Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #301
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
By it I assume you mean Toby's faux hawk as he steps out of the car....
Damn, I almost cut my hair yesterday too. I'll let that shittte grow for another couple weeks.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #302
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
it's going to be a maux-hawk by the time damon gets here haha. awesome. top dawg will be proud i'm sure.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #303
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
Who fucking cares!? So its maybe 100 pounds heavier? Thats about a tenth of a second slower, but when you take throttle response into consideration its probably quicker.
Is this your car? Is it something you're in charge of? Are you paying the bills?
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Broadfield, he's one of the few who's actually doing everything himself, and the end result doesn't look like a 21 year old car thats been put threw hell. It's probably cleaner than the majority of brand new cars at the stealership.
If you don't like his car, then theres a pretty damn simple solution, dont click on his threads!

Back on topic, Im pretty excited to see where this build goes. IMHO I think that this is the quality that ALL S-chassis owners should strive for.
You're an idiot.
I'm ALL IN FAVOUR for LS swaps... Hence why I've followed suit.
No where in my post do I bash the LS (an engine going in my own car) or Toby's car. I like Toby's car quite a bit in fact. Maybe you'd know that if you didn't jump to conclusions like an ass-hat.
My post was simply to state relief that some people are finally getting that the LS is in fact heavy. Do I care if it's 100 heavier? Fuck no.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #304
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
must be sad to be tearing her all down...i would be sad hah it was such a nice setup
Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #305
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
must be sad to be tearing her all down...i would be sad hah it was such a nice setup
It is a little sad. I had a lot of time/money into it and it treated my oh so well over the last few years. But I keep envisioning the bigger/better things to come

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #306
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
It is a little sad. I had a lot of time/money into it and it treated my oh so well over the last few years. But I keep envisioning the bigger/better things to come

Well it's always said that a project car never is truly done, Just in a different phase. Besides I'm sure if you are selling off alot of the stuff in the car you've made a great deal of money back already.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #307
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Jesus H. it's cold out... I really need to get some heat in my garage. It was -2 outside tonight and I REALLY did not want to go out in the garage and work. But I sacked up and worked on it for an hour or so. Just trying to get everything off that people are starting to pay for.

Also trying to keep everything organized as I go:

I have been too spoiled working on my car in my business's shop in the past. The heat and size of the space are an obvious bonus. But not having my full disposal of tools sucks sometimes. I have been collecting a decent setup of Snap-On tools in the last couple of years for my house garage, but nothing like what I have at work. So when I went to remove the turbo manifold tonight I hit a dead-end when I went to remove the 12pt. 12mm nuts. I easily got all of them off with a ratcheting wrench except for the last one by the water neck. I need a deep well 12pt. socket on an extension to get in there and all I have at home are 6pt. sockets. So that, along with the cold, convinced me to hang it up for the night. It's 1:30am anyway and I still need to watch some TV.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #308
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Yeah man, it's way too cold out there. Don't work too hard- I want to be there when that thing comes out of the bay, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #309
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

I as thinking about calling you last ngiht when I got off work, but then I was like hmm...I'd rather play SWAT.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #310
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Yeah man, it's way too cold out there. Don't work too hard- I want to be there when that thing comes out of the bay, haha.
Yeah, it might not happen next weekend anyway.... still waiting on my engine hoist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
I as thinking about calling you last ngiht when I got off work, but then I was like hmm...I'd rather play SWAT.
Thanks for the support Greg!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #311
driftertim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
driftertim is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftertim Send a message via MSN to driftertim
Your car is famous already, I read about it on our little Canadian forum ( MontrealRacing ). Pretty cool to slap in a V8, I'm sure the little extra weight in the front is not going to have a lot of negatives because that sweet torque band from the LS will make up for it from even under a thousand rpm. Dont worry man, no one is hating .
Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #312
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
It was -24 here this morning, Fuck that noise. good to see you have more ambition then i do to go work out in the cold weather, although they are calling for 40's next week i'm hearing
Old 02-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #313
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

