Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #3331
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Cool. Maybe you will inspire me to make a new car someday.
Hey Brian. That would be really cool. I think sometime you should do that and bring it to WSIR so we can hang out, OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSantes View Post
I think this is what trips people up the most with the 240. IMO, it's the little details that add up to making a special car. Not the set of $3000 wheels on a primered car. I'll notice brand new window trim before flake overloaded paint, but that's just me. In summary, this build makes me happy. lol.
I definitely agree. My car isn't really on that level when it comes to the paint and finer details, but I know we know people like Mr. Levan that are and it truly is something special to see an S chassis with that kid of attention to detail put into it. Rare to find it but very impressive when you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
COOL car man!
Thank you sir, can't wait to see yours!

__________________________________________________ ______________________

I'll have to post a small update tonight. Not a ton of changes, but a couple things have happened.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2015, 01:39 PM   #3332
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Woah, I am way behind here on Zilvia. Car still isn't on the road, but is very close now. Here's the cliff notes:

I picked up two pairs of Blitz Techno Speed Z2, 17x9 +15 front and 18x8 +45 rear. The rear pair was sent to VR wheels about six weeks ago to be relipped to 18x10 +21. The lips are finally supposed to come in today and I'm told the wheels will be completed a week from tomorrow. Tires arrive today. Can't wait to see these on the car.

I installed the Hot Road rear valence after several attempts to get it to fit right. It still isn't perfect, but it looks decent enough. Moving on to the sides next and then trimming the front for the intercooler. My hood is supposed to arrive at GTR Garage on their container tomorrow after nearly a five month wait, so I hope that comes through as well.

My seats are installed and the interior is nearly done. My last Defi gauge I was after arrived yesterday and I picked up a 60mm hole saw bit, so I think I am going to install those in the car this week. I still want to add a Safety 21 7 point cage but it will have to wait for a bit.

I think that's about it for how it sits right now. Really just a waiting game and buttoning up small exterior details before I can pull her out of the garage and give her a bath and a fresh tank of gas. Really excited to see the car out and about, just a matter of getting those rear wheels here first.

Finally, here are a couple quick cell phone snaps of the aero and hood mocked up.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #3333
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sheesh. Keep the party going
Old 05-14-2015, 02:14 PM   #3334
DILLONDILLONDILLON!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DILLONDILLONDILLON! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
LOOKING GOOD MAN! happy to see some more progress on your build. I'm trying to catch up to you lol
Old 05-16-2015, 10:41 PM   #3335
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
This reminds me of the koguchi video, at Nikko. That video is what got me into drifting/240s in the first place, many moons ago, and now this is giving me motivation to go work on my current project.

Car is looking great, and I can't wait to see the resurrection complete.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:00 AM   #3336
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks guys!

It's been a while once again. I finally decided to install my gauges in the dash like I wanted to years ago. I had an extra gauge and cup so I was messing around with putting an additional gauge on the dash but haven't decided on that. I tested them and found that the oil temp gauge I bought here on Zilvia from someone doesn't work so I'll need to replace that one before they can be wired up, but at leas they're more or less in place.

My rear wheels were completed by VR wheels and showed up earlier this week. I am super happy with the work they did and the final specs (18x10J +21). I tossed them on the car to snap a few photos prior to having the rear tires mounted:

I had the rear tires mounted yesterday and spent the evening trying to get the suspension settings where they need to be. Hoping to bleed the brakes and sit it on the ground tonight, but we'll see if I have the time. I took Friday off of work to be sure I can get it out of the garage, so if nothing else it should be out by then. Can't wait to see it!

One final note- I had to cancel my order for the Hot Road hood due to importer issues. Unfortunately after five months the hood was still nowhere to be found, so I went ahead and ordered a Koguchi Power hood from RHD Japan. Hoping it will be here soon!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-03-2015, 08:06 AM   #3337
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Looking good man! We hitting up an Import Alliance event next year? Your car and my car in my vendor booth... done deal!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:13 AM   #3338
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I'm going to pretend you didn't drill into a mint dash.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #3339
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
LOL! I cut and flocked my mint dash because it had to be done. The gauge install is spot on. It reminds me of Japanese tuner cars of yesteryear.

