Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2012, 03:31 AM   #361
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just park your car in Johor then and play there. 5 minutes to cross the bridge. You know its illegal. Got to pay to play.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #362
nash-singapore

Trader Rating: (0)
nash-singapore is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lol i daily drive it so i cant leave it there. yea thats why i wana keep the exhaust side of the car legal.
nash-singapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #363
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If there was every an ass-backwards state, it would be Singapore! It's illegal to modify your car with an external wastegate, but you can legally modify a boy into a girl?!?

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #364
nash-singapore

Trader Rating: (0)
nash-singapore is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hahaha! ikr! sucha shithole.. well they cant summon them for that..cars are the moneypot :P.. we just gotta pay and pay so the goverment is all super rich..
nash-singapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #365
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
No updates for awhile.. Garrett on Facebook posted that formula d driver Cyrus Martinez is putting down 493whp with his gtx2867r

I hate facebook links, but click here then photos for the pics

Facebook
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #366
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Wall Photos | Facebook

Over 473ftlbs too which I find even more impressive but a very poor curve that you'd expect from pushing this turbo to its limits and 270 degree cams.

I'd like to know more about this build. Specifically what fuel this was on and if it's stock compression and bore/stroke.
LuckyX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #367
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Well if i had to guess its going to be high octane (track only application why wouldn't they), also I notched the massive TOMEI sticker on the side.. Sr22??? Could be a possibility
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #368
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
Wall Photos | Facebook

Over 473ftlbs too which I find even more impressive but a very poor curve that you'd expect from pushing this turbo to its limits and 270 degree cams.

I'd like to know more about this build. Specifically what fuel this was on and if it's stock compression and bore/stroke.
No kidding on the shitty curve... Curious to know about the build too. Friend uses a TiAl conversion GT2868 which seems comparable to the GTX2867R. He's breaking 200whp at 3500rpm rather than 4300rpm. Must terrible flow through the manifold and head.

SR20VET Dyno E-85 GT2868 - Nissan Road Racing Forums

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #369
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
No kidding on the shitty curve... Curious to know about the build too. Friend uses a TiAl conversion GT2868 which seems comparable to the GTX2867R. He's breaking 200whp at 3500rpm rather than 4300rpm. Must terrible flow through the manifold and head.

You can't compare Tower's dyno to a DET though. His engine is much more efficient.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #370
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:

I'm jealous of all you CA guys with tons of awesome 240's around... I've been watching that build for a while now too.

And is it just me or does just about every other car scene seem to have shitty curves? I look at boosted VW, Honda, Mitsubishi and Subaru graphs and it seems like they almost always have curves that shoot up and drop off like this one. I feel like I see more SR's with flat torque curves compared to other engines. I wonder why? Maybe I'm just biased since I see a ton more SR graphs than anything else.
LuckyX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #371
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
You can't compare Tower's dyno to a DET though. His engine is much more efficient.
Haha, I suppose we shouldn't. If I recall correctly, he may have tuned the engine with the GT2868 before going with a VE head. Not sure so I'll ask today when I see him.

My YouTube Channel
Old 07-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #372
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Haha, I suppose we shouldn't. If I recall correctly, he may have tuned the engine with the GT2868 before going with a VE head. Not sure so I'll ask today when I see him.

There is no need to ask him, that is his VE dyno plot. It says it right in the link...
Old 07-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #373
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

I believe you misunderstood my post.
Completely forgot to ask Mike anyway. Eric (the tuner) and I were talking about it, but he doesn't recall either. I'll bug him later in the week.

Edit: As it turns out, Mike didn't install and tune his GT2868 on a DE before switching to VE.

My YouTube Channel

Last edited by xpertsnowcarver; 07-11-2012 at 01:23 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #374
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I have a quick question about which injectors I should purchase so I can finally get my car tuned and back to me.

I currently have/had Deatschwerks 550cc side feed injectors but one just went out after 5 years of working great. Now i am looking at getting a new set of larger cc injector so I don't need to move up in the future if I decide to increase boost...

Im looking at either getting another set of Deatschwerks 810cc for $390 shipped or getting a set of Tomei 740cc for $684 shipped(FRSport).

Are the Tomei worth the extra $$$...

please no bullsht, just helpful insight would be appreciated

Thanks,
Zac
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #375
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Sard 850cc's
Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #376
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
im actually PMing a member about a set of sard 850's. i really dont like to buy used items that i cant test, but they supposedly have only 5k miles and collars/plugs for 315$. If i buy used injectors should i send them to get cleaned before i run them
Old 07-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #377
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffandpuff00 View Post
im actually PMing a member about a set of sard 850's. i really dont like to buy used items that i cant test, but they supposedly have only 5k miles and collars/plugs for 315$. If i buy used injectors should i send them to get cleaned before i run them
Wouldn't hurt, but by the time you spend the money to get them flow tested and cleaned you could've had a new set. I have an install guide for Sards into a factory rail as well. I can't remember if it's on this site or Tamparacing.com. My Sn is the same on both.

Anyway, I recommend the Sards because they have a better design than the Tomei/Nismo units. Larger windings for increased control, better spray pattern and a lower lag/dead band. You can get your engine to idle better and smoother even though they are larger cc injectors. Generally speaking the higher the cc an injector is, the harder it is to get a smooth idle with them.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #378
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
spend $400 and get new injector dynamics top feeds. They are so much better in design and tunability than the side feed sards...

My injector dynamics ID1000s never see more than 50% duty cycle at 360+rwhp (on PSI's dyno in Portland) and they idle like stock with a well tuned Power FC D Jetro.
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #379
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I have tomei 740s with PFC --- seems like it works fine? I like them because they drop right in, and I subscribe to the KISS method of car building. I also bought them used from someone on here (rolling the dice a bit) but they've been perfect for more than two years now.

