Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 track toy drift car turned touring machine

So my S13 was built to have as much fun as possible at the track and on some nice canyon roads. With a VERY stiff suspension (some specially valved JIC coils) a 8 gallon fuel cell, bucket seat, low ride height, Origin wide body/aggressive kit and V mount IC/rad set up I thought the days of this S13 making cross country roads trips were over...

After 4 years of sliding the S13 in AZ I decided it would be a good idea to ship it back to my home town in MT before I moved to Seoul South Korea. With inspirational memories of amazing mountain roads surrounding what would soon be the s13’s new home I didn’t think twice about the decision.

After a year in Seoul, SK I made it state side for what felt like the blink of an eye but in reality was just over 2 months. The purpose of this short trip back to the states was to play with my cars (get some much needed seat time!), see friends/ family and make some changes to the S13 in order to actually make it enjoyable to drive on the not so perfectly smooth MT roads. Somewhere along the way while tearing into the S13 I ended up deciding I wanted to actually be able to drive the car long distances as well as attend every possible track event. I didn’t want a trailer queen that only moved under its own power on the race track, I was determined to have my cake and eat it too!

Ended up putting a fresh engine in the car, no good reason for this just happened to have an extra KA lying around and decided pistons along with ARP hardware would be good preparation for some future turbo plans. Swapped out the JIC track suspension to some Buddy club Race spec coils, re glassed most of the damaged fiber glass, sprayed a bit of terribly matched paint (thanks napa haha) and re tuned for low boost after the new engine had a chance to break in. The s13 was now ready to roll just in time for me to leave the country and head to Australia for the World Time attack followed by finding my new home in South East Asia. I was able to enjoy my “new” S13 for a whopping 36 hours before I had to kiss her good by once again.

So the S13 was now all fresh and ready for an epic road trip, I knew it wasn’t right to put her back in storage so I handed the keys over to my close friend who would be able to take full advantage of her. The plan was set, just a simple drive from Missoula MT to Seattle then down the west coast to LA for the Japan classic car show and then of course back over to AZ (Phoenix) for some fun at Fire Bird Race Way.

Because I was not able to make the trip I requested Alex (the friend who made the trip) take as many pictures as possible along the way! Here is a link to the photos and his little story from the epic drive. Link below also has some extra details on a few of the suspension changes, from drift to grip/touring set up. Brewed Motorsports wide body s13 ka24 full race turbo drift car conversion to touring machine

(if you check out the Picasa page linked below you can also see where each pictures was taken thanks to google and their amazing map.)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1118852...MEMSBorgWarner
Old 10-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
c_mancuyas8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
c_mancuyas8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow what a nice hatch looks great!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Thank you much for the kind words my friend, i'm looking forward to seeing and more importantly driving her again in the near future!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
boost addict
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
boost addict is making a name for him/her selfboost addict is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
awesome story man, glad everything went well
boost addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #6
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Mmm can't wait to update again after some love from elevens paint and fiber
Old 10-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah we need to do some shit to this shit! i mean shit!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Shit ya! When Alex gets back from mt we'll come up with a hot game plan!!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

1000cc ID injectors will be installed within a week then just need to rip the foam out of the fuel cell fill it with E85 and E-Tune