Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
kernel
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
kernel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Boost problems

Here's my setup;

T25 Stock
Greddy LS-Spec FMIC
3" downpipe/test pipe/cat-back
Blitz BOV
Greddy Profec E-01 Boost controller only

Here's my problem;

I have tried all the set/gain/start boost combo possible and my boost can't go past 9 psi. Sometime I can get it to hold at 8 psi...but not more.

What I've tried;

I have read 3 times the manual, I know how it work (I had a profec b spec 2 for 3 years...never got any problem with it)

I let the actuator with no vacuum hooked up, it goes all the way up to 20 psi.

I have tried another greddy solenoid, still not working

I have changed all the vacuum lines on my engine, no leak at all and still not working

I have tried 2 different sources of vacuum for the solenoid (The vacuum sources for the BOV and a new one tapped on the hotpipe outlet from the turbo), still not working.

When I got the controller (it was used but in very good working order) it had the 2 wires that goes to the solenoid cut. I soldered them ...I don't know if it can be the problem. I dont think so..

Now, im stuck....I don't know if my E-01 controller units is fucked up. ( I have done the display / controller update to v1.15 )

I have done research already over the forums, I have found alot of thread that helped me trying something to fix that and it still doesn't work...

Also, I have read the FAQ Thread about greddy boost controller and setting said there doesn't work at all too...

If someone had this problem and fixed it or if you have a idea of what to look at, let me know.

Thanks
kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
SoloSilvia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (36)
SoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Buy a HKS actuator and call it a day!

For some reason with one of my S14's I had the same problem with the stock actuator not going past 7-8 lbs. I have a Greddy Profec-B 2 or something on this one. So I just threw a HKS actuator on and now I can control it also with the boost controller, runin 13.5 now on this one.

My old setup for another car I used the stock actuator and Had a Blitz SBC-id boost controller, and with that unit I was able to control boost at 14 all day if I wanted with the stock actuator. Thats what stumped me about the car above and your problem. Im not sure if it the different type of boost controllers or what.

Plus, the HKS actuator is an around good buy and cheap easy mod to do, and adjustable vs. the stock unit!