Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #2371
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93nismo View Post
how close to stock position would the steering wheel be if i got a nrg slim hub and slim quick release? id like to have my wheel as close to the stock position as possible. any wheel recommendations? thanks in advance. also will my turn signals auto shut off after i turn still? just curious.
It all depends how you put it on. The hub has splines in it that line up with the splines on the column.
If you want it as close as possible, have your wheel straight before you take it off (preferably come to a stop with it straight, don't turn the wheel while it's parked) put the wheel, qd, and hub all together. Then position it on the column as straight as possible. Leave the hub on the column, pull the wheel and qd off the hub, bolt the hub in place and put the rest back on. just make sure to put it all back in the same position without moving the wheel while doin so.
If it is slightly off to where repositioning the hub won't help, get an alignment done to straighten the wheel, or leave it.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #2372
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
im pretty sure hes talking about distance between him and the wheel.\

and that would depend on wheel depth and hub length.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #2373
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post

good point, didn't think about that.

in that case, Wake is right, it all depends.

as long as you know the depth of each piece, you can figure it out and compare it to your stock wheel.
ex- S14 stock wheel is 135mm from the base (where it bottoms out on the column) to the face of the wheel.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #2374
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
It all depends how you put it on. The hub has splines in it that line up with the splines on the column.
If you want it as close as possible, have your wheel straight before you take it off (preferably come to a stop with it straight, don't turn the wheel while it's parked) put the wheel, qd, and hub all together. Then position it on the column as straight as possible. Leave the hub on the column, pull the wheel and qd off the hub, bolt the hub in place and put the rest back on. just make sure to put it all back in the same position without moving the wheel while doin so.
If it is slightly off to where repositioning the hub won't help, get an alignment done to straighten the wheel, or leave it.
that wasn't my question, but im going to use that info when i get everything. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
good point, didn't think about that.

in that case, Wake is right, it all depends.

as long as you know the depth of each piece, you can figure it out and compare it to your stock wheel.
ex- S14 stock wheel is 135mm from the base (where it bottoms out on the column) to the face of the wheel.
that was my question. how would i find the depth on an aftermarket wheel? is it the option for the "330 or 350mm" at this link?

NARDI Deep Corn Suede Steering Wheel : 330 & 350mm

because i thought that was width of it? i want an aftermarket wheel for security purposes. but i like were the oem wheel sits now. so id like to be able to get an aftermarket wheel as close as possible to the size and the placement of the oem wheel. its for an s13 if that has anything to do with it. thanks for the help thus far.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #2375
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
so i asked a question why my a/c/heat only blew on 4 in my s14

i replaced the resistor and it works! =]

so if anybody else have the same problem of the a/c and heater blowing only on 4. try changing it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #2376
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
situation.. i have a 98 kouki with 6k hids.. cop pulled me over and gave me a fix it for it..(ignored my exhaust, my tint, QR,) He said, i cant run that coz its blinding people. (even tho i know he was behind me the whole time, so im sure he wouldnt evenknow). And his explaination was, im putting HID on a non HID housing, which, i thought the projectors are HID housing even tho the stock koukis doesn't do a good job of projecting a very nice cut off.. in the ticket it said, modified headlights.. He even asked me if i still had my stock headlights.. i said those are stock headlights.. he looked at me like i was the biggest liar in the world.. im pretty sure he is thinking of the zenki..

question, do i have a legitimate case of fighting it? i know i could just put the stock bulb and get it over with.. but it just pisses me off, that he looked at me as if i was lying to him about it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #2377
XxCAPTAINxX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
XxCAPTAINxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok this may be a noob question but i just swaped clusters out of a ka24de and i have a single cam. well i switched the tach and that works but i cant get the speedo to work. do i need to change the wiring harness that comes off the speedo motor? this is my third cluster cause they stop working. maybe speed sensor bad? any advice
XxCAPTAINxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #2378
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_bagz View Post
situation.. i have a 98 kouki with 6k hids.. cop pulled me over and gave me a fix it for it..(ignored my exhaust, my tint, QR,) He said, i cant run that coz its blinding people. (even tho i know he was behind me the whole time, so im sure he wouldnt evenknow). And his explaination was, im putting HID on a non HID housing, which, i thought the projectors are HID housing even tho the stock koukis doesn't do a good job of projecting a very nice cut off.. in the ticket it said, modified headlights.. He even asked me if i still had my stock headlights.. i said those are stock headlights.. he looked at me like i was the biggest liar in the world.. im pretty sure he is thinking of the zenki..

