Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
repda916
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
repda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CA ASE Certified

Im 17 and graduate this year. i wanted to join the millitary and become a mechanic but im not sure. i never thought about the other options out there.

what steps do i need to take to be ASE certified?
with this i can get a job at a lot of places.just to get me started in my carrer.
any tips/inputs?
repda916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
240KAT
Zilvia Addict

240KAT is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to 240KAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by repda916 View Post
Im 17 and graduate this year. i wanted to join the millitary and become a mechanic but im not sure. i never thought about the other options out there.

what steps do i need to take to be ASE certified?
with this i can get a job at a lot of places.just to get me started in my carrer.
any tips/inputs?
ase certs come as a result of tests. i think theres 11 differant certifications one can get (not positive). Anyone can take them, i think they're given either two or four times per year. If you want to be a mechanic, id recommend army, unless you want to work on planes/jets.

In truth, if you want to work on cars as a profession, study computers. if you want to tune cars and have it as a hobby..but a tool set and junker car and have at it.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KAT View Post
ase certs come as a result of tests. i think theres 11 differant certifications one can get (not positive).
LOL, there's over more than 50 different ASE certifications. One of the instructors at the school I went to had all but 3 or 4 of them.

To the OP:
http://www.ase.com/Content/Navigatio..._Questions.htm

That might help you out a bit.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
You have to have 2 years of experience to become ASE certified. So that means 2 years of school related to auto mechanics, or 2 years job experience. Then you still gotta take the tests.

Join the military, work on big trucks and what not. They'll train you, and when your out you can get your ASE cert.

Or just go to a trade school. I know alot of the local ones offer a 2 year college compressed to 1, but you'll have to be there 8 hours like regular school, so you'll have to get a night job or have good parents.

Honestly, some of the most knowledgeable and experienced mechanics I have met don't have the ASE certification. ASE certs just look good to employers and customers. It means you know what your doing, and it can also guarantee you better pay.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote