Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #271
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yes, his comments are stupid, there was no need to read in its entirety! I want health debate with facts, don't post crime stats if there not from a credible source.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #272
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
Yes, his comments are stupid, there was no need to read in its entirety! I want health debate with facts, don't post crime stats if there not from a credible source.
No....u want only ur found stats..

This is your democratic party talking stupidity out their mouths...defend it!

How can they be ones to try an infringe on my rights but dont have an ounce of knowledge about the subject.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:13 PM   #273
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
s13 Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
No....u want only ur found stats..

This is your democratic party talking stupidity out their mouths...defend it!

How can they be ones to try an infringe on my rights but dont have an ounce of knowledge about the subject.
Really? The Republican party is a hot dumpster fire. There are actual Republicans running against the POTUS. One jack ass reporter doesn't represent an entire party, but the POTUS sharpie magic on a national weather map to win an argument is priceless!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #274
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Really? The Republican party is a hot dumpster fire. There are actual Republicans running against the POTUS. One jack ass reporter doesn't represent an entire party, but the POTUS sharpie magic on a national weather map to win an argument is priceless!
Well i guess you and joe biden will make the world safe with ur dna and thumb print guns.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #275
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Whoever said I wanted fingerprint enabled guns? I actually enjoy my AR platform guns, and actually sold one on this forum. I will be acquiring 300 blackout in a few weeks, bought from a licensed FFL dealer!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #276
S14rebuild
BANNED

But youll vote for someone who wants to remove all the guns from the american people? Come on...this is halirous
Old 09-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #277
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

I never said I would vote for that, read through the thread MR. Hilarious. I'm actually holding out for a Republican who is a moderate to challenge the POTUS. If the POTUS goes unchallenged then I will vote for the lesser of two evils! It takes more than a sitting President to take away gun rights!
Old 09-06-2019, 06:11 AM   #278
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Can't make up this shit.
Dude, my proposal wouldn’t take your gun if you could pass a background check, aren’t mentally unstable or if you served in the military. Why you so upset?
Old 09-06-2019, 06:23 AM   #279
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight zenki View Post
Dude, my proposal wouldn’t take your gun if you could pass a background check, aren’t mentally unstable or if you served in the military. Why you so upset?
"shall not infringe"

Can we do the same for Voting?

Also, what does "mental unstable" mean? Who decides that? Are Gays, Transgender and Communists considered mentally unstable? Victims of abuse?

Why would veterans get an automatic exemption? They don't suffer from mental illness? They don't commit crimes?

I also already pass a background check for every firearm I've purchased, so you got one out of three.

Oh, also on the check, they ask if I'm mentally unstable... So we already do 2 of your 3. So you just want to green light any vet to get a gun?

Have you ever bought, owned or fired a firearm?
Old 09-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #280
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
That was a good read Future240 and your right just assault weapons is not the answer, throw handguns into the permitted category under my original thoughts in terms of re-legislating the 2nd amendment along with universal background checks, this should reduce the number of mentally unstable people from obtaining firearms while still accomplishing the opening statement of the amendment, "A well regulated militia".

To be clear, I am not calling for abolishing the 2nd amendment and never have in my posts, shift out of Fox News mode and please understand that. You know what would FEEL GOOD is not being among the 440 people killed in the stat you cited so callously equating those lives to acceptable casualties in comparison to traffic deaths. ]
You say I am being callous.

I implore you to read a short story called the equation. Or at least The synopsis
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cold_Equations

I am not saying I do not care about those 440 people. What I am saying is that When making legislation I think we should look at the bigger picture. Versus the feel-good type of legislation that is directly in front of us. No one likes mass shootings. No one like people being killed. But if you look at the amount of mass shootings in the amount of people actually dying by these guns you will see that it is not as big a problem as the media likes to make it out to be. That is not my opinion that is strictly with the data says.

if you go further the data that Cornic posted shows more people are saved by these guns ( then more people are killed which is why I brought up the cold equation. If you did not read the synopsis essentially a woman hasn’t make a choice of either dying herself one person or killing an entire colony full of sick people plus the pilot she’s on the ship with.

Criminals will not care about your gun laws. Criminals will still find a way to get around gun laws. How many felons are caught with them to this day even though in most states feelings cannot purchase firearms. Ghost guns do exist. So simply banning guns or so-called assault rifles from the population is not a viable solution. Not even to mention where with this buy back money come from or how would it be enforced with the millions upon millions of guns that are in United States and the limited police force.

With the police have to go door-to-door to search homes for guns? Or would it be like drugs where ithe police get a tip or probable cause they can pull someone over to search for guns. That would lead to considerably more people incarcerated for having a banned item. The fallout from this is you would instantly create a black market guns. If you want to see what a black market does for a product that has a high demand see the war on drugs or to go back even further what happen when they made alcohol illegal.

Now more intense background checks I can get behind hell even though the more extreme in good registration with a gun license I can get behind training classes I can get behind closing gun show loophole I can get behind making private sales have to be documented and register I can get behind. These are feasible solution that could help slow down the number of shootings but it will honestly be unlikely to fully stop them.

As CORBIC pointed out earlier when people want to commit mass killings against other people if they don’t have guns they will simply use something else will it be a bomb or knives as he posted in those articles above.

Mass violence is not a gun problem it is a people problem. By better managing our social economic way of living in having resources for those who feel desperate her loss suicidal or otherwise mentally unstable I think that would have a greater impact on shootings then banning guns.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #281
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

With the police have to go door-to-door to search homes for guns? Or would it be like drugs where ithe police get a tip or probable cause they can pull someone over to search for guns. That would lead to considerably more people incarcerated for having a banned item. The fallout from this is you would instantly create a black market guns. If you want to see what a black market does for a product that has a high demand see the war on drugs or to go back even further what happen when they made alcohol illegal.

Kinda like when the Government murdered a man's Wife and Child?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Oh and let's not forget this gem of a American History, thanks Bill Clinton and Janet Reno... Did it feel good flexing those Federal muscles?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

Also...

Quote:
Now more intense background checks I can get behind
Like what? What does that even mean?

Quote:
hell even though the more extreme in good registration with a gun license I can get behind training classes
So we'll have more proffecient mass shooters?
Training Classes only work to prevent accidents, not crime.

Quote:
I can get behind closing gun show loophole
Oh please tell about this mythical Micheal Moore fable of a "gun show loop hole", how does that work, do tell...

Quote:
I can get behind making private sales have to be documented and register I can get behind.
Because that solves what problem?

Quote:
These are feasible solution that could help slow down the number of shootings but it will honestly be unlikely to fully stop them.
Please show me, which mass shooting any of that would have slowed down or stopped. Not a single one.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:37 AM   #282
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny...ct4-story.html

People are getting deal woke folks. With big names like Isiah Washington coming out in support for the President it’s only going to snowball until 2020.

Last edited by exitspeed; 09-06-2019 at 03:47 PM..
Old 09-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #283
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 09-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #284
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Take your memes and rants over to 8chan unless you plan on contributing credible information with sources to back it up other than a "google search" or twitter commentary.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:25 PM   #285
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Take your memes and rants over to 8chan unless you plan on contributing credible information with sources to back it up other than a "google search" or twitter commentary.
#leftcantmeme
Old 09-06-2019, 01:40 PM   #286
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Kinda like when the Government murdered a man's Wife and Child?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Oh and let's not forget this gem of a American History, thanks Bill Clinton and Janet Reno... Did it feel good flexing those Federal muscles?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

Also...

Like what? What does that even mean?

So we'll have more proffecient mass shooters?
Training Classes only work to prevent accidents, not crime.

Oh please tell about this mythical Micheal Moore fable of a "gun show loop hole", how does that work, do tell...

Because that solves what problem?

Please show me, which mass shooting any of that would have slowed down or stopped. Not a single one.

Ya know. Im will real with you Corbic. I cannot answer a single one of these questions.

This is why real discussion is good when it comes to guns. Corbic questioned my (admittedly borrowed from the left) talking points and I could not come up with any real answers. The only thing i could get was
https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-l...ground-checks/

about the background check loophole.

Now that being said, I bought a gun from a gun show and I had to endure a background check so I cannot speak to that.

