Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #301
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Lol! If that was mine, I wouldn't be hanging out on Zilvia so much. Just something I found on google images for ppl who are fans of Beemers on TE37's.
heres a thread for ya simmode1

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=737546
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #302
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Nice. But I dislike sedans. This, however, tickles my penor: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=925930
Old 12-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #303
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
point was to show that there is not a big of a styling difference between the outgoing e90 and the incoming f30
Old 12-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #304
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Gotcha. I gotta say, while the F82 is more muscular, it is also too busy looking to me. The E92 manages to still be sleek in its aggressiveness. The F82 is covered in weird lines and angles. And despite the F82 being lighter, it looks bigger in every way. That kinda turns me off. But it is a good thing that it's not as fat as it looks.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:12 AM   #305
simmode1
Post Whore!

It may be bigger in overall dimensions than the e92, goddamn if it doesn't make a ton of visual impact...
Old 12-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #306
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You guys are sick
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #307
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

^relax w/ the post whoring plz
Old 12-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #308
simmode1
Post Whore!

Forget what the haters say. I think the E92 just might be something special. Aside from the turbo power, they look amazing.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #309
simmode1
Post Whore!

E85 Z4's dipping below $9k now... Opinions?
Old 12-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #310
Corbic
Post Whore!

I hate the hood/ bumper matting detail on the Z4.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #311
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
E85 Z4's dipping below $9k now... Opinions?
I forsee an immediate future where z3s and z4s are going for $1500-5k running condition
Old 12-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #312
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
shit i think i may have to buy an e46 m3. prices are good right now. When i was 16 i would have never guessed that an m3 would be a reasonable purchase at 26.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:19 AM   #313
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Boom, got my AA stage 2 Supercharger locked down!
and widebody project starts this week.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #314
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
I forsee an immediate future where z3s and z4s are going for $1500-5k running condition
That would be fucking amazing, imo. If the cost of diy turbo kits becomes more reasonable, that will be a great recipe for a fun & cheap car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
Boom, got my AA stage 2 Supercharger locked down!
and widebody project starts this week.
Liberty Walk?
Old 12-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #315
simmode1
Post Whore!

Saw a Monaco Blue 6spd E92 335i on the local Craigslist for under $13k this morning. Good lord, they are getting cheap & they aren't showing any signs off slowing down. Here's a couple of well written and comprehensive article on taking the N54/N55 to FBO status and miximizing the stock turbos. http://blog.modbargains.com/5-ways-t...s-for-bmw-n54/
http://blog.modbargains.com/5-ways-to-fbo-bmw_n55/
Old 12-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #316
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Saw a Monaco Blue 6spd E92 335i on the local Craigslist for under $13k this morning. Good lord, they are getting cheap & they aren't showing any signs off slowing down. Here's a couple of well written and comprehensive article on taking the N54/N55 to FBO status and miximizing the stock turbos. http://blog.modbargains.com/5-ways-t...s-for-bmw-n54/
http://blog.modbargains.com/5-ways-to-fbo-bmw_n55/

Coupe?

Hmmm
Old 12-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #317
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Oh yeah. Of course. I only look for coupes. Sedans are invisable to me. I'm gonna start only looking for newer N55 powered coupes though. Cheaper to upgrade 1 turbo than 2. Here's that sub $13k one I mentioned. Pretty high mileage. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/4804597736.html
Old 12-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #318
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
^^^Oh yeah. Of course. I only look for coupes. Sedans are invisable to me. I'm gonna start only looking for newer N55 powered coupes though. Cheaper to upgrade 1 turbo than 2. Here's that sub $13k one I mentioned. Pretty high mileage. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/4804597736.html
lol you really think youre going to get to the point where youre going to need to upgrade the turbo setup on the n54/5, props if you ever get that serious.

personally I would look for the best cared e9x for what money youre trying to spend.

because realistically these cars will continue to depreciate, it will get to the point where e46s are now in another 5-8 years.

the only saving grace in regards to value if you are thinking you will not keep this specific car forever is its color/package setup. BMW ppl will pay extra for the rarer factory specifications.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #319
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
lol you really think youre going to get to the point where youre going to need to upgrade the turbo setup on the n54/5, props if you ever get that serious.

personally I would look for the best cared e9x for what money youre trying to spend.
Sound logic. I just look at this car similar to the JZA80 Supra. It's a sleek car with powerhouse potential. I'd like the option of not having to replace 2 turbos or buy a whole new manifold if I decide I want big power.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #320
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Sound logic. I just look at this car similar to the JZA80 Supra. It's a sleek car with powerhouse potential. I'd like the option of not having to replace 2 turbos or buy a whole new manifold if I decide I want big power.
yes youve said this before.

