh and top feed injectors with the power fc...
Old 08-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #412
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
True and for the love of god will people please stop using sti injectors...oh and top feed injectors with the power fc...
Curious on the STI Injector comments. While I've never run them, I've been under the impression they are a cheap/easy/reliable upgrade for a 300whp setup (Sentra Guys love them).

Teach me Steve!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #413
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Can anyone confirm T2 vs T3 exhaust housing a/r are different?

ie T3(.64) = T2(.86)

I'm confused by ATP's statement that a T2 housing can "flow like a true T3"

It seems mathematically ar is just:
Go to garretts site and check out the turbine graphs... You'll find the diff b/t the t2 .86 and t3 .63 is about 1 lb/min.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #414
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
my top feed ID1000 injector dynamics high impedence injectors work fabulously with my Power FC D-Jetro setup. But yes, big flow fatty type MSD top feeds are not going to work so well with a power FC...
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #415
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
What exactly is wrong with top feeds and power fc?
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #416
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I don't think its top feeds specifically but types of top feed. Possibly due to impedence on the injector being difference? Supras are like that....
Old 08-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #417
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I don't think its top feeds specifically but types of top feed. Possibly due to impedence on the injector being difference? Supras are like that....
Yea I would say it's a very specific issue, probably more aimed at the older MSD?Rochester style injectors.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #418
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I have a set of 50# kicking around that I can't get rid of -- who still runs those older style inj?
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #419
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I have a set of 50# kicking around that I can't get rid of -- who still runs those older style inj?
SR20 Forum
SR20 Community Forum - The Dash - Powered by vBulletin

Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #420
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Yeah I've posted them before on both, just don't have that many posts.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote