Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #61
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The nismo bushings are different. They intentionally changed them to alter the angle of the subframe.

Check this thread out for more info.
comment on nismo subframe bushings design - Nissan Road Racing Forums
Old 08-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #62
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
good link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrlink
Left (black) for the rear, right (gray) for the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream240 View Post
Basically I put the two black ones in the back, and the two silver one in the front. Is this right? I hope so, other wise I'm fucked. They don't really tell you one way or the other.
based on the nissan road racing link, looks like you have them in correct. by luck it seems.

did you get them in? you should be able to rent a balljoint press from an autoparts store for free.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #63
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
It would seem to me that every body's need to swap subframes out to s14 and s15 is negated by the updated bushings.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #64
Dream240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Dream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Follow up:

Okay, I finally got the job done.

I ended up going to Harbor Freight (Best place ever, but I'm sure you all know that) And picking up a "14-pc. Front Wheel Bearing Set" for $80.00.

This kit is perfect for ANY bushing press fit install. Provided you have access to compressed air. What I did was use the press steel plates and other accessories provided to finish off the last 1/2" of room for the bushings to go. The only awkward thing was the main threading bolt had a head size of 28mm. Had to buy a socket for this since my set jumped from 27mm to 30mm, very common.

Got the car put back together within an hour. And test drove it...... WOW!!! The rear end feedback is amazing when compared to old stock bushings. I also replaced the old stock diff bushings with a complete ES poly-bushing set. This upgrade, when combined with aluminum driveshaft makes the gear shifts and clutch drops so seemless. I love my car all over again!!!

As for the blacks in rear and silvers in front, I actually did them this way by measuring up the inner sleeve to the stock ones. And yes they in are in the same position when compared to the stock ones. So IMO Nissan didn't alter the bushing design (as per the previously posted link), it just seems that way since most guys never look at a stock OEM bushing unless it's fallen apart or burned out. Fortunately mine were still relatively intact, just really loose rubber. that was the best part about this install, thanks to the old bushing rubber being worn, my air chisel made short work of them.

Thanks to all who inputed. I will post up some pics of the kit I bought for anyone looking to add a useful tool set to their collection.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #65
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
this is a damn good thread to revive
Old 08-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #66
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Someone I know wanted to know about bushing replacement, thought I'd bump it for anyone thinking or in the process of replacing the rear subrame bushings
Marc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #67
Coupes_FTW
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Coupes_FTW is making a name for him/her selfCoupes_FTW is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
marc! thanks man! this is an awesome thread, i think i know what route im taking now
Coupes_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #68
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Shut up, educate yourself.
Marc240 is offline   Reply With Quote