question, do i have a legitimate case of fighting it? i know i could just put the stock bulb and get it over with.. but it just pisses me off, that he looked at me as if i was lying to him about it.

i have 6k hids as well on my kouki. i know this doesnt help your question, but does your hids looks a little bit blue? i would expect it to b white.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #2379
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickstatus View Post
i have 6k hids as well on my kouki. i know this doesnt help your question, but does your hids looks a little bit blue? i would expect it to b white.
its whitish with a hint of blue
Old 07-29-2010, 03:24 AM   #2380
sidedrifts13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (29)
sidedrifts13 is on the path to ruinsidedrifts13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sidedrifts13 Send a message via Yahoo to sidedrifts13
Does anyone know who sells z32 front rotors drilled for 4 lug 4x114.3 thanks
sidedrifts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #2381
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
What exactly is involved in running a Z32 MAF? Im looking at buying a wiring harness for my upcoming SR swap, and the harness Im looking at is wired for a z32 maf. I plan on going with a 2871r and MILD cams at some point down the road, but for now the car will be all stock. I have a stock ecu and a t25. What do I need to do to make the Z32 maf work with this? Would I be better off wiring in a pigtail for the stock maf for now? I do have a stock maf, but am unsure if it would be beneficial to just go straight for the z32 since ill have to upgrade to that at some point anyway.
Anyone?

240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #2382
JonGu
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
JonGu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I've got a S13 redtop im about to drop into my S14 non abs, which driveshaft would I need?
JonGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #2383
VOoDOoGTX
Leaky Injector

VOoDOoGTX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
if you put hids in non hid housing it does blind people. its a different light reflection pattern in both headlight housings. I put S4 lights on my old A4 so i could get around that.
VOoDOoGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #2384
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX View Post
if you put hids in non hid housing it does blind people. its a different light reflection pattern in both headlight housings. I put S4 lights on my old A4 so i could get around that.
but arent the kouki head lights projectors? i understand how bright it is if its not projected.. it does blind people and its annoying..
Old 07-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #2385
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
It is a projector, but it is not an HID projector. The optics are designed differently between HID and non-HID projectors. HID bulbs and non-HID bulbs generate the light in a different spot within the bulb, so the non-HID optics do not work with an HID bulb.

See the following link for a good description of the differences:
Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

"The only available arc capsules have a longitudinal arc (arc path runs front to back) on the axis of the bulb, but many popular halogen headlamp bulbs, such as 9004, 9007, H3 and H12, use a filament that is transverse (side-to-side) and/or offset (not on the axis of the bulb) central axis of the headlamp reflector). In this case, it is impossible even to roughly approximate the position and orientation of the filament with a "retrofit" HID capsule. Just because your headlamp might use an axial-filament bulb, though, doesn't mean you've jumped the hurdles—the laws of optical physics don't bend even for the cleverest marketing department, nor for the catchiest HID "retrofit" kit box."
Old 07-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #2386
stockbee
Zilvia Member

stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Hey guys, a friend who is helping me with my oil filter relocation and oil cooler install (haven't ordered yet, needed to ask this first), drew up and example of what he thinks I l'll need. Just wanted to compare and see what others did, as there aren't threads that show picture specifics of every fitting they used.

So did anyone else happen to use anything different than: two 90's in and out from the sandwich plate where the oil filter once resided, and then two nineties going into the filter located wherever i choose to put it and two 90's coming out and going to the oil cooler, and then you've got two straights going to the oil cooler.

Let me know if you guys thing this would be a good idea? Any tips, advice would be helpful. Thanks.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #2387
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93nismo View Post
that was my question. how would i find the depth on an aftermarket wheel? is it the option for the "330 or 350mm" at this link?

