Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #31
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jworks View Post
Was shinji gay? He seem to find comfort with Kaoru? I mean when rei comes out with big tits in his face he freaks out lol
Karou was shinji's last and only figment of a friend, I guess he became pretty attached to him, then again evangelion is a pretty abstract storyline so there is a double meaning behind the characters actions. Ive yet to understand that scene, theres a second meaning behind it, you just gota analyze it as if it was English literature: think of of the lines of lord of the flies.

Last edited by deadghost; 01-05-2010 at 02:45 AM..
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 02:41 AM   #32
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Shinji was alone most of his life, he always wanted to know what it felt like to be wanted and loved. Kaworu knew this, and used it against him. He told Shinji he loved him, and he accepted affection....no matter what person it was coming from. Cant even say person because Kaworu was an angel, only presenting himself as a human. The 17th angel was ideal, especially to someone that has considered himself "worthless" Kaworu also came off as non threatening, nor did he want anything in return. He simply offered Shinji love without judgement. Shinji wanted nothing more than that in a person. Homo or no homo, Kaworu was perfect in Shinjis eyes, so he stuck as close to him as possible.

I would wait until dattebayo fansubbed it. They did 1.0 in hi def and INCREDIBLE subs.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:43 AM   #33
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdark View Post
So wait 2.0 is a movie or another continuation of the series. Ending of 1.0 left me tripping and wanting more.
Yes, read the thread. As of right now, the cam footage is all your going to get till the dvd release. Do your self a favor and watch the original series, the remake or rebuild is suppose to be a complemented presentation for the original viewers. Its like watching godfather 3 redone on the way it should have been, get my drift.

The thread lacks eye candy, heres some mecha art of what to expect from 2.0. Touge noob, you might wanna have a box of tissues when looking at mari's unit 05.

Last edited by deadghost; 01-05-2010 at 03:39 AM..
Old 01-05-2010, 03:18 AM   #34
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
is it a cam?
if not please pm with link!

<3!

hahahahahahhaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdark View Post
So wait 2.0 is a movie or another continuation of the series. Ending of 1.0 left me tripping and wanting more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki View Post
Shinji was alone most of his life, he always wanted to know what it felt like to be wanted and loved. Kaworu knew this, and used it against him. He told Shinji he loved him, and he accepted affection....no matter what person it was coming from. Cant even say person because Kaworu was an angel, only presenting himself as a human. The 17th angel was ideal, especially to someone that has considered himself "worthless" Kaworu also came off as non threatening, nor did he want anything in return. He simply offered Shinji love without judgement. Shinji wanted nothing more than that in a person. Homo or no homo, Kaworu was perfect in Shinjis eyes, so he stuck as close to him as possible.

I would wait until dattebayo fansubbed it. They did 1.0 in hi def and INCREDIBLE subs.
right on the dot
Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 AM   #35
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
so i'm 9 eps deep and just realized i have no fucking clue what's going on.
these children pilot mechs to fight aliens or some shit, but the aliens that they keep calling angels are kind enough to only attack after school? wtf?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:41 AM   #36
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
so i'm 9 eps deep and just realized i have no fucking clue what's going on.
these children pilot mechs to fight aliens or some shit, but the aliens that they keep calling angels are kind enough to only attack after school? wtf?

Angels are not necessary aliens, matter of fact don't be concerned of where they are from that's not really important, at this point focus on asuka and shinji, the series is still at its positive or HAPPY moments. Remember the series is abstract, keep that mind set of them fighting after school, at this point the series is creating a environment for you to be attached to. The series will get more real as it advances.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #37
jworks
Zilvia Member

jworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki View Post

Makes sense, I thought Rei had the same effect (also non threatening) but I forgot that episode with Kaworu I was brain dead trying to see the deeper meaning lol.

Was it dattebayo that did the fansub? cause I the subs I have don't go through all of the technical speech (like when they set up the positron rifle)
jworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #38
rb26man
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
rb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb26man Send a message via Yahoo to rb26man
someone want to school me on this pls

rb26man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #39
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadghost View Post
Angels are not necessary aliens, matter of fact don't be concerned of where they are from that's not really important, at this point focus on asuka and shinji, the series is still at its positive or HAPPY moments. Remember the series is abstract, keep that mind set of them fighting after school, at this point the series is creating a environment for you to be attached to. The series will get more real as it advances.
this eventually gets depressing? weak.
also, why are these.. whatevers, only attacking Japan? Asuka flew in from Germany, right? what's going on in Germany?
shiiiiit.
all in all this is entertaining, just..... wtf
all this fanservice is making me want to flip on Agent Aika, though
Old 01-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #40
chinabean
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
chinabean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
damn i guess ima start watching the series when i get home haha
chinabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #41
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
also, why are these.. whatevers, only attacking Japan? Asuka flew in from Germany, right? what's going on in Germany?
shiiiiit.
Yeah, just keep watching. Once you watch the whole series including the alternate endings and features "Death and Rebirth" and "The End of Evangelion", you will realize how much you just clusterfucked your brain.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #42
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
shiiiiit.