As I sit here and think about it, the gun debate seems to be able to be summed up by

Criminals gone criminal and banning things from law abiding citizens won't do shit.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #287
S14rebuild
BANNED

Lol goverment buy back "program"

First it will be a MANDATORY buy back....

Second where would this money come from that theyd pay me to turn my firearms in?(i never would)?
Old 09-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #288
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
about the background check loophole.

Now that being said, I bought a gun from a gun show and I had to endure a background check so I cannot speak to that.

As I sit here and think about it, the gun debate seems to be able to be summed up by

Criminals gone criminal and banning things from law abiding citizens won't do shit.
It's not a "loop hole", the idea of person to person sale has been around forever. It makes no sense that to pay fees and paper work when your father wants to give you his prized pistol or you want to trade a 45 for your brother's 9mm or your best friend is hard up for cash so you offer to buy his AR.

Go to any gunshow and there will be an FFL there doing transfers for $5-25. Nobody wants the liability of setting up a booth and getting blasted later on with a lawsuit becuase they unwittingly sold to a criminal.

You can't do cross state person to person sales, and once again, no one with common sense is going to sell to a stranger a pistol for cash at the Walmart parking lot.

Some FFLs work as a broker, $20 each way. You drop the gun off, the guy picks it up and does the paper work whenever and leaves the cash with the FFL.

Anyone looking for a Walmart parking lot deal is going to do it whether it's legal or not.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #289
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lol goverment buy back "program"

First it will be a MANDATORY buy back....

Second where would this money come from that theyd pay me to turn my firearms in?(i never would)?
My dog ate all of mine. Also those cosmoline 48" sealed bags I bought on ebay are for car parts... but I accidently tossed them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 09-06-2019, 03:30 PM   #290
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
It's not a "loop hole", the idea of person to person sale has been around forever. It makes no sense that to pay fees and paper work when your father wants to give you his prized pistol or you want to trade a 45 for your brother's 9mm or your best friend is hard up for cash so you offer to buy his AR.

Go to any gunshow and there will be an FFL there doing transfers for $5-25. Nobody wants the liability of setting up a booth and getting blasted later on with a lawsuit becuase they unwittingly sold to a criminal.

You can't do cross state person to person sales, and once again, no one with common sense is going to sell to a stranger a pistol for cash at the Walmart parking lot.

Some FFLs work as a broker, $20 each way. You drop the gun off, the guy picks it up and does the paper work whenever and leaves the cash with the FFL.

Anyone looking for a Walmart parking lot deal is going to do it whether it's legal or not.

Excellent info. This exact statement has been presented over and over again, and it falls on deaf ears...or i should say since it doesnt suit the "ban all guns" format its just brushed away and ignored.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:22 PM   #291
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

With all the rhetoric that's so far left and right it makes my head hurt. Facts people, facts. The Democratic Party wants to ban assault styles weapons, but the gun lobby is a wing of the Republican Party and will not let that happen! This scenario will play out like a hamster in a hamster wheel. The best thing to do is go after unlicensed gun sales, tighter background screenings, up the age of purchase to 21 / 25 and a federal red flag law. Red Flag could have stopped Sandy Hook. The Air Force updating the FBI database for members with a dishonorable discharge, or bad REF Codes could of prevented the Summit Springs shooting. That's two mass shootings that could have been averted if we had stronger and better laws. Who disagrees and why? All military beaches need to update the FBI databases just not the Air Force.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #292
S14rebuild
BANNED

Wtf is "assualt style weapons"? A huge issue here is Democrats not refining that term. To them what looks scary is a weapon of war and an assualt weapon.

A fucking hyundai tiburon could look fast to some people doesnt mean its a racecar.

And dont get me started on the red flag laws.

Hell some simple snowflake on the forum could be butt hurt about my comments tell im a firearm owner...make one simple phone call and bam...life turned upside down.

Again crimals will continue to break the law no matter what. These laws ur so pushing to have will only strip, hurt and cost lives of the innocent law abiding citizens.

The push back the dems are seeing is because common folks can see thru the bullshit..... handguns cause more deaths why not try and ban those? More inner city gun deaths, why not try to right that?

