Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #271
Impact Black
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Impact Black is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the project is looking great man, giving me inspiration to give my car come R&R.
Impact Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #272
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterRS View Post
i hope you know you cant buff that engine bay with a buffer. buffers are for flat surfaces only. and if you want to add more clear wet sand it with some 1000 and dont break through or you will have to spray base all over again.
yeah, i decided since i missed some areas with the base coat, i sanded down again and resprayed black and will respray the clear coat again with no buffing. going to practice on some other stuff first probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett-hancock View Post
MAN MAN MAN!!! YOU'RE DOIN' ONE HELL OF A JOB, KEEP IT UP!!! Can't wait to get my truck finished so I can start the same thing on my 89' HATCH. Oh an I have a question. I'm wantin to change my interior from the ugly O.E.M. blue to black an was really leanin against paint cuz the smell lingers around inside forever (well everyone I've done so far has). So my question: Does that paint you're using have the lingering smell???
to answer your question, it HAD a lingering smell, but this cars been sitting like this for a year or so already, so the smell is long gone, lol.
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #273
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Man great build thread!
I would love to see a price breakdown.
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #274
luckky

luckky is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, just read the whole thread!
Amazing work eithic im impressed and now heading out to my parents house to start tearing apart my silvia! I think you have inspired many people to work on their cars and put their hart into them! Great work man, cant wait to see what you have in store next!

Also what year maxima are those cup holder out of?
And i was also wondering what the "steering angle spacer" is used for? and where it is installed?

Last edited by luckky; 12-08-2008 at 04:06 PM..
luckky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #275
Pho Man
Leaky Injector

Pho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to Pho Man
looks like it's coming along really good now. Did you sand and paint the dash support bar at all? I know mines rusted and when I have my dash out again will be painting it.
Pho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:57 AM   #276
itz_jOw3
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
itz_jOw3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to itz_jOw3 Send a message via AIM to itz_jOw3 Send a message via MSN to itz_jOw3 Send a message via Yahoo to itz_jOw3
wooowww, I must say I am very very impressed with all the hard work you've put into your car!!

Keep it up and keep us posted with new goodies ~
itz_jOw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #277
jamben
Leaky Injector

jamben is an unknown quantity at this point
are you putting it back to stock?.. thats legit good looking so far
jamben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #278
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS Performance View Post
Man great build thread!
I would love to see a price breakdown.
thanks man. ill probably do a general price breakdown at the end of this... so far its been quite costly. but hey, what do you expect working on a 19 year old car trying to make everything back to normal or better, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckky View Post
Well, just read the whole thread!
Amazing work eithic im impressed and now heading out to my parents house to start tearing apart my silvia! I think you have inspired many people to work on their cars and put their hart into them! Great work man, cant wait to see what you have in store next!

Also what year maxima are those cup holder out of?
And i was also wondering what the "steering angle spacer" is used for? and where it is installed?
wow, lots of people message me about them cupholders, lol. well, heres the answer guys... i believe its from a 89-94 maxima, but not too positive. just look on ebay!

as for the steering angle spacers, heres something i found with a quick search...
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/163811...-run-them.html

but yeah, i got em from powered by max when i ordered some stuff, so i put em on since i had everything apart. sometimes i wish i couldve put parts on piece by piece to actually feel the difference it makes to the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamben View Post
are you putting it back to stock?.. thats legit good looking so far
well, depends what you mean by stock. i was going to restore it back to factory spec, but some things are just cheaper or just as much aftermarket. so yeah, why not kinda build it up a little, as well as to my own taste.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:19 AM   #279
jon_mr2

More parts in the mail... woot!

got a one piece steel driveshaft

also a dif fan controller, an hks silencer for the exhaust, and some freeze plugs

and im addicted to grid, its a fun racing game :P
Old 12-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #280
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
after you telling me about Grid i went and rented it from blockbuster. Its pretty good. I also think i found out whats up with my Diff. I'll call you later
Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #281
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
More parts in the mail... woot!

got a one piece steel driveshaft

Ho brah, I tink we get da same driveshaf lidat!

