Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #3691
roadster6909
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
roadster6909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
91 s13, any pics?
roadster6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #3692
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Are Cusco engine mounts universal in that you can put either one left or right side?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #3693
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster6909 View Post
91 s13, any pics?

this is the write up to install a walboro...but i'm sure you can find the tank from here.

Driftopia Tech Blog » Blog Archive » Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump Install (s13 240sx)

google my friend....google. then images.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #3694
roadster6909
BANNED

What will happen if i just rebuilded my engine and i swap it in
And the gas i have has injector cleaner in it
Will anything happen?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #3695
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
What will happen if i just rebuilded my engine and i swap it in
And the gas i have has injector cleaner in it
Will anything happen?
you need to be doing some research yourself. finding out what an injector cleaner will do is your answer. a fresh rebuild, would you wanna risk not having fresh gasoline? that's like re-using oil. Just because it's "clean" by industry standards...doesn't mean you should use it.

just saying.....you might want to use that search feature in the top right....people don't like spoon feeding on here, and you my friend, are asking questions that google can answer. just search.

this website has everything....and the more you ask, the more people are gonna tell you to fuck off and search yourself. just a heads up.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #3696
roadster6909
BANNED

I guess you can say that to the other few thousand that ask questions on here. Sorry.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #3697
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
I guess you can say that to the other few thousand that ask questions on here. Sorry.
this thread is assuming you have already searched, and can't find the simple answer.

for your fuel tank i googled :s13 fuel pump install

to see what goes into a fresh rebuild i would google : step by step fresh rebuild

and i'm sure they would talk about gas in one or another builds...doesn't have to be a 240....all rebuilds should be done relatively the same way. (in the idea of new rings/pistons ect...don't need part numbers for this)

and regarding your 2000 other poeple...yes, that could be said as well...but you have asked what....three questions now...and each of them "I" searched less than 30 seconds for.

not trying to be a dick....but if you had 1000 posts on here...it assumes credibility that you know how to work the site. and I'm going to assume that you don't. So instead of give you the link...i'm teaching you how to search.

Kinda like paying someone to make a cage....when I'm teaching you how to bend pipes and use a welder...now you know how to make a tube chassis.......;D
Old 12-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #3698
roadster6909
BANNED

Wouldnt have known to type that in. I try to search but when it get difficult and aggravating i come here. How do i make a roll cage? kiddin, thanks
Old 12-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #3699
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wouldnt have known to type that in. I try to search but when it get difficult and aggravating i come here. How do i make a roll cage? kiddin, thanks
buy one from godspeed ;D haha...good luck man. also check the old threads. the DIY stuff (do it yourself).
Old 12-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #3700
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
. How do i make a roll cage?

Go to home depot, buy PVC pipe, general adhesive and a small hack saw, you will also need a few spray-cans of paint.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #3701
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
If you boost at 20psi normally in an SR per say and your IACV gets clogged up and after a little bit you notice a huge drop in boost to maybe like 3-5, can just your IACV clogged alone cause this or do you have a boost leak as well? This happened to me a couple days from deployment and I wasn't really able to check so thats why I have such a dumb question lol. I'm trying to just narrow down if it's IACV is clogged really bad, I have a boost leak, or if my BOV is too loose and I need to tighten it up. I've looked it up and googled it but I just wanted personal insight from other members. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #3702
Mista Lee
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
Mista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mista Lee
searched but no luck..
can anyone direct me to an in depth write up on how to replace a head gasket on a kade?
I'm mainly worried about fucking up the timing..
Old 12-17-2010, 11:05 PM   #3703
S13 nOOb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
S13 nOOb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Z32 26mm clearance

I've searched till i've finally given up.

I'm looking at a set of super advan wheels that are 16x7 +35 offset. will these clear z32 26mm calipers?

i do know that 17s will clear the calipers, but i'd rather have 16s if they'll clear em.

and also will 17" Drag DR-31 fit?

thanks
S13 nOOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #3704
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
Quite the contrary actually. A welded dif is the LAST dif Id choose for a daily driver. VLSD is (in my opinion) best for a DD.

The V in VLSD stands for Viscous. It uses the diff fluid to lock. A VLSD allows the tires to spin at different speeds, but locks them together when either of them slips. You speed does not matter, and which side its on does not matter. If either wheel slips, the diff sends power to BOTH wheels, locking the dif. It locks via fluid, not heat. (compared to traditional 1.5 and 2 way LSD's which essentially use a little clutch inside there to lock).

