Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
mostdopes13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mostdopes13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
in need of assistance! Ka24de flooding issue

All right, first off yes I have searched and can not find one case similar to mine where anyone has resolved the problem.

The car is a 1995 ka24de was auto converted to 5 speed still using auto ecu.
About two weeks ago I was driving on the interstate and all of a sudden I had to really get on the gas to stay above 65. Pulled over and saw I rubbed through my harness on drivers side just a little. No biggie so I re wrapped it in the lot started it up and it was still bogging pretty bae but got it about 10 miles back to my house.

I cleaned the fuel pump sock. (255 walbro) replaced spark plugs. Went through harness very thoroughly re-wrapping it again. Cranked it and it still ran like doo doo..

Then I messed with distributor timing and I feel this is where I messed up.. I got it to crank once after messing with the dist. For about an hour then gave up for the day.

Next day I found tdc and set the timin correctly and still it wouldn't crank. Found tdc like 10 more times and re set timing still with no luck. At one point hike pulling the spark plugs I smelled gas and realized I was flooding cylinder 1 mainly with gasoline but 2 3 and 4 also had some gas.

The next day I bought two used injectors and swapped 1 and 2 out. Still car won't crank.

Now Ive replaced the spark plugs and still nothing. Wires are 2 months old and seem perfectly fine.

So where I'm at now is I've taken the fuel pump fuse out and floor the accelerator and it will sputter like a mofo but not past 500rpms if I hol the key in the on position. Second I let go of the key it dies almost immediately..
If I leave the pump fuse in and crank it it will try to turn over then abruptly stop and sounds like its hydra locked once again.. Is it even worth messing with this motor any more or should I call it quits and go find another ka to swap in?

I was told by a buddy to possibly try another ecu but looking at my existing one I see no burnt connections or signs of it being messed up.

Any input on what I should try next/look for is greatly appreciated!
mostdopes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
Dragon_masta13

Dragon_masta13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Start Here ---> http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53523

Then once you know 100% it is at TDC and the dizzy (rotor)is in the right position, you need to undo your fuel pump fuse otherwise you will be flooding your engine more. You need to make sure all 4 spark plugs are getting spark. If they are then you need to make sure your fuel rail is getting the right pressure and lastly you need to make sure you didnt actually take out any wires under the fenderwell.

Or... You can start with renting a tool for compression check and make sure its all good... Most people who play with the timing never know where they are supposed to put it back... GLWT
Dragon_masta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
OnTheChip
Zilvia Junkie

OnTheChip is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a few things that can cause flooding...

1. Fuel pressure regulator could be stuck closed.
2. Return fuel line back to tank could be clogged.
3. One or more fuel injectors could be stuck open.
4. One or more fuel injector harness wires shorted to ground holding injector(s) open.
5. Bad/shorted MAF.
OnTheChip is offline   Reply With Quote