Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
Rclarocque

Trader Rating: (0)
Rclarocque is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hks ssqv compressor surge

Hey guys, first time posting on zilvia,I own a 93 180sx with sr20det. so I bought a hks ssqv off my brother it is authentic, I bought a isis hot pipe with hks ssqv flange. I got everything I'm hooked up the vaccume line to it and it doesn't work? All I get is compressor surge, like it's hooked up to the vaccume, the hks ssqv moves in and out manually (with my finger) but doesn't work when i rev or drive. Idk what's wrong, and the line isn't bent. Anyone have a solution? There's lots of threads on here but I can't find the answer
Rclarocque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
are you sure your line is vacuum
Old 01-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Rclarocque

Yes, Even unplugged it from the bov to see if it pulled vaccume and yes it does
Old 01-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Rclarocque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveJDM View Post
are you sure your line is vacuum
Yes I am, pulled it off and felt to see of it pulled
Old 01-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My type s I had to disassemble and lube up when it froze. May be something similar. I used wd40. The top two ports on the throttle body are vacuum, the bottom one is boost. Make sure your on only vacuum.
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
one of many things below is happening..

1) you have boost leaks (not uncommon). when you have even a minor boost leak, it will cause major vacuum issues. especially with the response from your SSQV

2) your SSQV is indeed fake. doesnt matter if your brother, your mother or your gold fish says its real. unless it was purchased directly from an authorized or well known HKS dealer, you may gotten a fake...which leads me to #3

3) if your SSQV is fake, then it will work like shit. there should be 2 different valves in the front of the SSQV, most fakes only have one. authentic SSQVs move in and out with ease, fakes tend to be fairly stiff. the diaphragms used in the fake SSQVs tear and wear out very easily so they will not create vacuum.

4) your vacuum is routed from the wrong place. not meaning this in an insulting way, but we all make silly mistakes with our cars at times. make sure you are running your BOV's vacuum from one of the two nipples located directly above your throttle body.

5) try spraying a small amount of WD40 around the front valves as well as the piston chamber (by pushing both valves in with your finger) to make sure everything is lubed up. work the valves in and out a bit to make sure a liberal amount of WD40 makes it into the needed areas. you can also take the valve off and spray some in from the bottom port.

6) your SSQV is not seated properly in the flange on the hotpipe. if the c-clip doesnt not seat itself in the groove completely to lock in the SSQV (by making its distinct "clink" noise when the c-clip expands and locks), your BOV will leak from the flange and possibly competely shoot off under higher boost amounts. also, did you make sure that the rubber o-ring wasnt torn or ripped in any way? i can speak from personal experience that the mass produced hot pipes (isis, circuit sports etc) use shitty fake SSQV flanges that require some minor modification to make fit the c-clamp and o-ring properly. if you didnt order an authentic HKS flange and weld it on yourself, the flange you are using may not be allowing the SSQV to seat correctly!

my best guess in all of this is either you have boost leaks, your SSQV isnt setting itself properly in its flange or your BOV needs minor lubrication.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 01-12-2014 at 03:09 PM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Rclarocque

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
one of many things below is happening..

1) you have boost leaks (not uncommon). when you have even a minor boost leak, it will cause major vacuum issues. especially with the response from your SSQV

2) your SSQV is indeed fake. doesnt matter if your brother, your mother or your gold fish says its real. unless it was purchased directly from an authorized or well known HKS dealer, you may gotten a fake...which leads me to #3

3) if your SSQV is fake, then it will work like shit. there should be 2 different valves in the front of the SSQV, most fakes only have one. authentic SSQVs move in and out with ease, fakes tend to be fairly stiff. the diaphragms used in the fake SSQVs tear and wear out very easily so they will not create vacuum.

4) your vacuum is routed from the wrong place. not meaning this in an insulting way, but we all make silly mistakes with our cars at times. make sure you are running your BOV's vacuum from one of the two nipples located directly above your throttle body.

5) try spraying a small amount of WD40 around the front valves as well as the piston chamber (by pushing both valves in with your finger) to make sure everything is lubed up. work the valves in and out a bit to make sure a liberal amount of WD40 makes it into the needed areas. you can also take the valve off and spray some in from the bottom port.

6) your SSQV is not seated properly in the flange on the hotpipe. if the c-clip doesnt not seat itself in the groove completely to lock in the SSQV (by making its distinct "clink" noise when the c-clip expands and locks), your BOV will leak from the flange and possibly competely shoot off under higher boost amounts. also, did you make sure that the rubber o-ring wasnt torn or ripped in any way? i can speak from personal experience that the mass produced hot pipes (isis, circuit sports etc) use shitty SSQV flanges that require some minor modification to make fit the c-clamp and o-ring properly. if you didnt order an authentic HKS flange and weld it on yourself, the flange you are using may not be allowing the SSQV to seat correctly!

my best guess in all of this is either you have boost leaks, your SSQV isnt setting itself properly in its flange or your BOV needs minor lubrication.
Thanks a lot!!! I figure it's the flange, it is isis and it is a screw on, I'll get my old pipe and weld on the hks flange and hopefully that works! And vacumme routes are proper and just fixed my boost leak thank you so much
Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #8
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you are surging your turbo is the wrong size for your motor.

If you are fluttering your bov isn't opening.

They are stupid easy to take apart to inspect. China diaphrams are SHIT. I always get the china shit and mod it with real parts til it suits my needs. I dont condone it and feel halfway bad about it but i'm a driver so fuck all the hipster shit.

This could be as simple as your spring being too tight. They are adjustable.

Keep trouble shooting simple and take this with a grain of salt when i say "FLUTTER" and "SURGE" are not the same thing. It's a pet peeve when people confuse the two and own turbo cars.....
Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
just so OP knows what turbo surge aka chatter is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCj6Spwl1CU