I think the reason everyone has sand in their vaginas about the weight difference is because of the effect it would have on the balance of the car, not m4d tyt3 street racing weight savings.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #314
driftertim
Zilvia Member

driftertim is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to driftertim Send a message via MSN to driftertim
I see your battery is in the front and relocating it to the back, perhaps a double battery setup even adding to traction in the rear.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #315
az24tsx
Zilvia Member

az24tsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Now I see what you been busy with. Goodluck on the build man

az24tsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 AM   #316
s14freak93901
Zilvia Member

s14freak93901 can only hope to improve
lookin good.
s14freak93901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #317
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Actually mine is small for the USA... it's not even a 3-car garage or extra deep. Mine is basically the standard for a 2-car. I debated doing a 3-car when I had the house built 4 years ago, but the extra $15k to do so didn't seem worth it since I have the shop at my business. Now I'm kind of kicking myself. My next house WILL have a 3-car and be extra deep for sure. I'll probably do a lift in it also.
You'd laugh if you saw UK spec garages. This is what I'm currently working with:

YouTube - Putting the S14 (200sx/240sx) away for the winter

Old 02-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #318
kornmanz
Leaky Injector

kornmanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Lookin great man. Can't wait to see the new setup when its done!
kornmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #319
schrapnel85
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
schrapnel85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to schrapnel85
great work..but -2, is that all! that's shorts and a tshirt where I'm from haha...keep up the progress.
schrapnel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #320
BC S14
Zilvia Member

BC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choices
Mabe ls3 turbo? I was going to do the ls1 swap till I drove one, i'd just miss the boost too much. Also I highly reccomend a propane tank top heater. Any hardware store. I paid 35bux and it's brings mine up to almost 80*. If it's at least 40* outside. I'll go all week 10hrs a day on one tank. Mad respect on the car. I'm glad you didn't put a dress, wing, and 20's cambered to shit on it like most people on this site. If I were to build an s13, that's exactly how i'd want it. Same color and all. In fact, if you ever want to sell it lmk.

Formally girl's n sil's
BC S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #321
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
What is the black on the inner fenders? just normal paint or is it a heat/sound dampening paint?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #322
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
What is the black on the inner fenders? just normal paint or is it a heat/sound dampening paint?
it appears to be undercoating

ive finally gotten back into working on my project too, with the better weather and all. -2? fuck that. i dont go out if its 40F or less.

no wonder most folks in colder climates drink and are alcoholics... i would be too.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #323
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

It is Por-15
Old 02-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #324
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
It is 3M undercoating.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #325
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Actually worked on the car a few hours today. The bay is pretty much stripped except for the brake lines, master cylinder, booster and the long block. Today I pulled the chassis harness for the front clip, engine harness, all A/C lines, condenser, dash board and all that goes along with doing that.

I'll be pulling the motor/trans in the next couple days then drop the cross member and suspension. Then it will be time to start stripping down the bay.

Also picked up a few goodies for the garage a couple nights ago:

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #326
xnissan240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xnissan240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
shit that is one big air compressor for a house. i wish i could have one, all my jobs would go by so much faster
xnissan240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #327
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Like a baws.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #328
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Hyped with the new toys. I'd love to have the space in my garage for a engine lift.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #329
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so mr toby

the question is, in this very vacant and desolate garage - where are your tools, and where are your parts going?

this has been the hardest part of my project. i keep needing more and more space. i buy new tools, i need space for the tools + its components. not to mention all the parts you pull from the car need to be carefully stored, protected and organized.

i picked up a blasting cabinet the other day, only to see that my puny 26 gallon 6cfm compressor will most likely need to go. 80 gallon 220v 5hp here we come. :-)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #330
CLM_s13Type-x
Leaky Injector

CLM_s13Type-x is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to see progress being made, keep it up!
CLM_s13Type-x is offline   Reply With Quote