A welded dif is just that- straight posi rear. This means that both rear wheels are ALWAYS traveling at the same speed. When you turn, your outside wheel needs to travel a further distance than the inside wheel. This is why its important to let both wheels turn freely from one another sometimes. A welded dif will be noticeably less comfortable than a VLSD, because youll get the "hopping" or "skipping" around turns with a welded dif.

The plus side to a welded dif is that its cheap or free. The downside is its only really good for drift and drag.

Id really like to have a 1.5way for my daily, but when pricing everything out, its just not cost effective for me.

Welded- Free
VLSD - $100
1.5way - $800+

VLSD is a nice happy medium in terms of cost, performance, and comfort.
I've also been dailying a welded for some time, it isn't bad. I only feel the hopping when turning in at like 10 or below, or in parking lots. It's NOT that bad. In the rain, you just have to be a smoother driver, while going straight you can't slam on the gas and on turns you shouldn't really accelerate much or blast through turns. Welded can also be cheaper, but may also kill your wheel bearings and tends to make noise if back lash isn't set right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Does anyone know where you can get a NEW 300ZX TT drivers side axle from (left)?
O'Reilly's or w.e has a bunch of stuff like that (they have s13 ones so i'd assume 300zx also) and they come with warranties
Old 12-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #3705
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2slide View Post
Are Cusco engine mounts universal in that you can put either one left or right side?
No, the one with the notch goes on the drivers side.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #3706
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Lee View Post
searched but no luck..
can anyone direct me to an in depth write up on how to replace a head gasket on a kade?
I'm mainly worried about fucking up the timing..
google time: 10 seconds

how to change head gasket on ka24 : 240SX Technical Forum

might want to cross reference that because it's nico.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #3707
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Anybody know where I can get S13 Blue tint side mirrors other than the Zilvia MP? Or would I have to tint them myself?
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #3708
shiftin_sideways
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
shiftin_sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
are s13 coilovers interchangeable with s14? Let's say the coilovers are stances al+pro.
shiftin_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #3709
roadster6909
BANNED

Where/what does this go to. Before i put my sr20 in

Thanks! I actually have my dad that works on metal, maybe he can do it for me.

Last edited by roadster6909; 12-19-2010 at 09:01 AM..
Old 12-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #3710
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I am starting to run my boost/ vacuum lines on my rb swap and I am kinda stuck.

I have a manual boost controller, which I assume goes to the port on the acuator.
then what about the 2 ports on the bov and the one sticking out of my intercooler piping? which goes where? This is what I can come up with.

From IM to top port on Boost controller,then bottom port goes to the tee that came with the BC, one side goes to the acuator, the other goes to the boost gauge? then another line from the IM to the BOV then from the BOV to the Intercooler piping? I am not sure if it's correct, just taking a guess.

Also would there be a problem with the boost if I ran the controller into the interior? I know most are in the engine bay, but I wanted mine mounted by the driver seat.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #3711
nissanfreak317
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
nissanfreak317 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_sideways View Post
are s13 coilovers interchangeable with s14? Let's say the coilovers are stances al+pro.
Seriously??? ...No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
I am starting to run my boost/ vacuum lines on my rb swap and I am kinda stuck.

I have a manual boost controller, which I assume goes to the port on the acuator.
then what about the 2 ports on the bov and the one sticking out of my intercooler piping? which goes where? This is what I can come up with.

From IM to top port on Boost controller,then bottom port goes to the tee that came with the BC, one side goes to the acuator, the other goes to the boost gauge? then another line from the IM to the BOV then from the BOV to the Intercooler piping? I am not sure if it's correct, just taking a guess.

Also would there be a problem with the boost if I ran the controller into the interior? I know most are in the engine bay, but I wanted mine mounted by the driver seat.

Manual boost controller should go between the nipple on the intercooler piping and the wastegate. Bov should see intake manifold pressure so it knows when to relieve excess pressure from the intercooler piping. Boost gauge should be hooked to intake mani as well so you know how much vacuum you are pulling. not sure about the second connection to bov, what brand/model?

