Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #3931
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'd use a 370Z wheel bearing, I believe they are strong than the 350Z bearings.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #3932
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Something newer is good for us in the long run anyway... when shit starts dissapearing because of car age... Try finding a low mileage KA24DE lol
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #3933
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
ford mustang seems to use 5x114.3 spindles and are RWD. Maybe you could use that ?
The IRS Cobra rears are a press in bearing, not a bolt in.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #3934
s13 loverr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
s13 loverr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Does anyone know when the rear knuckles for PSM will be out? They said end of March.....
s13 loverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #3935
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 loverr View Post
Does anyone know when the rear knuckles for PSM will be out? They said end of March.....

They probably did not order enough in the production run, that u would need to wait 3 additional months to get a set, that's if they have in stock ... Lol
Old 04-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #3936
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan at MAX USA
may 2nd arrival is my latest info. preordering is OK.

Forums /

There you go.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #3937
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

ouch:

Old 04-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #3938
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
That seems like a terrible design to start with
Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #3939
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Why not use rear oem s14/z32 hubs up front to try a bolt on front hub design?
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #3940
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Because without bolting an axle in it will be super loose/wear out
Old 04-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #3941
mikerbike
Zilvia Junkie

mikerbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Or bolt a bolt through it?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #3942
lidlleecher

lidlleecher is an unknown quantity at this point
whats the difference between 350z 370z front and s14-z32 rear hubs, do they have difference in bolt to bolt dimension, and in the central hole? also, in hight, from the place where they meet the knuckle, to the place they meet the wheel ... the idea is, can i use the rears for bolt on design, and then buy 370z one ans swap them, or they are too different, also, if somebody have the dimensions of the 370z ones ... will be perfect, so i can start building my knuckles, because this is the only thing i need to start.
lidlleecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #3943
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
New LCA design from TDP.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #3944
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfood View Post
Because without bolting an axle in it will be super loose/wear out
New Camaros use the same hub front and rear that are splined.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #3945
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Hopefully they make a spot for the sway bar on that LCA... wonder what it'll weigh/cost
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #3946
JFoxx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
JFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
Hopefully they make a spot for the sway bar on that LCA... wonder what it'll weigh/cost
+1 any idea on a release date?
JFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #3947
Chris28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Chris28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone try installing the PBM offset rack bushings yet? I put mine in on Friday, driver's side went on fine but it seems like there is too much material in the bushing for the passenger side bracket to completely bolt down, I ended up using longer bolts to reach through the subframe to the bracket. Also if the halves are moved so the flat sides touch, they don't sit flush with each other. In order to get the flat sides on parallel planes, so to speak, there has to be about a 1/2" gap between the two. I'll try to snap a picture today after work, but here's the stock picture for reference.

Chris28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #3948
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxris View Post
This isn't a stupid question. I know as of now there bar is closer to stock fitment. It is made to be a little more forward than stock tho. It should clear 1 jz's but haven't installed one on a 1jz car.
LS1 as of now will need an oil pan but that should be done anyways.
Rb26 oil pan sticks out pretty far so probably will need to mod it as usual.

I have a vested interest in this also...

I was about to buy a sikky bar otherwise...
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #3949
[email protected]

robbie@tdp.ie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
New LCA design from TDP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
We can add a pick up point for the sway bar at time of order as all parts are made to order. The complete weight of each LCA and hardware is 2.78 Kgs.
The cost of the LCA's is something we are working on at the moment they are part of our full Kit. We are working on a Roll center pin for STD Nissan knuckles to see if we can get enough angle in the spherical bearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFoxx View Post
+1 any idea on a release date?
They are available now as part of of the full S-body steering kit.

I have a quick question for you. Would you be interested in a version of our kit that is based on a grip setup for track use ? We do allot of work on circuit cars and have plans in pace for a grip setup already.

Regards

Robbie Thornton
robbie@tdp.ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #3950
JFoxx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
JFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We can add a pick up point for the sway bar at time of order as all parts are made to order. The complete weight of each LCA and hardware is 2.78 Kgs.
The cost of the LCA's is something we are working on at the moment they are part of our full Kit. We are working on a Roll center pin for STD Nissan knuckles to see if we can get enough angle in the spherical bearing.

I have a quick question for you. Would you be interested in a version of our kit that is based on a grip setup for track use ? We do allot of work on circuit cars and have plans in pace for a grip setup already.

Regards

Robbie Thornton
im definately interested...im not running all this rubber for the hell of it...

what would be the differences?
JFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #3951
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Fuck yes and so would all of NRR if you listen to their criticisms/demands
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #3952
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^^ I would like to 2nd that and also state that I'm interested.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #3953
SomeoneWhoIsntMe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well, ordered a pair of era1 knuckles today after my shitty cut ones snapped. so if you guys still need any info on them, I'll have a set in my hands sometime this week with any luck.
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #3954
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post
Anyone try installing the PBM offset rack bushings yet? I put mine in on Friday, driver's side went on fine but it seems like there is too much material in the bushing for the passenger side bracket to completely bolt down, I ended up using longer bolts to reach through the subframe to the bracket. Also if the halves are moved so the flat sides touch, they don't sit flush with each other. In order to get the flat sides on parallel planes, so to speak, there has to be about a 1/2" gap between the two. I'll try to snap a picture today after work, but here's the stock picture for reference.

I have the same problem. I put a few washers in there. Well see how it goes.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #3955
SomeoneWhoIsntMe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well, ordered a pair of era1 knuckles today after my shitty cut ones snapped. so if you guys still need any info on them, I'll have a set in my hands sometime this week with any luck.
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #3956
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Quote:

Regards

Robbie Thornton
I would def be interested in a grip setup verison.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #3957
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFoxx View Post
im definately interested...im not running all this rubber for the hell of it...

what would be the differences?
HI Foxx, The main differences would be.
-The offset top mounts would be different to allow for some castor on the damper.
- The steering rack would be in the normal position no offset spaces needed. - Steering angle reduced to approx 45 degrees.
- KPI altered to give correct negative camber at up to 30 degrees lock.
- LCA have pick up points for sway bars

I am building a grip kit for my Nissan Skyline GTR Time Attack Car. This car has been converted to RWD and I want to ditch all the front suspension weight and test the grip levels of my new kit against the clock.

Other suggestions welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
Fuck yes and so would all of NRR if you listen to their criticisms/demands
Who is NRR ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilousActs View Post
^^ I would like to 2nd that and also state that I'm interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
I would def be interested in a grip setup verison.
Suggestion on what you need in the kit. Wider track ? Better Camber/Castor control ? More positive steering inputs.

Regards

Robbie
Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #3958
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Who is NRR ?
Track Day Performance's new "Angle kit" - Nissan Road Racing Forums
Old 05-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #3959
[email protected]

I will register there later tonight.

Robbie
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #3960
lidlleecher

lidlleecher is an unknown quantity at this point
please if somebody have access to 350z and 370z front knuckles or hubs to measure the bolts size and pattern (mm from each other) and the central big hole ... i need this dimensions because i will wait 45 days till my front hubs arrive from USA(i live in Bulgaria) so i need the dimensions earlier if possible ...
lidlleecher is offline   Reply With Quote