Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #3301
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
way to go PHIL we can have matching cars kinda. Work has been super crazy this week. Time to relax
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #3302
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer
got my rear bumper on, fit with out modification, and i was able to do it with my shitty knee too, the front bumper requires major mods though, while the side skirts are going to require some minor modifications to fit

looks good
cant wait till i grad college... i want to go uras kouki and maybe import a 00'+ fd. ill be balllllin outta control!
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #3303
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
That looks awesome! +1 for posting pics when it's done.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #3304
darkside40
Leaky Injector

darkside40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up guys, ive been a long reader of this post and im still pretty new to the scene. I went to one of the Irvine meets a while back when it was freezing. Since then, my s13s been a lil out of commission. Im lookin to pick up a 91-94 KA24de OBDI. I want to yank my rattling KA24e. I would go with another engine...but due to our location, I'm trying to stay as legit as possible. Ive searched up and down this forum and some of the other forums. I called a couple of the places that swap out SR's with the hopes of finding a KA hanging around but no luck. Does anyone know where or from whom I could pick up one of these? Thanks for the help. Hope to see you guys soon with the whip up and runnin.
darkside40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #3305
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
There are usually de's in the FS section locally. That would probably be your best bet.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #3306
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

ok dude, I found this on the first page of the fs section:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=136417

there's your KADE
Old 04-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #3307
darkside40
Leaky Injector

i saw that...but i was lookin for a 91-94 just because I wanted to make sure it was OBD I. I might be wrong but the '96 is OBD II so I was stayin away from that....thanks for the help though...i'll keep my eye out. I was just seeing if any of the irvine heads knew of anything locally that wasnt posted or something.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #3308
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
95 is 0bd1 so you could get an s14
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #3309
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

well if you use your harness and an OBDI ECU, then it should work as an OBDI. Search that one up, though.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:46 AM   #3310
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside40
i saw that...but i was lookin for a 91-94 just because I wanted to make sure it was OBD I. I might be wrong but the '96 is OBD II so I was stayin away from that....thanks for the help though...i'll keep my eye out. I was just seeing if any of the irvine heads knew of anything locally that wasnt posted or something.
It's the same freaking engine. Just use your s13 intake manifold and dizzy. Plus keep your s13 cams.
Jung918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #3311
darkside40
Leaky Injector

Thanks for all the help...i didnt know I could do all of that...i'll look into all of this...like i said before...still a newb in the house...still trying to figure out the mechanics of going from a sohc to a dohc..i figured just doing it all at once would be the easiest...But thanks again guys..I really appreciate all of the input

btw...coreansurfer..looks good! Can't wait to see it when its all done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung918
It's the same freaking engine. Just use your s13 intake manifold and dizzy. Plus keep your s13 cams.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #3312
Jung918
Post Whore!

Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside40
Thanks for all the help...i didnt know I could do all of that...i'll look into all of this...like i said before...still a newb in the house...still trying to figure out the mechanics of going from a sohc to a dohc..i figured just doing it all at once would be the easiest...But thanks again guys..I really appreciate all of the input

btw...coreansurfer..looks good! Can't wait to see it when its all done.
O Snap! I'm not sure from sohc to dohc. I was talking about s13 dohc and s14 dohc.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #3313
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Get whatever motor. An early 95 KA is OBD-1 so it would be good also. You kinda wanna stay away from the 95.5 KAs which have all the emissions crap and stuff from being OBD-2, but it's still doable. You're also gonna need the PS lines and reservoir if you're gonna wanna retain your PS.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #3314
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192
Get whatever motor. An early 95 KA is OBD-1 so it would be good also. You kinda wanna stay away from the 95.5 KAs which have all the emissions crap and stuff from being OBD-2, but it's still doable. You're also gonna need the PS lines and reservoir if you're gonna wanna retain your PS.
And you do want to retain your power steering, so you're going to need the new lines and a reservoir. It sucks without power steering.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #3315
darkside40
Leaky Injector

yeah...so it sounds like im looking for a 91- through early 95 then....well..im on the hunt...if you guys hear anything...let me know...again..I really appreciate all the help and info
i was thinkin about callin up rnd and seeing if anybody was doing an sr swap over there and had an engine lying around but i havent had a chance to get to it. that $3k sr swap sounds like a good deal...but...like i said before...im not trying to get popped by the cops out here...and i don't want to deal with all the hassle...Anyways...I'll get at you all later.
Have a Good Easter!
Old 04-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #3316
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #3317
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

DON'T go to RnD. They are overpriced and they don't do good work.

About the legal issue, see my sig.

There's also KA-T or RB. RBs are awesome.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #3318
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
agreed, RB FTW
Old 04-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #3319
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192
+1 for being the first to mention that early 95's are obd1 while late are obd2.

There's also benefits for having an early model DE (s13) over later model DE assuming you want to go turbo. 9.2 compression and better cams on early model blah blah. And, I dont quite agree about R&D's rating... They treat me well.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #3320
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

Never had a good experience with them. They're wayy overpriced, they lie, and they're jerks.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #3321
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcdougle
Never had a good experience with them. They're wayy overpriced, they lie, and they're jerks.
yea yea i know you expressed your opinion to me already on it but I am just expressing mine...
Old 04-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #3322
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

yea, I'm not doubting you've had a good experience with them, but you're one of the few.

So anyway, Happy Easter.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #3323
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

JER For The Win
Old 04-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #3324
darkside40
Leaky Injector

Yeah..i read alot of ups and downs with RND....i was just thinkin they might have a KA hanging around from people who did swaps with them already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcdougle
Old 04-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #3325
Jung918
Post Whore!

Just get any dohc you can find. The 95+ still has a internal dizzy while the s13 have an external dizzy. If you want the least amount of headache pick up a 91-94. Just remember that you will most likely get a high mileage engine. It isn't difficult to change out the intake manifold with the engine out. I would get a s14 motor since they tend to be in better condition.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:54 AM   #3326
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
RND is hit or miss.

they were doing swaps for 2500. which is pretty cheap.

so i dont know.

otherwise do it yourself if u can it always saves money.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 AM   #3327
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

with cars, you definitely get what you pay for, remember that
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #3328
darkside40
Leaky Injector

i'm with you on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer
with cars, you definitely get what you pay for, remember that
Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #3329
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
so im bored at work speculating. All of you know about the accord. So let me put up a question. Trade in the accord for a wrx impreza or keep it. trade in value is about equal to what we have in it. so it would be financing about another 3k. Resale values down the road and also reliability issues. I just wanna hear opinions
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #3330
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
If your payment only goes up by less than $50 I say go for it.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote