Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #301
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I read somewhere that the quake moved all of Honshu 8 feet.

At any rate, do we have a Zilvia fund yet, or are people just donating individually?

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #302
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
not that this is as nearly as important (actually its not important at all) but im assuming all the people that import parts and motors from japan are gonna have it though for a while.

I really hope everything goes well with our Japanese friends this is too unreal.
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #303
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240love View Post
not that this is as nearly as important (actually its not important at all) import parts and motors from japan are gonna have it though for a while.
I think lets stay on focus and hoping for the best for those affected.Parts come and go, but People,Family and best friends cannot be replaced like parts, so lets stay on focus with this thread.

Quote:
I really hope everything goes well with our Japanese friends this is too unreal.
lets stay focused on this.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #304
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Official Death toll so far is at 763...official number of missing is around the same number. What confuses the living crap out of me is that they are also reporting towns where 10,000 people are missing.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #305
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
if they offer expense paid volunteering I would consider it, I would like to help.
same. a buddy of mine did something like that for the BP spill.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #306
racer98
Post Whore!

racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
as of this past friday:

Quote:
Nissan Plants Closed After Japan Quake

In the wake of the biggest earthquake in the history of Japan, several industrial giants, including a few auto makers, have begun assessing the damage and announcing the measures taken to limit

and repair them. The most hit two auto makers, as some of you already know, were Nissan and Toyota.

Nissan announced late last night what operations have been shut down and what operations have been in some way affected by the quake. According to the car maker, the damage and fires caused by the massive shaking have slightly injured only two of its employees.

In all, yesterday Nissan closed five of its Japanese plants: Iwaki Plant (Iwaki City, Fukushima Prefecture), Tochigi Plant (Kawachi County, Tochigi Prefecture), Yokohama Plant (Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture), Oppama Plant (Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture), Zama Operations Center (Zama City, Kanagawa Prefecture).

For now, there is no telling how long the shutdown of the plants will last. Nissan says all the plants will remain closed throughout Saturday March 12 and Sunday March 13, but it also adds that resuming the work on Monday “will be decided after all assessments including suppliers, are
conducted.”

Nissan Plants Closed After Japan Quake - autoevolution
Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #307
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The bailed out big 3 must be celebrating ^ . I hope not but yeah it falls in their favor
Old 03-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #308
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post

The yard with all of the cars on fire is Nissan's VPC EXPORT lot

yes those are Infinity's
my beloved g37's TT.TT
Old 03-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #309
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
The bailed out big 3 must be celebrating ^ . I hope not but yeah it falls in their favor
nope I'd not be celebrating about anything at this point about that sort of stuff being there are VPC centers in japan as well and other private small companies that had product sitting at the ports waiting for inspection and entry and also Ford, Chrysler , GM/Opel/Vaxhaul/Holden's are sold in Japan as well and have import VPC lots in Japan.

VPC= vehicle processing centers.

I'm sure all underwriters/insurance companies are in crisis meetings right now.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #310
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Any more information about the reactors? I keep reading and hearing reports on the matter, and the information is conflicting.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #311
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
LOL I didnt even think about that, but fuck the insurance companies anyway.

Basically entire towns got washed away and they have no way of knowing who survived or who wasnt there or whatever. So until they are able to locate and account for everyone in the population of a given city, they have to say they are missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Newspaper

The Japanese port town of Minamisanriku, situated 55 miles from the epicentre of yesterday's earthquake, where almost 10,000 people are still unaccounted for.

LOCAL AUTHORITIES in the Japanese prefecture of Miyagi have said that over half of the population of the port town of Minamisanriku is still unaccounted for following the tsunami that hit the town yesterday.

About 9,500 people are unaccounted for in the town, which had a population of just under 18,000.

With figurse yet to be offered from other towns, the current death toll – which the Kyodo news agency suggested is now approaching 1,700 – could surge into five figures as rescue operations begin in the coming days.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #312
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Any more information about the reactors? I keep reading and hearing reports on the matter, and the information is conflicting.
I said this a page ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Just watched the news.
There was an explosion but it wasnt a reactor. They are still worried about fallout tho. And so far 9 confirmed people with radiation.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #313
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^ Ah cool, thanks for posting up. The whole situation is ridiculous to follow atm. It goes from OMG to "all clear" back to OMG again, and then to "no biggie"....
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #314
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
^^ Ah cool, thanks for posting up. The whole situation is ridiculous to follow atm. It goes from OMG to "all clear" back to OMG again, and then to "no biggie"....
Ya my Japanese friends in Japan are kinda upset with the Japanese Government right now. They are all sitting there going.. "these people need help" and the Government just keeps on making statements but not doing anything.

It reminds me very much of how the U.S. government acted with Hurricane Katrina. Of course part of the Katrina issue was the actual mayor of New Orleans and the Gov of Louisiana not declaring the disaster soon enough as well.

None the less sometimes bureaucracies( Governments) get in the way and slow down action.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #315
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
governments will drag their asses if theres no profit to be had. Not to stray from the topic but the food produced in CA alone could feed the world but, again, politics wont allow it because its not as profitable as they would like.
DS562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #316
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Wifey emailed me this morning and said that the Yokomachi just opened up again so they were able to get some fresh food. The little things make all the difference
Old 03-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #317
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
good to know steps are being taken. I was watching the footage again on the news, seeing everything get washed away was so unreal.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #318
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
It reminds me very much of how the U.S. government acted with Hurricane Katrina. Of course part of the Katrina issue was the actual mayor of New Orleans and the Gov of Louisiana not declaring the disaster soon enough as well.
No to mention the person in charge of FEMA at the time was unqualified, only having worked for the International Arabian Horse Association.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #319
Wake
Premium Member

Lets really not turn this into "how they fucked up after katrina" convo, because that will go forever.

Unfortunately Dave is right and red tape has tendency to slow shit down to a crawl. We have such strict laws and systems in place that we cant just go give help to people when they need it the worst.
Im by no means an anarchist but reform is long overdue.

On another note. Does anyone know how this has affected the exchange rate? I hear right after it happened (quake/tsunami) that the yen had already dipped but I didnt see any figures.
Im not asking because I want to know how cheap shit will be but it has a direct affect on how easy it is for a given country to recover.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-13-2011, 03:03 AM   #320
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

81.86 according to xe.com
US Dollar: CURRENCY:USDJPY quotes & news - Google Finance
81.89 according to google

looks like it dropped about 1 yen/dollar on the 11th
Old 03-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #321
Wake
Premium Member

CRAZY!!

Hey Jason Im glad to hear you wife and friends are doing ok. Im sure finally getting some good food has helped a ton. I know after the earthquake here ('89) we werent even allowed in our house and it was Oct which is pretty cold for california. All i wanted was to eat some real food and go get in my bad. We ended up having to sleep in a tent in the front yard for a couple nights.

Im glad to keep seeing good news in this thread, in comparison to the horrible shit on the news and online. At least we know the people in contact here are ok and surviving.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #322
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks man. Her city is about 193 miles north of Sendai, but still, an 8.9 is pretty fucking epic. I recently saw some pictures of her city that a friend of mine from the nearby airbase took. Some damage, but compared to other places, they made it out of this relatively unscathed. I just hope all is back to normal transportation wise by next month when she's scheduled to fly home to Cali
Old 03-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #323
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection

Old 03-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #324
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i wonder how many tracks got funked up
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #325
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
^^^^lets hope no one was in any of those buildings/garages, and it was just cars.

the least we can do

Pray/Hope For Japan — Home
Old 03-13-2011, 04:50 AM   #326
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Damn, radiation is high as hell right now. Everyone around the plant should just evacuate 40+ plus miles screw 12!
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #327
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Just out of curiosity, have they made a decision if Drift Matsuri is still gonna happen or not? I have a couple folks down here in Oki who are planning on shipping cars up north, I'm telling them it's probably gonna be canceled considering Ebisu is between Tokyo and Sendai.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #328
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
pretty crazy/neat vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFEQvh7Ikk
Old 03-13-2011, 06:05 AM   #329
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Just out of curiosity, have they made a decision if Drift Matsuri is still gonna happen or not? I have a couple folks down here in Oki who are planning on shipping cars up north, I'm telling them it's probably gonna be canceled considering Ebisu is between Tokyo and Sendai.
ebisu has cars hanging off cliffs and shit
powervehicles storage area is fucked

im sure there is more damage than that too. my guess is NO
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #330
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Damn this thread makes me sick. So much damage.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote