Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Exclamation HELP ZILVIANs SoCal, need parts & im dead broke

in need of these parts and I got no money,
Left/Drivers lower tension bracket.

The brackets that are in front of the radiator

So after the 626 meet tonight. I had a friend from the track that really wanted to get some footage at a remote street spot we go to every couple months.
I didnt want to go. But one of our filmers was going, and they talked me into it.
My alignment on the front is a little off, and I had to throw some used tires on the front cause the inside was down to thread.
Work in the film industry has been slow this year. A 4 month writers strike ( a third less income this year). And a pending SAG strike has kept the studios from starting anything new. Had to borrow rent from my family last month and will be doing the same this month.

So the tires i got were a Azeni on one side and some BS on the other.

We get to the spot, its a industrial area and the warehouse workers in the dead end are cool with us being there.
I did a pass both ways, keeping the speed down to feel it out. It felt fine.

The next pass i took it to the usual speed we run there, feint, clutch kick, nothing. The car just understeered.
So I pumped the brakes and tried to grab some traction on the front. the wheels were almost straight but I still couldn't get anything.
So I had to lock em and try and slow it down to try again for traction.
nothing! Im heading at the curb, and a light pole and our filmer.
So i locked the brakes, and the ebrake.
Slid right into a wooden light pole. Not real fast, but crumpled up the hood and my front bumper (aero).
I back off thinking its all fucked cause i dont have the bumper support in.
but it wasnt that bad.

The damage,
small vacum hose cracked, fixed it for now with tape.
hoods bent up, but we pulled out some of the front stuff with a ratchet and it latches and pops fine. bent it back down.
tiny pin hole in the radiator. on top though and wasnt even leaking when i got home.
trimmed the fan shrowd. it got pushed in a touch, but we pulled some stuff forwards with a rachet and its good now.

The radiator support barely got tweeked, a BFH and its all good.

drivers pop up light arm. get it at the yard sunday.

What I need.
Left/Drivers lower tension bracket. the car slid up on it and it ripped a bit and pushed my drivers wheel back about an inch.
Everything else looked good, so im hopping this is all for suspension.

The brackets that are in front of the radiator
. The three verticle ones. the middle one holds the hood latch, the two sides hold the pop up light mechanisms. and the horizontal piece that goes along the top.

So thats what i need. And i cant work at my house on a car. So i will do it in a parking lot if I have to.

So Im asking all Zilvians in the SoCal area, that have a parts car or these parts to donate them to my cause. I can trade you for some photos if you want. i shoot alot of motorsports, all the way down to headshots.

Kind of an odd thread, but I know alot of you guys and spend alot of time at meets or on the track with you. So any help in my time of need is appriciated.

Thankyou,

Eric
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Damn dude, I wish I could help. I know a guy out my way that would give me the shirt off his back if I needed it, but I don't need cloths I need parts so he gives me those instead. But it should work out for you, good luck bro.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Get in contact with me, I have a few parts u can use
Old 08-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
Otis Performance

PM sent of parts i have!!

Old 08-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Thanks guys.

looks like charlie has the lower tension bracket. Imma head down there 2morrow and check it out. put it on.

And you guys have offered hoods and radiators, so I just gotta track down those brackets in front of the radiator.

Thanks so much guys!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (13)
foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Damn man that sucks to hear wish i had the extra parts to help you out.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Oh crap! Its the hommie single slammer eric! always killin it up...but Ill keep an eye out in my friends garages and "swoop" i mean ask for the parts from them, if any. I have a good mental picture of what happend with ur description but do u have any footage of wat happend by anychance? stay up dude!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
I have another hood (pristine), fenders (1 a little rough) & supports and a pignose w/support (OK condition) and headlight supports brackets w/misc things... pm me if anyone want this stuff FREE (accepting donations)

Edit:
the pick a part on Peck in Monrovia has 2 hatchbacks. 1 is E and the other is DE. I need to go tomorrow for some Acura Legend Parts. If youre down for a morning run to the yard, lmk.

And the ultimate deal... if your car can make it (1mi away from Arcadia 626 meet), bring it over for all the repair tomorrow. I have complete set of tools and air to fix your ride.

pm sent

Last edited by let5l1de; 08-23-2008 at 09:36 PM..
Old 08-23-2008, 08:32 PM   #9
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Ok eric i got a hood. PM me if needed. pick up in Rancho Cucamonga
Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #10
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Thanks everyone!!! So much!

In the morning I am going to go to LB and pick up the lower tension bracket from Charlie. And put it on there. Thats the biggest thing. And then Otis from RB-Performance.net said he had a hood, or Ernie has one too. So Imma get that.

