Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
ClowesClause

Trader Rating: (0)
ClowesClause is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Redtop RPM signal Help

i have a redtop and im trying to get an rpm signal going

now i have a hks evc 6 that has a rpm read-out on it (this is also suposed to help with boost mapping apparently idk) but its not showing a signal, just sits there at 0rpm....ive spliced the signal wire from the evc to the yellow/red wire on the ecu (ecu #62 pin #3), so my question is, is there another wire i should put it to?

also im supposed to have a dohc cluster in the car (it has the 110mph instead of the 115mph on the sohc, ill post a pic) but still no signal, the car used to have a rb20 in it so idk if that has any bearing on my problem

thanks in advance

Old 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
91ka24
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
91ka24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
you need a twin cam cluster for the speedo to read right but the tach should be working regardless. have you tried getting an ohm reader and seeing if the tach signal wire has any power? it could be an issue with the ecu
91ka24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you brought me this car, and explained to me this problem? What I would do is hook up consult and verify ECU and that it has a tach signal. If that happened then I'd know where the signal wire is. And assuming you've done a continuity test on the yellow/red wire and it's good to the ecu pin. I'd try the other yellow/red red/yellow wire just for kicks pin2 for j4 ecu's. if your harness is a redtop 62 harness the color would be red/yellow

Verify continuity on the yellow/red wire to pin3 on the inside of the ecu.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I have a DOHC cluster but when my speedo died on me I swapped it with a SOHC speedo and it works just fine.