Stated over and over..their not after JUST "assult style rifles". That is only the beginning. Then they will make reasons togo after other guns..till theres none left. Then what now weve been stripped of our 2nd amendment, maybe theyll go after the 1st.

If u want no guns, then send the police and the miltary out with sticks and stones....cause were all in this great country together, what you have, im no diffrence...
Old 09-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #293
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

An assault weapon is any weapon model of military weapon or capable of firing in rapid succession without reloading.

Red flag laws came about due to the large amount of domestic violence and crimes of passion. Cruz was on several forums talking about committing a mass shooting and had history of violence. If the Flordia Police Department listen to the FBI and arrested him there would be no Parkland. Fellow members of the forum turned him in because of his insane statements.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:33 AM   #294
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
...or capable of firing in rapid succession without reloading.
So basically ANY gun with a clip or mag including revolvers all are considered "assault weapons" then if that's the definition Democrats are using. Even shotguns can and are capable of firing in rapid succession without reloading.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:09 AM   #295
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
so basically any gun with a clip or mag including revolvers all are considered "assault weapons" then if that's the definition democrats are using. Even shotguns can and are capable of firing in rapid succession without reloading.
bingo!

Old 09-07-2019, 07:43 AM   #296
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
An assault weapon is any weapon model of military weapon or capable of firing in rapid succession without reloading.

Legit question. Do you understand how guns work? This definition is so broad it just descrived almost every gun except bolt action rifles, muzzle loaders and single shell shot guns.

Quote:
An automatic firearm continuously fires rounds as long as the trigger is pressed or held and there is ammunition in the magazine/chamber. In contrast, a semi-automatic firearm fires one round with each individual trigger-pull.[1]
Big difference.

Let me ask dropping the assault definition are you ok with guns like this

https://www.ruger.com/products/mini1...mages/5801.jpg
Old 09-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #297
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

s13 Future

Quote:
Legit question. Do you understand how guns work? This definition is so broad it just descrived almost every gun except bolt action rifles, muzzle loaders and single shell shot guns.

Big difference.

That's not a broad answer. Gun manufactures literal went to Congress to lobby for the sales of the full automatic/military version. Congress said no to the sales of that version and compromised with the semi automatic version. There was an event that leaded up to that decision. California added the bullets version to law a few years later and then band them all together, after the famous bank robbery we're the police was out gun and the culprits had body armor. Congress coined the name assault rifle and classified all guns with similar attributes, like large capacity magazine etc.

The Gun Control Act 1968.

https://www.thoughtco.com/us-gun-con...meline-3963620

Last edited by lewisfk; 09-07-2019 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Links
Old 09-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #298
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
That's not a broad answer. Gun manufactures literal went to Congress to lobby for the sales of the full automatic/military version. Congress said no to the sales of that version and compromised with the semi automatic version. There was an event that leaded up to that decision. California added the bullets version to law a few years later and then band them all together, after the famous bank robbery we're the police was out gun and the culprits had body armor. Congress coined the name assault rifle and classified all guns with similar attributes, like large capacity magazine etc.

The Gun Control law 1968.
Never seen somone twist words so much on a very basic question....

Dont worry about the picture that was shown and asked for a reply....
Old 09-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #299
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

s13 Future

Quote:

Big difference.

That's not a broad answer. Gun manufactures literal went to Congress to lobby for the sales of the full automatic/military version. Congress said no to the sales of that version and compromised with the semi automatic version. There was an event that leaded up to that decision. California added the bullets version to law in 1999, after the famous bank robbery we're the police was out gun and the culprits had body armor. Congress coined the name assault rifle and classified all guns with similar attributes, like large-capacity magazine, and rate of fire etc.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #300
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

s13 Phone issues for double post

Quote:
Never seen somone twist words so much on a very basic question....

Dont worry about the picture that was shown and asked for a reply....
I didn't twist any words. You asked a question and I replied. You make the argument that my answer is to vague, but that's the answer Congress gave. I'm not for a ban on assault weapons. I only advocate for responsible use, but in a previous post I stated that I would be all for it if the Republicans will not debate or come up with response that would curb mass shootings.
Closed Thread