Anyways, I would recommend against running your boost controller all the way into your cabin. The skinny tubes used for that thing need to be as short as possible because when they get long they cause really weird drops in pressure and stuff. I'm pretty sure about this but maybe someone who has done it can testify..
nissanfreak317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #3712
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanfreak317 View Post
Seriously??? ...No...

Manual boost controller should go between the nipple on the intercooler piping and the wastegate. Bov should see intake manifold pressure so it knows when to relieve excess pressure from the intercooler piping. Boost gauge should be hooked to intake mani as well so you know how much vacuum you are pulling. not sure about the second connection to bov, what brand/model?

Anyways, I would recommend against running your boost controller all the way into your cabin. The skinny tubes used for that thing need to be as short as possible because when they get long they cause really weird drops in pressure and stuff. I'm pretty sure about this but maybe someone who has done it can testify..
Okay I'll get a few pictures to help. It is a turbonetic's

I have heard about it being ran far and problems with it. I just wanted to double check. Thanks man.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #3713
roadster6909
BANNED

I tried google'ing a few pictures but hadn't really found anything..
I want to swap it back in today, but i hadn't got any responses on this yet..
Hopefully someone can answer all these simple questions i have to ask.

Come on sr swappers! please?.. Thanks!

# 1 )The red wire that has something that goes somewhere on end, and a tube sticking out... on tranny.

Better pic of it

#2)top right of the circle/ accelerator part of manifold
something screws into their i have the bolt but don't know what.. really silver on outside to help locate

#3)Big bolt on top of timing belt beneath the head something obviously/ probably goes their but what?

Two more on block that probably has something to do with that big bolt, but screws in. locations around front cover
#4 Does power steering circle bracket thing need to be on before engine goes in or can i put engine in then bolt the three bolts on ?

THE SITUATION (:
Old 12-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #3714
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Are there really any noticeable gains from a short ram intake? Compared to a stock intake on an S14 KA. I thought about getting an AEM short ram intake, but then I realized 130 is kind of steep if I don't get much out of it.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #3715
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I tried google'ing a few pictures but hadn't really found anything..
I want to swap it back in today, but i hadn't got any responses on this yet..
Hopefully someone can answer all these simple questions i have to ask.

Come on sr swappers! please?.. Thanks!

# 1 )The red wire that has something that goes somewhere on end, and a tube sticking out... on tranny.

Better pic of it

#2)top right of the circle/ accelerator part of manifold
something screws into their i have the bolt but don't know what.. really silver on outside to help locate

#3)Big bolt on top of timing belt beneath the head something obviously/ probably goes their but what?

Two more on block that probably has something to do with that big bolt, but screws in. locations around front cover
#4 Does power steering circle bracket thing need to be on before engine goes in or can i put engine in then bolt the three bolts on ?

THE SITUATION (:
The red tube is the breather hose for the tranny. That bracket on the end should go on where one of your bolts, bolt the tranny and engine together.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #3716
roadster6909
BANNED

I would never have thought of this sir, i thought it'd connect to something and i really appreciate your words.

Would you happen to know what goes on #3? That one would be hard to get to once the engine is in.

And can i bolt up the power steering after the engine is in, or?

I really, really appreciate it sir, thanks!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #3717
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
Okay I'll get a few pictures to help. It is a turbonetic's

I have heard about it being ran far and problems with it. I just wanted to double check. Thanks man.

That red hose should be going to the waste-gate nipple not the BOV. The bronze nipple under the coupler in the pic. The top BOV nipple should be hooked up to the intake manifold.

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/sites/...les/Raptor.pdf

You will not blow off or have any boost control with that setup.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #3718
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
negrosx13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to negrosx13
s13 sr20 redtop lower harness has left me with 2 extra plugs..am i using the right lower or should i be using the ka's harness?
Old 12-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #3719
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
negrosx13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to negrosx13
double post..........
Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #3720
schrapnel85
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
schrapnel85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to schrapnel85
I bought some bride seat fabric and i wanted to reupholster my door inserts. I tried searching on how it's done and all I found was that if your prior inserts are fine, use a strong adhesive and more or less glue the new fabric on? i also planned on doing the back seats and a shift boot. However there isnt really many custom interior shops in saskatoon that I'm aware of. If anyone could give me any pointers that would be much appreciated. Thanks.
schrapnel85 is offline   Reply With Quote