WASSUP! What you been up to??? Any updates???

Last edited by Hawaiian240; 01-13-2009 at 01:39 PM..
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #282
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
lets see this finnished!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #283
lazymbf

lazymbf is an unknown quantity at this point
what air compressor are you using for the air gun and painting? Thanks
lazymbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #284
NISMO_tuner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (64)
NISMO_tuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 64 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to NISMO_tuner
wow...i am really impressed with all of the hard work that you put into building the car
how much have you spent on everything so far?
i wanna do a complete tear down and rebuild of my car, but it looks like its a lot of work and costly...
it does get my inspired to work on my car though.

with that said, im gonna finish tearing out the engine from my car
Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #285
180love
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
180love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Awsome build brah i like your fab'd up lower radiator support... ive got mine out at the moment and im thinking im gonna have to be a biter and do something similar.

subscribed.
180love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #286
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMO_tuner View Post
wow...i am really impressed with all of the hard work that you put into building the car
how much have you spent on everything so far?
i wanna do a complete tear down and rebuild of my car, but it looks like its a lot of work and costly...
it does get my inspired to work on my car though.

with that said, im gonna finish tearing out the engine from my car
Thanks for the comments guys.

As for the amount of money i have spent so far... its probably a rediculous amount, but i figure i might as well do it now than later on in life when i may not even be interested in it. But I love doing it, and learn a lot in the process. Ill probably add up everything i have purchased when i am done with this project.

As of right now, i just have to finish painting a few things and purchase some parts (The list of parts i need is finally getting smaller and smaller), then i can put everything back.

Havent really done much in the past month though . But now i think things will pick up. Here are some pics of the engine bay again, i repainted again because i really thought the first job i painted looked awful! This time around it came out better, finally getting the feel for the settings on the gun... the only problem i had this time was some orange peel, but now i understand why, so the next time i paint i really think ill pull it off. But i also had a dusty environment, so got some speckles and stuff in the clear. I think ill just leave it though, not like its a show car or anything.

OLD:

NEW:

And decided to change the freeze plugs since the engine was out.

I was going to paint today, but it ended up raining again. So im hoping next weekend will be better.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #287
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13

YES! He's back. Good to see that it's still going!

Keep it up Jon! EVERYBODY here on the mainland want to see this one through.

Remember, if you need any info, just ask. I am sure anyone who's followed your progress is willing to answer any question you may have.

I don't know if you've realized it, but you have probably inspired a ton of Zilvians to either start or even finish their own projects!

BTW, I am now up in the Norfolk, Virginia area. So if you need anything just give me a call or text me! I've been poking around some pick and pull yards here. I know shipping to the Big Island sucks, I hated it when I restored an old school International Scout II. And there aren't as many wrecking yards there too, they're most likely rust yards if anything!

Also, there is a guy in Kamuela that can do almost anything with fabrication for cars and trucks. His name is Billy Rego. He lives behind Hawaiian Homes. His house is at the far back left corner when you go in at the stop light by the police station. He used to work at Kona Muffler back in the day. He was the only guy I knew who could fabricate a 15" suspension lift, in his garage! Kinda like the stuff you see on the Extreme 4x4 and Trucks! shows on Spike tv. Always drives ridiculously lifted Chevy trucks. I'll have to see if my brother has his phone number still. But, if you have questions about fabricating anything, he's the man! I haven't talked to him since I joined the Navy, but he can do some sh!t you wouldn't believe!

Keep up the good work cuz!
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #288
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
^^im looking to buy one of the chevy's that guy built.haha
Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #289
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian240 View Post
YES! He's back. Good to see that it's still going!

Keep it up Jon! EVERYBODY here on the mainland want to see this one through.

Remember, if you need any info, just ask. I am sure anyone who's followed your progress is willing to answer any question you may have.

I don't know if you've realized it, but you have probably inspired a ton of Zilvians to either start or even finish their own projects!

BTW, I am now up in the Norfolk, Virginia area. So if you need anything just give me a call or text me! I've been poking around some pick and pull yards here. I know shipping to the Big Island sucks, I hated it when I restored an old school International Scout II. And there aren't as many wrecking yards there too, they're most likely rust yards if anything!