n55 aftermarket isnt the same as the n54 aftermarket atm, prob wont be for another few years, but with a longer production run than the n54 the n55 will eventually become the choice engine.

when you actually get all the bpus and youre ready to move into the big hp zone (which if for some wild reason 470/470 crank isnt good enough) then its gonna take a lot of $$$$, which you already spent a lot of just to get to this point.

currently the 'big turbo' aftermarket for the n54 is barren and for the n55 its nonexistent

w/ the stock exhaust mani, oem turbo upgrades only add another +-100 whp

custom exhaust manifold, dp, wastegate, big single turbo, custom tuning will get past the 700 hp zone but were talking like $12-15 grand for all that? Youre gonna blow a piston and rings eventually factor that in as well.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20406
http://www.fftec.com/category/114/Turbo_Upgrades.html
http://www.pureturbos.com/store/bmw-...o-upgrade.html
http://performance.vargasturbo.com/b...ducts/bmw-n55/
Old 12-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #321
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Totally agreed. But I'm expecting that area of the afterrmarket the continue growing. You're totally right though, that 470hp & 470ft/lbs is likely plenty for me. I tend to stay on the conservative side. But I enjoy having options. Can you elaborate on the OEM turbo upgrades adding another 100hp though? I'm not too familiar with that...

Last edited by simmode1; 12-24-2014 at 10:12 AM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #322
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Can you elaborate on the OEM turbo upgrades adding another 100hp though? I'm not too familiar with that...
yes youre getting modded oem turbos in the same regards as ppl who get their T28 sent off to be upgraded.

you send yours back or pay for a core charge.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27750
Old 12-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #323
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^I see. Very nice. Even with that option, I imagine upgrading the N55's single turbo would be considerabley cheaper than upgrading both of the N54's twins. Plus, targeting an N55 powered car may yield a vehicle with less wear & tear. Whatever. Neither engine is a deal breaker was long as the car is in good condition and preferrably Lemans Blue.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #324
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
That would be fucking amazing, imo. If the cost of diy turbo kits becomes more reasonable, that will be a great recipe for a fun & cheap car.

Liberty Walk?
No no.I am doing All metal rear and maybe a custom flare/or rocket bunny frs fender trimmed to fit the front.
not 100% yet, I am ordering a new set of rear quarter panels and I am going to mount it over the original one just like we do with 240sx aftermarket wide fenders.

and might flare the bottom.
SC is an AA stage 2.

Edit: I test drove the M4 last night.
It does feel super light and scary quick even though its in it's break in period and wouldnt allow me to red line..
It does feel cheaper then the E92 M3's tho...maybe it's because it doesnt have the sound or the "heavy pull feeling" like the E92 M3's V8.

The fenders look very easy to flare/pull.since they dont have the stupid flat line.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #325
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^ Oh man. Sounds like a nice way to break the internet. GL! About the M4 though, I can't even imagine how fun it will be with FBO's. How did the handling feel in comparison to the vague & floaty feeling that people always say about E9x's?
Old 12-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #326
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
About the M4 though, I can't even imagine how fun it will be with FBO's. How did the handling feel in comparison to the vague & floaty feeling that people always say about E9x's?
eps is eps theres really no way around it except for traditional hydraulic steering.

in regards to the M4,

ppl are fitting 19x11s w/ 305s rear fender no rolling, 11.5s w/ 325s as well.

and then theres the s55:
Old 12-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #327
simmode1
Post Whore!

I swear, I've never seen anything like the S55's dyno charts. Cray. It's like the N54/55 is like a modern 1JZ and the S55 is like a super 2JZ on roids... http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=975864
Old 12-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #328
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I swear, I've never seen anything like the S55's dyno charts. Cray. It's like the N54/55 is like a modern 1JZ and the S55 is like a super 2JZ on roids... http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=975864
more like a modern s52 m52
Old 12-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #329
simmode1
Post Whore!

I was just comparing them to engines of similar factory aspiration. But i see where you're coming from. This is one insane motor. S55's are getting damn near 500hp with just a tune & Pure already has upgraded turbo's for it offering yet another 100hp. All while weighing around the same as an E46 M3. All of the power of a N54/55 FBO setup with much less hassle. Dayum. Makes me wonder what BMW has in store with the M2...
Old 12-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #330
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Makes me wonder what BMW has in store with the M2...
they will do the same as they did w/ the 1M, give it a N55 w/ a few extra psi of boost.