A couple of years ago something happened called the "second impact" where it was believed that a gaint metor crashed into Antartica. All the ice melted causing biological and economic disaster for the whole world. The United Nations gains alot of support and grows. They set up the "Nerv" organization (originally Gehirn) to make the Evas (kind of as a weapon to stop world conflicts and such). Nerv has centers in the North America, Europe, and Japan. Since the UN is really controlled by an illuminati group called "Seele" the true purpose of the Evangelions is not said until later in the series.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #43
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
do any of you understand any of the biblical illusions they make like the lance, evas, eve, adam, angels any of that becuase i watched the series mutliple times without understanding any of it i guess its because im an aethist
uraznfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #44
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
I understood them at the time, but I couldn't explain them now because it's been like a decade since I watched this. But this show is part of what influenced my thinking and decision to go from Christian to Agnostic...
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #45
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraznfriend View Post
do any of you understand any of the biblical illusions they make like the lance, evas, eve, adam, angels any of that becuase i watched the series mutliple times without understanding any of it i guess its because im an aethist

The lance was the lance that pierced Christ when he was crucified. The whole Adam thing is a spoiler. Evas and Eve are the same thing (IE Eve is prounounced as Eva in latin based languages), its also short for "Evangelion". I think in 1.0 that the Vatican had some control over Nerv. The angels I am unsure about.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #46
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry about the spoiler but everything thanks that cleared up much now i am going to read up about all this religious stuff and watch the series again and see what else i missed
uraznfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #47
1kuo
Zilvia Member

1kuo is an unknown quantity at this point
Understanding Evangelion - Anime News Network

good read for those die hard evangelion fans.

Quote:
The series may however be a victim of its own popularity, leaving many first-time viewers scratching their heads. It important to note that despite the show's appeal, it is not a retelling of the Bible. Hideaki Anno, the director of the series, has himself stated that Evangelion should not be taken so seriously. Evangelion is an Anime series that tells a compelling sci-fi story. Neither the producers nor the director have claimed otherwise.
http://www.nervarchives.com/analysis.overrated.php
Quote:
Assistant director Kazuya Tsurumaki said that they originally used Christian symbolism only to give the project a unique edge against other giant robot shows, and that it had no particular meaning,[69] and that it was meant to be susceptible to multiple interpretations.
last quote was taken directly from wiki.
1kuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #48
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

They really over did the religous stuff then. It's like if you made a movie about WWII with the bad guys being from Germany rocking the Nazi flag and such only to say they were never Nazis. IMO Gainax didn't want complaints from religous groups so they said all of it was meaning less.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #49
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
animation quality is pan-ultimate in this series
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #50
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
shiiiiit.
The angels are attacking tokyo 3 because Nerv has adam at the Geofront (the underground colony). some one correct me if I have this wrong. If a angel comes on contact with Lilith it will initiate the third impact. Nerv in Germany under seele manufactured the 3rd unit,U.S did the 4th. It is also where askua previously resided at and trained at Germany hence why she is half German, before coming to Tokyo 3. Anymore questions?

Last edited by deadghost; 01-07-2010 at 12:28 AM..
Old 01-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #51
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
The lance was the lance that pierced Christ when he was crucified. The whole Adam thing is a spoiler. Evas and Eve are the same thing (IE Eve is prounounced as Eva in latin based languages), its also short for "Evangelion". I think in 1.0 that the Vatican had some control over Nerv. The angels I am unsure about.

I dont think were suppose to know where the angels came from. Plot wise it would make sense, think about, it would be more interesting that you dont know where they were from then to have them explain some crazy idea. but if I believe the angels are a abstract presentation of us Americans in WWII of how the Japanese viewed us "invaders", very out there! But hey its just speculationt I read about.

Here is a random pic I found. Fan service

Last edited by deadghost; 01-07-2010 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: upload pic
Old 01-07-2010, 01:42 AM   #52
beb
Zilvia Junkie

beb is an unknown quantity at this point
Would anyone be interested in some official, licensed Evangelion wheel locks, valve stem caps, license plate bolts etc?
beb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #53
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

YES, shot me a link. MY Sa70's need to go on soon.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #54
beb
Zilvia Junkie

beb is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha will do. Theyre big in Japan, but didnt know if there was a big enough Evangelion crowd here in the U.S. - judging by this thread, Im probably wrong. Ill send u pics within a couple days when I go back to work.
beb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:17 AM   #55
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb View Post
Haha will do. Theyre big in Japan, but didnt know if there was a big enough Evangelion crowd here in the U.S. - judging by this thread, Im probably wrong. Ill send u pics within a couple days when I go back to work.

Any chance you might have a link?

Also Touge noob, when you saw the end of evangelion, that last scene after Shinji chokes Asuka. Asuka "wakes up", puts her hand over shinjis face as he chokes her, and says that last line: "how disgusting". Any chance you can explain that last scene.

Last edited by deadghost; 01-07-2010 at 03:10 AM..
Old 01-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #56
simmode1
Post Whore!

Hey... I just started watching 'You are not alone' and was filled with the uncontrollable urge to watch the Commander Ikari "Asshole" video with Dennis Leary singing.

Anybody got it? The one on youtube got gheyed up.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:47 AM   #57
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadghost View Post
Any chance you might have a link?

Also Touge noob, when you saw the end of evangelion, that last scene after Shinji chokes Asuka. Asuka "wakes up", puts her hand over shinjis face as he chokes her, and says that last line: "how disgusting". Any chance you can explain that last scene.
Hmm, I always thought it was because she was actually awake when Shinji looked at her titties and mastrabated over her.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 AM   #58
Bob_Sagat
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
Bob_Sagat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Would anyone be interested in some official, licensed Evangelion wheel locks, valve stem caps, license plate bolts etc?
Please!! I saw some of the stuff in an issue of vipstyle a few months back. It's made by carmate right?
Bob_Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #59
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Got any pics definitely interested
Old 01-08-2010, 02:17 AM   #60
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

They are made by the same company that makes the "kics" lugnuts. RHD Japan made a thread about them a while back.