I LOVE the Blitz wheels for this setup. As usual, everything is absolutely spot on. I am not a hatch guy but my goodness yours is the exception to the rules.

Import Alliance you say?
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #3340
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The last 15 pages did not disappoint.
Personally i like where this one is going. A tad more subtle.
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #3341
rJZx

rJZx is an unknown quantity at this point
How much did you pay to ship the hood?
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:17 AM   #3342
BOXCAR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
BOXCAR is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if you have to ask......
BOXCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #3343
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
more than you can afford, pal.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:26 AM   #3344
rJZx

rJZx is an unknown quantity at this point
^Way out of my budget I was just curious, pal.
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #3345
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Looking good man! We hitting up an Import Alliance event next year? Your car and my car in my vendor booth... done deal!
Would be a lot of fun! I don't know if you will let a car with gauges mounted in the dash in your booth though... haha. That would be fun though assuming we get to bring Kyle along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
It had to happen, lol. I did wince a little though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
LOL! I cut and flocked my mint dash because it had to be done. The gauge install is spot on. It reminds me of Japanese tuner cars of yesteryear.

I LOVE the Blitz wheels for this setup. As usual, everything is absolutely spot on. I am not a hatch guy but my goodness yours is the exception to the rules.

Import Alliance you say?
Thanks man! That was definitely the goal. Appreciate the kind words! I need to check in on your project... I'm way behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasss View Post
The last 15 pages did not disappoint.
Personally i like where this one is going. A tad more subtle.
Definitely, I feel the same way! Kind of liking the slightly more reserved approach on the interior right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rJZx View Post
How much did you pay to ship the hood?
I think shipping was about $350 of the total but I can't remember for sure. If you add something like that to your cart on RHD Japan and run a quote you can see what the shipping cost will be to your door- pretty nice!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #3346
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Wow, what a weekend! I’m thrilled to say that I was able to drive my S13 again for the first time since I parted it out back in October of 2012. It was an amazing feeling to take a spin around the neighborhood in my car again. I don’t think you could have convinced me that I would get another chance to do that back when I sold it two and a half years ago.

I spent a couple hours late on Thursday night trying to get the suspension and ride height dialed in so that I could pull the car out of the garage on Friday. I knew I was going to be able to get the car out soon and decided it was best not to go into the office so that I’d have some time to putz around with it. After making some adjustments I had the car on the ground in the garage by the time I went to bed early Friday morning.

Friday was fairly hectic with attending my oldest daughter’s dance class in the morning and hanging with the family, but after nap time was over Kinsey and I were able to make some modifications to the front bumper, install the position lamps and all of the brackets needed, and finally mount it on the car. With the bumper in place, we fired it up and back the car out into the driveway for our first look at the (more or less) finished product. That’s when we snapped these photos and videos you’re viewing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKtpWMQNomc

I’ve gotta admit- I was pretty blown away with the outcome. I am pretty indecisive and change my mind all of the time when it comes to my cars, so to see the final product and to be so happy with it is a great feeling. I am really digging the Hot Road aero now that it’s all painted and on the car. I really wanted to try it and almost went ahead with it in 2012, but ultimately sold the car instead. It feels great to have this car back in the driveway!

I am also really happy with the wheels. I like Work XT7s a lot, but I just felt iffy about them. I’m glad I decided to go with the Blitz Z2s. Both the front and rear are .5″ less wide than my Blitz 03s were and I think that was a great choice. I should have a lot less trouble with these specs. I said I wouldn’t do lipped wheels again and would only go with monoblocks this time, but man… I really like it!

We were busy all day on Saturday, but last night I was able to drive the car around the block. A lot of my neighbors recognized that my project car was out and about and were quick to greet me with verbal compliments and thumbs pointed towards the sky. It didn’t take long before the neighborhood kids were yelling things to me either. Definitely one of my favorite trips around the block!