They see mid/high 60% duty.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #380
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
e1_Griego it's good to see you around. Injectors larger than 800cc can be tough to tune. Some people have said that the Power FC won't work with injectors beyond 800cc, but the Injector Dynamics are very tuneable even when significantly larger than 800.

To your point though, if the OP can find quality, affordable drop in side feeds at around 800cc flow rates then it should be just fine.

BTW (OT), I just ordered $3,400 coilovers and new SPL toe rods, SPL traction rods, SPL RUCAs and new subframe bushings. My suspension is going to get happy next week.
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #381
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
What did you buy? KW clubsports? Are you doing s14 subframe?
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #382
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
would not recommend sard injectors unless you want to cut your wiring harness for no good reason
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #383
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
spend $400 and get new injector dynamics top feeds. They are so much better in design and tunability than the side feed sards...

My injector dynamics ID1000s never see more than 50% duty cycle at 360+rwhp (on PSI's dyno in Portland) and they idle like stock with a well tuned Power FC D Jetro.
I originally was looking at going with ID1000s but they alot more:
$460 ID injectors - where did you get them for $400?
$160 CS fuel rail
$100 FPR
$xxx insatll and lines

$330 SARD 850cc(used)
$xxx install

Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
would not recommend sard injectors unless you want to cut your wiring harness for no good reason
I read that you can just pull out your pins from the oem injector clips and they fit in the SARD clips, is that true?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #384
the555car
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
the555car is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would recommend getting any used injector cleaned/flow tested. Thats just me though. From RC Engineering in Cali, total for (4) injectors was $150, including return shipping to Canada. That plus the $330 is still cheaper than new and you will know that you're injectors are 100% good to go.

cheers
-Evan
the555car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #385
SMM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (26)
SMM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Wouldn't hurt, but by the time you spend the money to get them flow tested and cleaned you could've had a new set. I have an install guide for Sards into a factory rail as well. I can't remember if it's on this site or Tamparacing.com. My Sn is the same on both.

Anyway, I recommend the Sards because they have a better design than the Tomei/Nismo units. Larger windings for increased control, better spray pattern and a lower lag/dead band. You can get your engine to idle better and smoother even though they are larger cc injectors. Generally speaking the higher the cc an injector is, the harder it is to get a smooth idle with them.
He is speaking about my injectors. DW are crap injectors, they have a high rate of failure. I am also on Tamparacing.com ( Super Coupe)

Anyways, I can send you a video of my car if it means anything constant idle, stays within .5 with a enthalpy rom tune. Car has seen 30 psi on a HX40 with no issues. They were used on my previous car when they were new, before I put them on my current car I had them checked by witchhunter, they were all perfect. Still had them cleaned and freshened up with new o rings, and caps. All of them OHM exactly to spec also.

If you are worried about installing them, I could possibly give you my rail with them already installed as I am going top feeds. Only thing I would be worried about is fuel leaking out during shipping, obviously I would do my best to get it all out.

Also no you cannot use the pins from your stock harness. Tried that, they are different. I am giving you clips that actually "clip" into place. Very easy to solder the clips into your harness. Just connect the two wires per injector and you are good go. If you are scared to do that you don't need to be modifying cars. Keep your old clips with a pigtail, if you ever sell them and go back stock you have those to wire in. Takes 20 min tops, big deal. Most injectors require you to wire in new clips anyways, sometimes even resistors if they are low z.

I don't deal in crap parts! My injectors are ready to make power, tighten down rail, wire clips, ride out.

Yes, if you go ID 1000's you will spend quite a bit more money. But it all comes down to what you want to spend. I myself, once I sell these injectors will most likely be picking up ID 2000's for more power.

Top Feed Rail
Injectors
FPR
Fittings
Hoses
SMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #386
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Im not worries about about installing them as I wont be doing it. My car is at the tuners waiting on new injectors and they will be dong everything. I just have fears about buying used parts, but everything seems to be legit, so I am defiantly buying these from you.

thanks everyone for input!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #387
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post

ID injectors are awesome. I'm considering switching out my current injectors over the winter for a set of them to make some more power (my current Seimens 60 lbers are damn near maxed out). I've got plenty of big power domestic guys that love the ID stuff and I'm sold on them.

In regard to DW and other redrilled injectors, just do a search on them. It's amazing how so many people skip past reviews and simply make a list by sorting cheapest parts first when shopping. Tons of real information on why they are not a good choice. Funny how people can skimp on 50-100 bucks on a 3000 dollar setup ya know?

Another thign to consider is the flow ability of the stock rail. I know everyone likes putting the sidefeeds in, but there is a certain point where the stock fuel rail isn't up to task in regard to fuel flow either....

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #388
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Still looking for injectors and cant find any used sard 850cc for sale, SO i found these Power enterprise(PE) 850cc injectors that are denso and look exactly like the sard ones.

Iv searched to see if the PE injectors have any differences to the sard ones but havent found anything but some forums stating that they are sard/PE and the SAME.

Power Enterprise SH850-C 850cc Fuel Injectors Set SR20DET
Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #389
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
What about running a 615cc at 4 bar ful pressure as well? That should theoretically support 450ish whp?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #390
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffandpuff00 View Post
Still looking for injectors and cant find any used sard 850cc for sale, SO i found these Power enterprise(PE) 850cc injectors that are denso and look exactly like the sard ones.

Iv searched to see if the PE injectors have any differences to the sard ones but havent found anything but some forums stating that they are sard/PE and the SAME.

Power Enterprise SH850-C 850cc Fuel Injectors Set SR20DET
A lot of the JDM injectors are just re-branded Denso. SARD, PE and NISMO included.