Then I might head up to your place in monrovia are Mario, and see about those brackets and misc. headlight pieces you got and the fenders.

Thankyou so much everyone. I am so happy and blessed to be involved with such great people and friends in my life!!
I owe all of you so much!

-Eric
Old 08-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #11
dtc 360RT
Zilvia Addict

Location: You can tell how I walk, I ain't from around herr..Five6Duece, Kings Only
dtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to dtc 360RT
what size tires you running eric? I got some stashed you can have,if the right size. I'll mount and balance

DTCPerformance.com, Socal-Drift.com, Myspace.com/Dtcperformance
DTC 360RT Review
Old 08-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
240love
Post Whore!

240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
NO!!!! sorry about your mishap eric, if u lived closer i would lend u my tools and driveway
Old 08-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #13
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc 360RT View Post
what size tires you running eric? I got some stashed you can have,if the right size. I'll mount and balance
i run 15's, 50 series, 195 to 205's.

Prolly kind of rare.

After all this though, I gotta work something out for an alignment
Old 08-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #14
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90 DGRZ
too bad our filmer was too busy tryna save his own life and really got nothing on film -_-

glad it wasn't as bad as it initially looked. i have a black hood with a sticker on it that says "ONE CAMMER JAMMER!" it's yours if you want.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #15
dtc 360RT
Zilvia Addict

Location: You can tell how I walk, I ain't from around herr..Five6Duece, Kings Only
dtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to dtc 360RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
i run 15's, 50 series, 195 to 205's.

Prolly kind of rare.

After all this though, I gotta work something out for an alignment
ill check tomorrow when i get back to work.
alignment? no problem. lmk when you're ready

DTCPerformance.com, Socal-Drift.com, Myspace.com/Dtcperformance
DTC 360RT Review
Old 08-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #16
JKim0901
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
JKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
damn sucks, i missed it. sounds like you got all the parts sorted out man, hope you get it all back to normal
Old 08-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #17
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 DGRZ View Post
too bad our filmer was too busy tryna save his own life and really got nothing on film -_-

glad it wasn't as bad as it initially looked. i have a black hood with a sticker on it that says "ONE CAMMER JAMMER!" it's yours if you want.
Yeah, I bet he was scared shitless, lol. Massive smurf coming at him full speed. That hood would be perfect for him, hahaha.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #18
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Alright guys.

Charlie and Mario hooked me up Sunday!!!

The lower bracket was fucked. Tried putting on the new one at Charlies, but the bottom had been pushed back to far. So I put the ripped one back on to get to Marios.
Had to use a ratchet strap to pull the wheel back to the position it was in after the crash, otherwise it wouldn't go back on.

Got to Marios. Pulled everything off the front with Mario.

i got a couple of the brackets from Charlie, and Mario had the rest.
Pushed the radiator support back out. We used some crazy off road jack!! Shit was super strong. It could probably push a whole through the firewall if you werent carfull.

Hooked everything back up with a couple tweaks and a touch of hammering.
Marios old hood.
Pretty damn good.

Just need to hit the Junk Yard this week for a pop up light arm, a vacum hose and one more bracket.

thanks to everyone that replied.!!!!
I got so many PMs for all the stuff I needed!!
I am so happy its all back together. Getting an alignment soon as well

Will post a pic of the new hood later
Old 08-31-2008, 01:51 AM   #19
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Damn Jack told me about this, I can't believe that was right after I left!

Glad you got helped out from da fellaz. Hope it's back in action sooner rather than later

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 08-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #20
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Wait wait wait wait wait... After all the shit you talked in the canyon thread about taking it to the track, you go out and wreck your car street drifting?

Sorry, not trying to step on your toes or anything here... I just find the hypocrisy kinda funny.

Good luck with the rest of the repairs.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:45 PM   #21
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
To Eric's credit, he didn't want to go... and the spot they've been using is "safe" from the standpoint of not hurting anyone else, and fairly safe as far as cops. Then there's the inheirent safety of drifting (everything is low speed, so what's the worst thing that can happen?), whereas dumbasses ripping up and down the canyons have a much higher probability of hurting people other than themselves, or getting seriously injured themselves.

From where I sit, he's only half a hypocrite

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 09-02-2008, 03:36 AM   #22
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Thanks everyone!!

Everything is fixed!!

And I sent you a message Kyle,
explaining the difference between a low speed spot where even the cops have shown up and done donuts in the cruisers for us and left.
And a Canyon where some of my 626DRIFT crew friends lost a 18 year old friend to a 600ft cliff last year.
Closed Thread