Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #3211
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
anyone have pbm collars that they dont need or know of any other coilover collars that fit?

i need two if anyone can help.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #3212
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoses View Post
Thinking about Tein SS's or FLEX's. If I'm concerned about noises associated with the pillowball upper mounts, should I stick with the SS's without the pillows? (Are the pillows for the S14 application notorious for being noisy and clunky?) Experienced responders much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben
i u think u can hear a pillowball over diff/music/exhaust/other noises.... then maybe think about getting something quiet....
Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #3213
UGLYLOWLIFE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
UGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I was on the freeway, some piece of huge metal flew from a car in front of me and hit my front bumper, made a hole in it, and now the metal is now stuck and dragging under my car. i didnt get the car's license plate number, what willl happen if i go to my insurance about this?
UGLYLOWLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #3214
bmoses
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bmoses is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
i u think u can hear a pillowball over diff/music/exhaust/other noises.... then maybe think about getting something quiet....
Well, my exhaust is quiet (65mm HKS + turbo), my music isn't always loud and I don't have much of a system to speak of, my chassis is low miles (70K) and it's still quiet, full interior = quiet, diff is VLSD so it's quiet... so yeah, I guess my car is quiet. Just wondering about people's experiences with pillowballs from Tein for S14 applications. I've heard people say they are silent and others say they are so noisy and clunky they hate them. These are on other applications possibly besides S14s.
bmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #3215
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGLYLOWLIFE View Post
I was on the freeway, some piece of huge metal flew from a car in front of me and hit my front bumper, made a hole in it, and now the metal is now stuck and dragging under my car. i didnt get the car's license plate number, what willl happen if i go to my insurance about this?
Call your insurance. Worst they'll say is, sorry they can't help you. From what I know, most insurances want a police report with accidents.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #3216
Nickbizzle

Nickbizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
My blinkers arnt working but my E's turn on ive checked the fuse box diagram and the fuse thats for the blinkers works fine... i also replaced the actually switch on the steering wheel for one i picked up at the junk yard it looks junkier then the one i bought but it still doesnt work.... does anyone have a diagram of the wire layout for the blinkers?
Nickbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #3217
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbizzle View Post
My blinkers arnt working but my E's turn on ive checked the fuse box diagram and the fuse thats for the blinkers works fine... i also replaced the actually switch on the steering wheel for one i picked up at the junk yard it looks junkier then the one i bought but it still doesnt work.... does anyone have a diagram of the wire layout for the blinkers?
look in the FSM. here is a link to some: 240sx FSM, Full Service Manuals, S13, S14, KA24E, KA24DE : 240sx General Discussion
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #3218
bmoses
Leaky Injector

bmoses is an unknown quantity at this point
What are the length and diameter of the SR coilpacks, the part that sticks down through the valve cover and head?
bmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #3219
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Do s13 sway bars fit on s14......
Old 10-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #3220
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Generally, how much would a synchro rebuild cost me at a reputable shop? Is that how I'm supposed to go about it? It's difficult to get into 1st and Reverse and sometimes 3rd gear, I literally have to exert more energy than what is needed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:21 AM   #3221
PomiDori
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
PomiDori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
how much vinyl wrap it takes to wrap 240?
PomiDori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #3222
MANOlOS14
Leaky Injector

MANOlOS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok i've tried to research this and wasnt too lucky but im jst gonna ask here: On a KA24DE s13, 14 engine bay the battery is located on the passenger side thus the air intake runs from throttle body (passenger side) to the opposite side (driver side), Has anyone tried relocating the battery elsewhere and run an air intake from the throttle body downward, kinda like running pipping to the intercooler if u were to turbocharge it but instead of an intercooler its just a cone filter? I dnt have my 240 no more so i cant try it and i just want to know if its more effective than the common way.
MANOlOS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #3223
Michael Nolan
Leaky Injector