Also, there is a guy in Kamuela that can do almost anything with fabrication for cars and trucks. His name is Billy Rego. He lives behind Hawaiian Homes. His house is at the far back left corner when you go in at the stop light by the police station. He used to work at Kona Muffler back in the day. He was the only guy I knew who could fabricate a 15" suspension lift, in his garage! Kinda like the stuff you see on the Extreme 4x4 and Trucks! shows on Spike tv. Always drives ridiculously lifted Chevy trucks. I'll have to see if my brother has his phone number still. But, if you have questions about fabricating anything, he's the man! I haven't talked to him since I joined the Navy, but he can do some sh!t you wouldn't believe!

Keep up the good work cuz!
Hey Kevin!
Thanks for all the support! Really, it helps motivate me to get er done! lol. I think im almost there actually... just several more parts to paint and at least suspension arms to get the car back on the ground. I was thinking of Powered By Max suspension arms, but they are on back order for another month or two. So, in the meantime, im just waiting. I actually can finish up the interior as well. Purchased all my 4 gauge wire for the battery relocation, Still need to find a good beige color for the headliner, need to change out the ac evaporator and buy new seats. So, most of this time im just waiting to save enough money to buy parts pretty much.

As for fabricating... i wish i could go to school to learn more about it. If i could, i wouldnt mind it for a career... but then again who wouldnt! lol. I need to get into trucks more, the Big Island really isnt the place for cars, lol. As for offroading/camping and stuff, having a truck is neccesary. Maybe ill learn more later on. But in the meantime, ill be working on the nissan.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:16 AM   #290
hacknik
Leaky Injector

hacknik is an unknown quantity at this point
This is REALLY coming along. I've been keeping and eye on this build for the past little while, and just want to tell you that this is an AMAZING build.

I plan on doing and overhaul on my hatchie very soon, and your def. motivating me to get started sooner.

Has there been any progress latley?

And again +1 for doing this in your own garage!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #291
Xise
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Xise is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is a very inspiring thread to read, Oh yeah my 1st post on the forum BTW. I am about to undergo this exact project, and seeing what you have done with your s13 gives me some hope. My rust was pretty bad on the spot every s13 rusts on, but yours was WAY worse than mine and you have done an awesome job. I am looking for the cheapest price for the frame rails where the go 45 degrees up from the wheel well to the engine bay. my driver side raid has a hold big enough to see the exhaust manifold through. some other random spots of rust here and there. All i need to start are the frame parts, i am going to rip the carpets out soon, hopefully I won't find anything that will make me cringe.

If possible anyone have a link to a nice cheap frame rails, OEM would be best.
Xise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:58 AM   #292
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
looks dope man.. i love you build.. my build thread is about to take a major turn.. the KA is getting a boost box (aka: supercharger)
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #293
whitenoise808

whitenoise808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to whitenoise808
Good to see another 240 build on the BI. What side you on? I am in Hilo. If you need parts I have a parts car. Lemme know, Shootz
whitenoise808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:37 AM   #294
s13k4v13
Leaky Injector

s13k4v13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great work !
s13k4v13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:43 AM   #295
Redstar
Zilvia Member

Redstar is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread is great. Very good work!
Redstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #296
hapa_s13
Leaky Injector

hapa_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im feeling the Grid HAHA!

as I was reading and looking at pics, I was completely oblivious to Grid and I noticed and was like WTF?! lol

sick build though bruh. Keep it going man. and yes, grid is hella fun lol
hapa_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:06 AM   #297
s13tilldeath*
Zilvia Junkie

s13tilldeath* is an unknown quantity at this point
sick buid bro that is what im starting to do....
s13tilldeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #298
s13tony

s13tony is an unknown quantity at this point
can you do my car next lol
s13tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:33 AM   #299
mixedwell
Zilvia Addict

mixedwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mixedwell
amazing. just amazing brotha
Old 03-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #300
silpena
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
amazing build! where did u get that dash mat? lol i need one also.
silpena is offline   Reply With Quote