I still need to sort some details and clean things up in the bay, but here's how it looks at the moment:

The same can be said for the interior. It's getting there, though:

Unfortunately, the car began to run as if it were on three cylinders and was blowing white smoke a bit later in the night. I pulled it back in the garage and was really bummed out and concerned. After a bit of reading it sounded like either one of my injectors was stuck open or one of the o-rings may be bad. I pulled the plugs and found that cylinder number three had a small pool of fuel on the cylinder. I replaced the o-rings when the engine was apart, so I suspect a stuck injector. I’m going to throw a spare in tonight and hopefully that will solve the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTbXevLKx_Y

Despite a couple of kinks to work out and details that still need to be completed, I’m really pumped about having the car out and about. Hopefully this week I can work out some of the bugs, get the car plated and insured, and try venturing around town a bit!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #3347
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Laughing here at work.

You've built this car twice now while my car is stripped down to bare bones.

Nice to see it put back together though.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #3348
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
fantastico
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #3349
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wolfpack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Good job dude! Cool car!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:22 PM   #3350
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Congratulations, man!

The car looks amazing.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #3351
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Maybe my favorite version of this car. Looks Great.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #3352
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Good to see it running again!

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:55 AM   #3353
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Must feel good to bring it back from the dead. Great work sir!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:07 PM   #3354
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. Definitely hard to describe having it back! Never expected this to play out like this, but you never know what life is going to send your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Laughing here at work.

You've built this car twice now while my car is stripped down to bare bones.

Nice to see it put back together though.
haha! Thanks man. I have heard that from a few people now. I'm sure you'll get there though! It's much easier putting it together for what feels like the one hundredth time.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

After cruising around the block a couple times on Sunday I found that the car was beginning to run a bit strange. It sounded like it was on three cylinders and there was some white smoke coming from the exhaust. After doing a bit of research I found that this can be caused by a stuck injector or a bad injector o-ring. I replaced all of the o-rings when I had the motor apart, so I suspected a bad injector. I pulled all of the plugs and found that the #3 plug was wet and there was a puddle of fuel on the piston.

I took out my #3 fuel injector on Monday night and found that the o-ring was torn despite the fact that I just replaced them. I must not have greased that one well enough and pinched it somehow during the install. After letting the fuel in the cylinder evaporate for a day, I swapped in a replacement injector and put everything back together. I am pretty sure my spark plugs are in rough shape now so I'll need to replace those as well (even though they were brand new... bummer.)

Last night I was able to pull the car into the driveway and give it its first proper wash since October of 2012. Pretty crazy to be washing this thing again. It's definitely in need of some attention, but at least all of the initial grime is off of it now. My oldest daughter and all of her neighborhood buddies were excited to get in on the action. Needless to say I had to redo all of it after they went to bed, but at least they were getting a kick out of it.

It's pretty tough for me to troubleshoot anything with the car that requires the engine to be running as it always wakes my kids up. I'm typically too distracted to get anything done while they are awake so that can be a challenge. I was only able to let it run and take it up and down the street for a few minutes, but the car still seemed to be burning some fuel off and smoking a bit during that time. I am hoping it's just residual and it needs to run a bit longer to be rid of it, but we'll see if I get lucky or not. I pulled the plugs again and none of the o-rings appear to be leaking now. I'm sure a fresh set of plugs will only help matters.

My brother got me a cheap HID kit for the car for my birthday that I installed last night as well. This is more or less the same setup I had on the car previously.

I didn't get any pics, but after that I reinstalled some of my interior plastics and the glove box that had been removed during the rebuild process. I just need to wire up my gauges and Pivot controller and then the interior should be set. I also sold my Nardi 360mm steering wheel and picked up a different one that will be here Friday, so that will be installed over the weekend.

I'm hoping to keep plugging away at the small details I have left through the rest of the week and with any luck start driving the car soon.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #3355
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Flawless Victory........ Twice lol! She is simply beautiful.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #3356
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
PNP FTL but besides that it looks good!
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:59 AM   #3357
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Flawless Victory........ Twice lol! She is simply beautiful.
lol, thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
PNP FTL but besides that it looks good!
I don't know what that means. lol

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #3358
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yes finally! I think we are all almost as excited as you were to see this thing out of the garage.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #3359
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Plug and play for the loss
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #3360
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
So happy for you! Car came out amazing again and i love the Blitz's, hopefully you can do some more driving soon and make sure its all sorted out.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote