Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #3361
sam&cheese
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sam&cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Someone start a room!

Add me dorifto_sam
sam&cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #3362
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
what course will we do battle on
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #3363
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I vote for:
1) Special Stage 5
2) Deep Forest
3) Trial Mountain
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #3364
sam&cheese
Leaky Injector

I'm a fan of Suzuka just to keep it "JDM" but Nurburgring is good too.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #3365
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post
so i got the GT5 Cockpit out monday night and played all day yesterday. took some more in-depth pics of it.

Heel Toe (not actually possible in game)
Try it out on some PC sims, heel toe downshifting is a blast, especially in something like Rfactor with historix mod.

If you had the G25, you could put the shifter into sequential mode and use the paddle shifters as normal, and config the shifter into an ebrake

random
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gmPHSSkQVU
I like the adjustments this has, just needs a place to mount the shifter.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #3366
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I vote for:
1) Special Stage 5
2) Deep Forest
3) Trial Mountain
Tsukuba Circuit has to be in the mix there somewhere, I love Suzuka and Nurburgring GP/D because I've always had some amazing battles there.

In other news, I have a test S-Chassis Cup room up right now. Might not be for long though.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #3367
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
@hypertek- i dont think my PC is strong enough to run any of the sims out there on my tv. even with the upgrade video card.

my next mod i want to do over the winter is an e-brake mod. and then eventually paint the rig black.

somthing like this.

link to GTP Thread Hand brake Solution. - GTP Forums

i was also thinking about making a Y adapter made to plug into the end of the cord and into the wheel and another that is pinned to control the e-brake button and use another switch to an e-brake handle to switch it on/off. if that makes sense...
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #3368
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Got a request for you guys.

Anyone remember seeing the homemade steering wheel set up some clever guy made out of a big foot locker?

The had the seat on one end, with the pedals mounted on the other end of it, then it had like a 2x4 or something that he laid across and mounted the steering wheel and shifter too. The kicker is it had a lid that covered it all up and looked nice and clean. I've been trying my hardest to find pictures of it so I replicate it.

amd theres another one im looking for now thats like a coffin but closes to a coffee table like structure. will post up when i find it.

EDIT: FOUND IT!!

Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #3369
sam&cheese
Leaky Injector

Rooms up join!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #3370
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Tsukuba Circuit has to be in the mix there somewhere, I love Suzuka and Nurburgring GP/D because I've always had some amazing battles there.

In other news, I have a test S-Chassis Cup room up right now. Might not be for long though.
we should make an official time for all of us to meet up this week ! down with any of the courses suggested
Old 09-12-2011, 03:45 AM   #3371
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thanks Tek18B! That's fucking perfect, now I just have to find something like that, any ideas peeps? I'd like to join if you guys race on the weekend, my time scheudle is way different than yall's.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #3372
sam&cheese
Leaky Injector

Tomorrow night? Whats the time difference like in Japan? Me and Teddy were on a room the other night it would be pretty fun with a few more cars and a good big track.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 AM   #3373
Teddy
Post Whore!

Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Yeah a room full of S13s would be so cool.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #3374
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

im off today, name a time and i'll setup a car today. grip race or drift?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #3375
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Man, I just tried to make a Z31... That single turbo V6 is a torque monster! But it handles like shit, IMO...

If someone gets the Z31 & Z32 to handle right, the S-Chassis' are gonna have their hands FULL...
Old 09-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #3376
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
^ Screw that noise. I was tearing it up with my S30 last night!

edit: I also have a Z32 that drifts perfect.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #3377
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

any rooms up?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #3378
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
^ Screw that noise. I was tearing it up with my S30 last night!

edit: I also have a Z32 that drifts perfect.
My standard '98 Jspec Z32 grips great... My premium Us spec z32 sucks bawls. Understeer everywhere. I don't get it.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:03 AM   #3379
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i am super m.i.a.

smh...

i feel ashamed that i still cant afford another ps3...
Old 09-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #3380
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
My standard '98 Jspec Z32 grips great... My premium Us spec z32 sucks bawls. Understeer everywhere. I don't get it.
The premium Z32 is fine. It's not US-spec either. I only like to use factory cars for drifting. I try to stay away from performance shop drift cars or racing modified vehicles. However I do love my G37 from time to time.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #3381
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Nah, I prefer to tune my cars similar to how someone might tune them in real life... Like only modest weight reduction, hp limited to what you might be as common in a car build of that model. I never max out any of my cars.

I hate it when I trade for a car online, and I end up with a car thats already been fully lightened and has stage 3 engine mods... I finally got me a Nismo Z33 Z-tune and it was like that. I really wanted to experience it stock first... =\
Old 09-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #3382
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

sim give me your PSN name. i have a z33 z tune i think. its silver with the decal stripes on the side... i'll never use it!

my name is tek18b_jimmy

i won't be home till 9pm east coast time, so leave a message on my psn name and i'll also check here throughout the day.

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 09-16-2011 at 09:00 AM..
Old 09-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #3383
simmode1
Post Whore!

Oh god, thank you! PSN: turbo_angoleiro

I'll give you something nice for it if you want, but I'm all out of cool paint chips...

Let me know if anyone has a stock-isk 270R they wanna get rid of!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #3384
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I've been convinced to get back on GT5, even though I still don't have a place to mount my wheel again.

Btw, there aren't any early years Evo's in this game is there?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #3385
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I've been convinced to get back on GT5, even though I still don't have a place to mount my wheel again.

Btw, there aren't any early years Evo's in this game is there?
they have them in the used car dealership
Old 09-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #3386
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Really? I'm meaning Evo 1-3. I'll keep an eye and google the car list. I wanna get in on the S/Z chassis battle, I'll be in the S30 ofcourse (unless it sucks).

Edit: Oh shit there is!!! A 2 and 3, fucking cool. If any of you have one I'm sure you're probably not using it, I'd be glad to trade ya.

2nd edit: Going off of Teddy's rules in the last page, the S30 won't work, it's already 1010kg and the limit is 1100kg.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #3387
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
You can add weight to the cars so it could still work.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #3388
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Really? I'm meaning Evo 1-3. I'll keep an eye and google the car list. I wanna get in on the S/Z chassis battle, I'll be in the S30 ofcourse (unless it sucks).

Edit: Oh shit there is!!! A 2 and 3, fucking cool. If any of you have one I'm sure you're probably not using it, I'd be glad to trade ya.

2nd edit: Going off of Teddy's rules in the last page, the S30 won't work, it's already 1010kg and the limit is 1100kg.
Ballasts...
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #3389
Teddy
Post Whore!

Quote:
You can still use it, now with GT5's new updates they added a power limiter and weight ballasts. So you can run in more classes now which is neat.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #3390
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Yup, totally forgot about ballasts, it's been a while. Not like the S30 would be able to keep up though, it'll only put out around 270hp-ish max.

Seems like none of the older Z's keep up with the new Z's despite the older one's being nearly 100kg lighter. I tried the Z31 and it was 3 seconds off what I did in the Z33. Ah well, more experimenting ahead.