Michael Nolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Michael Nolan
where do you get bubble knobs from?
Michael Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #3224
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
People used to do that all the time before SR's and KA-T's became prevalent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOlOS14 View Post
Ok i've tried to research this and wasnt too lucky but im jst gonna ask here: On a KA24DE s13, 14 engine bay the battery is located on the passenger side thus the air intake runs from throttle body (passenger side) to the opposite side (driver side), Has anyone tried relocating the battery elsewhere and run an air intake from the throttle body downward, kinda like running pipping to the intercooler if u were to turbocharge it but instead of an intercooler its just a cone filter? I dnt have my 240 no more so i cant try it and i just want to know if its more effective than the common way.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #3225
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PomiDori View Post
search "vinyl wrapped 240" there is a thread in off topic chat. I belive castro covered it with two rolls. obviously the large ones from the ebay place. You'll see the link in the thread.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #3226
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nolan View Post
look in the vender section. it's usually an accessory. sonic motor may sell them.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #3227
XxCAPTAINxX
Zilvia Member

XxCAPTAINxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nolan View Post
JDM Bubble Shift Knobs

this is where i got mine
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #3228
csar
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
csar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Where does the black cable in my hand go connected? Ground from alt.?to motor
Diagram would help thnx

csar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #3229
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Why is Nate Ong being such a tease about his car pics? It is like he is being like icesole with his new wheel set up in that video.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #3230
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by csar View Post
Where does the black cable in my hand go connected? Ground from alt.?to motor
Diagram would help thnx

it grounds to the alt. in the first pic the top nut is where i usually run mine
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #3231
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
A quick inquiry, is part that the actual clutch fan connects to the pully with the same for SR and KA?

I installed my clutch fan with a "KA" piece onto my sr, and it didnt seem to go into the fan shroud that far. i thought maybe
it could be that i have a stock radiator, but id just like to make sure.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #3232
csar
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
csar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
it grounds to the alt. in the first pic the top nut is where i usually run mine
Top two the one on the right?
would this be the reason why the alt fuse burnt out because its not grounded?
thnx
csar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #3233
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Why is Nate Ong being such a tease about his car pics? It is like he is being like icesole with his new wheel set up in that video.
becuase he is about to sell his car and wants to drop the bomb pic in the forsale section.

jk i really don't know. but if i'd guess. I'd say he's saving it for the wheel fitment thread. Can't post until its 100 percent boss!
Old 10-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #3234
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
How often do KA TEMP SENSOR'S go out? FYI Dual Cam, 186,xxx miles, From a 91'?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #3235
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
How often do KA TEMP SENSOR'S go out? FYI Dual Cam, 186,xxx miles, From a 91'?
It's a common issue. Gas mileage goes to shit cause the car stays on the cold start map.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #3236
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
s13 sway bars, do they fit s14's?

Also, code 91, right bank O2 or whatever, is that just the o2 sensor? 95 s14
Old 10-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #3237
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
It's a common issue. Gas mileage goes to shit cause the car stays on the cold start map.
fuck, this might explain why my car burns through gas at a ridiculously quick rate.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:09 AM   #3238
XxCAPTAINxX
Zilvia Member

XxCAPTAINxX is an unknown quantity at this point
just curious if anyone else has had any issues with YAMATO GARAGE. i ordered my s13 RUCAS 3 weeks ago and i have yet to receive any tracking information or notification that they have shipped. i have pm donovan twice the first time all he said is the computers are down. and i have yet to get a message back from the second. i am starting to get skeptical of them.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:21 AM   #3239
traviss14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
traviss14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PomiDori View Post

the ebay stuff is around 80 a roll takes about 1-2 rolls
the pros i know at work we charge 1500-3000 but the stuff we use it 800 a roll and we can put any color/writing/design ect ect on it
traviss14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #3240
vboy720
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
vboy720 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vboy720
Would it be okay if I used aftermart tapered lug nuts with 350z wheels?
vboy720 is offline   Reply With Quote