Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
1nasty240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
1nasty240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SR s13 sr20det white smoke

So I picked up a sr20 s13 it smokes only when im driving it meaning at idle it does not smoke at all only when I shift gears and give it gas thats when the white smoke comes out. The coolant and oil are fine, the car does not over heat and drives perfectly fine. I was thinking it could be the turbo? Anyone else have some input with this topic that actually delt with the same problem?

Also drove the car from Maryland to Pa which was about an 1 hour and 30 minute drive and did not give me any problems what so ever.
1nasty240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Is it the stock T25 Garrett? If so it's a good possibility the turbo oil seals are fried. You can get it rebuilt. But If I were you I'd just pick up an S15 turbo or a 2871R while you're down there if you can.

Get a good leak down test or at least a compression test to be sure it's not the valve seals or something else also.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
White smoke can also be from running SUPER rich, but the engine would probly bog in that case. One time my GSX had the fuel injectors spraying 100% @ idle.. man it was the smoooooooothest idle I have ever seen, but it was smoking white smoke out like a chimney lol
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
1nasty240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
1nasty240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Is it the stock T25 Garrett? If so it's a good possibility the turbo oil seals are fried. You can get it rebuilt. But If I were you I'd just pick up an S15 turbo or a 2871R while you're down there if you can.

Get a good leak down test or at least a compression test to be sure it's not the valve seals or something else also.
Thanks will do the comp test and I'm pretty sure it's the turbo because its a stock t-25 so most likely its shot.

Also I know for a fact that the car is running super rich I can smell it from just the exhaust.

Picking up a s15 or 2871r soon and getting a tune once I get everything figured out.
1nasty240sx is offline   Reply With Quote