NARDI Deep Corn Suede Steering Wheel : 330 & 350mm

because i thought that was width of it? i want an aftermarket wheel for security purposes. but i like were the oem wheel sits now. so id like to be able to get an aftermarket wheel as close as possible to the size and the placement of the oem wheel. its for an s13 if that has anything to do with it. thanks for the help thus far.
the 350mm version has an 80mm offset, the 330 has 50. that info is on the nardi site.

im a tall guy and i have also been thinking about wheel combos

the guy above posted a s14 has 135mm base height....im assuming s13 is similar..if you have a 80mm hub adapter (more like 100mm if you're going quick release) + 80mm offset steering wheel you would have a base height of 160mm or 25mm (1 inch) closer to you as the driver... i think ill be cool with that

and i tried gettin info for the post above but failed to quickly/easily come up with a pic of a oil cooler/relocate kit...but no dice
IMO a filter relocate is pointless
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #2388
nyrojas21
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
nyrojas21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
so i asked a question why my a/c/heat only blew on 4 in my s14

i replaced the resistor and it works! =]

so if anybody else have the same problem of the a/c and heater blowing only on 4. try changing it.

i need to try that .but how do i remove the blower from my car to replace it s14 aswell
Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #2389
94spitfire91
Zilvia Junkie

94spitfire91 is an unknown quantity at this point
What is this on the right side of my engine bay? its completely pointless so what am i missing?? its an s13
94spitfire91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #2390
schrapnel85
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
schrapnel85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to schrapnel85
Found a 98 sr20det vvt longblock for sale. Engine is blown, however it is still rebuildable. I want to save money on shipping and only buy relevant parts that will help me with the rebuild. The rebuild plans on this block is 2.2L (forged buttom end) with a head capable of high revs. What I'm asking for is help making that list. I think I need the following:
Bare block,crank,bare head with valve cover,vvt sprocket,ecu,and harness.
schrapnel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #2391
corbin
Zilvia Member

corbin is a well-known jackass
Here's a simple one...

Is a 96' S14 supposed to have VIN number on the front fenders?
corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #2392
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94spitfire91 View Post
What is this on the right side of my engine bay? its completely pointless so what am i missing?? its an s13
its for the distributor "coil?" thing-forgot what its called

picture taken from http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/334268...-2800-obo.html if this pic need to come down, sorry, and pm me.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #2393
94spitfire91
Zilvia Junkie

94spitfire91 is an unknown quantity at this point
I see thanks heaveboundkevin! although thats a ka24de and i have a ka24e so im guessing thats why its not being used and looks different??
94spitfire91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #2394
29psiHybrid
Leaky Injector

29psiHybrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
You need to use an SR fan with an SR shroud.

Im like 60% sure that you can interchange between S14 SR and S13 SR fans, but someone will have to verify that.

You cannot use an SR fan with a KA shroud, or vise versa.

Thanks! Do you know what the difference is between the fans? I know whatever the one is I have fits on the water pump pulley fine...
29psiHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #2395
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94spitfire91 View Post
I see thanks heaveboundkevin! although thats a ka24de and i have a ka24e so im guessing thats why its not being used and looks different??
oh for some reason i thought you had an SR. heres a KA e

pic taken from http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/334864...-flush-eh.html will remove on request.

see what some searching will do? youre welcome
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #2396
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki180sx View Post
Should be the same as 300zxtt. At least that's what fit my rb25 trans.

I know the 300zx are the same, but there are no z's at pick and pull here, a ton of q45's though. Anyone? Yoke off Q45 same as 300zx?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #2397
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
the 350mm version has an 80mm offset, the 330 has 50. that info is on the nardi site.

im a tall guy and i have also been thinking about wheel combos

the guy above posted a s14 has 135mm base height....im assuming s13 is similar..if you have a 80mm hub adapter (more like 100mm if you're going quick release) + 80mm offset steering wheel you would have a base height of 160mm or 25mm (1 inch) closer to you as the driver... i think ill be cool with that

and i tried gettin info for the post above but failed to quickly/easily come up with a pic of a oil cooler/relocate kit...but no dice
IMO a filter relocate is pointless
well that's awesome. thanks for finding it, i must have had a brainfart. so the 330/350mm option would be the width of the wheel then right? like i said, im trying to gt it as close as possible to the stock position. maybe a tiny bit closer.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #2398
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
anyone know where i can lug nuts for spacers? im trying to fit 25mm spacers and i might need something smaller than these.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #2399
240sx123$
BANNED

240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
anyone know where i can lug nuts for spacers? im trying to fit 25mm spacers and i might need something smaller than these.

I used tuner lugs with the six spline key. Autozone, $35.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #2400
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
i actually found the nuts.

M2 Tuning - Wheel Adapter, Wheel Spacers, Wheel Locks, More!

i never heard of them. anyone from socal heard of M2 Tuning?